labia
we just found out that our granddaughter,who is 1 year old has a partial fused labia and that as she gets older it will pose problems for her.Can anyone tell me is surgery better now or later.
See what her pediatrician says.  My guess is, generally surgery when someone is a child is better than when an adult, but there might be mitigating factors (such as the chance of it coming apart naturally).  Also, surgery being better done on a young person does not mean they have to be only 1 year old.  Is this child in your care?  If not, I would let her parents handle it.  They can talk to her pediatrician, and maybe to a surgeon or specialist, before deciding what to do.
I would think it might be better in a year or so when her immune system is stronger and she will heal faster. also unless she is already potty trained i would think there is a higher chance of infection while wearing a diaper.