Pregnancy 25-34 Community
Spotting and passing clots during pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 25 to 34.

I posted on here a couple of months ago and am still having the same problem.  Right after I found out I was pregnant two months ago, I started passing bright red blood, but just spotting.  It rarely ever makes it to my underwear, but is there when I wipe.  I had two transvaginal ultrasounds at six weeks.  I have heard the baby's heartbeat twice since then (last time was yesterday) and I am now 14 1/2 weeks.  My doctor put me on pelvic rest back at six weeks and since I have been spotting every five or six days, my husband and I have chosen to keep me on pelvic rest.  I don't do anything overly strenuous, just light housework.  Today I was cleaning the kitchen (dishes, sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.) and just a few minutes ago, I had some more spotting and there were two small clots (the blood is bright red).  My doctor says not to stress out over it too much unless I bleed so much that I have to wear a pad and actually change to a second one.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions or comments?  This is my third pregnancy and I am 38.  My last child was born almost eight years ago and this one was unplanned.  I was taking Orthotricyclen when I got pregnant and took it daily up until I found out I was pregnant, basically at 5 1/2 weeks.
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Good on you and your husband on continueing the pelvic rest.  My doctor had me on modified bedrest and pelvic rest until I had no bleeding/spotting for an entire 30 days.

I started bleeding at five weeks. I bled every day, nonstop, with lots of clots until 13 weeks.  Well, I did have a break at 11 weeks for about a week and then I bled and passed clots again. At 13 weeks the bleeding finally stopped.  It was a relief and we had no answers.

My doctor was not as confident as your doctor and reminded me at every appointment and ultrasound that I would probably miscarry.  It was a very horrible first trimester.

So, I know all about the bleeding and passing of clots.  I do not however have experience with it during the second trimester.  I thought my doctor could have done a better job of not scaring me, as we knew the chance of miscarriage was high but didn't need to hear it over and over and over again.

It sounds like you may want a more involved doctor.  I don't know.  There is nothing you can do to stop the bleeding and that really stinks.  Be careful with the housework that you do.  I wasn't allowed to lift anything or do most housework.  Basically, I was told to not do anything and that is what I did.  

The birth control really shouldn't play a role in what is going on now.  It's true that you aren't supposed to take it while pregnant, but many women do (as you did -- didn't know they were pregnant at the time) and I've read a little about it and it appears that it doesn't cause any problems.

I hope the spotting stops soon.  It's scary and frustrating.

You should try to take it as easy as possible.  Good luck.
Any time there is bright red blood, it is best to contact the doctor. Light spotting can be normal, but just call your doctor as soon as you can, just to find out what's wrong. Don't be startled, just make sure everything's okay.

Let us know how you make out. Good luck, sweetie!
I had my doctor's appointment yesterday morning and about 3:30 yesterday is when I bled again.  I called the doc right then and that's when she told me about having enough blood to have to change to a second pad.  Another problem is that my breasts are really sore again, just like they were when I first found out I was pregnant.  They hurt so bad around and behind my nipples that they are physically sore to the touch and I can't stand any pressure on them.  I don't wear a bra at all when I am at home.  Usually my spotting just lasts one day, but I'm doing it again today.    I'm really worried, although I know there is nothing I can do to stop or prevent a miscarriage if it is going to happen.  

Back when I was 6 1/2 weeks pregnant, my doc already told me I had a 50% chance of carrying to term.  I didn't like hearing that either, but at least that is the only time I heard it.  I'll keep you guys posted.
I think you are out of the woods.  I would change doctors if you don't feel you are getting the quality of care you desire.  I hope and pray you have a healthy baby.
I am about 8 1/2 weeks along and started bleeding pretty heavy last week.  I went to the ER and was given an exam and an ultrasound, both of which showed good news.  My cervix was closed and the ultrasound showed the fetal pole, yolk sac, and heartbeat at 120 beats per minute.  I have been spotting brown blood since the ER trip but only when I wipe.  I have not had any spotting on my pads.  However, this morning after my bowel movement, I passed a blood clot abou the size of a quarter.  I have not called the doctor yet, as I'm scheduled for another ultrasound tomorrow and a prenatal visit.  The doctor currently has me on bed rest, which means I can't do anything but lie around.  It's getting old, but I just pray that everything is OK.  I went through my first round of INVITRO fertilization in June and this is my first pregnancy.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive for years.  We were so happy to have a positive pregnancy test and now I'm experiecing bleeding.
I am 15 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I have been bleeding on and off since I was about 8 weeks pregnant. I have what they call a sub chorionic hemorage. I am not allowed to lift much of anything and this morning I passed my first blood clot. I am a worry wart so I was pretty worked up about it. I have been getting ultrasounds every 2 weeks since 8 weeks and I see my doctor weekly. I also have diabetes so I'm on 4 shots a day and it has been a real trip with this pregnancy. I lost my first one back in March due to miscarrage (miscarriage). It's been a real rollercoaster ride since then. The baby's handling the bleeding and the hemorage very well this time around though and I wish the best to you ladies with you difficulties! Hopefully we all get healthy babies! It's a tough road but it makes us stronger mothers!

Melissa*
Thank you all for posting.  I am 5 weeks and scared to death.  I have been bleeding and have had minor pain.  They can only see a sac at this point and that in it's self scared me.  But I am 37 and not regular.  It is noce to know that others have experienced this... no matter what the outcome.  I am praying I have a healthy baby in 8 months.... I am knowing God has a plan.  

