Pregnancy 18-24 Community
13 weeks....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

13 weeks....

...and showing. Ugh. I was so petite now I can't suck it in to save my life. I feel fat and disgusting.

lol when do you FEEL pregnant and not grotesque???
its because you were small to begin with.  There isn't any other place for baby to go but out.   I'm 25 wks and a bigger girl to start with but I still feel "round" and one of the girls I work with told me I looked round a about 15wks.  Sad part is I have only gained 8lbs to date.  maybe even less then that... I somehow dropped 5lbs in 2 wks, oops.     Anyways you have to remember that its not you gaining it's the baby.  Pregnancy is a beautiful thing.  don't put any pressure on yourself.
I'm small as well and can't wait to show some "rondeurs" or curves. Remember it's the most beautiful miracle to carry a life within you, and the weight gain is only temporary. I eat healthy and exercise, but won't starve my baby bcoz I wanna stay skinny, my baby's health is most important and his growth has to show out... You aren't fat, you're sexy curvy ;)  Try to enjoy your new curves, many women would give everything to experience what you're going through.
I used to feel like that cos I didn't look pregnant for ages last time...same this time but now I'm like "friggit I'm growing a baby" I feel like it not my body until baby is born :-)
I never showed early, but gain crazy amounts at the end. The down side? Really bad stretch marks! All the way down & all the way up to my belly button! Maybe long term, showing steadily will help the final outcome of how your body looks afterwards :-) short term annoyance = long term beauty lol
in a few weeks you'll have a more definite bump and it certainly made me feel better whdn it was more obvious to everyone that I was pregnant and not just gaining weight! I felt like a blob up until then!
All of you were so helpful! I feel sooooo much better about this weight gain, or bloating, or whatever it is. LOL its a baby! That's all that should matter.  :)
I am just over 8 weeks with my 4th and I am also feeling rather round already. I was quite small before and am very petite. I can not wait until others can look at me and be christian it is baby and not bulk. Congratulations :)
I am just over 8 weeks with my 4th and I am also feeling rather round already. I was quite small before and am very petite. I can not wait until others can look at me and be CERTIAN it is baby and not bulk. Congratulations :) (got to love auto correct)
Im not super skinny 5'1 115lbs, with my 1st 20wks+ I started showing. Gained over 50lbs but no stretch marks. Thankfully lost it all in a year, n didnt breast feed. Dont worry u'll lose the weight. Im on my 2nd pregnancy 13wks n already gained 6lbs due to fatigue. I feel super fat too bcuz I m super insecure about my weight. We jus have to think positive!
I was the same i could wear size 6 dresses and shirts and now im just fitting into size 10 and im only 23 weeks u didnt feel pregnant till i felt him kick and then you are reminded all the bloidy that there is a little baby inside you.
I was a size 6 too...not tiny (a little extra padding), but a compact little frame...so I started showing really early too. It was most frustrating before I "popped out" around 16-17 weeks; even after I told people I was pregnant they said it just looked like I put on some extra weight. Jeez, thanks lol. But once my belly popped out and it looked like I swallowed a basketball and wasn't just in the "look fat, not pregnant" stage, it got kinda cute. Then I bought cute maternity clothes and it made me feel a lot happier about the crazy changes this little baby was making to my body.