lisae7
My 7y girl has had uti for three years and has several types of antibiotics last one was amoxicillin/clavulanic acid,57mg. She now has Pseudomonas and doctor wants to give her cipro. think I should handle this differantly?
We have a urology forum on Med Help I think the good Doctor Sharma there may be able to help you .I found this information may be of use...When infection is localized and external, treatment with 1% acetic acid irrigations or topical agents such as polymyxin B or colistin is effective. Necrotic tissue must be debrided and abscesses must be drained.

When parenteral therapy is required, 5 mg/kg/day in divided doses of the aminoglycoside antibiotic tobramycin or gentamicin inhibits most Pseudomonas.

Other antibiotics used include amikacin, tobramycin and gentamicin. Several penicillins, including carbenicillin, ticarcillin, piperacillin, mezlocillin, and azlocillin, are active against Pseudomonas.

Specific choice of antibiotic must be based upon the history of pseudomonas sensitivity to the particular drug in the community and, if the organism is cultured, its specific sensitivity.

What Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Pseudomonas Infections

What is the probable cause of infection?

Why is this a threat?

Where is the site of the infection?

What are treatment options?

Which antibiotics will you use and what are the side effects?

Will this cure the infection?
I have been looking for the cipro / susp. 500mg/5ml disp:100ml no one caries and the doc. hasn't got back to me to change to a pil form.
what to do
Call him again or go to see someone else you have to know , what about the pharmacist in a drug store , they maybe able to help , we have a pharmacist forum on MH put the question there ...