Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
postnatal depression???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

postnatal depression???

hi ladies just looking for your aadvice really??

i have had a really hard goin last 2 years. i had a stillborn little boy in november 08 then got pregnant again very quickly with my little girl who is now 7 months, her pregnacy was a living nightmare for me and her birth was fairly rough too.

then once she was born she was quite small and very sick so i worried hugely abt her when she was born........ which in turn 7 months later i now feel awful all the time i constantly panick, i can't eat (have completly lost my appitite) since she was born, i sturggle hugely to sleep and each morning when i wake up and think off all the things i have to do in my day i could literlly cry.

on top of this i also constantly worry i have some terminal illness and constanly have aches and pains in my bones/ribs head ect.

despite this i love my little girl to bits but it's strange on the 2 days out of the 7 months someone has taken her out for the day my symptoms dissappear.

any ideas if this could be depression?? my doc did mention it to me before but i felt i wasn't until i came home and thought abt it???
Sorry about your loss. Yes. It sounds like post-pardom depression. Get into your doctor and get medicated! Your life will begin to feel normal again. That is no way to live!
I am so very sorry about your loss as well.

I agree w/ Bksdds.  Get on some meds.  You love your daughter, I know but she will only be little for a VERY short period of time.  I know that sounds cliche, but take it from a mother of 6....they grow up so very quickly.  You will blink and she will be in Kindergarten.  This is a very wonderful stage for her.  She is constantly changing and learning and going from one milestone to another, so this is a time to TRULY enjoy her.  My 6th baby is 9 months old and I really take in each day and just try my best to enjoy her and hug her and kiss her as much as I can.  I can't stress it enough.

Get on those meds and take control of your life again.  You will feel like yourself again in no time.

Good luck :)
I feel sorry for the loss of your baby boy.

I also think that you are experiencing postpartum depression and I know this is hard because as a mother myself, I also had moments like this when I just gave birth to my first baby. But really all what it takes is support from your family and also friends. It would also help if you seek advice of some medical professionals who specializes in postpartum depression. You may also get some information online if you would like to know more about ppd which I did before and it really helped me understand the situation I was going through.

Wish you well.

Regards,
Abi
ppdsupport.com