Any real alternatives
I was recently diagnosed with a grade III cystocele and grade III rectocele-along with prolapsed uterus. My gyn recommends a da Vinci repair (sacrohystocolpopexy). He will use abdominal mesh. How long will it take to really get over this. Due to work I will only have 4 weeks off before I return. Is this reasonable?
Hello, what kind of job do you have?  If you need to stand on your feet all day or do physical work, I think you will need more time to recover.  If you can sit a lot and have a sedentary job you might be able to return to work after four weeks.  Everyone recovers differently but at the same time you will have had major surgery and it is so important to give your body time to heal.  I am six weeks out from robotic surgery and there have been a few minor bumps in the recovery road.  I didn't feel that I got most of my pre surgery energy  back until about five weeks out.  I was told by my surgeon that recovery takes about three months.  You will have limitations on exercise,sex, and lifting.  You will be encouraged to walk very soon after surgery.  I am now taking three thirty min walks a day without walking like a snail!  Good luck to you and keep me posted on your outcome.
I am a nurse. However I actually do home visits so I have to carry things. I have searched the Internet for another treatment-although I knew surgery is my only real option-this site has helped me make a decision that I should wait until I have at least 6 wks of sick time to take off. My condition is very uncomfortable but liveable. Thanks so much.