i am 24 and have been ttc for 2 years. i had my period on aug 18 for 4 days and then 2 weeks later i started bleeding bright red heavily and cramping in my lower abdomen. It has been gradually getting lighter but i have passed 2 long blood clots already. I feel stretching and bloating in my belly and i have been so irritable lately. Could i be pregnant? I dont have insurance and need to know if anyone knows of a cheap doctor or clinic that i can go to in miami fl.
I'm 17 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding from 6 weeks.  A lot of times when I stand blood rushes out as well as large clots.  I've been on bed rest this whole time  my doctor is concerned but also very confident that I will carry full term.  The baby is measuring as she should and is healthy.  My cervix is still closed.  I just wish I could get some answers to why I'm bleeding and if this is bad for not only my baby but me as well.
I'm in the same boat: ( I'm 14 weeks with twins and have been bleeding a dark, almost brown blood since last week.  I've seen the Dr about 5 times since then and was told that its marginal placenta previa as well as a blood clot.  This past Tuesday it was bad- red and heavy which scared me, but was told that it was probably the clot passing.  I to am on pelvic rest and was told to take it easy.  Its not fun, but will do any and everything to keep these buns in the oven!  So far they are both doing very well.  I can only hope that it continues!!  Please keep me in your thoughs as I will all of you : )  Mel
I'm going through the same thing right now.  I am eight weeks pregnant and I have been bleeding heavily for a week now.  Two days ago I started getting really bad cramps!  I am really scared.  I havent had an ultrasound yet so I am really stressed out!  I am also a nursing student so if I am put on best rest I wont be able to finish school.  I need to know whats happening.  Has anybody else got bad period like cramps??
yes that happened to me and i had a mc at 8 wks.
I hope that things are well with you - I'll keep you in my thoughts : )
I am experiencing the exact same thing. My husband and I have been married for 5 years. 3 days before our anniversary we found out I was pregnant. I can't tell how happy I felt, but also the immense dread. For about 2 1/2 weeks it was all good and right at the end of my 4th week I started bleeding. It didn't get onto a pad at first, but then gradually started to come out. I have been bleeding for exactly 8 days now. I passed two very small clots today. I have NO idea what that even means. I had a vaginal ultra-sound last Tuesday and they found the sac but my doctor was concerned with the shape of it. This whole experience so far has been the most stressful, tear-filled time of my whole life. I have another ultra-sound scheduled for tommorrow.For everyone who is going through this I am so sorry and I hope that it will all work out.
I started with right ovary pain 1 day after I found out was pregnant. Went in because I had an etopic pregnancy last year and feared it was going to happen again. I had an vaginal ultrasound and the sac was found in the uterus. The pain went away for a couple of days and comes and goes now, but I started bleeding. I have not been put on pelvic rest my doctor stated that about 10-15% of these cases end in a misscarriage. I started seeing small blood clots the size of a pencil eraser. I'm tired and at this point don't know what to expect. My doctor wants to see me in a week. I'm having very mild cramps of pulling not sure. My first pregnancy was a brezze.
im also experiencing the very same problem .this is my first pregnancy i was experiencing menstruation the whole week two days experience  a big clots and i was cramping can someone answer me.coz my doctor said is natural.
I'm six wks today. two days ago i started spotting with a mild crampy pain. went into the er and was told my cervix is closed and i just had to wait as it's too early to detect a heart beat. i could see the fetus in the sac. then yesterday i started bleeding (as in a period) i went to my obgyn and was told that even thou my cervix is still closed he thinks i'm miscarrying.i'm now on bed rest. last night the bleeding was so heavy and i passed a large greyish clot. i'm going back to the dr this afternoon but i'm praying for a miracle. does anyone know if i could still be pregnant after all that? i dont want to go in and be told to get a d&c if there is a slight chance.....worried
there is no chance.my cervix is open and my uterus holds no trace of a pregnancy. "all gone" i was told. i don't need a d&c.
i cant seem to stop the tears
keep your hope and prayers alive.  I went through invitro and received 3 positive pregnancy test. 1 week later, I bled heavy with small clots. When they couldn't find the sac, they thought ectopic. After 2 more visits of not finding a sac they assured me it was ectopic and planned on giving me an injection to terminate the pregnancy.  The day of the scheduled injection they found the sac !!!  3 days later I began to bleed extremely heavy and pass large quarter to half dollar size blood clots with 1 clear clot. The following day the bleeding stopped and a pregnancy test still confirmed pregnancy, even though they feared miscarriage.  My next test is in two days, after reading everyone elses comments, I'm confident that I will continue through this pregnancy.  I wish you all the best!!!  Stay positive and prayful!
I am 35 yrs old and am about 7 weeks pregnant. I have a 13 year old and 15 year old. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 2 1/2 years. I had an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy that ruptured 2 years ago.During that surgery, the doctor found endometriosis. Which we have since then had removed. About 5 months ago we got a positive on a pregnancy test. I started cramping and spotting at 6 weeks, and by the 8th week we had lost the baby's heartbeat. I never actually miscarried. I had to have a D&C, was put on daily progesterone, and 3 months later we're pregnant again.
       The doctor has put me on prometrium again, to reduce the risk of miscarriage. It has progesterone in it and is inserted vaginally each night at bedtime. I inserted it last night at about 10pm, and when I pulled my hand back it was covered in bright red blood. I called my doctor immediately and was advised to go to the ER. Before leaving the house, I passed a large (size of a mouse, or half a twinkie) blood clot with tissue. Everything I've read has said to retrieve the tissue, so the lab could analyze it. So I did. My husband and I were certain I had miscarried. I bled enough in an hour to fill 3 pads. But at 4am, when the sonographer got there...there was still a fetus...with a heartbeat, in the uterus. It's a miracle!
         But, what now? Was that just stage one of the miscarriage? Was that a twin? Has anyone ever bled that badly and kept their baby to full term? How did you do it?
         The ER doctor said my hcg level was at about 55,000. I have another quantitative hcg @ the hospital tomorrow. My doctor has put me on bedrest until my follow up ultrasound/prenatal appointment in 5 days.
          Does anyone know what this could be? I'm a nervous wreck. I don't want to loose another baby. But, I'm baffled as to how it could have survived my ordeal last night.
Mel :)

I am about 6 wks pregnant and have had very heavy bleeding for 3 days now, with clots.  I had my first ultrasound yesterday and was told that I am measuring about 5 wks.  The drs only saw the egg sack, and could not detect a heartbeat. My cervix is still closed, and my hormone level is on the lower end of the range but I was told that is ok.
Yet, I was told that in all likelihood I will miscarry in the next couple of days because of the bleeding.
This is my second pregnancy and I did not even have any spotting in the first pregnancy.  My poor daughter is turning 2 this week, and all I can do is walk around the house and cry. I am so scared.
I went to the dr. this week to confirm I was pregnant, my doctor said I was measuring about 6 and 1/2 although b/c of the timing of when I got pregnant, I should have been 7 1/2 weeks.  I had a vaginal sonogram and they saw that the baby was in the right place and saw a very strong heartbeat.  A day and a half later I started spotting bleeding, the next evening my cramps intensified, back and abdominal. After that the bleeding intensified but it was only flowing out when I went to the bathroom. It wasn't filling up my underwear.  I had 2 clots that were only about as long as my finger and they were bloody. I've seen nothing that was grey or resembled tissue.  My doctor is telling me that more than likely everything is fine but I really don't feel like everything is fine, it seems odd that I would have blood flowing out of me and cramps but still have a baby that's ok. She said that this is very common and most women experience something like this.  This is my first pregnancy so am of course scared. Has anyone experienced anything similar and had a positive outcome?
Update

I did miscarry.  I was told that in all likelihood the fetus never developed, a blighted ovum.  The doctors will never know for sure since I was so early on (6 wks pregnant but measuring about 5 weeks).
I wish you all positive thoughts.

