Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
pcos and mirena

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

pcos and mirena

i was diagnosed with pcos at the age of 17. i am now 28 and have i 1 little boy! it took us 3 years with out any help of meds to get pregnsnt in 2006. after noah was born my doc suggested i use the mirena. i had it inplanted in oct 07. i had 1 peroid that was in may of 09 and other than that some spotting once in awhile.

we are now ttc # 2! i had it removed on 10/13/09. i had the normal post removal bleeding 2 days later and since then nothing. i have tried opks, which someone told me they are a waste of money when you have pcos, and they have all been neg. i took a hpt yesterday and it was also neg.

i guess what i am asking is for people to tell me there experiences and stories that have similar problems. i know i shouldnt panic yet since it has been only 1 month, but i would like to know how long it took to concieve (conceive) afterwards!

looking forward to some reponses and thank you!
Tags: PCOS, mirena, TTC
I recently was diagnosed with pcos my Dr told me and it was in information i obtained from the mirena web site that the Mirena IUD actually ups your chances of ovarian cyst, and can cause you to miss more cycles when coming off of it. i have always had a regular 28 day cycle since soming off Mirena a few months ago My cycles have been between 28 and 54 days long. i know it's probably not what you wanted to hear, but that what i have been told.
thank you for your response! i am going to try and wait the 3 months and then go back to my doc. hopefully the meds she wants to give me then will help me ovulate and we can then get pregnant! i guess it takes about 3 months for your body to get regulated after the iud was removed! i dont know if i will be choosing this form of contrceptive again!
I know i won't use it again, i had a bunch of issues with mirena. To bad because I did'nt get pregnant on it when I have got pregnant on 3 other forms of birth control. Good luck and baby dust to both of us :)