Aa
A
A
Close
652671 tn?1353715765
don't know whether it's PPD or not
Hi,
I am 24 years old, and I have 3 children. A 4 year old, a 3 year old, and a 2 week old. I just know there's something wrong with me. No matter how hard I try, I just can't feel close or attached to my baby. It's not just the newborn, but the other two as well. I breastfeed as much as I can, and I plaster that smile on my face, but it's not what I feel. I am trying so hard to just feel love for my babies, but it just isn't happening. I just end up crying over her because I feel so bad and guilty over not feeling the way I want to. I take care of them all the way I should but it feels to me like I HAVE to, and not that I WANT to. I battled the whole way through her pregnancy because I did not want a third child. She's so beautiful and precious and I know she deserves all the love in the world and I hate myself over this. I have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and recurrent general anxiety while I was pregnant, and was put on Welbutrin sr 200 mg/day. I feel no better than before I started taking the meds and now I'm so scared it's getting worse. I would never hurt a child but I can feel this terrible indifference growing inside me and all i want is to feel love for them all. I can't feel anything but hurt and guilt and anger. I already see a counselor but nothing really helps. I worked full time up until I had her and have to cut my maternity leave short so i can start bringing money back into our household. I am torn in half over that too because I'm not even sure if more time is what i need. If i don't go back soon my entire family will have no where to live because I am the breadwinner. i just don't know what to do.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
287246 tn?1318573663
I am so sorry you are going through this.  First off, I would try switching medications.  If you aren't feeling any different, maybe Welbutrin isn't the right medication for you.  I always take Zofran after I have a baby.  It helps me pretty quickly.

2nd, did you feel this way toward your other 2 children before having #3?  Or was this put in motion after having baby #3?

It sounds like you are doing all of the right things.  The first few weeks are sooooooo hard after having a baby.  I don't feel half normal again until they are about 3 months old or so.  When things get hard, I just remind myself that they are only little for a short time.  I have 6 kids and I just can't believe how fast they grow up.  And I know that as hard as things seem sometimes, before I know it, they will be grown and gone.  

Just last night I was watching part of a movie.  Some woman on this movie had never married or had children.  She was sitting there reflecting on how much she hated being alone.  I think I would hate coming home to an empty house.  I don't think I would know what to do with myself.  

Those are just some of the things I think about when I feel super stressed....

My advice is to def continue to go to counseling and talk about your feelings a lot.  Pin point when you started feeling this way.  And I would def try a new medication.  It could make all the difference in the world.

I wish you luck and I hope you come back and check this.  Please PM me anytime you want to talk.
Comment
Cancel
287246 tn?1318573663
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
652671 tn?1353715765
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community Resources
Top Pregnancy Answerers
Blank
taitai82 tai tai