what are the chances of PPD happening again?
I didn't have postpartum depression with my first son but I was depressed during the pregnancy even though I was extremely happy about being pregnant. With my second son I was fine during the pregnancy but was extremely depressed and anxious AFTER having him so my doctor put me on a medication I took it for a few months and then I was fine. I'm now 16 weeks pregnant and my mom care worker has been calling me non stop to check on my depression it's got me wondering what are the chance of the depression coming back???
I'm curious also. I didn't have any signs of depression during pregnancy #1 but when I got home from hospital I got ppd severely. Doc took me in right away and said I needed meds ASAP. Took them for a few months and was fine. I am pregnant with #2 now and I do not want to feel that way again. It was too awful and I really hated that I felt that way. It was beyond controllable.
They say that if you have PPD with one pregnancy you are at a 50% increased risk for developing it with subsequent pregnancies
I had ppd pretty severely with my first and was perfectly fine after my second son was born.  I was even taking care of a 1 year old and a newborn alone while hubby was gone for training and still no ppd.
Suprisedmama that was encouraging to hear!
that is a great thing to hear surprisedmama3 and thank you knufrio I didn't know that! rbecky15 I agree I don't want to feel that way EVER again I hope I'll get lucky and it won't come back i have a dr apt next week ill talk ask about it when i go. I wish you luck and congrats on baby #2!!!