Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community
Help with colic

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 0-6 MONTHS COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 0-6 months old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

Help with colic

Every night around 8 my daughter cries non stop until 11. The only thing that calms her down is if I hold her and walk around. I don't know if its gas that's bothering her or if its pain. Does it ever end? When is she supposed to get over it?
How old is she? My daughter did a 7-11 thing for about 3 weeks. We did what we could to soothe her. Gripe water, gas drops, hubs holding her tummy down on his forearm, etc. You may look into techniques used in the book "Happiest Baby on the Block" by Harvey Karp. The 5 S's are discussed.  Its a great book. You can probably just Google it and get the info w/o having to buy the book.
She's 6 weeks old. And we are also trying all of those also but sometimes it seems like nothing satisfies her. Just hope she gets over it soon.
Have you tried a warm wash rag on her tummy? I've heard that works for some.
No I haven't. Will give it a try tonight! Thanks! :)
I know movement helps a lot for many baby's, you can also try baby sit ups. Hold and brace the back of the neck, and then just move them like you would a crunch. It usually gets better around 3-6 months or so, but some babies have it longer. I was told I had it as an infant and my grandpa would have to walk around and bounce me on an arm to keep me from screaming. You can also use gripe water, it's usually very effective at helping it.
I've not heard of the sit ups, good idea! Another is to move baby's legs in a bicycle motion while she's on her back.