Treatment for PPD
I had my babygirl on July 9 and ever since I haven't been feeling like myself. I dunno if its baby blues or something more severe since I haven't been to a doctor for it yet. Just was wondering if there's something I can do for it besides meds or counseling?
Get some support have some time to your self which is difficult w a baby so ask your husband if you can or family to take the baby for an hour or two so you can sleep get your nails done or go for a walk. Self care is so important but there is a
There is a place for medication if you are having thoughts of suicide or hurting your baby. They can be passive like I just don't want to be here any more or just wanting to squeeze your baby so they will stop crying or just not being able to handle anything   Get the support you need and talk w your doctor if it gets worse. There is help out there.  Take care.
I always take meds.  And if you gave birth through an OB, you should be able to call him or her and get a script.  You shouldn't have to see them for PPD specifically.

If you are feeling that bad to where it is effecting your daily life, please get some type of help.  Oh, fish oil is also said to be good for PPD and you can get supplements for that.  I would also take a Vitamin D supplement.  We get Vitamin D from the sun and if you don't get out much, you may be lacking in it.  Vitamin D is big in emotional health so I would take that too.  Good luck!
Thanks ladies!! I could never dream of hurting my baby or leaving her behind so no worries there I just need some me time. Its difficult to get though cuz she just cries if I leave her with anyone else (even my husband)
I know what you mean.  I would never hurt my babies either but I still get very depressed and I HATE feeling that way.  So I take meds anyway.  I usually only need them for a few weeks.  But PPD can resurface later on so at least I have them if I feel I need them again.

Try starting to get out while the baby sleeps.  Like when your husband is home and she goes to sleep, try going to the store for like an hour.  My youngest is 8 weeks old and I have just started doing that.  I try to feed her before I leave, if she is awake, and I leave milk for her.  I know she cries some and I hate that but I don't leave for long.  Just try to get out a little bit.  If you drink coffee, try going to get a cup of coffee.  I LOVE doing that.

Good luck!  This will pass for sure.  You just might need a little bit of help.