Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Coping with PPD

A community of women with Postpartum Depression concerns offering support and sharing experiences. Ask a question or join a conversation: symptoms and management.

Coping with PPD

My daughter is 9 months old and I have been treating my PPD for over 6 months.  I'm taking antidepressants (Celexa) and have already been through an entire round of counseling.  I began to feel more "normal" in the fall but now I feel like I'm in a tailspin again.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Is it normal to start feeling better and suddenly be worse?  I keep hoping I'll wake up one morning and the PPD will be gone, but it honestly seems like I'll never get there.  
I hate that I am just now seeing this, but you may just need your anti-depressant to be changed.  I had to do that too, and it was several months after I had my baby.  I went from Zoloft to Lexapro and it helped me a lot and it helped fast.  So yes, it can be normal.  It can also be normal for PPD to seemingly go away and then creep back up.  Please see about speaking with your doctor.  Good luck!!!
I'm on the same medication and I feel the same way. Like life is getting better than all of a sudden it falls down again.