vein on side of infants head
I am running an orphanage in Africa (Zambia) and we just received a 2 month old that has what looks like a thin vein running from the neck up to the top of the forehead. Like varicose veins but just the one. It is soft to the touch and the baby seems not to be bothered by it. It was like this for 5 days now. The baby is malnourished as she lost her mother a week ago and has been feeding on porridge. We took her to the clinic, but he said it was the "Creeping Worm", now I have never heard of this. But he said it is usually on the legs or belly. What do you think?

Thomas
Wanted to tell you first of all how ,how wonderful it is you are running an orphanage in Africa, my son helped as a fund raiser to get many wells running so the folks could get clean water. He adored Africa and its people, still misses being there ,is now a fund raiser in England for the Cancer Society.. Poor little baby ,porridge sounds great to feed her ,thin it out with water as it is a very glutaneous substance , it would take someone with knowledge of Africa to know what creeping worm is..could be on one of the expert forums, you may get an answer, here we have a lot of clever members I wish you luck ,would you give us a follow up on this child and maybe a story of your Orphanage in Africa ,,we have a forum called Success stories...