Pregnancy 25-34 Community
6 weeks preg., no embryo seen and worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

This is my first time on here. I found this website while looking for some information about my pregnancy, and I am very excited to know there is a place like this with people going through some of the same things.  I am 25 and pregnant with my first child. I went for my first ultrasound on May 23rd thinking I was 6 weeks by my LMP, (however my periods are not regular).  All they saw at this visit was the gestational sac and said that I was probably just 5 weeks or so.  Well, I went back on June 2nd for what should be my 6 week visit ( and I know I am at least 6 weeks going by the earliest point you can have a positive preg. test) and the gestational sac had grown and they saw a good yolk sac but were unable to see a fetal pole or hb yet.  This worried me bc everywhere I read it says that almost always at 6w. you should see the fetal pole.  Has anyone else definetely been 6 w. but unable to see the baby yet.  Should I be worried?.  I have also had some cramping similar to period cramping in my lower back with light spotting, sometimes reddish and sometimes brownish. Has anyone had this as well and yet everything be ok. I have to wait  a whole week to go for another us, and it is just so hard to wait and not know if any of this is normal. Please give my your honest opinion. I dont want false reassurance. Thank you very much, Beth
Hi, I'm really not familiar with u/s, I've only had them done at 20 weeks and that's it. Did you ask your Dr if there was a problem? I think he would of gave you some indication of what is going on. Good luck to you.
Hi welcome to the forum. We are here to support and help eachother when we can. I am going to be 7 weeks next Monday 6/10 and when I went to the doc. for u/s last sat. he saw the sac and tiny yolk but ask me to wait at least to be 7 weeks to come back for another u/s for the heartbeat!!!for me too  this is a long week so now we at least two  + husbands!! patience we must have!!
take care   good luck to us
keep us posted
Geneva
try not to worry. i went for u/s at 5 to 6 weeks, and they saw the sac/yolk but did not see baby, it was just too early. and also if they are using older equipment (u/s) they won't see things as quickly as with the new u/s machines. try to relax. i too, had bleeding at about that time also, started out bright red, and then went brownish, even seemed jelly like at times, it was never that heavy though, my ob dr. told me that it was probably just implantation bleeding, and some women do have cramping with that too, i did. now i am 15 weeks, and besides a slight placenta previa, which should correct itself, everything is fine.  if your cramping gets worse, or you start bleeding real heavy you should get it checked. hope i have helped.
melonie
I seem to be in the same boat as you!  Just came home from the doctor with my husband and we were mortified by what she said.  I am 6 weeks possibly 7.  The ultrasound tech saw the sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat yet.  My doc sent me home with a container like I was going to lose the pregnancy.  My husband and I were so fumed at her insenitivity and negativity and decided it's time to find a new doc.  We are keeping positive thoughts in our mind and hope to see a heartbeat next week - at a different docs office.  This is my 7th pregnancy, but I've not been pregnant in nine years and this would be considered "high risk" because I'm 37.  I am hearing more and more how common this spotting is in the first trimester, so let's both just stay positive and hope for the best.  I have one opinion and that is that everyone ovulates at a different time, which can cause your expected pregnancy length to be shorter than thought.  So maybe you are 5 weeks and you will see the embryo next week and maybe I'm a little earlier than 6 weeks and I'll see the heartbeat next week!   So glad I found this site.
I found out about 4 weeks ago that I am pregant after having a tual ligation about 8 years ago.  I started out having mild cramping with no bleeding, I went in to the ER just to check and make sure that everything was okay, only because I heard that there was a risk of an ectopic pregnancy because of the tubal ligation.  My HCG levels had risen, I was given a u/s and told that there was a perfect egg sac in my uterus and that I was about 6 weeks along, that news gave my husband and I a sigh of relief.  The head of OB came in and I was then told that I would probably miscarry.  She told me to come back in a couple of days to review my levels, once I returned I was told that my levels had risen but had not doubled, "this is not a viable pregant and you will probably pass this baby in a couple of days", she said.  I went in a week later, I was given another u/s and was told that the sac was empty and should pass the tissue over the weeked.  Needless to say,I am about 8 weeks preganat today and have not had cramping or bleeding yet.  My husband and I are trying really hard to remain positive and keep our heads up, there is a higher power, please do the same.
I suppose I'm also in the same boat...I'm 33 and it's my first pregnancy.  I went for my first ultrasound yesterday.  The doctor's original due date guess put me at 8 weeks...however, the baby only measured 6 weeks and 2 days.  She said that the fetal pole was present but that there was no heartbeat and suggested that I go ahead and schedule a D&C...she said that they normally see the baby's heartbeat at 5 weeks.  After the initial shock wore off, I called another doctor and they told me that they felt this doctor was jumping the gun a little and that they don't normally see a heartbeat until 7 weeks or later.  I am going for another ultrasound with the second doctor next week...I've been looking online to try and find some clear answers as to when the heartbeat should be present...but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.  Has anyone ever had this happen.
Hi gals,
I also went in at 6 weeks and no fetus was seen. Had occasional small brown discharge so as you can guess I was extremely worried. Anyhow, docs and nurses explained that light discharge is relatively normal and very common in first trimester. I am scheduled to go on Tues ( 8 weeks 1 day)for a 2nd ultra because doc thought 6 weeks was just too early to see the fetus and that many docs dont do them that early. All the best, and keep us posted.
I just went for my first ultrasound because i just found out that i am pregnant. My periods are off all the time and sometimes i don't even get it for months. For the passed few weeks though i have been feeling very tired and my breasts are a little sore. In the ultrasound they told me that the sac looks at about 5 weeks because of the size, but they still didn't see any embryo inside. I asked the doctor and he said that it was too early to tell. I went to my family doctor today and she is sending me for another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see if everything is growing the way it should be...is this normal? I've been a little worried but trying not to stress myself out...has anyone had any similar experiences?
Hello, my experience was a lot like yours;
I went in for an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days---only a sac was seen, nothing else. I was told I would most likely miscarry. 2 days later I bled enough to cover a panty liner and thought, Oh Boy, here it is. But then that was it. No more bleeding and no cramping. Then I went in at 8 weeks and saw my baby with a great heartbeat!! I had brown spotting for 4 more weeks, but at 12 weeks everything was completely normal and healthy. The bleeding was caused by my placenta lifting up at the edge a little. This is fairly common and usually everything turns out okay.

So, there's one story. No false reassurance---it really could turn out to be just fine for you!!! Like it did for me and many others on here. Early ultrasounds are a curse in my opinion. There are just too many variables in super early pregnancies.
Best of luck to you!
i felt the same way.. and everyone on here was tellin me it is prob just too early. and it was. in a week we saw a hearbeat....the little shrimp. and now its growing a lot. so dont worry i was really worried and the doctor had me all worried about it. worried for nothing! so dont worry. i stopped worrying and everything turned out ok
however i didnt have any cramping or bleeding or anything.
At 9 weeks we had an ultrasound and saw baby and everything but there was no heartbeat and I ended up miscarrying at 12 weeks but the doctor said that the baby probably died before 5 weeks.  I had cramps my whole pregnancy but thought that was normal and then the last week or so they got really bad and then I lost my baby.  It sounds to be you are just early and I do hope that is the case.  Let us know how everything turns out!
Hi, this happened to me too. I took 2 pregnancy tests both positive, I developed bleeding, brightred now brown.  I had an ultrasound the sac is there no wmbryo was seen. The doctor feels I am six weeks but this could be what he called a non embryonic pregnancy. My hcg level is normal the sac is there. I think it's too early. I am worried but it feels good to know I am not alone. There defentely is a higher being. My husband and I are keeping the faith.
Well I am having a simular situation,,, I was 5w 6d when I started bleeding ,,,I work in a hospital so I went straight to the ER,,, I had some blood test drawn and my hcg level was 12600,, when I had a u/s done the seen only the gestational sac no heart beat and Questionable fetal pole! I'm so scared ,,, I don't know what to think!! My son is 7 and I never had any problems carrying him!! If anyone is out there ill keep u posted
5w 6d can be too early to see a heartbeat and fetal pole.  Cross your fingers, it might all be fine.
When I was 5 weeks and 6 days, I had ONLY a gestational sac. Nothing else. A few days later I bled and thought for sure I was losing the pregnancy.
I am now holding my 4 week old son---so it can definitely be normal and nothing to worry about.
Best of luck to you!
I am 42 going through IVF and my first u/s two weeks ago showed two yolk sacs that measured at 5 weeks 2 days.  I went in last Friday for my 2nd u/s and both yolk sacs measured at 5 weeks 6 days and there was only a heartbeat in one and it was low at 83 BPM.  The Dr. said I have a 5 - 10% chance of keeping the pregancy because they didn't grow at the right rate and the heart beat is very low.  Evidently, woman my age have a very slight chance of getting pregnant, but even a lesser chance of maintaining the pregrancy.  I was very upset last Friday, but am trying to remain positive.  This web site helped me to see that you just never know what's going happen.  Any words of widsom is greatly appreciated.    
I am in the same situation I went to the ER yesterday cause I woke
up having really bad abdominal pain. I am 5wks 2days they did a U/S
and saw a gestational sac of 5wks but no fetal pole. I have not had any
bleeding or anything like that but I have been having alot of pain. What
should I do? Should I worry.
Your story really gives me hope. I was 5 weeks when I went into the ER with mild cramping on my left side. My hcg was 22,000 but only a ges. sac was seen no embryo...how upsetting.  I had more blood work done a day and a half later and my hcg has risen to 29,000 and I have an ultrasound coming up on 10/23 to see if I can finally see my baby.  I suffered a missed m/c in April so I'm worried.  I will keep you all posted. Hopefulliy my story will turn out like Jenny100's!!!
I went to the doctor this week for an ultrasound,. I thought I was 9weeks along and the tech told me I am only 6. They saw a sac and a fetal pole but no heartbeat. I was worried because they sent me for an Hcg reading and I have to go for another one on Monday. I wish you all the best.
i am new to here i had a scan done last week the woman told me she could see the gestational sac but nothing else she said the sac is measuring just under six weeks but i have had no bleeding up to now i have got to go back for my scan on the 28th of this month i am worried sick i
i thought i was 8 weeks.u/s stated i was 6 weeks  when i was spotting and mild cramping i went to er they did u/s said there was a sac w/o fetal pole. went two days later for blood test hgc went up. have to schedule another u/s next week. i pray all will be good then. i have a 7 year old and had no problems at all w/ him.best of luck to everyone,i'll pray for you all.
I was told that i was only 5 weeks and that i had a a sac and know heart beat at the u/s also im so worried and trying to not be stressed out but im really scared.i have another u/s on6-12-008 please keep us in your prays.any one can related
It is amazing that so many of you are having the same problems as my husband and I.  I started bleeding yesterday and went for an u/s and no embryo could be seen.  I am about 6 weeks and they said that it is likely I will lose the pregnancy.  I go back monday to get my hormone levels tested again and I pray that all will be well.  Please update me on some of your stries!!  
Hi Ladies,
I am supposed to be  6 wks  and have yet to see a heart beat.  I am an ultrasound tech so of coarse I have had 2 already to see if we could see a sac at  5 wks and then again yesterday to see a heat beat.  Well, now I have 2 sacs, the second one is 2 or 3 days behind the other (which is proabably normal).  I am nervous/ excited/ anxious awaiting the beating of these hearts.   Typically, I would tell a patient it could take up to 8 wks to see a heart beat  because that is what I have been trained to say...so we'll see.  I believe the Good Lord has the perfect plan,  I'm just impatient!

My husband and I went to the doc today for an ultrasound and I am 5 to 6 weeks.  They saw a yolk sac but no embryo.  The tech assured us this was normal and we are going back next Tuesday for another ultrasound.  So for all who are worried they said this was normal.  I do understand though that until we see it with our own eyes its still a worry!!!   Good Luck!
I found out i was pregnant a week ago. i think i was about 4weeks. yesterday i woke up with brownish discharge. i thought it was implantation that caused it, i put a pad on and went to work. as the day went on i got really light cramps in the stomach area and decided to check my pad. i noticed there was blood and two clots came out. i went to the er they did an ultra sound and saw nothing in my uterus. They said everything had passed already. they couldn't even tell how far along i was. my friend told me when she was pregnant she bleed heavy and didn't miscarry. she thinks maybe its too soon to see the baby. i have to go take a blood test tomorrow to see if my hcg levels are still rising or decreasing. is there any hope?
    I'm in a similar situation...  Last week I had some sharp left sided cramping, no bleeding though.  I went in for a u/s.  By my dates I was 7w4d.   I even had an u/s to see if I was ovulating pre-pregnancy, they said I had ovulated 4-5 days prior to my 1st u/s (that's when I got pg)...so my dates shoud be pretty close??.  
      The u/s tech/nurse said I measured 5w3d, they saw a gestational sac, a yolk sac, and possibly a fetal pole (it was tiny and no heartbeat yet.)  She said that either I was too early to see anything (which I don't understand because I got a positive preg test on 8/2 this u/s was on 8/28.  Unless I got a + test pretty much the DAY I got pg)  The other option was possible miscarriage or blighted ovum.  
   With my first son I thought I was 7w and the u/s said I was 6w0d, but this one is almost 2 weeks off... has anyone else been this off???  I'm going in today for a follow up u/s and if they don't see anything I'm going to demand beta hCG (my levels had been 419, and then 3215 four days later... they said this was a great increase).
     I'm dying to find out... these posts from others has been the only thing keeping me positive.  Wish me luck!!
Update:  
     Went back for my u/s NOT GOOD.  Everything kinda shriveled up.  The yolk sac and gest sac were weird shaped.  They saw some extra uterine bleeding and they measure this "thing" not sure if it was a baby (it measured 5w5d)  The gest sac measured 6w4d which is what it should have measure from last u/s so thats growing at the right rate.  I heard that the gest sac still grows at the right rate even if you are miscarrying.
     So the ultimate finding was either early miscarriage or blighted ovum.  I go  back on Friday to confirm.  No bleeding, minimal cramping so I'm SO confused.  I hate the though of having to have a D&C, but that looks like where I'm headed.  I'm praying for miracles to see a heart beat at the next u/s (unlikely).  Wish me luck, I would LOVE a healthy baby, or for this just to be done soon.  Waiting is horrible!!
Hi I guess Im there with the rest of you. I did IVF and was supposed to go for my first US today. My hcg levels have been normal and rising. I should have been 6w6d today. When we did the US we saw a fetal sac but no heartbeat. My doctor seemed certain I would miscarry. She suggested I wait another week incase it implanted late or go ahead and start the cytotec (miscarry drug) to abort the pregnancy. She said the chances of seeing a fetus at the next visit were slim. I couldnt make the decision to abort yet. Since Ive had no cramping or bleeding. I go back in a week to recheck. Looks like though Ill be doing this again. Im praying for a miracle.
I am 6 w 6 days today and went for my first sono yesterday.  I have a g sac but no yolk and no embryo.  I have to go back next week and hope that we can see it then.  Please update me on your condition.  I hope that everything turned out okay for you.
-Kimmy
I'm in the same boat, 8 weeks measured 6.4, g sac and yolk sac, no fetal pole/embryo, go back monday to see if it is viable. good luck to you. i will keep everyone posted.
hi.ive had horrible abdominal cramps for over 2 weeks.i went for an internal ultasound at 6wks and they saw a yolk sac but nothing else. i was told it was probably to early to see anything else.ive got to go back in 2wks for another one so im praying everything will be ok.
Hello.
By my LMP i am 8 weeks 3 days. i had brown spotting 3 weeks ago and was referred to the early pregnancy unit. The u/s showed there was just a gestational sac & it measured 4-5 weeks, was told to go back i 2 weeks which was today. The ultrasound showed that the ges sac had grown and a yolk sac was now visible although unable to see a fetalpole or heartbeat.I had a blood test to ignify the hgc level which will need to be tested again in 2 days. I need to go back to have another u/s in one week where hopefully we will see heartbeat!
I went to get a 2nd opinion this afernoon as i am so completely worried. I went to a womens well being clinic where they have really up-to date equipment. Without telling this lady of my history she infomed me that i measure to be nearly 6 weeks. I then went on to tell her what has happened and my LMP was 8 weeks 3 days ago, she said "so" you may have ovulated later and got pregnant very late in the month She seemed positive and agreed that it is encouraging to know that after my 2 weeks wait there had been some progress. Does this sound promising???
I to am in the same shape you guys are in. I have been on fertility drugs for 2y and finally a positive preg test. I had HCG levels drawn and theye were fine. Today was my first U/S for due date and all they saw yas the preg sac. Nothing else. The technician happened to tell me right before the U/S that all the equipment was brand new. My husband and I are devestated. Any suggestions? Thanks Jenn & Grant
Hi every1 i am in the same situation. I thought i was 7 weeks 2morrow (may not b exactly right) but not quite sure now, because of the 2 weeks after ur period and ovulation does this mean i am 5 weeks?
I had a u/s 2day which showed a sac but nothing else and was told 2 go bck in 2 weeks. Im really worried now is this normal?
I am having some of the same things going on. I had a MC last september I was about 2 or 3 weeks. I was not that far a long so I past everything without a DNC. Me and my husband just found out that we are pregnat. I could not rember the exact first day of my last Period. About a week and half ago I went in and they did and U/S on me and saw nothing but the wall of my utrus was very thick. I then had mild cramping and some pink spoting fallowed bye brown discharge. I have had the brown dishcarge for over 2 weeks. We went yesterday for an U/S and they found a sac no baby yet. But the docter and the U/S tech said it could just be to early I have to go back on the 13 of this month. I am still having Discharge everyday. Some days it is light some is heaver. But no bright blood since last Thursday. I am just confused and worried. My docter has not taken any blood to check my pregnacy levels is that nromal?....I am trying to hope for the best I will think of all of you. I just dont think I could handle another MC...Best of wishes and Hugs too all !!!
Hi girls, I know how it feels....I had my m/c back in April and I had the same thing. At 5 weeks, I went for my first u/c, a sac and no baby. At 6 weeks I came back and guess what? Samething....so they said that the baby never formed and that I have to do a d&c.....I was soo depressed....we tried for 3 years!
now I am pregnant again (7 months later!!! with fetility drugs)!!, and I am 5 weeks, having my first u/s next Monday and very concerned because I have no symptoms and because I am scared not to see anything..
Doc says, if you are 6 weeks, you should see something in your sac...
Sorry for this information, but if you are 6 weeks, go back 1-2 weeks later and redo the u/s.....
I was hoping that someone would have a similar story to mine. If so please let me know the end result for you. I went in for my first ultra sound 2.5 weeks ago not knowing how far along I was. They did an ultra sound on me and had me talk to a nurse. The nurse told me with no emotion that this doesn't look good and I should be thinking about a D&C and got come back in a week for another ultrasound.  I didn't know what to think because they had nothing to compare this to and didn't even offer to take my blood to check for hcg levels. I went back the following week and the tech said that they sac had doubled and that there was a yolk sac and that I should feel very encouraged. The nurse didn't even speak to me this time just told the tech to tell me to come back in one week. I went back this week at what the tech thought to be 6.5 weeks and we did not see a baby or a fetal pole, and the nurse gave me the same speach that she gave me the first time about a D&C. I just feel like i should wait and see and I also feel like i'm being pushed for a d&C. I also told her to check my hcg which I did my second drawing today and stil waiting on results. The nurse also tried to say there was no yolk sac and I told her that there was one last time, and she acted as if she didn't even remember that and told me oh well if it's  not going to work out then it can disapear. I'm really stressed out and just don't know what todo. I go for another ultra sound on Monday which was my request. I would already be in surgery right now if it was up to the nurse. Has anyone ever went through this. It's like a horror story and I just want to be 200% sure before doing anything. I also don't understand why she's pushing a D&C I just want to let mother nature take its' course if nothing is going to happen.
Two weeks ago I tested twice with home preg. test, I had my progesterone and hcg levels checked.  They were low because it was so early, a week later checked again the levels had doubled.  Yesterday had a u/s thinking I'm 6 wks.  They found a sac and no fetus or heartbeat.  That just crushed me.  My nurse told me not to worry and sent me to the lab for more blood work and scheduled me for another u/s in 6 days.  She also stated that it may just be too early or I possibly may be carrying twins.  I've been thinking about it all night and praying, trying not to stress.  My fiance is very supportive and strong and he's holding me together.  He thinks it's twins. :>)  This is going to be the longest 6 days in my life. I'm so scared!

Has anyone ever been told that a sac and no embryo could mean twins?
H iguys,
I have the same situation here.Went in for IVF and positive with a pregnancy.Went in for an ultra sound ,saw an yolk sac but no fetal pole! Asked to come back in a weeks time............No bleeding or cramping at all and my levels seem to be fine .He even checked my tubes and nothing there
I had my last period on February 6th so I am supposed to have 7 weeks, I went to the doctor when I had 5 weeks and 3 days, and he told me everything was normal, there was a sac but no embryo at that time, so he told me to come back 10 days later...That is exactly what I did, I went to the doctor yesterday and had an u/s, he told me the pregnancy was totally bad and that I have to have a curettage next week because I did not have a baby. I called my whole life doctor, and he told me not to worry yet, my sac is growing and now it is 21mm x 8.7mm, he said we can´t have a diagnosis until the sac is 3cms, but I am very scared. Please if someone have an idea of what is going on, please let me know...
hi is there any one experience this my last lmp is feb 15 and i had light spoting for 3 days on march 4  then i had heavy bleeding on march 27 i went for check up us doc. said just my period is there any one had this im pretty sure that im pregnant for 6 weeks but us see nothing, pls help im so confused,,, thanks

Hi all

Well what a journey I have been on! Here is my story so far...

Firstly I found out I was pregnany almost 4 week ago. This is my first pregnancy and my husband and I was so happy. I Went to see my GP and she dated me at 4 weeks according to my last period which was 14th Feb .However due to the fact that I have very irregular periods and also that I really thought I got pregnant the first week in March- I thought I was more to be 2 weeks pregnant at this stage.  A week later I started having very light brownish spotting so went to the hospital to get things checked out and they took my blood work, recommended me to the EPU assessment team which they scanned me and could see anything apart from a thickening in the uterus, so she took my blood and told me not to worry.  I got a phone call the following afternoon and she told me that my HCG levels went up (doubled) and this concerned her as she thought the levels were too high considering she could not see anything on the intravaginal scan and thought that it was ectopic . I asked her how this can be possible as I wasn't in any pain and I was only still spotting lightly but she said she did not want to take any chances and so requested that I can back to the EPU unit the next day  to have a key hold surgery done ! To rule out that it was not ectopic.

I went in the next day with my husband and was quite in shock that all of this was happening so quickly. The specialist nurse scanned me again before the procedure and still not could see anything i.e ( yolk sac etc) so after she consulted with the consultant on call and he recommended that I have the key hole surgery done based on my high HCG levels. After they surgery they came and spoke to my husband and I and told us that it went well and it was not ectopic ! and my tubes looked well along with my ovaries. They also found 2 fibroids outside my uterus but told me not too worry too much about this as most pregnancies go on normal with fibroids. They were also concerned at this point that it maybe a threatened miscarrage (miscarriage) and was going to scan me again in 3 days and take more blood to check my HCG leves. Went back in 3 days and the specialist nurse said my levels went up ( from 2,330  to 5,200) however this did not double to the levels they were looking for - she then had a consultant come and scan me due to the complex nature of my case and the fact that I had the 2 fibroids . The consultant scanned me and he said he saw but not very clear what looked like the gestational /yolk sac! He said that due to my levels not doubling the way it should - he wanted me to do another blood test to monitor the situation in a week and take it from there.

