5509652 tn?1391232415
Post Partum Anger
I'm a 21 year old single mom of two young kids, aged 12.5 months and 7 weeks.
I'm having a hard time coping with their crying/whining. It is the worst sound in the world to me and I just want it to stop. I become so angry when one of both I them is crying. There are very many times when I want to throw them to get them to stop (no, I haven't done that.) I don't harm them but instead I harm myself, out of frustration because I cannot handle the crying. My arms are currently filled with bruises.
My question here is, what are some coping techniques that could help me be less angry with them all the time? I want to be happy and enjoy my kids but they just won't shut up.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You really need to seek medical help because if you want them to shut up techniques can't really help. I hold my son close and love him and God lets him smile at the right moment to keep me going and know everything is ok.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
287246 tn?1318573663
I would def get some help as well.  The fact of the matter is that kids cry and there isn't anything that can be done about that.  And you have babies, so babies are going to cry no matter what.  It's what they do.  All mommies get tired and frustrated but if you are even thinking about throwing your kids to make them shut up, you need some help.  I am not saying you would do it but they deserve to have a mom who is completely mentally well.  They can't help that they cry.  It is their only way of communicating to you that something is wrong.  I urge you to get some help for both you and your kids sake.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
5509652 tn?1391232415
I've been on anti depressants the past month but have no taken them in a week.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
287246 tn?1318573663
They won't help you if you don't take them.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources