Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Am I crazy?

A community of women with Postpartum Depression concerns offering support and sharing experiences. Ask a question or join a conversation: symptoms and management.

Am I crazy?

I just had a baby two months ago and a couplr of days ago i started having visions of throwing my baby and my six year old daughter off a cliff with a waterful and I hear voices in the middle of the night telling me to take them to Noccullua Falls. What's wrong with me?
Definitely this is not normal at all and you should really contact your doctor ASAP to get referred to a counselor or PPD expert to discuss this further.  Every woman is affected differently after birth.  If you are not breastfeeding, your hormones may not return back to normal sooner than a woman who is breastfeeding and you may be experiencing some unexpected effects.  Talk to your partner about this too and let them know what you are feeling and visioning.  It's crucial that you address these issues early on while you have an element of control.

Did this happen before after you gave birth to your daughter?
Here's a link that might help too:

http://postpartum.net/Get-the-Facts/Postpartum-Psychosis.aspx

Keep talking and posting and definitely keep us updated.
I always breastfeed, but still always get PPD.  I would def have a talk w/ your doctor.  Hearing voices does kind of change it from "classic" PPD to the Psychosis level.  This does not sound good and I would get it addressed ASAP.
That first 3 months after birth can be challenging with hormones getting back in the swing of things.  I try to be extra cautious with how I am feeling and do the best to still take care of myself even though I have a little one to take care of too as well as other responsibilities.

I have used Motherwort herb for any mild transitions I needed help with, but breastfeeding was probably definitely a saving grace to get those hormones back into sync quickly.  But definitely when you start crossing over into the level of hearing things that instruct you to cause harm to yourself or others, that is a need for medical action as soon as possible.  Keep us posted indeed.