I did the blood test in a week and they rang me with the result and said it went up to 15,340 ! The specialist nurse who rang me with the results said that at these levels and given the fact that I was suppose to be 6 weeks at this rate that they should definitely expect to see the embryo. I went in yesterday for the scan at this rate I was so scared and hoping for the best. The scan however showed a gestational and yolk sac with no embryo and measured at  at 5 weeks 2 days (4.4 mm)  ( which is how far I thought I really was according to my date).  However she said they had to base it on the last date of my period so I was actually 7 weeks 2 days and she felt I was having a 'missed miscarrage (miscarriage)' as there was no embryo and the hcg levels were high. She also said it was normal to still feel pregnant and have high hcg levels with a missed miscarrage (miscarriage). I asked her if bearing in my that I think I am actually 5 weeks pregnant if it's possible this is the reason they cannot see the embryo- she said they will take that into consideration but there should be somethere there at this rate and my hcg leves. However due to my case being a complex one with my fibroids she has now refered me to one of the top Gyno consultants and the hospital for him to scan me next tuesday to see if there is any growth or improvement but she said that I should really prepare myself for the worse!  And the consultant will probably order a DNC or give me some drugs to bring on the miscarrage (miscarriage).I was so sad when I came home I was crying all afternoon and now I am actually preparing myself for the worst case next week. However after reading so many post where there seems to be positive outcome due to incorrect dates I am feeling I should wait abit longer if there is still no embryo on tuesday for another 2 weeks which will make it 10 weeks my their dates and 8 weeks by my dates .

Please any advise or similar stories like mine will be appreciated.. Does anyone agree with my in thinking I should wait abit longer if they dont see any embryo next before getting the DNC done ? Or should I just accept what the doctor tell me and move on ?

Will update you next week on what happend on the scan I am really hoping for a miracle and they actually see the baby next week after all i have through so far that will make all of this worth while .....
Story of hope!  I went for my first ultrasound at 7 weeks from my last period.  There was a sac with no fetus or yolk sac.  I was told by my OB that it was a bliated ovum.  He said it did not look good and that I should consider a D&C the next day.  I obviously did not do the D&C because I thought to do a D&C for a miscarriage so early on was a bit much!  The OB then ordered for my hcg levels since i was not going to do a D&C.  I received my levels the next day and they were 4,000.  The OB said they were very low and it did not look good.  Long story short-- I had an ultrasound this morning( one week from my first ultrasound) and i should be 8 weeks from my last period and THERE WAS A HEARTBEAT and a yolk sac!!!  The OB should have known that i could have ovulated late (which I was on a trip earlier this month) and that is why I am showing 6 weeks and 1 day!  HOLD ONTO HOPE IF THE DOCTOR SAYS IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD AND WAIT ONE MORE WEEK!  Thank the heavens above i did not have a D&C last week!!!  Definitely switching OB's!!!!
Thanks so much for your story of hope.

I went for the scan on Tuesday and even though they still could not see the embryo the gestational sac grew ( fromm 4.4 mm to 11.5 mm) they said it now measured at 6 weeks 1 day- so there is still a possibilty they may see it in 2 weeks which will make me 8 weeks by my calculations and 10 weeks by there i.e( the last dat of my period) However they said that with a blighted ovum the sac can also still continue to grow as the body has not clocked onto the fact that the baby is not there anymore & if they dont see anything in 2 weeks it's definitely a blighted ovum and I will need to accept it - which I will do,  as I have been reading you should definitely see the fetus by 8 weeks.

So in two weeks time it will be the moment of truth! I am so scared they wont see the fetus but I am really trying to keep the faith yet still prepare myself for the worse . This is so hard ! But I am hoping it will be all sorted soon one way or the other. Keep fingers cross and I will update you when I know the outcome .....
Hi, I think the best think you can do is try to stay positive but also stay realistic, although the latter being the hardest part as all any of us want is for out babies to be ok.  My doctors will not send anybody for a scan before 12 weeks.  Thats just the way the nhs works here.  They are adament that before 8 weeks you run the risk of not seeing anything, therefore a lot of the time causing unnessary worry.  Through looking at various sites I have come to the conclusion, a lot of people see a heartbeat anything between 6-8 weeks on a scan but cant actually hear it until a later date.  Going by that, a baby should be able to be seen by 8 weeks if they can pick up seeing a heartbeat aswell.  I am going for a private scan as I cant wait for the 12 week nhs one.  I'm going at 8 weeks 1day.  When I rang the private clinic they too gave the same information as my nhs doctor, that although sometimes a baby and heartbeat is detected at 6 weeks, that I should wait for me to be 8 weeks as this will avoid disappointment and worry.  After reading lots of sad stories I am terrified but I know I cant wait the whole 12 weeks for a scan.  I wish you all the luck in the world x

Just an update.

Today I went back for my scan and it was confirmed I lost the baby :( I was not really surprised as over the last week I was experiencing alot of heavy bleeding and really bad pains. I was also passing chunks of clots as well.

So today was just confirmation from the doctor after they scanned me. They said they wont need to do the DNC as my body has already been doing it naturally and I may bleed abit more for the next week or so after which things will go back to normal.

The good news I guess is they said it's nothing wrong with me fertility wise and it's just one of these things that happen in a first pregnancy. They reassured me that I  can start trying again within the next 2 months - to give me time to heal and they will just have me under close watch when I fall pregnant again and hopefully the next pregnancy will not be so complex!

I am actually ok because in way I was expecting it, so it wasn't like a complete shock , it also feels like kind of relief now as well because the waiting has been going on for so long ... and we will  also definitely try again after two months ( I guess that will be the fun part :)

Now I am just actually looking forward to getting pregnant again when the time has passed and pray that all goes well next time .

Thank all of you for your lovely words of encouragment and hopefully next time I am back on the board it will be  a much more positve outcome..

Take care x

Hi, i am over 40 and have been trying to conceive for the several years. I have 3 misscarriges but I have also had 3 normal pregnancies when I was younger. I have had my tubes cut and put back togather. The first month after surgery I conceived and then misscarried at 4 months. The gentics on the fetus were tested and turned out fine, so they really don/t know why it happened.  I have two more misscarriges since then, the last being a missed misscarrige.  I have been on clomide for all 3 attemps of conceiving. Well this is number 4, and my last period was on march 6, i took 3 home pregnancy test just to be sure all 3 days apart.  Went to my ob to confirm.  Cause of my age i am a high risk, so blood work is done more often.  Again my hcg levels are not as high as they should be, according to my last period.  I went for a US and they seen only a sac again, on may 1st. So she wants me to come back this fri to see if maybe i am not as far along as i think. i am not spotting or bleeding or even have any cramping. My breast  were very tender a week ago, still are but they dont hurt as bad as they did last week.   I went for another hcg test on fri, still have not been called for the results.  I am hoping for the best.  Since i am remarried, and my husband now does not have any of his own.  I know that he took on the responsibility of 3 that were not his. But I would like to give him that same feeling that I have for my children now.This site does give me some hope, we will keep trying untill I start metapuase.  I hear of women in there 40 having perfectly healthy babies, so i will keep trying.
Hi all

I stumbled on this website, and it is so great to see the support, and hearing of different experiences. I am 6 weeks 6 days pregnant, and went in for a vaginal scan yesterday, there was a gestational sac however no embryo was present. I didn't expect to hear this, as I have been feeling really positive about this pregnancy. However I am now fearing the worst. I had a miscarriage back in Jan 09 at 5 weeks, and couldn't possibly cope with another. The doctor was quite positive, and said it could be very early, and that I should come back for another scan in 2 weeks. What concerns me is that the doctor did say, they usually can see at least a yolk sac but every pregnancy varies in development. I honestly can't think of anything else but whether everything is going to be OK. I am so worried...Any suggestions or similiar experiences that went on to be positive, I would love to hear from you.
I went for a scan last week at 5 weeks and 6 days - no fetal pole or heartbeat seen.
I went for a scan today at 7 weeks exactly - fetal pole and flickering heartbeat seen! YAY! Don't worry - it's VERY NORMAL.
That is wonderful news Cheyne! Congrats!!! Thanks for the positive message.

The good news for Pixie66 is that I had a healthy baby boy at 40.  Like you, I have remarried and wanted to give my husband a family.  We have been trying since then to have another and even went through gonal-f fertility treatments.  I have had 2 miscarriages and am now pregnant again.  I am now 43 and as terrified as can be.  I am 6.5 weeks pregnant and went for a U/S yesterday that showed only a small gest sac with no fetal pole or heartbeat.  I was told it did not look good, but to come back in a week to rescan.  I am not cramping, spotting or symptomatic in any way.  Is there anyone out there as old as me trying that may have any words of encouragement?  
I have the same situation. I'm 6wks prego and my u/s show just a sac but no yolk or fetal pole. RE said is normal, however my beta levels are also too low for the time (749 only). Any thoughts?
i am 6weeks 4days pregnant 3 days ago had 1 brownish spot then nothing for 2 days woke this morning and have thick blood stained discharge when wiping after going to toilet, rang midwife and she organised blood test rang me back saying level had not gone up a lot so went to see OB he said it had gone from 2000 to 2800 did u/s can see yolk sac and poss. feotal pole have to go back in 3 days for u/s fingers crossed all will be well.

Rachael
Hi ladies,
I'm so happy to have found this site.  Went for my first check up today...I'm supposed to be 6w, however, the u/s showed yolk sack but no embryo.  I felt depressed but had a blood sample done to measure my hcg level, it should come back tomorrow.  This is my first pregnancy and knowing that there have been successful stories out there through this forum really gives me hope.  Even just know there are those going through similar emotional experiences keeps me from feeling alone.  I'm scheduled to go back for my 2nd u/s next week and will keep you updated.  
Im in the same position as many of you and am finding this site very reassuring indeed. This is my first pregnancy and we went for an early scan to determine how far gone i am as according to my LMP im 8 weeks but i have such irregular cycles (anywhere from 4 o 9 weeks) its not easy to tell when i ovulated. I think im more around the 5-6 week stage. Anyhow we went for our first scan and they only found a sac with a yolk -  with the sac measuring 13mm which corresponds to the 5.5-6 week stage. The nurse was very nice and said dont panic come back in 2 weeks and we will see if its grown - but im at my wits end!! its easier said than done not to stress about things! She said the Gestational sac was nice and round which was a good sign - but didnt give me any other poitives. From the info i have read elsewhere i have heard you should see a heartbeat at 5-6 weeks or at least the fetal pole...this 2 week wait is going to be so stressful :0( Seeing your posts on this site had given me hope though so thanks everyone!!
I am also very confused about all of this. This is not my first pregnancy, but the first time I have been extremely stressed out. I had my first visit and ultrasound at 6 weeks and only saw a sac as well. Im not sure if reading too much information on the internet is a good idea for anyone. It seems to scare me more than help me. The only thing that has helped me is the comments from other parents. I think that sometimes our doctors, even though with good intentions, put us off to the point of stressing us out and need to be a little more compassionate. Good luck to all.
hi ladies . im 40 yrs old and found out by surprise i was preg, i have a 16 yr old son and  a 12 yr old son at first i was upset , then my husband and i got excited!!!!  but at 10 wks i started bleeding mostly when i wiped then i went brown and back to red with some clots went to dr and she sent me for an us they did  an internal us and saw a sak but no fetal pole. so needless to say i an disappointed.  i had a dnc today , thank god i feel fine , just empty..... but to my to my own surprise i do want to try again..... did i say try , yes i did!!!!!!!! my belief all is done for  a reason, dont know the reason but there must be one,,,, so even if things dont go the way we want, there is always hope....... and im gonna have HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god bless all.......
This is the best/scariest site EVER! :)  It's somehow reassuring to know that there are other people going through similar situations (does that make me a bad person? Misery loves company or something??), but it makes you wonder if we're all on here only because we're part of the 20% or pregnancies that end badly...
Do the people with "normal" movie pregnancies (you know the ones where she stares at the EPT in disbelief and he faints and then she only gets fat in the belly and continues to work out and look super trendy and then has a Gerber baby 9 mos later) even blog??? This baby-making business is terrifying!!!  

