Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Expert Forum
Onset of POP?

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) FORUM. This forum welcomes questions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

Onset of POP?
I am 43 yrs old, 3 c-sections all done in my 20's. I also had an endometrial ablation in January of 2011.  About 6 months ago i started to get severe urges to go. My frequency is about 10-15 times a day and only a little at a time. I always feel like when i am finished i have not completely emptied my bladder. It is not painful for me to urinate and there is not any itching.
Your symptoms suggest possible over active bladder, urgency, and frequency.  There may be many causes and an evaluation by a urogynecologist or urologist would be helpful. The symptoms can be successfully treated in most cases.  The feeling of not completely emptying your bladder could represent a cystocele (fallen badder) and pelvic examination would be necessary to diagnose this condition.

J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Hit post button by accident. Anyway it has now also become very painful to have sexual intercourse. Is it possible that the ablatiion could have caused these problems and if so does this sound like POP?