Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Forum

Questions in the Peripheral Arterial Disease forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Topics covered include abdominal aortic aneurysm , amputation, arteriovenous fistula, atherectomy, carotid artery surgery , cholesterol , claudication, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) , endovascular aortic stent graft (EVAR), stent placement , stroke prevention, varicose veins , and venous insufficiency .
I am 52 and had a triple bypass when I was 37. My left outer corotid artery shutdown and I had a stroke at 42. I now have a stent in my l...
I am taking Zimstat and like to find out if this is a good treatment for this colestrrol level its abou 6.8 atm
I am 26 year old female, and for the last 3 months on and off have been having this severe pain in my left calf. It will be there one da...
Last night in the night I had a cramp in my calf--I didnt wake up completly, but I remember putting my heel down, and pulling the cramp o...
My father needs to lower his cholesterol, but Statins cause him significant muscle problems (Myositis) and elevated Creatine Kinase CPK a...
I have always had normal blood pressure, 110-120/60-70 until the last few months. My pressure suddenly went up to 150-170/90-110 sometime...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.