So here's my story... :)
I went to the ER with bleeding at what should be 5wks2days (Wed night 9/23/09).  The very rude and very young sonographer said nothing and showed me nothing. ER Dr said he couldn't see anything on the US and that it's probably a miscarriage but maybe eptopic. HCG levels were 4500. I continued bleeding through the weekend.  Friday 9/25/09, I had more blood work done, HCG levels =10,000. OB/GYN said probably a miscarriage but I should go in on Monday to have more blood drawn. Monday 9/28/09 (6wks) another US shows Gestational Sac and Yolk Sac, but no fetal pole, and no heartbeat. New OB/GYN (same practice) says "Everything looks normal to me, I'd say there's an 80% chance this is going to be a normal pregnancy and that you simply ovulated later than you think." More bloodwork shows HCG levels 21,000... Now we wait... US tomorrow morning.  PLEASE GOD let there be a fetus and a heartbeat!!!!!!

In the meantime I have cried, prayed, begged God, and coveted the round bellies on every pregnant being (cat, dog, human and other) within a 100 miles.  And fought and bickered with my fiance over everything. My nerves are shot and I am seriously terrified about tomorrow's US.  
I lost a pregnancy at 14 weeks last April and I still want to puke just thinking about it.
I'm hoping to hear that someone else went through something like this and is now burping lil Tommy as she reads this...  Please If you were one of the ones who posted a scary story and it's since turned out fine, pray tell... And to Everyone still in this boat good luck and God bless!

I am glad to find the web site and share our experiences.  I got pregnant after 2 cycles of Clomid with assistance of IUI.  Around 5 weeks of pregnancy, my NP told me my sac was much smaller than usual.  Then around 7 weeks, she could not find any yolk sac on the U/S and she announced to prepare a miscarriage.  At 8th week, I met with my OB and NP, and they found a healthy yolk sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat.  Again, they gave me three options: wait and see, take misprotolol to precede a miscarriage and D/C.  It has been the most devastating experience that I have been through.  This Friday, I will have another U/S with my NP, and hopefully we will find fetal pole or heartbeat this time.    
I had the same experience with you.  I just want to be honest dear with that same experiece, no embryo and no heartbeat,,,, it's a blighted ovum.... Same symptoms... bleeding, spotting and pain. I had also undergone 2 transvaginal ultrasound with the same result. The last confirmed it's a blighted ovum and I need to undergone DnC. Am sorry.... I just lost 2 babies.... genetic disorder: chromosomal problem...But i still trust the Lord that He has better plans for me.  Just keep your faith and keep praying.
Yesterday we found a FP and heartbeat!  We were 3 days off on the O date and that made a world of difference.  Just 3 stupid little days and to think the OB tried to tell me to take the miso to induce the mc because of the bleeding.  I thanked God for my inability to follow directions and need to challenge authority... and then...
Today I'm scared to death again because I started spotting and then a thick brown and white discharge????  I understand what you're going through and my thoughts and prayers are with you!!
hi i am 7weeks pregnant,on the 6weeks on the pregnancy my OB told me to get a ultrasound..They didnt see a heartbeat...And i am having a brownish spotting for 15days now..its not really alot of blood but i am scared..I am going to the doctor this coming sat. to have another ultrasound and blood test..I am hoping and praying its not ectopic..I have my first baby at a very young age and no problems at all..I even run,do things a pregnant woman is not supposed to be doing and my first baby was already 9yrs old now..Now that i am living a healthy and non alcoholic drinks life..Thats the time i started having problem like this one..I wanted the baby so badly since we been trying for years now..
When I went for my ultra sound it said i was measuring at 6 weeks so am I atleast 6 weeks. If I had sex Less then 4 weeks prior then they wouldnt be measuring at 6 weeks right
I have found this site to be  very interesting! Like many others my case has been similar.

I went to my OB  for a check up on my ovarian cysts. I told him how I'd been feeling and suggested a pg test which was positive and a u/s. The test positive, he said he saw a sac since  it was too early probably 4-5 weeks. Went back in a week and they saw an abnormal shaped gestational sac or said it could be two. If it is two one was empty (a blighted ovum), he also saw some blood, though I wasn't bleeding vaginally. He told me it was possible to miscarry one or both, or it could be just too early. I also had to go get a RhoGam shot since I'm Rh negative.  I went back a week later and he said look there's one and two heart beats, but they were too little to date. Went back the next week and said they measured 7 weeks, though I was sure it was only 6 weeks. Now I have an appt on Monday the 23rd at Cooper since I have to see a perinatologist for the twins. It will be 2 weeks since my last u/s and hope all is well since my preg. symptoms have been minimal to say the least.
             Just goes to show that early u/s can cause so much worry for a healthy normal pregnancy. Wish everybody luck!!!!
          P.S. through my searches I've found that many women who have a tilted uterus (which is fairly common) may take longer to see their baby on u/s!!!!!!!
I am sure i am 5wks pregnant now and my DR sent me for an ultrasound I think alittle too early! There was a Sac but nothing inside... and Im not having cramps nor bleeding at all!!  I am alittle worried but should I be? I have to go back for an US this tuesday!! so cross your fingers for me!! please!
I have the same problem last week. The doctor thinks that I'm 6 weeks pregnant but she can't see the embryo on the U/S, plus my HCG hormone is going up but still pretty low for 6 wks. I had to take blood test every 48 hours and find out that the doctor miscalculate the date. I don't think you should be worried too much since your period is irregular. My suggestion is try to remember when the last time you had sex and maybe that's the time you've conceived, because that's what happened to me.
app 10 weeks , sack but no fetus is this normal ,but two days ago doctor said he hard a hart beat.
Well...I have been put through the ringer & then some...hope this information helps someone...In October of 2004 my husband & I got pregant naturally & lost the baby at approximately 5-6 weeks...of course totally devastated...we then tried clomid...didn't work...then had to wait the "year" in order to seek out fertility treatment...really..do we have a year to wait when it comes to having children..sorry....side thought...We went to a fertility "specialist"...more will come later...we went through 3 IVF cycles...2 were successful-one was not...the 2 that were successful both ended in miscarriage...both times I started to lightly spot...brown more than anything and of course they all tell you thats normal...well I am a firm believer that its not in all cases...In one pregnancy they saw the gestational sac-never told me anything about the yolk sac...saw the heartbeat at 5 weeks...went back the next week & no heartbeat...we had lost the baby...
Someone up above must have been watching what we had gone through..because our insurance dropped our hospital...which then dropped all my doctors...which could not have been more of a blessing...I had managed to go there for almost 3 years...they never mentioned that my levels were totally off...never thought to do any genetic testing(only my gyne. suggested it...)...and never checked my tubes...so after 5 years... I am now with a new doctor...they checked my "book"...or file...right away the Dr. looked at my levels and said no way...we can't use your eggs...you are going to need to utilize a donor...and they also checked and one of my tubes was fully closed...nice!!!  
So here we are...we had 7 viable embryos...they put 2 in...2 were left for freezing..and I am not 6 weeks pregnant with twins...I went for an ultrasound last Wednesday & they saw 2 gestational sacs...one with a visible yolk sac...but the tech. was not surprised...you can usually see the yolk sac at 6 weeks...which will be tomorrow...we should be able to see a fetal pole beat tomorrow...so we will see...
This time I have had absolutely no spotting-I feel awful-I know this is the real thing...like no other...
If you are questiioning anything your Dr. has said...ask more or seek someone else out...if we had stayed with our other doctor...I would not be able to share this good news with anyone...
We continue to be positively optimistic...after you have gone through 3 miscarriages & are 36...time seems like it slips away so quickly...
Wish us luck...and the best to everyone else...if you have any questions about IVF-I would hope that after 4 years...I could answer your questions...
I need some positive feedback! After an IVF missed miscarriage and going through a second cycle, I have never been more scared. I went for and US today...saw a sac but no fetus at 5 weeks. Does anyone have a similiar experience? Any successful stories. I can't handle another miscarriage...
im 6 weeks pregnant ad had a u/s 2day..doctor said there is only a sac ad no heart beat..ad adviced me to cme after 3 wks..im so scard as tiz is my first pregnancy..
think i am 7 weeks pregnant and had been having brown discharge for three weeks. Was referred to early pregnancy clinic and did an ultrasound today. Showed a good sac and a small fetal pole, no heart beat which I was told would suggest only 5 weeks pregnant. Going for another scan in a week but I am preparing myself for the worst as its likely to be a missed miscarriage. I really hope a miracle happens next week and I see a fetus and a heart beat but I doubt it.
Hello all I found out I was pregnant about four weeks ago, I went to the emergency room because I had constant pain on my left side. I was for sure pregnant (blood test) they put me at 4w3d, but they could not see anything on the ER ultrasound. Went in the very next day to an actual US tech and they called me with the results: there was a small fluid filled sac in my uterus and a hemorrhagic cyst on my left ovary, all of these things could be normal but the doctor also told me that they could not rule out ectopic pregnancy until they saw something more in my uterus. I went in almost every other day the following week to check my HCG and more ultrasounds. My HCG continued to more then double every 48 hours and the sac in my uterus was getting bigger. My last ultrasound was at about 5 weeks and 6 days, they saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole or embryo. I looked at the sonogram and the sac looked huge compared to a week ago.  My doctor is staying positive, assuring me that this is what is seen at this point of pregnancy. That it could just be too early to see a embryo. She never once mentioned a blighted ovum which is my biggest fear. I have been carrying on with my life as normal. I have had morning sickness and nausea which are all great signs. I go in for my first prenatal appointment and another US in a week (I will be around 9 weeks pregnant). If they don't see anything by then we can expect no baby. Hoping for the best. will keep you all updated
has anyone experienced 12 weeks and still there is no fetus. my wife is having twins but after the ultrasound all they could find was the embryo sac only and no fetus yet. she had several bleeding but stopped just yesterday the problem again is this morning she had a huge amount of bleeding..... need advise form anyone thank you.
Hi Guys,

I am 21 and am supposed to be 6w2d pregnant according to my Last Menstral Period.
I went to the u/s today and he said he would put my date at 3 or 4 weeks as the sac is quite small at present.
Has anyone else experienced this? I am scared that this might become a miscarriage due to the fact that the date was pushed so far back but I have had no bleeding or cramping to this date?
My last LMP was 08feb10 and had only 1 night where hubby and I blew off the bc on the 27th of feb...I am really irregular.....positive test on the 18th of mar..dr appt on the 22-just talk and bloodwork...first u/s on the 26th showed just a sac-didn't even say if it was gest or yolk...didn't give me a size or date...looked at blood test from the 22nd and said it was probably too early but could be ok..said sac looked "reactive" and said she would see us in 2 weeks...dr called the 2nd of apr to have more bloodwork done...I have appt on monday, and am freaking! No spotting or cramping but no morning sickness either just lightheaded..I had 2 early m/c and 4 healthy,beautiful children so this is all new for me....what worries me most is that I had hyperemisis gravidarum on first 3 boys and only for 3 months with the girl....Add to the fact I am almost 42.....yikes!!!! This site is hopeful and scary....
Hi Dave, Hi moms:

First of all, thanks for sharing your stories. They are very helpful and some are encouraging and hopeful. I've visited a OB/GYN today for the first time. According to my notes I should be 11 weeks pregnant (very close to your wife terms Dave). The doctor hasn't heard any heartbeat or seen any signs of embryo in my uterus.I have not had an US yet and they took my blood for HCH levels. My doctor looked concerned but did not discourage me and told that I should stop worrying and wait. I have not felt like something is going on wrong. I have some light brown spotting time to time, but nothing other than that. Based on most of comments I feel like all of us should prey, hope, and wait. And if God wants the miracle happens it will. My husband and I cannot afford lots of sonograms because of our current insurance and financial situation. And at that point I feel I even do not want more of them. I just give everything to the God's hands. He knows how many years my husband and I have been waiting and praying for this baby.

