Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Expert Forum
No cause found for Peripheral Neuropathy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

No cause found for Peripheral Neuropathy

I have had numbness tingling and burning in my left foot on and off for about a year now. I have been checked for diabetes and had one test that showed I was pre-diabetic and two others that showed I was normal. The doctors concluded that the two normal ones out weighed the positive. My h1c’s for the three tests were. 7, 5.6 & 5.3 They were done within days of each other. My podiatrist also told me to wear arch supports and this helped a lot with the pain. When I drink alcohol or have a lot of sugar the tingling returns. This leads me to believe that it is somehow related to my blood sugar. When there is no tingling or pain I only have partial feeling in my foot. I had and EMG and the results were normal.  I take the medications Agyestin and Yaz before that. I still do not know what the cause is of this neuropathy or if I will ever regain full feeling in my left foot.  Any help would be appreciated.