Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
Do I need to contact my surgeon or is this normal healing

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Hi I had sacrocolpohysteropexy with enterocele repair with mesh and anterior repair without mesh two and a half weeks ago.  I am recovering well and can manage short walks and some days feel quite good and others less so..  I have had problems with my bowels and am taking a stool softener the first one (lactulose) gave me dreadful wind so I am now taking Laxido which helps but I still have problems pushing it out and my level of comfort seems to depend on the state of my bowels. I am having problems with an area at the back top of my vagina particularly when my bowel is full.  It feels like something is there which is rough and scratchy and there is some pressure too.  A few days ago there was a pinching feeling but this suddenly resolved.  Do you think this is normal healing and I am feeling stitches and swelling or do you think it is something to be worried about and I should contact my surgeon?  Many thanks
2 1/2 weeks is still very early in your healing curve.  Are you BMs soft?  Straining to have a BM is not recommended, and although you have swelling from your operation you may wish to speak to your surgeon to see if you can use a higher dose of Laxido or consider another option.  You could also rest your mind at ease by getting a check up see how you are healing.  Be careful not to over do it.  What restriction have you been given with regards to lifting and general activity?  Full healing can take 12 weeks and it is worth adhering to the healing guide lines to get the best result possible

I hope this helps.