Blessing to all of you,

Zhanna
hi i have just found this site after reading up on what happend to me, i went for a scan at 4+3 because of shooting pains and it has been rulled out its not eoptopic, but then i went back for a scan as they could not see the yolk, i had a scan yesterday at 6+3 and the tolk and sac are there but no embryo, the lady doing the scan insisted that i am a pending MC and did i want an OP as she so nicely put it, i dont want to do that in case its just too early she just gave me a sheet about what to do ie use sanitry towls and come back after to check its all gone ok.. she was not the most charming of people i can tell you..has anyone ever had this before i have convinced myself that i am going to MC now i have not had any bleeding as all just a few period pain like cramps but nothing bad.. i have now decided not to even take it weasy going to do whatever any advice be great please

I, too, am going through what the doctors consider a non-embryonic pregnancy. I've had 4 ultrasounds done, and going by my period dates, I should be 9 weeks along. They've seen a sac, but no developing fetus. This can be an incredibly scary thing, and sad as it is, this type of complication is fairly common, occurring in one out of every twenty-five pregnancies. Unfortunately, these pregnancies USUALLY end up in miscarriage. Not saying this could be the outcome for you, and I certainly don't want to scare you. 6 weeks is still early, and your baby just may not be big enough for a scan to detect. My doctor has given me a 10% chance on carrying to term. No one really knows why this occurs, but it usually has something to do with an abnormality, just like a regular miscarriage. It's your body's way of weeding out a fetus that would not have developed into a healthy baby. Don't lose hope, though. Even in the worse case scenario, and I truly hope that isn't the same for you as it is for me, you'll most likely be able to go on to have children eventually. I've had 3 previous kids, all healthy, normal. This incident is the first time I've had to endure a really serious complication, but I'm fortunate to know it has no bearing on my reproductive abilities in the future. Best of luck to you!
hi.
thanks to all those sharing your stories.
im 21 and just discovered im pregnant last week according to LMP  i should be 6 weeks although i have PCOS and my cycle changes every month. i went for an ultrasound yesterday and the could only see gestational sac measuring 9mm and yolk sac. ive some comfort reading a lot of your stories but im still petrified. this baby is wanted more than anyhting as i was told probabaly couldn't have a baby without treatment. not sure if its a god thing they couldnt see embryo or heartbeat as its early or as in a lot of your cases im going to lose my baby. doctor wasnt assuring but wasnt worrying me either. do anyy of you think im going to be ok. really worried and dont know what to think. going next friday for my next U/S but got a whole week to wait. any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks kerry
i had a spotting before i knew that i was pregnant.then after 3 days we consult an Ob.i,then she gave me a request for U/s then it said that only gestational sac , no fetal pole and yolk sac found..is it normal or should i be worried? i've heard a lot of things saying that its normal,but my Ob said that after 2 weeks i will have another U/s to see an improvement in my pregnancy.she discussed about Blithed Ovum and after searching that on the net,i was shocked and afraid,,i hoping that i did not miscarried my first baby. and she requested me to have a VDRL lab test,i think this test is needed for those with std's? or is it normal for pregnant womwn to take lots of lab exams like mine? pls help..thanks!!
Hello! thanks everyone for your support. By my lmp I am 8w1d. I went in for an ultrasound last week and the dr. said I was off on my dates and that I was 5 weeks with a sac, yolk, but no embryo. This was my first period since I gave birth to my 10 month son so I thought I could maybe be off on my dates. I went in yesterday for a follow up ultrasound. They were not sure if they saw a fetal pole and no heart beat. There was growth but it was minimal. They did not do blood work and recommended a D&C. I have had no bleeding and feel like today I have slight cramping( I don't know if it is just in my head). Does anyone have a similar story or a recommendation?
im so confused... feel like im on a rollarcoaster... can anyone give me some hope? on tuesday i was at work and felt a gush so went to toilets and i was soaked in bright red blood, went to hospital a doctor did a scan and said he couldnt see anything apart from bleeding ad clotting in the womb, he also said i have a tilted uturus and thiroid :-/ and thought id misscarried... i was sooooo upset... they kept me in over night and next morning did scan again with the consultant present she said she could see sac that didnt seem quite right but no yolk sac or fetal pole... and lots of bleeding in and around it... she thought id lost the baby, later a nurse came and asked why i was laid on bed crying when it wasnt all bad news?! i said because i had been told my pregnancy wasnt viable!!! nurse said thats not was she was told and that i only had threatened miscarrage (miscarriage)!!! feeling better after hearing this i went home (after spending 1 night in hospital) but had open access to ward, within a hour of returning home i started crampng and bleeding again (no clots) rang ward and a very rude nurse said i wasnt to come back up they were full already and to wait till next day, went up to hospital next day for hcg bloods... went home and later rang in for results and in about a day and a half they had gone up from 6000 to 10500 which doc on that day thought was good increase, so went back today saw yet another nurse on different ward who did scan she said pregnancy didnt look normal to her as she couldnt see anything but a sac and my hcg level had appartly not gone up as much as they'd have liked despite doc yest saying they had? I felt uttely confused so asked to see a doc who could explain what was going on... doc arrives over 2 hours later and tells me its not good news ect ect but asked to rescan just to make sure nothing been missed...she found a yolk sac!!! so guess nurse missed it as it surely cant just appear in 2 hours? doc also measured the sac and it measured 6 weeks (which is correct for my dates) but couldnt see a fetal pole which was a concern to her :-/ so she said not to get my hopes up and come back in 1 week.... im sooooooooo confused!!! has anyone been in this situation and had a baby at end of it??? pls pls pls help with dvice im goin out my mind with worry :-(
Hi i found out i was pregnant 2 weeks ago. i went in for a internal scan because i did not know my dates at all! thet founda sac but no fetas. i am very worried. they did my blood levels and it was 53000 it was 12000 one week earlier. i have a scan in 1 weeks time... so worrried... does any one know anything?
Hi, im 6 weeks pregnant, i went into A and E last week becuz of lower back pain which was on and off, also a dull ache around the abdomen.  I was kept in incase it was ectopic, they did and internal examination and said the cervix was slighlt open, however, the hcg was on 525 and has only dropped alittle to 512 in 48 hours, therefore, i was sent in for a ultrasound scan this morning,....here i was told that the yolk sac is present but couldnt see anything in it as it looks as though im either less than 6 weeks pregnant....its been nearly a week and still cant identify if its a miscarriage or not.....im dying here, please help! has anyone been through similar events?? i go back next week for 2nd scan.
Hi ,

i am 8 weeks pregnant.i initialy i spotted for few days and doc immediately asked me to go for a US,where nothing could be visible as doc told its too early.again asked me to do the test after 7weeks.after 7 weeks when i did the USG nothing concrete came out.the yolk was fiantly visible ,however the embroy is not to be seen yet.
again i have to the test after 9weeks.
can somebody adivse whether its normal or not ?
However my spoitting has stopped and m not bleeding at all since begining.
I'm going through the same situation right now, and have been so stressed out. This is my first pregnancy, and had no idea that this happens... These response have all helped so much!! It's nice to know there is hope because it felt as if this were the end the way the doctor explained it to me.
i also am i going thru the same thing by my last period i should be nearly 8 weeks i started spotting 2 weeks ago not alot and it was brownish no blood or anything, it only lasted 2 days. i went for scan last saturday and it showed a sac but nothing in it. had my bloods checked and they had gone up by 59% they scaned me again yesterday and still only the sac but it had grown, phoned this morning for results and it had gone up but not that much they are now 3142 they wont to scan me again next monday to see whats going on then take it from there
Hi, I did an IUI cycle on 12/30. On Jan 13th the test was positive but my hcg number was 39.4. Three days later it was 53.9. Three days later it was 113 and 5 days after that it went up to 686. The last one seemed positive as it more then doubled twice in the 5 day span. Today i went for my first ultrasound. They said i am 5 weeks and 6 days along. They said the sac looked about 4 weeks and 6 days. They saw the sac implanted but no yolk or fetal pole. They have scheduled another ultrasound on tuesday, feb 1st. I called my doctor's office and they said to have them do the blood work again. I feel fine. Tired. Breasts are tender, gassy and gas pains. Sometime i feel like something is stretching which i guess can qualify as cramps but it is not really painful and not that noticeable. At this point it feels more like gas pains. I am not spotting. I am trying hard not to worry about anything yet but it is so hard right now . I just got to work today and its all i can think about.
Thank you for your stories. It has given me a more positive outlook then i had earlier.

i went in today and i had a transvaginal ultrasound the doc said he could not see the baby but did show me the sac and it was fine he said he saw a small cyst on my left ovary but not to worry  , and now i am schedule for another ultrasound on friday march 25 it is upsetting since i am not spotting or cramping i am 38 years old everyone tells me it will be fine but it is upetting when you are told  they can not see the baby , i feel fine other than morning sickness and soemtime a mild headache but he worried me with this he said if any spotting i should come in ...and now all i do is cry ..
I was told i was defiantly  pregnant by my local gp after a blood test, according to my menstruation cycle (first day of last period was 6th of febuary  2011) i am 6 - 7 weeks.....
yesterday i bled a little and got quite frightened and called my obgyn and gp and they booked my for an ultrasound the next day to check to see if everything is ok.
I went to the appointment and they did a pelvic ultrasound and didnt see anything, so they got the vaginal ultrasound ready to double check... once again they did not see anything so ofcourse i am extremly worried.
The ultrasound person and the doctor said that it might be too early to see anything or that there could be a chance that i had a miscarriage or even a medical pregnancy....

I have all the symptoms of pregnancy.... nausea, sore breasts, headaches, back aches, restlessness at night, and fatigue during the day.

They sent me for another blood test to check my hormone levels and in about a week i am going to do another home pregnancy test for my self assurance   ... i am praying that everything is ok and that it is just too early to see anything at this time. So yeah today was a hard day...

i hope everyone is successful in their pregnancies.
from Jessy
I am in the same boat and it feels so nice to have support here.  I am (I think)  weeks today. I went for my first ultrasound, expecting to see the embryo and a heart beat. The Dr only saw the sac, but said it was empty. My HCG came back at 14,290 and my progesterone is 19. My Doctors said those numbers are great. I have to go back in a week and see if there the embryo/HB shows up on the ultrasound. He said if there is no embryo/HB next week he wants me to do a D&C.... any comments, thoughts, advice, would be SO appreciate. This is driving me crazy and this week is going to be hell waiting....
ok update,
got a call back from doc.... my hcg level is 129 and i am definitely pregnant. I have to go back next week and get another blood test done to see if my levels increase or decrease....
on a sad note i started bleeding again so lets hope that it is nothing bad. I have been monitoring the amount and stuff and it is when i wipe... its not really going to the pad unless i dont check for a long time (like over night if im sleeping). It is not Red Red it is more of a light red/pinkish colour...... I am quite worried now. I am not sure if I am cramping or if i am just worrying myself so my stomach is in knots.... so lets hope it is not a SAB. My husband told me if i feel worse that he will take me to the ER tonight.  This would be my first pregnancy and I really want to be a mum.
I will keep this group posted on further info... might be helpful to someone in the future... this group sure has helped me.