IM IN THE SAME EXACT SITUATION.....JUST FOUND UT I WAS PREGNANT YESTERDAY.....IM ALMOST SIX WEEK AND THIS MORNING I AM SPOTTING RED WHEN I WIPE AFTER USING THE RESTROOM.....ALL DAY....WITH ABOUT 4 NICKLE SIZED CLOTS......THE NURSE SAID THAT AS LONG AS I WASNT FILLING UP A PAD NOT TO WORRY.....WELL IM NEEDING A PAD.....SHE ALSO RECOMMENDED DRINKING A MINIMUM OF A GALLON OF WATER PER DAY....AND AS LONG S I HAVE A BROWNISH DISCHARGE IN COUPLE OF DAYS I SHOULD BE FINE.....I HAVE AN APPT ON MONDAY.......IM PRAYING THAT WE ARE OKAY.....I HAVE HAD 3 MISCARRIAGES IN THE PAST AND HAVE 3 BOYS.....MY HUSBAND AND I REALLY WANT THIS BABY.....BABY WOULD BE DUE ON MY HUSBABNDS BIRTHDAY.....THIS WOULD BE HIS FIRST.....MY OTHER CHILDREN ARE FROM A PREVIOUS MARRIAGE......SO KEEP ME POSTED ON YOUR SITUATION......AND I WILL KEEP ALL THE STORIES I READ ON HERE IN MY PRAYERS
hi im 6wks and been bleeding since friday ,went to er put me on pelvic rest an heard heartbeat 130 an everything fine
went bac to er last nite cause still bleeding got heaver never really on underware jus when wipe,i was told cervix was closed an my blood levels were good. the whole 6wks been experiencing cramps mild , now passed 3 clots 2 dime size an 3rd one long , but really no cramps just really mild what should i do ....
I will be sending positive thoughts your way.  I really hope that everything is fine with both of you.
im 5 weeks pregnant and i passed liver like clots three times . there was just enough blood to help them out (about a teaspoon full ), no cramps no warning signs and no bleeding following . they all happened days apart from each other . the first time was the reason i took a test on dec 5th . i was told it normal because the the egg is attaching and my  would be period might pass .. then again on dec 8th  same one clotand a teaspoon of blood with no cramps or bleeding followed . and once more on dec 15th same as others . i was told to keep the clots and give them to my obgyn so they can tell if its part of the placenta . she told me therès nothing to stress about . i have an appointment with her on the 29th . im having an ultrasound ( 80$ ) if you have one early . but i have been reading every day about this situation and i see that a lot of women carry to term in this case . as long as they dont bleed enough to soak two pads and if it continues for days . i think it would make sense to say that im still pregnant if i havent bleed heavy or had any cramps . anyone else have this happen ...
I am posting here to share my story in hopes that it will help others.
When I was pregnant for my first child I began bleeding heavily at about 18 weeks. I was told that all was well with the baby but was refered to a perinatologist for a level 2 ultrasound. At this appointment I was told that there was no fluid around the baby. The doctors feared sepsis and convinced me to induce at 22 weeks. I gave birth to a still born little boy. After this I was told nothing about the causes nor were any tests preformed. About a year later I found myself pregnant again. This pregnancy was watched closely and I was bedrest for 4 months because of preterm labor. However, I had no bleeding or clots. I  was scarred to death but went on to deliver a healthy little boy with induced labor at 39 weeks. In May of 2008 I again found I was pregnant. With this pregnancy I began spotting at about 8 weeks. I saw my doctor many, many times but was assured the baby was fine. My doctor was unwilling to treat the pregnancy as anything but normal because I had delivered a healthy baby previously. At about 14 weeks I began experiencing bad cramping and bleeding including large palm sized bright red clots. I went to the ER and was told the baby was fine and my cervix was closed. Even with my insistance of the clots and heavy cramping being an issue I was told all was well. I asked if the cramping was labor trying to push out yet was told this was impossible. I was sent home on strict bedrest for the weekend (this was Friday afternoon) I complied completely. I was scheduled for a doctors appointment on Monday afternoon. Upon this appointment I was told that my cervix was closed and the babys heartbeat was great but there was low fluid around the baby. I was again refered to a perinatologist. I again asked about the painful cramping and was told to take Tylenol and not to worry. I continued to pass large clots and the pain worsened as the night went on. That night about 10 PM I had a sudden surge of pain and felt a large pop. I sat on the toilet not knowing what was going on and suddenly two tiny little feet appeared. I was home alone with my son (18 months) Thank God he was sound asleep. I sat on the couch and called an ambulance. As I sat on the phone my tiny little son was born at only 15 weeks 1 day  gestation. Upon arriving at the hospital a wonderful female doctor started asking questions. I told her of my history and she asked if blood tests were done after my first loss. I told her no and she advised me of the tests she would be ordering. (Unsure now exactly which tests were done) I was unable to deliver the placenta fully and continued to pass clots the size size of the hand all night. I recieved a D&C in the morning. 6 weeks later at my follow up appointment I was told that the blood work showed that I am a heterozygote for a blood clot disorder. I was refered to a hemotologist for future pregnancies as such is avoidable with blood thinners and monitoring. I would encourage anybody going through heavy bleeding and clots to request such blood work. We do not have to lose our children due to a lack of competance and a lack of investigation of what causes loss especially when it is completely avoidable with proper care.
Last Saturday I took a pregnancy test. It came out positive, not believing it, I took another the next day. I made my husband go to the store and get another box, 3 tests later still the same answer. This past Tuesday during work, I started having brown discharge, it turned in to bright red blood the next day. I went to the ER on 12/24, they did an ultrasound, and another pregnancy test, and pelvic exam, Tested positive again, was told my hcg level (I think that was what they called it) was very low so, and that my cervix was just slightly dilated. I was told I'm probably not but a couple weeks along, after all the testing I started passing quarter sized blood clots the same night, slightly heavier bleeding, and every so often cramping (at times bad, at times not), and it has not stopped, I was told so long as I don't fill more than one pad in a couple hours time, then don't worry. No one said anything about taking it easy, bed rest, nothing. And to come back in Saturday for another blood test, keep my obgyn appt on Monday, if there were any abnormalities I would get a phone call. I am to the point now, I am terrified. I had to have a D & C with my first pregnancy around 1999, went through LEEP procedure, and coloscopy about a year later, after that, I kinda went off the deep end. I had since gone through psychiatric treatment, with several psychiatrists, who all had different diagnoses. And had me a walking zombie until about 2 years ago. After getting off all my medications, I took the counseling route, they have since found me a psychiatrist, one who finally took into account the fact that I refuse to be a guinea pig, and have been wanting to conceive a child. I accept there are no reassurances of a successful pregnancy but is there anyone who can give me a small bit advice, insight, or hope that this may end well??
Hi im experiencing something similar to your stories.. im worried. i started bleeding on tues.and im still bleding till this day it's light just spotting, i used a pad to be on the safe side but it stopped it last no more that 5 min. when i wipe i see small blood clots but only when i wipe. some have been very small and some were long but not big. i also have clear mucus like discharge of course with blood because im bleeding. but the blood it gets bright red when it comes down and it stops and turns to a dull red and then its just brown. i have  cramps here and there but the doctor said it was normal due to the uterus stretching in 9 weeks and 2 days. and the bleeding was normal just that the body produces a lot of blood at this time. is this normal? should i worry?
HI IM 14 WEEKS AND STARTED TO BLEED HEAVILY LAST WEEK.  I WAS ASLEEP AND THOUGHT I WAS PEEING IN THE BED.  THEN  I REALIZED I WASN'T PEEING BUT BLEEDING.  I HAD NO PAIN.  THIS IS MY THIRD PREGNENCY AND THIS DID'NT HAPPEN WITH THE FIRST TWO.  I WENT TO THE ER AND HAD A PELVIC EXAM THEY FOUND NOTHING WRONG.  I HAD A ULTRASOUND AND THE BABY WAS FINE.  SO I WENT HOME AND WAS TOLD TO REST.  THE NEXT DAY I WOKE UP AT 4AM AND HAD TO USE THE BATHROOM AND STILL BLEED I FELT SOMETHING COME OUT.  I WAS IN  SHOCK THINKING IT WAS THE BABY.  I REACHED INTO THE TOLIT AND PULLED OUT A HUGE BLOOD CLOT THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL.  TWO HOURS LATER THE SAME BUT THIS TIME THE BLOOD CLOT WAS EVEN BIGGER.  SCARED TO DEATH I WENT TO THE ER AGAIN.  THE SAME TEST WERE DONE AND THE BABY WAS FINE AND THEY DID'NT KNOW WHY I WAS BLEEDING. SO HERE I AM A WEEK LATER AND STILL BLEED OFF AND ON.  DO'NT KNOW WHY AND LOOKING FOR ANSWERS.
Hi everyone I am going thru a scary pregnancy.  I found out I was pregnant and shortly after I experenced heavy bleeding. I went to the doctors and they told me that I was most likely having an Miscarriage.  They took blood tests and told me I was about two weeks pregnant and that there was nothing I could do but be on bed rest and see if the pregnancy kept.  I bleed for about three days then a week later I took another pregnacy test and it came back negative.  I was really sad but me and my husband thought we would just try again soon.   About three weeks later I noticed I was still feeling pregnant and I took another test and It came back positive.  Me and my doctor realised I never lost the baby as previously thought.   Then about a month later I have bad pains and heavy, heavy bleading.  I passed several large blood clots. Had blood rush out of me at work so quickly I did not have time to even reach the bathroom.  I thought for sure that I had a Miscarriage.  I called the doctor again and they had me come in right away for a sonagram.  I was suprised to see that I had NOT lost the baby.  I was in fact 9 1/2 weeks pregnant.  They said my baby was heathy and had a good heart beat.  I was able to see my baby on the screen and it was the best feeling I have had in years.  The baby looked heathy and happy.  My doctor said everything looked fine but could not explain the heavy bleeding or blood clots.  He ordered more blood tests and bed rest till my next appointment next week.  I am happy the baby is fine but worried that I will still lose the baby.  I want to understand what is happening to me but can not get any answers??? Can anyone help me?  Has this happened to anyone else.  I fell in love with my baby when I saw it on the screen yesterday and I really don't want to lose the baby.  Please let me know if anyone has any possible answers.
Thank you
I'M 14WEEKS PREGNANT AND HAVE BEEN GOINT HRU A LOT OF THE SAMETHINGS...I'VE BEEN SPOTTING ON AND OFF THE WHOLE TIME...I ALSO PASS SMALL BLOOD CLOTS...I NEVER BLEED ENOUGH FOR IT TO EVEN GET ON A PAD ITS ONLY WHEN I WIPE...I HAVE NO PAIN AT ALL AND MY DR SAID EVERYTHING LOOKS FINE HE SAID THE BLEEDING MAY BE CAUSED BECAUSE OF MY CERVIX BUT I CANT HELP BUT WORRY...I WOULD FEEL SO MUCH BETTER IF I COULD GET A ULTRASOUND DOWN BUT I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY INSURANCE SO I GUESS ALL I DO IS WAIT AND RELAX!!!!! WHICH IS REALLY HARD!!!!!

