Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS and want to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

PCOS and want to conceive

I was diganoised wit PCOS back in April and im 23. I have been with my partner for nearly 5 years and we started to try for a baby last year, nothing was happening so it took my doctor till April to tell me i had PCOS. I was so upset. I have been on Metformin since July and only had 2 cycles. I really want a to get pregnant, i have been going to the gym 4 times and weeks and i do not seem to be losing weight - I have been trying!!

I have an apoointment with my doctor next week as i want to go on Clomid - I am desperate to start a family.
Your not alone. I am 22 and just got diagnoised in April as well and I haven't actually had a proper period yet even with the metformin. I started weight watchers in April and I lost 7 lbs but I gained it right back. My doctor acutally put me back on birth control because I suddenly started bleeding heavily for no reason. My husband and I really want to start a family in a bout 6 to 8 months now and I spoke with my doctor the other day and he told me that I don't ovulate at all on my own (that is why I am on the BC) and that we will need help when we start trying. I have heard some good things about Clomid and I really do hope it works out good for you.
PCOS is really frustrating .I have heard also that clomid is really helpful.In fact I am getting ready to start my first round of it as soon as my period starts.I have had PCOS for many years and am experiencing secondary infertility and have not had a regular period in a long time good luck to you and always have faith
i am having  PCOS, can i have sex during this time, any suggestions please, it is painful i feel.
Thank you for your comments.

I went to my doctors and she advised that it is good having a period as before i didn't have any and i told her that me and my partner want to tart a family, she has arranged for my blood test to be done make sure my sugar levels are up and  the arranged for me to go an see the PCOS specialist at the local hospital.

@hereiam690 - Yes you can have sex, It does not hurt me.

Do anyone else find it hurts during Sex?
I am 31 years old and just found out that I have PCOS a year ago.  I always knew that something was wrong because my periods were irregular.  I have been on Metformin for 10 months and have had a period every month.  I went to the Dr in May to get a blood blood test that showed that I ovulated on my own.  However, still no pregnancy.  Last month i got false postive pregnancy test, but the line was very light.  I started buying ovulation predictor kits to track my ovulation.  

I also tried clomid 2 different times and it did not work for me.

I am overweight and also started weight watchers in January.  I have lost 35 pounds since January and have 30 more to go.  I have been on this really strict diet for the pass 2 weeks to drop the fat fast.  I have been taking prenatal vitamins for a year and a half now.  I hope all my hard work pays off soon.  Good LUck Everyone!!!!!
Clomid works for some people with PCOS but it doesn't work for everyone. I found out from reserch and my fertilty Dr that i saw that Clomid doesn't work the best for girls that have PCOS. I tried it as a test run and it didn't do anything.. When I was trying to concieve (conceive) I didn't have a period so the first thing was to do a round of Birth Control or progestrone to start my period.. then I tried fermera and a trigger shot to drop a egg( I ended up droping two eggs, but only one got zapped..lol) And boom I was pregnant. It also has a lower chance of miscarriage. So I'd mention to your DR about Fermera. For me it was a life saver and my baby boy was born 4-5-11.
So i went to my doctor and told her that we wanted to start trying so we need the help. I had my blood tests doen and my liver showed up as abnormal. So i have to come off my metformin to see if my liver goes back down to normal levels. This has really frustrated me, i was finally getting some where with my periods and the past 6 months has been for nothing.
I had a few days after i stopped taking metformin but was only on for 3 days. I know this is going to be a long process but its horrible to think the one thing i really want, i may not be able to have! I am still gaining weight like crazy and getting strech marks all over my belly, but i go to the gym and swimming .. i feel like i am fighting against a losing battle.

Is it possible to get pregnant when youare not taking any medication for PCOS?

I have been off my metformin for a month now, had a period but only bleed for 3 days, i took an ovulation test last night and it showed positive. Is it possible that i can ovulate on my own?