Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
bladder tie up

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

bladder tie up

Hi Im new to this forum and a few months ago I noticed that I had a feeling of something coming out of my vagina. I couldn't see anything just a weird feeling. I went to my gyno and he said that my bladder had fallen and I needed to have it tied up. He asked me if I had any bowel symptoms and I said I hadn't experienced any yet.  He then told me that I would eventually have to have my rectum lifted that this surgery wouldn't take care of that.  I am 6 days post surgery and I still have that feeling of something coming out of my vagina.  Its not any worse but its not any better.  I cant even tell a difference that I have had anything done.  Has anyone else had this surgery and experienced the same thing? I cant get into my doctor for another week.  Any information would help. Thanks
There are 5 types of pelvic organ prolapse, bladder is one of them, rectum is another. For more info on POP, please read this article.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Womens-Health/Taking-Pelvic-Organ-Prolapse-Out-of-the-Closet/show/1148?cid=591

It is very common to still feel that bulge so soon post surgery, it takes time for the tissue swelling to go down. It is very important that you don't lift anything heavy for 6 weeks post surgery (including children), you want to be completely healed prior to putting pressure on the pelvic cavity.

At the point you feel you need additional repairs, I highly recommend you see a urogynecologist, POP is a very intricate surgery and seeing a specialist increases the potential for a successful outcome.

If you have any other questions during your heal curve send them over to the pelvic organ prolapse forum (I'll have this post transferred there as well). I've had surgery for 3 of the 5 types of POP and can fill in the blanks for you.

Sher
Thanks so much for your input.....I was worried  but after hearing from you I am at ease!!!! Thanks
So glad I could help bella!