MY PRAYERS AND BEST OF TOUGHTS GO OUT TO EVERYONE!!!!
I am five weeks three days and i am very nervous. I don't have any cramps thank GOD, but I am experiencing small clots and slight bleeding. I called my doctor the nght he confirmed the pregnancy and said that i was spotting. He called me back two hours later and said that if i did not experience any pain then keep my appt for my ultrasound for jan 22. The tech first took the abdominal ultrasound. I saw a sack and i thought i saw a baby. When i asked the tech about if i was still pregnant she said that i was two small to tell right at this moment and that she needed to do a transvaginal untrasound, It was somewhat painful. When she pulled the wand out, I saw blood on the wand and of course i asked again do you see a baby. She said that she could not give any answers i would have to call my doctor. So i went back home and waited two and half hours then i called the doctor. When i called the person answering the phone told me that if there was a problem the doctor would call me if there is was a problem. Yes, i am scared because this is child number 4 and i am 32. I haven't been able to tell my husband yet because he is out of the area and i am praying that i have time to tell him. I have faith that everything is alright with this child will make it to term and be very healthy along side me. Like i said i don't have any pain at all but the blood brown, pink, or red makes me worry. I don't want to lose this baby. I just wanted to share and see if someone had some encouraging words for me. I really do need them just as well as the other mother that posted to the site.

THANKS

I am a little over 8 weeks and i started bleeding light and now heavey
with some clots I'm scared i lost a baby 6months ago I was 5 1/2
months I had a little girl there was a knot in the cord.  I am not sure if i can go through another loss.  Any advise?
I had a faintly positive HPT on the 8th of March after realising I was 8 days late. The next morning I woke up with slightly painful cramping and I felt a bit wet,I had already had the normal slight cramping and brown spotting for a few days. I was bleeding a bit and continued to bleed for 2 1/2 days with no more cramping but a few clots,each a little bigger than a nickel. The bleeding was heavy enough for me to use 3 pads the first day then 2 for both other days but not nearly as heavy as a normal period. I called the doc but he didnt seem to care and just told me it sounded like a m/c but that I was just to send in a urine sample as he couldnt get a blood test done or even check me until he had a positive result from the lab!!! I sent in a sample and did another HPT 2 days after my faint positive,both were negative. BUT I only spotted for a couple days after the bleeding stopped and now the light crampy feeling is back and I seem to be getting a bit of morning sickness,am really irritable and my lower belly is harder than normal. My hubby and I are just about to celebrate our 2nd anniversary on the 22nd and we really want this baby! Does anyone think there is even a little possibility my doc is wrong? Should I do another test as tomorrow it will be a week since my last HPT. My mom says that I need to try not to get my hopes up but nothing about this seems like an m/c! Thanks, Jo
i am 6 weeks pregnant and started light bleeding since last sunday.. on the first day i had abit cramping but it stopped two days later soon as the pain stopped i was bleeding dark reddish brown blood until wednesday i went to the bathroom and passed a big blood clot size of a golf ball, it felt disguisting and scary.. after the clot has passed the bleeding has calmed down and now i only have browny discharge and sometime dark red blood. I don't know whether i have m/c i have been for a scan last monday which showed the sac and egg yolk with bleeding at the side of the womb.

docs sent me home saying i have a risk of m/c, and on the day everything looked fine...i am scared and confused i don't know whether i had m/c or not...

