Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Community
rectocele repair

WELCOME TO THE PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (POP) COMMUNITY. This forum welcomes all discussions about female, pelvic organ prolapse.

rectocele repair

I had a rectocle repair done 7 wseks age.I had stitches.  I have pressure that seems to be near the vagina or the rectum.  Some times it moves a little around.  Have trouble sitting.  Some times pressure builds up and if I sit long enough it will make me haave a bowel movement.  This sometime relieves the pressure.  
Is the wall between the vagina and rectum strong enough yet or do I have to wait a little longer?
Could the sutures be putting pressure on the rectum and this iw waht is happening?
Any clue to what is going on?  Have you seen this in other women?
Any suggestions for pain killers?  Taking advil but it does not help.

.
It does take a while for POP repairs to heal up, sometimes the curve is 12 weeks. I remember the pressure I felt after my POP repair (rectocele, cystocele, enterocele), it should level off. At first the areas stitched will have hard tissue but it does soften up with time. Are you using an inflatable seat under you to cushion? At this point you should be able to sit in a bath, that may help make the tissues feel more comfortable although the bulk of repair is on inside. Eating lot of fruit for fiber (rather than grain) to keep stool soft is important so you are not putting pushing pressure on area. The repairs should be pretty healed up at this point but it will still feel like it is not. I pretty much stuck to the ibuprofen for pain, is the discomfort internal or external? You should talk to your physician if you are uncomfortable to the point where you need pain medication, at 7 weeks things should be leveling off on the pain front. Did you ice after your surgery to reduce inflammation? What kind of dr did your surgery, was it a urogynecologist?
Sher
Also  I'm having administration transfer this post to POP forum.
:)