Jessy

xxx prayers are with you all
update...
i was told i misscarried, we will try again in 2 months...
i am so sad :(
I am pregnant and was having back pain and a pain in my side so went to the ER. Got a sono and only had a g sac- it was empty. At this point I should have been 9 week's.
They told me to prepare for a miscarriage but nothing has happened.
Went to the doc a week later had another sono and nothing but a g sac still.. should have been 10 week's.
Doctor told me to wait 2 week's and to get another sono.. showed nothing but empty sac at 12 week's.
Went back in 3 week's later for another sono and finally saw yolk sac and fetal pole with flickering- -couldnt pick up a heart beat on doppler but doc think's that's what it is..Now at this point I am 15 weeks...
He think's I will miscarry soon but I go back in 2 week interval's for sono's to keep an eye on it.

I hope that my baby is just hiding since my uterus is very tilted.. I go back on May 10th for my sono.. I will try to update.
I forgot to put in here that on my last sono my fetal measured only 8 week's.
I am told that I am 6 weeks pregnant with hcg level a little above 3000 ultrasound today showed gestastional sac but no baby going back in one week for another ultrasound but was told chances are small.Very upsetting and trying to figure out if there is still a chance this will all work out hoping and praying.My hcg levels are going up but not doubling when I first found out it was 66 a week later 549 and a week after that 3000.So confused and feel so helpless!!
HI GOT MY SCAN WED NO HEART BEAT DIED AT 7 WEEKS ,I THOUGHT I WAS AROUND 10 WEEKS NEVER BLEED OR GOT ANY PAIN STILL GOT BABY INSIDE ME,THEY SAID I WILL LOSS IT ,BUT DONE A PREGNANCY TEST STILL,SAY IM PREGNANT STILL SICK IN MORNINGS CAN ANY ONE HELP .
Hello ladies.  
Listen to what your body is telling you.  I had some cramping, started mild first, and a pain on the side of my leg (joint) ligaments with pelvic area. Then started spotting first very lightly only when I wiped, then the cramping got worse.. the doctor kept telling me that unless I wet a pad an hour then it would be cause for concern.  Well it turned out I ended up miscarrying. Please do listen to your bodies. As bad as the experience is, the body has a way of riding itself of a "non-viable embryo".  Hang in there..
For me this is comforting to know that I am not alone.  I had a bit of bright red bleeding (only once). I thought I should still get it checked out. They could see a sac and yolk but not fetus and that it measured 6 weeks when I'm supposed to be 7weeks and 5 days. I go back in a week for anothe u/s which feels like forever. They didn't take my bloods and told me that the scan was inconclusive at this point. My husband is being supportive and i'm hoping for the best but I feel so stressed and worried but grateful that I can read other peoples stories and know that I am not the only one in this terrible situation.
This being my first pregnancy, when i started to bleed and have cramps I went into the ER. They did two u/s and could see a g-sac but no yolk sac. they are guessing i am about 6 -7 weeks now (cause i had and still have no idea how far along) and i just felt more confused about everything they told me...they really did'nt even explain my hcg levels to me, even though they took blood. I felt like they freaked me out more than n e thing...i go to an OB on tue may31 to get more blood work for more hcg results then another appt. next friday. Reading some of all of your stories makes me less freaked out and more hopeful. Im just hoping for the best as i will with you all as well. Good luck to everyone and wish me luck too :)
Well i found out i was pregnant about 3weeks ago i went to the docs on june1st they did an u/s and said i was 5weeks and 3days. Well yesterday morning i woke up with light red blood in my panties so i called the doc and they had me come in today they took another u/s, and today i am 6weeks and 5days, well the doc said that the sack is getting bigger but there's no embryo to be seen. This really worries me because im only 18 and no nothing about pregnancies so i didn't know i was able to hear the heartbeat so i dint ask and thy didn't look. Im trying not to worry but should i be?
Hello all,
I am 9 weeks. Finally got pregnant after 2 years of trying by means of IUI. I started bleeding last week...Went in for US and there was a fetal pole but no heart beat. I was 8 weeks but only measured 6 weeks 3 days.... Dr thinks I may need a D & C.... Going back tomorrow morning for another US. I don't know what to do... I did bleed but no pain...I feel like I am giving up if I have a D & C could my baby just be taking a longer time or the US tech is wrong. I don't know if I would be making the right decision with a D&C... I will post back tomorrow.... Please help with your opinion...
Update:
Went back today still no heart beat. But the baby grew a week in only 5 days.... I don't know what to do. Dr. wants me to think about having a D&C... is there any way this baby can still make it. I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and still no heart beat.... Should I do it???
PLEASE HELP
Update: Went back for US number 3. Still no heart beat, egg sack collapsed, and my uterus was not in a circle anymore. Having a D & C Thursday. My biggest piece of advice is do not make any decision unless you are completely ok with your decision. It is an awful thing to happen and you do not ever want to look back and question your decision. Good Luck to all
Im so loving dis site & forum.I have a similar problem.i will be 8wks pred in 2dys.However i went for an ultra sound @ 7wks & d doc told me it lookd lyk a 6wk old foetus & theres no heartbeat.they askd dat i come bck in 2wks to knw my fate.Im a bit worried cos i took an anti-fungal drug wen i didn't knw i had taken in.Could dat be d cause of my problm?.Although i hv no crampin,no bleeding jst d usual weakness.
i went for scan on thursday 20th october 2011 but saw the sac but no heart beat or yolk sac now i am worried as might lose the baby or could it be that my dates r wrong ? got to go back next thursday but had no blood or pains wish i knew what was going on
but scan women said i got flutter in there but she didnt sound so sure about the pregancy going on but i have but weight on alot .
I went for my ultra sound scan today as 12 wks. Unfortunately it wasn't good news, my baby is the size of a 6 wk baby! There is no mix up with dates etc... I've not miscarried, just had the odd brown discharge which is meant to be normal. Everything seemed to be fine and was matching to the book. Feel very sad, confused and angry. I've been given another scan in a weeks time to see if any growth, if so, I still know it's bad news. Has anyone else experience this?!  
I visited the doctor 10-24-11 and was tld I should be 7 weeks according to my last week visit. Last week I attended by myself and my doctor stated that she seen a flutter in which appeared to be  heartbeat. This week she sees no fetakpole nor heartbeat and stated that there should at least be a baby seen at this point. I have experienced no bleeding. She stated that she wanted to see me back in 2wks and if there is not a pregnancy she will have to request for a DNC. My faith is not in the doctor but definitely God. Glad I saw your post and found this site.
Hello all, thanks for being here. I must confess, when I found out I was pregnant I was not excited at the prospect, as we have 4 kids and my youngest is 4. We thought we were finished. I had time to adjust and now have been very excited. Today I went to the doc and she  saw a sac and no baby. I should be 8 wks unless I had a late ovulation which, for me, would be odd. I am always right on with dates. Tomorrow I am going to the actual hospital to have an ultrasound, but why couldn't she see it on her equipment? How much better would the hospital be/ She said it appears that there is some debris in the bottom of my sac. Any opinions or knowledge on this one? I think she didn't feel like crushing my hopes. I would rather know right now tonight.
Great to see your post the hospital says I am 6 weeks 4 days I am not sure but they could not detect a heartbeat am scheduled to go back in ten days please got the sac and embryo was there but no heart beat
i am going through what you did i have a 2 week wait i am so scared i just hope it turns out good when i go back i have started getting morning sickness so i am hoping this is a good thing xx
oh my...i'm in same exact boat as you. it's nerve wracking trying to wait for the next u/s. especially because we did invitro and have 2 in there right now. next u/s this thursday. im so scared.
hii,i am happy to c many details which are similar to my problem. i have had ectopic surgery in july 18th 2011, and my left tube got ruptured and it had to be operated and left tube was removed. now after three months i am feeling v strange as last 2 months periods were quite regular and my last periods date was 23rd sep 2011. and in oct till date 2nd nov,2011 i have no periods, i did 4 home pregnancy strip test all went negative, dr asked for BETA H.C.G which is also v strange as i was told if its greater than 5 then it is positiove and my result is written in report 1. dr asked again do a test after few days. and still i have no periods its 11 days late. last week when i was expecting periods it started yellow brown discharge for 3 days but in a very light quantity as i had no nee dto wear underwear even. could anybody help me and to sort out my problem whetehr i m pregnant or its just late periods as i have had sex with my husband on 13th and 16th oct 2011. waiting.thanx and good luck to all of u.
I'm new to this site and this is my first post.I am so glad this site exists.I have read a lot here and my heart goes out to all !!
I will start from the beginning so it gives you an insight to where I am coming from. I am 41 years old, have 2 beautiful boys 8 and 9 years old. i have been taking Blackmores pregnancy and Breastfeeding tablets since 1st june 2011. My periods used to be right on time month to month until I had a laporoscopy(?) end of April to remove any endometriosis I had left.Since then they have been coming earlier and earlier. My last period was 11th september 2011. i had a blood test 17th October 2011 and confirmed that i was pregnant, my hcg levels was 447. I was over the moon !!. Then last saturday (29th) I started to bleed, like streaky red blood only when I wiped, then it changed to brownish colour. I had another blood test on the saturday, and gor the results and the hcg levels were 2100..i was happy. As the brownish colour was still there when I wiped I went back to the doctor today.today was a long day..I went for a ultrasound ended up having a transvaginal (YUK!) scan, they only found a weird shape to be the sac but nothing else, no foetus no heartbeat..I was devastated.they also saw on the monitor that just under the sac theres was this weird looking shape,the technician said that was the bleeding i am experiencing.But my bleeding isnt red just brown and only when i wipe.she didnt give me much info. I really wasnt Happy.So on the way home I went past my surgery and they gave me another blood test to show my hcg levels, I get the results tmo. im stressed and of course like ALL you ladies out there know when you stres in early pregnancy it feels like cramping and then you stress more. am I crazy for wanting another baby at my age ?? My doctor says the risks are so much higher as when I fell pregnant with my 1st ,I was 32 years old. The technician also said that cramping off and on and slight bleeding at my age also could mean that there possibly could be a neuro defect. Im so scared. Is there anyone out there that could help me please.
I am so sorry for my looong post.
Thankyou so much for listening to me.
I am pregnat just find out last week and went today for sonogram and they told me that they couldn't see a embryo only the sac and that it was 6 week 6. Days I am so worry idk what to do cuz I really want this bby I just starting a new life and the bby is a gift for us so tje schedule me to go In two weeks I hope they can see the bb cuz I am nt even spotting fluids or blood
Today I went in for an ultrasound because I just took a home pt saturday 11/5 and was having brown diahcarge and then the next day some blood so I went in.for am ultraspund, and I believe I would be 5 to 7 weeks . During the ultrasound there was a.sack but no baby so they ordere blood tests for that day and 48 hours later and left me with three things. A. I had two false positives B. i had a very early miscariage or C. Its Just too.early to tell.. Im really freaking out... Any suggestions on how to get thru the stress before monday the 13th
well i dont know if someone knows about my situation i got a positve pregancy test at home wen to the doctor got positive im 6 weeks 5 days on tuesday i was starting to get a mild cramp and dint worrie bout it then later it got worse and blood i went to the doctor and they said i was probaly miscarrieging and well i got really upset later i got another blood test done and went low to 2800 to 81 i havent droped my baby on saturday i got a really bad cramp and i had a panty liner followed by 5 days but no blood just pinkish brownish they did a pelvic exam and ultrasound no baby just the sac they did a vaginal ultrasound no babyim very scared and just hope my baby is still im my tummy i have no bleeding right now just brown spotting and i havent dropped my baby is this normal???
This is exactly what happened to me 12 years ago. A missed miscarriage.   My husband and I both said, "What if they're wrong."  The dr. agreed to wait one week and see if nature would take it's course.  After a coupl of days I prayed, "God if this baby is really gone I need you to take it."  That night at 3:00am I began the contraction spells and lost the baby.  I thought everything was expelled and had no further ultrasound or hCG tests done.  5 days later I began to bleed very heavily, started hemorraging and needed an emergency D&C.  Had 2 more children after that.  My youngest is 5 and I'm 45.  Am going through the same thing now.  I thought I'd be about 6-7 weeks and had severe cramping and heavy bleeding last Thurs.  Thought for sure I lost the baby.  Went for hCG test to make sure the numbers were going to go down, but they went up 300.  Was sent for an ultrasound.  Could see the gestational and yok sak but no baby.  The dr is still considering it a viable pregnancy and started me on progesterone.  Will go back next Monday for another ultrasound.  Hard to believe how fast the past 20 years have gone looking at my oldest, but now feeling like time is taking for ever!!!  
soo meaninqq i kann still nee preqo???
I'm 7 weeks pregnant and had mild spotting yesterday followed by some bleeding.  I went the Dr's and had an ultrasound.  Seems as though the fetus has not grown since 5 weeks.  Is this normal?  I'm also 37 years old.  Maybe this plays a part. I've prepared myself for the worst. Has anyone experienced similar?
I am supposed be 7+3,when I went for my us on nov 18th. But g sac only measured at 6+2. Dr is 99.9%certain that it will be MC. I am very very sad. I am 45 and based on the dr is most likely my age. But I am not giving up hope yet going for another US in a week's. Wish me luck.
Somany stories that ended good :)  i hope i am one of those people who could tell a successful story and i mean i am only 18 years old and all but i was very excited about being a mother until today... i felt like my whole world had fallen appart and now i am just here sitting infront of my computer thinking long and hard of what my next U/S will show... today i went to the clinic to get my very first U/S and i was soo excited to finally see the little thing inside me... but i didnt see anything, they said they couldnt see a FP and i was like... this is not going to be good, and the lady nurse just told me that it could only just be a sack and that there was nothing i could do about it... she completely distroyed me... i walked home practicly crying.. i got home and i just cried and cried and just kept crying.. i couldnt stop... nothing has hurt me the most then know that i am empty inside... my mom got home and was excited to ask how everything went and i just went to bed told her and strted to cry like a little girl... she held me and i just cried my sorrow away.. she told me that some things are just not ment to be.... i always thought that i was 8 weeks along but they said that by the size of my sac, that i was 6 weeks and that it was probably to early to be able to see a fetus.. i wasnt to think and know that its all going to be ok and that i got pregnant after the date that accually did.. i dont know what to do, i have another U/S on the 30th of this month and i wont even have a good thanksgiving all thanks too this... please i need to hear from people that have had the very same situation that i am going through.
i have read so many stories, that keep me strong to be honest, just reading from this site is great and makes me not give up hope and think that there will be a little something in my sac next week that i go in for my 2nd U/S.
My OB has determined that I am 9 weeks along gonig by the first day of my last period. She sent me for my first ultrasound at 7 weeks (making fetal development 5 weeks, right?) They identified an empty sac. I was sent for my second ultrasound today (which should be approx. 7wks fetal development, right?) Again they identified only an empty sac. The technition left the room to get the Doctor, then returned without the Doctor and said that my OB would follow up with me at the next visit. Both visits they did an internal and external ultrasound. I am on pins and needles. Any thoughts?
okay......... I waited a couple of days due to the fact of a etopic last year LMP was on the 17 of Oct... Feeling something was going(tender breast) and feeling sick and very tired  I did two test on the 19 of November and they were postive.....Did not want to get ahead of myself I wanted to wait to go to the Dr....But of course I made the appointment.. Labs were taken HGC level was up and frist t/v ultrasound was done... Nothing showed.........Two days before Thanksgiving Day...:( The Dr said come back in two days second t/v ultasound done and Sac was seen. Yay!!!! We had and app.for the next week on the 1st of Dec.  to see Fetalpole and heartbeat and nothing showed....:( Waiting and feeling so bad.........Next appt. will be on the 8 of Dec.........Praying all is well!!!!
It is so helpful to read so many stories about the situation I am going through right now. I took a pg test on 11/26/2011 and it came back positive and on 12/1/2011 I took another pg test and it was also positive. So getting two false postitives were not anywhere close to my mind I went to two free pregnancy clinics to recieve two more urine pg test and those to were positive. So I was scheduled to come back yesterday for my ultra sound and the ultra sound tech told me I was possibly having a ectopic pregnancy. Scared out of my mind I went to the ER and was given a urine test and blood test to test my hcg levels and the hormone was present in my blood but not high so they did a ultra sound. The tech said he saw an empty sac and no fetus being grown so either I am to early or I missed miscarried. At this point I am horrified and nervous to go back tomorrow to test and see if my hcg level has gone up since yesterday. i am leaving it in God's hands but praying and hoping that the baby will start to grow and I will have a bless pregnancy.
I am in the same boat. Went for sonogram yesterday. I supposed to be 5 weeks 6 days pregnant, but u/s shows sac size 2 weeks and no heartbeat. Reading all your stories gives me hope. My husband is very supportive. We were trying to get pregnant for 1,5 years. I have to be optimistic. Will go for another u/s in 10 days
Omg im so happy i found this site i am going through the exact same thing as you i went in for my first u/s thinking i was 8 weeks turns out i was only five and now after going for a second ultrasound and still not seeing a heartbeat or baby at 6 weeks i freaked out and i too had light spotting and it got darker but its due to a bladder infection which made me freak out more. now im dreading my 3rd u/s at 7 weeks and im getting nervous doctor says its normal to not be able to see h/b for some women until later on in pregnancy but im staying possitive and im really trying not to read every horrible story of misscariage on here. and also did they do a blood draw they did like 4 with me and said my HCG levels were going up but not as much as they's like so that makes it worse all i can do is sit and wait and hope for the best.
Hi!!  I'm 6 weeks+ 2 and doctor didn't see sac or baby....  is it early??  Im worried
Hello, I had the same thing last night when I went to the doctor and he said that there is only the sac and nothing to be seen yet. After my calculations I am in the 6th week, had a bit of a brown discharge and it hurts a bit like before having the period, but they say this is normal. I am due to go back on the 29th of this months, so 2 weeks to wait. The doctor told me to take progesteron and folic acid and that we have to wait and see. I'm glad to see all your comments as it got my spirits up and hoping to get some good news oin 13 days :).