CAN ANYONE HELP?
I just found out that i was pregnant on staurday. we were so excited. i started to spot on sunday. i searched the internet and found that pink spotting was okay as long as there were no cramps. well it got worse on monday so i went to the er. i was there for 5 hours, they did all these tests. all they told me in the end was my hCG level was only 11 so it is too early to tell anything i could miscarry. its tuesday now and the bleeding had lessened alot. i was just wondering if there was still a chance that i could have a healthy baby or if i am just going to miscarry? they put me on bed rest but thats all they told me no sex and bed rest. is there anything that i can do or take or anything please let me know. i am already attached to my little baby and i dont want to lose it. i pray for all of you...
this is the most frustrating thing I've ever gone through.  I am 11 weeks pregnant and started spotting at about 5 weeks.  It is on and off and varies in strength and sometimes there is little clotting or tissue present in the toilet.  I've had 3 ultrasounds so far, and everything is continuing to look well.  I'm about to have my 4th ultrasound this wednesday, I'm hoping everything still looks well since I'm spotting again.  It's very disappointing to see that happen, and I know you can't do anything to control whether or not you miscarry.  However, like the rest of you it would be awesome if someone could just tell me why.  Instead my doctor has put me on pelvic rest and I am catergorized as "threat to miscarry" until I stop spotting.  My doctor seems confident that I will carry full term at this point (since she can see nothing wrong, and each time we've heard a strong heart beat), but I'm still worried.  What I hate the most is the stress is bad for you and the baby, but how can you not worry when you can not get legitamite answers to ease your mind?  
I am 6 weeks today and I had light spotting last Saturday so I went to ER. They did an abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound. They said everything was fine, baby had a good heartbeat and was developing well. I started bleeding 2 days ago (Wed) after I had sex, which I know I shouldn't have and I'm really upset with myself. Two days later I started bleeding kind of heavy but passing nickle size clots so I went back to the ER. They reassured me that everything was fine then and that I should be bedrested until cramps and bleeding go away. They also informed me that I had a UTI, which they tested from Saturday yet didn't inform me on. When I got home I passed a larger clot than earlier but it wasn't greyish, it was just bloody. I've been reading articles saying if you have a UTI and don't have it taken care of it can complicate your pregnancy and or cause miscarriage. I have a Dr.'s appt Tuesday and am trying not to stress but I am very scared. Does anyone have any advice for me or have you been through anything like this?? Please help me!
todays the 29 of july and last week monday i began to bleed so i was thinking i was going throught my period because to tell the truth i never know when it coming im irregular.. on the 27 seven monday night i started to use the bathroom but it burned to urinate so i went to the hospital because i noticed that i had blood in my urine i was check out and was diagnosed with uranary tract infection and was sent home with medication later dat night around 3 am i woke up with extreme abdominal pains.. i want to go back to the er but when i called to let them know they said it part of the infection.. around 6am i desided to get into the shower with hot water to calm the pain down i was in there for about 30 min till i reallt had the erge to urinate then that when a huge tissue came out of me from my vagina i was so grossed out i put it in a plastic bag and went back to the er. thankfully the pain stopped as soon as that tissue came out ..The didi blood work and it turned out that i was prenant and only was a week or 2 far in. i was then diagnosed with a threatend miscarrage (miscarriage) and that really stincks because me and my boyfriend have been trying for the longest and it hasnt happend till now and its sad knowing that im probably having a natural abortion.. is their a slight chance i can still be pregnant.. or able to save it.. the only thing im worried about now is that im continuing bleeding because of  my supposed period .... maria hernandez....
A clot alone might not mean the loss of the pregnancy, it can just mean you had some bleeding within the uterus and it sat a while in there and clotted, and out it came.  If the hospital tested the tissue and found placental or fetal cells in it, then, yes, it's a miscarriage.  In the meantime, stay off your feet as much as you can and drink plenty of water.  It will help your uterus calm down.  If you can, don't get up until 24 hours after all the bleeding stops.  A "threatened miscarriage" is not a miscarriage, so don't give up all hope.  What you have is worrisome but not guaranteed a negative outcome yet.  Good luck!
hi my name is Tya i jus found out i was pregnant on the 1st of september and yesterday i woke up and went to the bathroom and found blood i went to the ER and the did a pelvic ultrasound and a pelvic exam along with blood tests when they did the ultra sound they told me i am 5 weeks while i was in the ER after the internal ultrasound i went pee and passed a clot about the size of a quarter that was the 1st one i passed i have been having pains on and off i am 20 and this is my 1st pregnancy and i am very scared i do not want to lose the baby the doc alos told me i have a UTI and i am wondering if some of my pain could be because of that also it feels like i have a lot of gas but cant seem tp pass it nor have a bowl movement so could that also add to the pain or be the cause of it i am still bleeding its kinda bright red and i jus passed another clot this one was a lot smaller but they both looked like thay had white stuff in them the ER doc put me on bed rest  ansso i have been only getting up to pee and when i whipe is the only time i see the blood it never makes it to the pad i am jsu wondering if it is posible to go through all thia and stiil carry the baby? i am quite scared and would like any advice as to how i can carry to term or at least u my chances. any coments and advice well be welcome.
had a ultrasound 2 days ago, saw the sac w/yolk, but the next day i staring milding bleeding and then a very small clot fell out w/gray matter, now i am seeing browing tissue or brown blood when i wipe, and today starting to cramp. could i have already lost my baby?
I started cramping and spotting brown blood on monday. I went to the ER as directed on tuesday and they did a pelvic exam and ultrasound and blood work and urine test. 6 hours later they doctor comes in and tells me the heart beat is fine blood work is fine cervix is closed and good and everything just seems fine, he put me on bed rest for a week and sent me home. Now the bleeding has gotten heavier changed from brown to a bright red and i am not going threw a pad an hour but i keep changing the pads so i can keep an eye on the bleeding. i have had no clots on the pads but i have had 2 very very small when i wipe... i am terrified. I had a baby boy 4 years ago, he was 2 months early and i lost him 11 days after he was born due to an incompetent cervix. I go back for another blood test in 24 hours but my obgyn does not want to see me for another 4 weeks. I have read every article i can possible find. So far the clots are not gray or white matter so i feel confident on that but the cramping is intense and the bleeding is heavier and scaring me.
I am new to this forum.  I am 23 and this is my second pregnancy.  I lost the first one in May 09' due to a blighted ovum.  I just turned 6 wks today and have been having brown/dark brown spotting since about 4 1/2 weeks.  I have not had any major cramping, just little pinches and pulls here and there.  The spotting changes from light brown to very dark brown, and goes from light to heavy and back to light.  Today i passed a very small clot about the size of a pencil eraser which was dark brown.  My 5 1/2 week appointment showed a sac and a yolk sac, which is normal for that time.  We are waiting to see what my bloodwork comes back like.  I had it drawn at the doc's office and again at a clinic about 24 hours later and it had gone up a little bit, but not much.  Doc says thats normal since it hadn't been 48 hours yet.  Waiting on the last blood results to see if they are going up as they should.  Just praying that this baby is ok.  I do not want to go through another miscarriage again...it was the most emotionally draining thing i have ever been through.  Keep me in your prayers, as I will do with all of you :o)
I found out I was pregnant on the 9th of Sept. This is my second pregnancy. I lost the first one on the 1st of May this year just a miscarriage. It was one of the most painful experiences....physically, mentally, and emotionally. Just seeing a baby makes me go off...well now, I started bleeding after sex on Fri. Night. Then it stopped and the next day there was little to nothing, then Sunday afternoon evening, blood out of the blue. I went to the ER and they told me after a trans-Vaginal U/s that I was 5.6 weeks pregnant. that my cervix is closed, and that my baby has a heartbeat. They said that the heartbeat is about 104 per min. So the dr. in the ER said low. my HCG are above 16,000 but I am scared to death. Again, tonight, there is blood, this time with some clots.....small in size, but CLOTS! I am freaking out. I dont know what to do, I am an emotional wreck, and cant seem to do anything. I am on bed rest, but idk what to do!!! Any advice?!!?
Thanks,
MH
Hello,I am 6 weeks pregnant, this is my second pregnancy, the first one was a D&C in june of 2009. On sunday i started to bleed after i took a little nap,  went to the ER and they told me the cervix is closed and my HCG levels are measuring about the same for how many weeks im supposed to  be. they told me get an another blood test 48  hours later so now im waiting for my results. the bleeding has stopped but i do have brown spotting and when i get up or move around a little i  bleed a little just spotting. Im scared cuz with my last i had a D&C at 12 weeks but the fetus died at 7 and we want this baby really badly.
i am 22, have found out 2 days ago that I am 5 weeks pg. I am very scared, as I have been spooting twince last weekend and heavier bleeding and minor cramps the past 2 days, i am at the early pregnancy clinic on wednesday and will know further then. is there any1 who has bled with cramps and went on 2 have normal pg's? xxx
I had bleeding at 6wks pg and again at 3months...just like my doctor said I would because of the lst bleeding...he had me on as much bed rest as I could do (because I had a 21 month old).  I initially was told at 6 wks (because of the bleeding) that I had to go to the hospital for a d & c. because I was "losing" the baby.  Well I would not go...and have them "take" this baby from me, as this baby was planned and we wanted it very much.  Although I bled very heavily along with big clots, I continued to stay home and wait it out...so to speak.  Two weeks after my due date I delivered a very healthy baby boy.  So to all of you who have heard when you were bleeding, that you were going to miscarry, that is NOT true.  This happened before there were ultrasounds and bloodtests to test for pregnancy.  I hope and pray this helps all of you -- and ps...if you smoke, please stop for your sake and your babies...also drink plenty of water and eat lots of fresh fruits, even if it's just apples!  God Bless You!
I found out almost 1 1/2 weeks ago that I am 7.5 weeks pregnant,  SInce that day I have have moderate bleeding and tiny cramps, not even cramps like when I get my cycle...  Today I went for my first normal ultrasound and there was no sac yet,  They said that am earlier than I was suppose to be due to not having regular periods.... They scheduled me to come back next week for another ultrasound.. But they also did another preg test today, and told me I am definetly still pregnant...  I have had a few (3-4) small clots also when I wipe... Has anyone else had this happen and delivered a healthy baby?  Me and my husband are so nervous...
I am having the same problem I am 7 weeks pregnant and about a week ago I experinced bleeding unfortunatley it was not because my body said so it was because I got jumped and got kicked in my tummy about ten times or more! the blood rushed out of me and I thought I had lost the baby!I went to the hospital I had an altrasound at the hospital and they said the baby was still there and they detected the heartbeat, which I was relived to hear. I have two beautiful daughters ages 11 and 3 but I have also had 3 miscarriges in between my two children. I am scared and worried but my Doctor says he thinks things will be just fine I am scheduled for another altrasound tmrw to make sure everything is still ok I am now experinceing a lil more bleeding and it is now bright red, I am discuarged but still hopefull a bit of cramping is normal at this stage of pregnancy because ur uterus is making room for the baby, it's hard not to panic but its improtant to minimize the stress where possible1 I wish u all the best and pray for you remeber god does have a plan! I will keep u all posted its reliving to know ur not alone! There is hope!
im having the same thing right now i went to the hospital at the weekend for bleeding red brown they said everything was okay coz my cervis was closed i had a scan on the monday and everything was okay saw the scan and fetal pole but no heartbeat as im to early,, ive still bleeding and today which is red and sometimes brown and passed a little dark red black clot im in no pain ive got another scan next monday but worried
Reading these comments has made me feel alot better. I am 34 years old and 5 weeks pregnant, first pregnancy.  Just last night I went to the bathroom and when I wiped, I noticed a liver-like clot.  I called my hubby in there and we both were in shock to see this.  This is the first time that this had happened.  Since then, no bleeding, no pain, no clots or anything.   I made a same day appt with an OBGYN to see what was going on with me.  I was told that I have to get blood test to check HCG levels, then I am scheduled for an ultrasound on Wed...hope all goes well.  I personally thank all of you with a similiar situation to mine,  and most of them seem to have positive results.  I thank you all again  and I feel a lot better.  This is me and my hubby's first,  so we are very excited to be new parents.  Keep us in your prayers and wish us luck and the same to you all.
Hi everybody, my name is Amanda and whats been happening to me this whole month is what been driving me crazy....

