Pregnancy 25-34 Community
38 wks-babys head too big for pelvis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

38 wks-babys head too big for pelvis

I had my weekly appt yesterday. My doctor scheduled an ultrasound next week after observing that my son's head seems to be too large for the current state of my pelvis. My hips aren't expanding enough &as a result, c-section birth has entered the picture. Does anyone know of exercises or anything I can try to help my joints expand more so I can have a better chance of having a natural birth?
Relaxin is a chemical pregnant women make naturally to help loosen hips and ribs. Sounds like ur not makin any or enough. I'm not sure of any exercises but will they not let u try to go natural? You never know when labor starts you could spread enough
My girlfriend (a mommy of three) recommended I do squats during contractions (like hang on to the rails on the walls of the hospital and squat down with knees spread apart). I think it really helped because I went from 4cm to 8cm in like 3 hours. I could tell afterwards that my hips had spread!

Maybe you could try something like that? Can't hurt.
I would speak to your doctor about trying for it natural and maybe he/she can have someone waiting for C section if it doesn't work out. I think they really just like to do c sections. :/. . . 2nd time, im gonna have to remember that.
Well I think that's what will be determined at the ultrasound. I think he's wanting to avoid putting the baby into distress &avoid the risk if it does aeem apparent his head will be too large to pass thru. I'm hoping to be able to try at least, but not at the risk of then doing an emergency cesarean when we could have or should have done it in the first place.