Good luck to you all and thanks for sharing!
Hi,my egg tansfer date 19th
feb.my.1st beta hcg chekup
was done in 5/3/2012 and
reading was 249,and second
beta hcg chekup date was
done on 16/3/2012 the
reading was 1060.but my
doctor says yr reading is
less.while doctor is seeing to
sac but she says to me that it
is not clearly visible on
19/3/2012 and she says it
may be grow or not in
futre.what i am suppose to
do now?kindly clear me
weither i will be pregnant or
not?
Pls how did solve your problem. I should be 6weeks and 5days . I bleeded for 3days and now am spoting but my blood test kept saying positive and am  having all the symptoms but had three scan already and it showed nothing. My doctor said the scan show some liquid stuff outside my womb which he said could be pelvic infection  but he didnt sound so sure to me, he then suggesting for D and C , and the though of that scares me . Been soooo worried. Please help, my Handsome and I want this baby sooooo much.
Dovej, Am 30
Hi!
I am 47 yrs and trying to have a baby. My LMP is 28/2 and then had pregnancy test (urine) with result Weakly positive on 29/3. Doctor told to have USG on 1/4 but I got fever and had to go to doctor again on 31/3 when she ordered a USG. Trans USG had the following report: An anechoic lesion measuring 4.3 mm simulating G sac noted in uterine cavity corresponding to <5 weeks with poor trophoblastic reaction. No yolk sac/fetal pole seen at present. What does it mean. I am confused. There was no pain in stomach except fever & cramps in leg with headache which also disappeared in three days. Meanwhile urine infection was detected and I had full course medicine for same. There is no other challange except mild colorless or yellowish discharge in few days..Can any one explain it for me whether everything is fine. Today is 6 week and doctor has told for a USG in 8 week.
I went today for an ER U.S. They did a pelvic window ultrasound as well. They informed me that they could see the yolk sac which was a good sign, but yet it was still too early to see the fetus. I had a miscarriage 3/27/2012, and never had a menstrual cycle after the miscarriage before this pregnancy. Everyone said it was too soon. My hormone levels were back to normal, I was no longer pregnant on 03/15/2012, little did I know I was. I got pregnant 3/14/2012, I am now 6w1d. My Beta-HCG test came back with good results. My hormone levels are 21,200. They said this is good, the normal range for 6wks is 4,000-100,000 (wow what a range). At 5 weeks my levels were around 16,000, so the doctor says the increase is a good sign. I am still quite paranoid whereas I miscarried less than 2months ago. I had a couple light brown spots a couple weeks ago, it went away after 2-3days. I was told it was more than likely implantation of the fetus in to the uterus, and as long as it went away not to worry. I am glad I have not had anymore. I hope everything goes well for everyone!
I'm about 6 weeks pregnant. And all they really see right now is the sac. No egg sac. No baby yet too. Maybe its too early too. Bev.
*UPDATE*
I had my levels checked again and they are 44,232 which means they have more than doubled in three days time! Hang in there ladies, drink plenty of water, and take the vitamins they do help!
Today they got the heartbeat at 128bpm
Hi everyone it's so sad to read all your story's but at the same time gives me hope I just found out I'm pregnant a week ago went to doctor and she did a vaginal ultra sound she was there for a while then she finally said my pregnancy was abnormal didn't understand what she meant she said look this is where the sac would be but all I see ire images of something very confussed n. Scared I've had 2 miscarriages in the past n this one is very different I still feel pregnant not bleeding n not cramping my lmp I'm not sure of I know it was in march so I'm praying it's too early to see she checked my blood levels I go in tomorrow for anothershe said they should go up I have 3 boys already I'm really sad please let me know if this story is like yours and everything sent well pray for me thank you
I would say it is just too early, that is what happened with me. I got preg in March too. Try not to stress and take deep breaths... go for walks to keep your mind focused on other things that way you and the baby have a better chance of being healthy. I know it is hard, i AM A FRANTIC  worrrier lol! It will be ok!
I'm sadden to say I went in again today for another u/s the doctor wanted  to do a d and c but I opted for cytotec the pill that makes you abort it was the hardest thing I had to do I'm very sadden but thank god I have 3 healthy boys thanks everyone and hope for the best for you ladies hope the outcome is better for you
I am so sorry for your loss, are you going to try again? I got pregnant right after my miscarriage, its been scary. I got pregnant about a week and a half right after loosing one, I found out that it was cause we are so fertile afterwards. I am glad my baby has been healthy so far and I hope it continues to be healthy, but it has been really scary!
I have 6 large uterine fibroids. I went for my first ultrasound two weeks ago and the technician only saw fibroids. The doctor came in found a sac and saw something inside, at this time I was about 6-7 wks approximately. She scheduled me for another u/s two weeks later. Same technician says she doesn't see any changes, however a different physician was there and he never came in to verify anything he just said there's no change so this pregnancy is not a viable one. I'm a nurse and I know that the fibroids distort and block the view because of their size and their location. I've decided to get a second opinion. And has this happened to anyone else on more than one occasion or is this a one time thing in most cases?
hello! i'm new in the forum. my lmp was april 2, 2012, took a hpt twice in may 10 & 15 and both positive. went to ob in may 26, she said i was on my 7w but the sonologist said that based on the measurement of my gest sac, i was only 5w4d. is it normal having empty sac at this stage? pls help.
I need some help on this one. I found out about a week ago I was pregnant and they are saying about  weeks but I started bleeding and it wasnt light....could it be bc I am not that far along or miscarring? First pregnancy and I am scared to death now, I went to the hospital tonight and they couldnt see the baby but they said from the test they ran that I was pregnant. I go back Sunday, ladies please help me out on this one bc I dont know what to think
Try not to panic.   I was 39 when I got pregnant with my son and started bleeding at six weeks.   The doctors put me through HELL with ultrasounds and proding and poking.... I felt like a science project.   But in the end I gave birth to a healthy baby boy weighing 7 pounds 11 ounces.   That was 14 years ago.   Don't let anyone get you upset until you know ALL the facts.  Bleeding is scary but not uncommon.   There are lots of things going on in there so just be patient and calm and it will all be as it is supposed to be.   We cannot stop miscarriages from happening and when they do it is for a good reason.   All I can say is with my experience the doctors had me crazy and everything turned out okay for me.  Have faith, pray and have peace in whatever is to be.  Hope this helps......
God works n wonderful and mysterious ways so whatever your case n mine.... its not too much to bear. My Dr puts me @ 5 1/2-6 wks n thinks since we hadn't learned anything or seen other than early pregnancy she thinks blighted ovum. I've read plenty blogs n jus looked at many pictures. Had been detailed on my u/s from Thursday other than having early pregnancy I was shown my gestation Saccq n yolk saccq. She says everything is fine but my obgyn thinks other cause ive had two sonograms on the fourth n eighth of june n she hasnt sern any thing so this is freaky cause both u/s were good, but I get blood work results tomorrow.  May we all find our way thru this good or bad. Blessings n keep your Faith. Im barely worried #humannature
Hi there,
Today I had my first scan because I ate a pie with mould...I had to go to a gyno and he asked if i wanted a  transabdominal scan.Measured 5 weeks 6 days, but he saw only a gestational sac and no embryo nor hb! told me that maybe i have a blithed ovum( in this case need a d&c) and should repeat the scan in 2 weeks time. The waiting will really kill me emotionally because I want to be pregnant so such :( can it still be possible after 2 weeks to detect an embrio and heartbeat?
Hi, I see that these forums are old because of the dates.but I was still hoping my comment would ge replied to.