For the past 7 months, I have been taking Ortho Tri Cyclen lo. And i get my period every 4 weeks. It narmally comes on a Wednesday and stops on Monday.  On Saturday, (09/26/09) me and my man were having sex. 2:00 a.m Sunday Morning, i noticed light red spotting and it continued through to Monday then it got heavier and became my period and lasted to Friday. Around 1 week after that , is when I started having these symptoms: Nipple tenderness, increased discharge, extreme nausea, dizziness (worsens if i dont eat alot of food), bad lower back pains, stomach cramps but worse on my left side, headaches, weird vivid dreams, constipation, and  gas all day. I was for sure that i was pregnant so i stopped taking my birth control on Wednesday (10/21/09) without finishing the pack (i was suppose to stop that following Saturday leaving me with 3 active pills that i missed). Normally when i stop taking the pills, i have my period exactly 4 days later and it starts out really heavy with clots the first two days then get lighter. But this Monday (5 days after i skipped the pills) I had very very light brown spotting that faded everytime i wiped and when i went to sleep the spotting stopped. But when i woke up on Tuesday, it was heavy bleeding with small clots,  i had bad back pain, slight stomach cramps, and bad head ache for a couple hours. I went to the doctor and she checked my cervix and didnt notice anything abnormal and said that it was just my period and left before i can get a blood pregnancy test.(But the doctor was being really rude and rushing me and since i was bleeding while she was checking my cervix, i dont think that she could really tell).That night (Tuesday) it went back to brown spotting. But i woke up on Wednesday and it was heavy again, i had the cramps back and it was clots but my breast tendernous stopped and i didnt feel as nauseous. So i was for sure that i may be having a miscarriage. But the strange thing is, Wednesday night, the bleeding got light red and my breast tenderness came back and i was nauseous again.But when i woke up this morning (Thursday)it was heavy again. So i went to the doctor today and finally did the blood pregnancy test. I did the Urine test which was negative, but everyone i know that took the urine test got negative results and found out months later that they were actually pregnant. I have to go back on Monday for my results since Saturday is Holloween and they're not open on Sundays. I think i may be pregnant because me period has NEVER in my life been like this and the doctor did say that since i stopped the pill, i can have heavy withdrawal bleeding and still be pregnant. Plus through out this month and last month, i have been missing alot of pills and taking them late (not purposely).... I have been worrying that i am having a miscarriage because i am having bad back pain and pain mostly in my left abdomen that i never had before.

Can someone PLEASE give me advice and share some symptoms or something that is similar to my story because im am extremely worried that i am having a miscarriage. I have been crying ever since i had the bleeding and i dont want to tell my boyfriend that i think im having a miscarriage because i dont want him to get upset until i know for sure. I am trying to stay positive and let God help me out but i do feel alot better hearing similiar stories that turned out well. I am 19 and i do actually want a baby now. This whole month has made me want to be pregnant. Please respond back... THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
My pregnancy has been normal until last night.  No spotting, no cramps....just the normal aches and pains of pregnancy.  I am 13 weeks and last night I had a horrible headache.  I decided to take a bath (it usually helps my headaches) and not even a minute after getting in the bathtub the water turned bright red.  I was scared to death...worried that the worst had happened.  I sat there crying for a few minutes and as i cried the water got darker and darker...it looked almost black because of all the blood.  I passed several quarter sized clots and one golf ball sized clot. My boyfriend drove me to the ER reassuring me that everything was ok and these things happen...he was just as scared as I was, but being a man he didn't let it show...which helped me calm down.  After several hours in the ER the results of the pelvic exam and ultrasound were positive.  The baby is fine, there is plenty of fluid, and they gave me an explaination of why i was bleeding!  They said the placenta attached very low in my uterus and as it grows I will bleed and pass clots.  I am on pelvic rest and have an appointment with my obgyn today for a follow up exam.  I am still bleeding but it's not as heavy.  I hope and pray that everything will be ok.
Hi I am 6 weeks pregnant 2 days ago I did an ultrasound I was 5.5weeks before I thought I was seven weeks as calculated LMP. Yesterday I had my morning sickness and after I ate I had another bout of vommitng.  Last night I started bleeding(fneclots) and cramping called my doc and she told me to rest and then come in monday to do another ultra sound.  Its pretty scary but I am hoping for a miracle..
I am 16 weeks and I was diagnosed with placenta previa I had bright red blood but now brown and passing some brown clots is everything ok
Hi All!
At 9 weeks suddenly started bleeding with large clots.  I was getting my daughter ready...I felt like I passed something warm ...it was like something jsut dropped in my panties. 1st clot was half size of a golf ball. Second one also, which came out when I wiped and saved in a ziplock bag...thinking I am m/c'ng.  I bled heavily for 30min, after that when I sat or did something had bleeding, if lying down no bleeding. Next day had u/s ....nice heartbeat and baby growing well since the last u/s.  doc said he doesn't know what is causing the bleeding, but there were few clots near placenta.  doc said that cramps were normal? Go home and have complete bed rest for two weeks.   Nothing was done to the clots saved?  I had light spotting at 6th week, which doc said was normal too? After that I have been running around and been going to work.  9 weeks I am bleeding on and off especially only when I wipe and have tiny brown clots and also looks like small old blood residue coming out. Please share if you have anything similar going on?
I am 8wks pregnant (gestational age) 6wks (fetal age) -- doctor not sure of the exact age of the fetus since I couldn't remember the first day of my last mens cycle.

I only learned of my pregnancy Dec 6, 2009 after I did a test at home, which was surprising because 2 OBGYNs have told me my chances of having another baby is very slim because of my endometriosis and poly cystic ovaries.  And because of their diagnosis, I never expected to be pregnant again.  My husband and I is on a "come what may" mantra.  I was diagnosed with endometriosis and polycystic ovaries in Nov 2006 and went for another check with a different OBGYN in another country May 2008 or this year (I couldn't remember).

So anyway, with no expections whatsoever of getting pregnant, I enrolled at a gym since August 2009 and menstrual cycle started to become normal again. (If you have endometriosis, you'll have very irregular cycle or non-existent mens for a few months.)  I started to watch my diet (I don't smoke, I don't drink), go to the gym 5-6 times a week with spinning class and all, plus sauna sessions sometime in October and November.

Then at the last week of November, I started to feel really stressed out every after gym.  I thought it could be due to very early gym session at 6AM!  But then I noticed, as the days went on, I doze off every 9-ish in the morning and only wake up when my 4yo son wakes me up telling me he's hungry.  Ofcourse, I never thought I was already pregnant, so to speak.

Fast forward....

December 11, 2009, was when I first visit and OBGYN (emergency. Was scheduled to see a different one the following day at 10a.) because I had light spotting.  It freaked me out because I immediately remember my mother who had 2-3 miscarriages before my brother said hello world, and she said with those miscarriages, she had spotting.  SPOTTING was the word, and not bleeding.

So there I was at the doctor's clinic, and he did an ultrasound.  He only showed me the fluid and told me I'm definitely pregnant at 6wks.  He was in a hurry and I DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL.  He didn't even check if there was an embryo or something aside from the fluid.  So anyway, he said my progesterone was low so he have me medications, aside from the usual folic acid and other 2 meds for vomitting.  He adviced me for bed rest, no sex, no caffeine and no tea.

Then came Monday, December 14, I was spotting again and this time I went to see another OBGYN (the one who diagnosed me the 2nd time for my endometriosis and polycystic ovaries).  She did a regular ultrasound (outside) and a transvaginal ultrasound.  She confirmed that I am indeed pregnant and she showed me the yolk sac and the fetus.  She even measured the fetus (CRL) and it measured 3.3mm with EDD August 9, 2010.  She said she couldn't hear the heartbeat as it's still early and that I have to see her again on the 29th December.  She changed my progesterone medication since the first one felt I was drugged every time I take it.  She gave me the same advice; no sex and bed rest.

