has this happened to anyone else and what did you do about it?
I'm new to this forum but I have this  situation that has been bothering me for the last five years. first off, I have been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 13 years old. my doctor gave me birth control to regulate and it worked. however the older I got the more weight piled onto me. he told me when I found out I had PCOS to look it up on the net and that aside from the bc was all I got. in my twenties I went from met to avandia, which made me sick, back to bc.  five years ago I went to my gyno to ask for help concieving. I had been with my bf for two years and we couldn't conceive.  he told me flat out that I hadn't been with my bf long enough to know if we'd stay together and that I should be married first. that shot me down quick so we waited and tried more. Its three years later and I went to my gp and he told me to lose the weight, which I've been trying to, and it will happen on it's own. I got back on met and asked for provera because I don't want bc.  he won't give it to me. he's pushing the lap band which I can't afford and tells me that it's worth going into debt for. I had to get his referral to go to the gyno but I'm nervous that Maybe my gyno will side with my gp.  what makes me upset is that my cousin who is in the same boat as me went to the same gyno and he gave her the clomid. I just don't know what to do if he refuses me again. I'm very tired of doctors telling me they work for me but not helping me with what I ask. I'm 30 yrs old. I dont want to wait till I'm 35 to get help concieving. has this happened to anyone? if so, what did you do?
He suggested lap band surgery?  Yet your cousin who is exactly the same weight did not get the same suggestion from him but instead got Clomid?
Yes he did. he told her that she was overweight and what the risks were then he gave it to her. he told me No and told me I should be married first.  I'm confused about his reasons.
Are you sure your cousin is equally over her ideal weight as you are?  When a doctor recommends lap band surgery, he is saying he thinks someone's weight is a serious issue.  Are you shorter than your cousin?  
I am sure. I'm taller than my cousin by 61/2 inches and my body frame is larger than her petite one. I am not trying to sound whiny or jealous, I just don't understand his reasons for saying Yes to her and No to me.  as for the lap band, he tries to get everyone who is overweight to get it. he told her to get it last year.
That makes more sense.  Did your cousin get pregnant?  I can see that if she did that would make it hard.
Yes she is.
Well, here is what I would suggest.  Go to another doctor.  Ask how serious he or she takes the weight part of the equation, and then if the new doctor tells you in all earnestness that you would damage your health if you tried a pregnancy without some weight loss, listen, since that would be two doctors who say it.  But if the new doc thinks you are not so over that you need to limit your reproductive plans, then talk to them about Clomid.  I can't tell from your story if you have a medical issue with the weight.  A friend of mine who had the kind of weight-loss surgery that they used to call "having your stomach stapled" said it  literally saved her life.  I think she was at 350 lbs. or more when she got it.  If she had tried to get pregnant at 350 lbs., she would have been taking a high risk, and it would not matter if she had a cousin similarly situated or if she thought the doctor was being rude.  Medical advice is sometimes not prejudice, it is just medical advice.  

Anyway, good luck with your plans.
WOW YOUR GP IS TELLING YOU HOW TO RUN YOUR LIFE I WOULD HAVE NOT CAME BACK AFTER THE COMMENT YOU HAVE TO BE MARRIED
I also recommend you seek a second opinion.