I went to the ER last Friday ( 06/15/12) & was told I was 6.3 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound abdominal & transvaginal. & there was only a gestation sac & a yolk sac seen.but no fetal pole. I was told that the baby may not survive. Because of the findings. But I have to follow up with my ob. To check and see if my hcg levels are rising are not.I don't have an OB yet! So I have to wait for a referral. I've been worring my self. Shouldn't atleast a fetal pole be detected on a transvaginal ultrasoung at 6.3weeks??
I had a transvaginal u/s last week have another on thursday they cud see a gestation sac measuring just under 6wks and a yolk sac I really hope everything is okay x
im 23 & this is my 4th pregnancy. I have two healtthy children. I had a misscarriage two months ago. I too have irregular periods and ovulation. I went in for my first scan amd they said I was five weeks witj only a ges sac present. The tech reasurred me thats common and they typically dont see the yolk or fetal pole til six weeks or more. I had ligjt spotting a few days went back for my us a week later and still nothing was present. I conyinued spotting and misscarried that night:( I had a blighted ovum. As I was waiting for my period after the miscarriage ii learned that I am expecting! Im 6 weeks two days today and have an ultrasound tomorrpw. im praying for the best!.Baby dust to all you ladies!
I am also very confused!!  I began to bleed very heavily on 12/6/12 passing some small clots and then a very big clot.  Went to the Dr who said it was possibly a dysfunctional uterine bleed which can happen sometimes.  He took bloods to check that I wasn't pregnant and in the evening phoned me to tell me the bloods came back with an hcg of 5000, but it was likely that I had miscarried.( I had no idea that I could possibly be expecting!)  Went back on 15/6 and had more bloods and my hcg and gone up to 11705.  He booked an appointment for me at the EPU for 26/6 and took more bloods on 18/6 which came back as 14391- he then told me that I had a viable pregnancy of the womb due to the rising levels! I had more blood taken on 22/6 and hcg was 20504.  I attended my appointment at the EPU and had a transvaginal scan- the specialist told me that there was a gestational sac and an embryo present CRL measurement 5.5mm.  But she could not detect a fetal hearbeat.  She said that the viability of the pregnancy is uncertain and I have to return in 8 days for another scan.  She said because my bloods were not increasing as she would expect and my progesterone level is also low at 11.00 that I should prepare myself for the pregnancy not being viable.  She also said I was approx 6-7 weeks( although I am unsure of my last period).  She said she had a good view when she scanned me and her feelings were that the pregancny isn't viable as she should have seen a flutter in accordance with my dates, but that she "was sitting on fence with this one" til my next scan. I have had very little symptoms- the bleeding has stopped now.  I HATE this waiting and feel completely alone.  Can anyone relate to my story, I don't know how to feel :-(
Amen I'm 6 1/2 weeks prego and all they saw was a bag with no baby no heartbeat no nothing and I started spotting light pink and now 3 days later it's dark brown blood with a few pieces and very small pieces of jelly like I guess clots no pain no nothing and now I feel better as I read your post I'm 38 yrs old
I'm going to get an ultrasound on Tuesday July 17 2012 to see wats going on and if my hormone levels rise or decrese they are at 9264 right now I trust and believe everything will turn out good for us prayers please thank you!!
Thank you for putting the remainder of your story on here! All the posts are information but we never get the end result- whether the pregnancy was viable. This has comforted me a bit and I will keep praying and staying positive.
Thanks.
Thank God i am not the only one going through this because every woman i mentioned this to never heard of having an empty fetal sac.  I was beginning to wonder if i was a freek.  It is a stressful enough situation without being on your own. I have another scan on Wed which should be week 7 please God it will be good news for us as my husband and i would dearly love a child.  Good luck to all those couples going through the same situation, you are not alone.
yes i had my first at 41, my second at 43, and am now expecting again,all conceived naturally no ivf or anything
Am 25years old.itested positive both blood and urine tests.by my calculation am 5weeks but went for ultrasound and nothing was seen.not even the sac, instead a large mass of fibroid in the uterus.m really worried.was asked to come back for another scan in two weeks.what could be happening? Does anyone have a similar experience
I did invitro sept 11  at 6wks i went for my ultrasound...my hcg levels were low they saw two sacks nothing else.....i go back monday...hoping to see my  babies
Im in the same boat,went for ultrasound today due to spotting of brownish discharge but NO pain.mw thought i was 8weeks by last period but he said sac was only measuring 5 weeks but no embryo :( i have another scan in 2weeks... Im worried sick but really wishing i didnt have scan now!!
Iv already got a 2yr old boy and never had anything like this but saw a heartbeat and baby at 8weeks 3days.trying to stay positive
Can you update me on what happened to you? I'm in the same situation and have my follow up scan in 5 days. Just curious and trying to stay positive.
  Just thought I would put my two cents in here having just gone through this. Desperately two days ago I was searching for stories similar to mine and really just found more questions without answers. Lots of people had post there concerns and not updated. I was hoping they came back with happy news.
  Mine was happy news. So I thought I would post so others who are looking for some comfort will find comfort in this....I went in two days ago for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 2 days. The NP did a trans-vaginal ultrasound and couldn't find a baby, just an empty sac. I was panicked to say the least. She checked my hormone levels and they were at 36,000 so she said we definitely should have seen a baby so she immediately sent me to an imaging clinic.
   Long story short...heartbeat 143!! This was the very next day. Me and my husband (who is a doctor by the way) can not for the life of us figure out why professionals do ultrasounds this early on so many women. I can understand in a lot of cases why you would need to, but for a lot of us, it just sends us through unnecessary stress, which our body and baby don't need.
   Trust me when I say ladies, go back in a week or two. It IS normal not to see anything this early, especially with the ultrasounds they use at lower specialty clinics. Don't stress yourselves out like I did. Relax and think positive thoughts. I wish I would have read my own post two days ago...would have saved me a world of heartache and panic..

I am 8weeks & 5days pregnant & went to The e.r. With bleeding & clotting,thy did an internal & external ultrasound & found no fetal pole or,heartbeat only a sack.thy said The bleeding is My body trying to pass it on like a miscarriage & thy want 2 schedule me a d&c this friday
Hi I am also in the same boat I am 6 weeks and 2 days and went for my first ultra sound and all they seen was a ges sac and yolk sac but no fetus pole they told me that I should be miscarring soon but I haven't bleed or had any cramping and my cervix is closed tight my hcg levels are 13,000 and last week was 3,900 so that is a big jump from last week and this week so I don't know what's going on can somebody give me some good advice please....
Wow... great to hear someone who's story is similiar to mine. I obviously tested positive the DAY I got pregnant too. according to my last period, I should be 10 wks today but the measurements said 6 wks 4 dys. the first visit was an empty sac. Yesterday there was signifigant improvement & there was a pregnancy inside it, but couldnt register heartbeat yet. Id been wondering if anyone had ever been as far off as me too. Thanks!! How did Urs go??
Based in my LMP, I thought I was 6-7 weeks.  I went to the bathroom and had bright red blood when I willed which scared me.  I went to a GYN since my OB was closed on Fridays and she did a vaginal ultrasound and found an empty gestational sac.  She told me that I was either only about 2 weeks along or that I would have a miscarriage.  After the ultrasound I had some light brown spotting and have continued to have it in very small amounts each time I wipe.  I'm continuing my prenatal vitamins, using 25mg Progesterone suppositories once daily and praying hard.  
I literally found out i was pregnat like four or five days ago. i was going to find a ob and start prenatlesand what not. however the day after i had a clinic visit to prove i was pregnant, i cramped some for about teo minutes ant then it stopped, i checked and i was bleeding, it was a pink at first, then it was a dark brownish red, i went straight to the er and they told me it was what they call a threatened abortion and my hormone levels were low for being pregnant. however i wouldnt be far along at all, i had my last day of my lmp wich was march 5th 2013. i should havestarted my period aroundthe 28th of march. but it never came. i took three home tests all positiv the clinic one was positive. Anyhow back to the er. they said i had to.come in two days to see if my hormones had doubled or anything the next day i was still bleeding not a lot at all but enough, soi went to a diff hospital, they did and ultra soundand didnt see amything in my uterus at all. an they said the same thing about the threatened abortion. but it could alsobe  i could have a tubal pregnancy or its just to early to see anything because i could kust have a couple cells in my uterus and they cant see them.yet.. i had my.blood taken again today wich is april 6th and i go in to review them on monday the 8th.and see the ob they referred me to, i get to see an ob instead of a er doc. maybe they will tell me some better news, fingers crossed!
HELLO GUYS i am 6weeks pregnant i had my tvs ultra sound yesterday but they didn't  found a fetus or sac or a heart beat,,,pls help me i want ur advice
I have been so scared because I thought I was at least 7 weeks LMP was 5/11  but I am irregular. And when I went for a regular check up 4 weeks ago (didnt even consider being pregnant) they ran some tests and did a pap smear and did a routine PG test. and it came negative. But a couple of days ago I took a PG and it showed positive. Went for an US and you can see the sak but foc but no fetus at all. So im going back in THREE weeks. SOOO scared and nervous.
Hello everyone I just went in to the E.R. for light bleeding and brown spotting. I was told that I was 12 weeks by my LMP. But the ultrasound confirmed I was only 7 weeks. She saw a sac but no sign of a fetus and took some blood to confirm that I was 7 weeks and I was still pregnant. She didn't say threatned miscarriage but she said my diagnose was Bleeding during pregnancy. I am scheduled for another ultrasound in 1 week. This is my 7th pregnancy but the 1st with these symptoms.  I pray that my pregnancy continues and my baby will be healthy. I am so grateful that I found this site and I will update my information soon.
I'm 5weeks n went in for my 2nd ultrasound today of course I'm freaking out they still havnt seen a baby but they do see yolk sac I go in next week for another ultrasound so I'm praying they see something or I'm going to try another doc or try a ultrasound tech people say ultrasound tech are better to go to
I am going through that right now and heard the same thing,I have a ultrasound to do in a week or 2 and all I can do is hope and wish for the best..and I am pregnant with twins
I'm 45 and I've been trying to get pregnant for 10 months I'm ovulating and twice I believe I have had implantation. Has anyone else out there had children at my age? I was pregnant 2 1/2 years ago but miscarried. Is there any hope for me to conceive a healthy baby