Spotting lighten up until Wednesday night, then the following day, December 17, I could see bright red blood every time I wipe. It alarmed me again, but told myself to relax and stay in bed with both feet up the wall, and still continue with my progesterone.  It stopped when night time fell, but I could see red blood spotting again the next day and with not just brownish clot/tissue, but red blood meatlike discharge and smells of fresh blood.  (I did have tiny brownish clots prior to this but it didn't cause me any alarm because there wasn't any smell at all).

So went to see her in the afternoon and had another transvaginal ultrasound.  The yolk sace and fetus were still present, (no heartbeat still), but it has grown to 3.8 mm in 4 days (atleast it has grown).

Then she told me I could miscarry the baby.  She gave me options of having progesterone injected, which could only last for 2 days and a blood test, which will be ruled out when I go for an injected progesterone.  The dreaded part was when she made me decide on which option I'd choose.  And you know what I've chosen?  None at all.  

I didn't mention about the blood test and told her that there's no point for me to have progesterone injected on me when it'd only last for 48 hours and would only double the hormone only on those days and after that it'll go back as to what my body is producing.  And so I'll have to just continue taking my progesterones orally.

Then just a few hours back while endlessly searching the web on miscarriages, bleeding and clotting during pregnancy, it suddenly hit me, out of nowhere.  What if, I'm having a molar pregnancy?!  Signs and symptoms of it are the same as of being pregnant, with bleeding and stuffs.  I'm hoping it's not, and that what I'm having inside is a real and growing fetus.

All I could do now is wait and pray couple that with complete bed rest for the next 48 hours (husband is here so no chores to worry and child to attend to).  I'm just trying to stay optimistic despite and inspite of these experiences that I'm going through.  We never expected that I'd pregnant, yet I am.  If He has given me this child unexpectedly, then I know in my heart I'll go on with this pregnancy until I'm due to deliver it in August next year.  If not, then His will be done.  Atleast my husband and I know that I could still conceive... that I could still get pregnant despite the doctors' findings.

I call this a miracle pregnancy.  And if he/she will go on to grow healthy and with a heartbeat, then he/she is truly a miracle baby.

Sorry for the really long post. This is supposed to be in my personal blog, but I'd like to share it here.  

I am still hopeful.  

Signed,
krv

I am so happy that i was pregnant as me and my husband had been trying for 20 months. At 5 1/12 weeks pregnant i started with bleeding when i wiped and phoned the NHS who advised me if it got worse to go to A&E. The day after i woke up and was bleeding (like a normal period). I went to hospital and theydid a internal and my cervix were closed advised me that due to it been christmas day and bank holiday they couldnt book me in for a scan until 4 days later i dont think i can wait that long please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Everyone. I am currently nine weeks pregnant. I started bleeding 2 weeks ago quite heavy bright red blood. I assumed the worst had happened and went along to the hospital. After a scan i was reassured the baby was fine there was no bleeding from anywere round the baby and they did not know were the blood was coming from. the bleeding has started again since and i have severe back and stomach pain and i am passing liver like clots. I am currently awaiting another scan praying everything is fine! Anyone had similar experience? Wishing everyone good health and good luck!
Hi all, im having very similar problems, I started spotting 2 weeks ago, very light at 1st and only after sex. I then started with mild cramping socontacted nhs direct and was adviced if it got any heavier to go to a&e.....well it did. I went to a&e and was sent home after being very QUICKLY examined and had scan booked for 2 days later at EPU. Anyway went to epu (20th dec )and was told that I was measuring in at 5-6 weeks altho heartbeat could not be detected yet, this was a VERY distressing time as I was under the impression via last period calculations with doc that i was 9 weeks??? was told it seemed like SOMETHING was going on but to be sure i had to go back  the following week or so (29th).
The bleeding continued to get heavier and heavier and 24th i passed 3 10 pence piece sized brown clots, since then I was having dark brown almost black bleeding with small clots and what seemed like blood streaks??, which gradually got worse.
dec 27th woke up feeling very wet, went and checked my pad and was bleedy pretty heavily more red blood, pretty much like a period, during the course of the day it got heavier and passed 4 clots some very large! larger that golf ball size! rushed down to emergency doc to be told to come back the next day without even so much as an examination or even checkin my bloodpressure !!! APPALING TO SAY THE LEAST!!
returned the next day with the requested urine sample that i was told to bring to "double check i was pregnant in the 1st place TUT!! but before leaving the door i passed a huge liver shaped clot! I was examined at the docs (a much nicer symathetic doc this time) and was told my cervix is closed (untidly whatever that means!) but i would be refured straight to epu again to be checked over thorougly. on arrival at epu i was examined again and same thing cervix closed but to return day later for scan as it was bank hol!!! since the huge clot this mornin no blood what so ever! very confused and scared to say the very least!! what could the clots be if not miscarriage? anybody heard of anything similar with positive outcome as i am worried sick :( xxxx
I started spotting yesterday afternoon, and then it got heavier today and I'm passing clots constantly. I should be at 6 1/2 weeks, so the baby should be visible. When I went to the E.R. they did an ultrasound and could not see the fetus. They could see see the sack, but not the baby. So they said I may not be as far along as I thought, having a miscarriage, or have an ectopic pregnancy. Anybody with a similar experience? How did it turn out? I'm 25 and this is my first pregnancy. I'm terrified that I did something wrong and am losing the baby. Any advice??
Thankyou for everyone who has posted it's given me a bit of hope. I am 10 weeks pregnant today and have been spotting all day no clotting and no pain. I have spotted earlier @ week 5-6 and had a scan which showed bub had a good heartbeat but no reason 4 the bleed. I rang the hospital who said if no clotting or pain then bed rest. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I had no bleeding with the other 2.  I hope my bleeding stops soon
I was bleeding for 3 weeks and thought it was a prolonged menstruation. When it got very heavy (pad will soak through in 1-2 hours), I saw my GP who suspected anemia and got a blood test done. Turned out I'm pregnant and he sent me to an experienced gyneacologist immediately due to the heavy bleeding.

The gynea did a transvaginal ultrasound but could not find the fetus, which is strange considering I could be pregnant for 5 to 8 weeks based on LMP. I had a another blood test done (it was about 2 days after my first test), HCG level rose from 1679 to 15473. The rise is dramatic as I read that it usually doubles every 2 days, and mine is almost a 10x increase. Bleeding continues, though lighter with small blood clots.

Yesterday (4 days later), I had another blood test and ultrasound. Again, hcg level is higher at 23000 but the doctor still could not find the baby on ultrasound. He strongly suspects ectopic pregnancy, though could not see it implanted in the tubes as well. He thinks it's better not to wait anymore, and scheduled a laparoscopy for tomorrow and possibly remove the fetus if it's not implanted at the right place.

My husband and I really want this baby and I'm still hoping that it could be a viable pregnancy. Also, even though I bled through the past few weeks, I have not experienced any major pain, which is usually associated with ectopic pregnancy. Could anyone of you please advise if it's possible to have undetected fetus on transvaginal ultrasound even at a late stage (6 - 8 weeks)?

have u tried layig  with ur feet propped up higher then ur heart when u started bleeding it takes pressure off the cervix and   uterus and in early stages of misscarage can some time prevent it from happening
well i was in the ER lastnight trying to figure out why i was bleeding. i had a m/c 9months ago and i have two healthy children that i had no problems with during my preg. i am 5 1/2 weeks and started spotting just when i would wipe, at 1st blood red, then light brown, then blood again wit a small clot.I had mild cramping kinda feeling like i was going to start my cycle. called my doctor and was told to go to ER to get an ultrasound. The ER dr checked for infection and cloting disorders anything that could cause bleeding.after the vaginal ultrasound he said everything was still there and looks like it sould for 5 weeks and 3days. i was put on pelvic rest and told to watch the bleeding. yea it *****, i hate to be negitive but i pretty much know whats gona happen.. i just dont understand why all the sudden after two healthy kids this keeps happening. i'm only 28yrs and stress is really high right now, maybe thats why
Hello all,

I am about 6wks and 3days according to lmp.  started noticing pink spotting last week which then progressed to brown/red at times.  Went to Ob today because i am a nervous nelly, never going through this with my first pregnancy.  Dr. said cervix is closed.  Transvaginal ultrasound showed yolk sac but no fetus, measuring 5w5days.  Doc said could be 1 of 2 things:  early pregnancy so i am scheduled for another Ultrasound on monday, or a missed pregnancy.  I was told I just have to wait.  Any thoughts?  I am upset, walking around like a mope and have a 3 1/2 yr old to take care of.  I feel like the life was sucked out of me and yet there is a chance everything could be okay.  
I've recently found out that  i am 5 weeks pregnant. The day before i found out i began to bleed. i originally thought that this was due to having 'loop diathermy' treatment to my cervix after an abnormal smear. I visited the nurse and doctor numeorus times and they both said that the bleeding was a result of my treatment and also due to an infection that i had contracted after the treatment. i was given antibiotics which has helped, however the day after i started taking them i found out i was pregnant. The doctor has changed my antibiotics however i have now started to bleed heavier and today have passed a small clot of bright red blood. I have experienced no pain and the blleding has now slowed down and is pink in colour. I have another appointment this pm with the doctor and have been told to rest, just in case this is indeed a miscarriage. I am so worried as this is my first child and myself and my partner have been trying over a year? Has anyone experienced the same?
iam about 9weeks and istrtd heavily bleeding and cramping the cramping lasted untill the 3rd...but the bleeding is still happining...did iloose my baby...my lower abdomen feels um comfortable and sore...plzzz im only 17 with no help wat do i do???
i was bleeding had a scan on the 3 they said that the baby was very low in the uterine cavity, almost at the cervix fetal heartbeat present . however the sac is low that a miscarriage would appear inevitable. i hope it will be ok but on the 4 at 4:30 i had a miscarriage. got to got back to for a scan i the 9 ti see whats going on.
Hi All,

Well, it seems to be quite a common occurance, but what is more frustrating than anything else is that no reason can be given for this bleeding and clotting.
I will be 10 weeks tomorrow and started to bleed about 9 days ago. At first it was just bright red when I wiped, which naturally alarmed me. I'd been having a bit of bark brown/pink spotting etc, which seemed to be quite normal, but this was fresh blood. I immediatedly called my doctor and made an appointment to see her the next day. On examination, she said that I was bleeding a bit inside my cervix but a transvaginal ultrasound showed that the baby was ok and heartbeat was good. I was told to take a week off work and to rest.
Everything seemed ok for the next 5 days, but during that evening I started to bleed bright red again with a tiny bit of a blood clot. About 3 hours later it happened again, but this time a larger quantity and also a blood clot the size of a 10p. No cramps or discomfort. Went straight to A&E where they took my blood pressure (all ok), took urine and blood samples, examined me externally and internally and did another scan. Again, baby was ok. The report stated that whilst there was no more bleeding upon examination, that my cervix was engorged and bled slightly upon contact with a tissue swab. Once more, they told me to rest and have put me down as "threat for miscarriage". This happened on Monday, it's now Friday and I've had 3 more bleeding episodes since (one of those with another golf ball sized clot).
I was told last year when I went for my smear test that I had a small fibroid on the outside of my uterus but that it would not cause a problem if I wanted to get pregnant. I thought that all this bleeding could have been due to the fibroid, but this was not mentioned on the Emergency Report.
This is my first pregnancy and I'm 36 years old.
It seems to be pretty much a waiting game now, to see if the bleeding subsides. My next scan is scheduled for 8th March, but if I carry on bleeding in large quantities over the next few days, I'll definitely be going back to the docs to see what's going on!
Will post more on this thread as the situation develops.
i will be 6 weeks this friday. i had spotting a few weeks ago & went thru the whole ordeal of the doc telling me that it was prolly ectopic b/c my hcg numbers were too low. but they were still rising. & the 3rd ultrasound showed a gestational sac. & the ultrasounds did not show anything in my tubes or anywhere. well now, yesterday, i started bleeding like at the end of a period. it was all brown at first. covered the toilet paper when i wiped. & then after a bowl movement (twice yesterday) it was bright red blood & clots. & today after my bathroom visit the same thing. its not soaking thru pads tho. just gets a little on it. but its mostly just when i wipe. i had cramps yesterday but then they stopped. havent called the doc yet. shes so negative, i just havent wanted to deal w/ it. i'll call in the morning. i just hope that my cervix is closed & i get a miracle that i've been reading about that has happened for others.
I am currently 8 weeks and also begin passing clots yesterday. After the trip to the ER I was told pregnancy is in progress and I saw my baby's heartbeat. Doctor told me I should carry full term and couldn't really give me a reason for the bleeding other than my placenta being low? Its scary and all I can do is pray for the best outcome. Good luck to all you strong women dealing with this.
i am considered 5 weeks pregnant with LMP but am technically only 3 weeks from when i conceived.  since yesteday at 4:30 pm (it is now 8:56 am) i have been bleeding and passing clots.  i have no pain, very slight cramping (which i have had all week) and have not had to worry about changing a pad.  it is more then spotting as there is blood evrytime i go to the bathroom and on the pad itself. i am terrified that it might be a miscarriage.

Just thought I'd give an update since my post of Feb 19th. A few days after I had posted the bleeding finally subsided and then stopped. All was clear for a week and then, after a particularly stressful and hectic day, I had another bleeding episode which lasted a day and then stopped. Just wondering whether it's your body's way of saying, "Hey, slow down, stop stressing out and take things easy. You're growing a baby, remember?" Anyway, I'm now 13.5 weeks pregnant, I've had a 12 week scan and 13 week scan (am doing private and social) and all is fine with the baby.
Hopefully, that's the last I'll see of the bleeding until the big day!
I am 36 years old and we just started trying last month in Feb.  We have a 2 year old daughter, I knew I was pregnant and I found out on Tuesday March 23rd when I finally got a positive preg test.  Then I started bleeding that day just a little and on Wednesday passed 2 small clots kind of stringy and finally quit bleeding today (Sunday)  I had a blood test done on Thurs and my hcg was 25 they are doing another one Monday to see if it went up and I am praying for a miracle.  I have been trying to hope for the best but have been afraid to for fear of more disappointment when I go to the doctor on Tuesday.  ( I go for my first prenatal exam)  I just pray my numbers went up and that I am still pregnant.  I still have the pregnancy symptoms so far.  I wish everyone else well too and thanks for all of your input.  I appreciate it.  I will keep you posted.  
I recently found out iam pregnant according to 7 pregnancy tests because of a missed period. I went to the doctor about two weeks ago and got a faint pregnancy test. The nurse waited about 3-5 mins and it showed a positive clear result. I have had a previous m/c last year in oct. I had experienced severe cramping, spotting every other day,not even heavy bleeding to soak a pad.so much pain that I had to go to the er. They did bloodwork and my hcg levels were high and rising. They also did a u/s and saw a embryo sac with nothing inside. I was told it was an missed abortion. At that point I had to have been 6-7 wks far long in my pregnancy. I was told to come in about two days later for an d&c. When I got home the pain was unbearable that I went back to the er  and they suspected an etopic pregnancy. I had to have surgery to check my ovaries and they didn't find a fetus but a cyst on left ovary. It was removed and as for the pregnancy it was in fact a m/c....as of now iam having mild cramping, and this past monday I had a very tiny clot come out of me, and every time I went to use the bathroom that evening I would wipe and there was light spotting. I did have intercourse two days prior to my spotting Im thinking that's what brought about the spotting. It has since that day stopped and I have some cramping every now and then but nothing as severe as last year. Im feeling good just relaxing my body Iam staying positive& praying for the best and I have my first prenatal dr. Appt next tue. I hope everything goes well. This would be my second child, I have a four year old. Me an hubby want another baby. Just let you ladies know If you have any severe pain and spotting its best to go to er and not sit and let it wait. Your life is on the line as well as the baby you are carrying. Don't jepordize that for anything.  With love and hope I wish everyone the best. :-)
I'm five weeks and was sent to the ER by the urgent care last night because they suspected ectopic pregnancy due to a variation in my hcg blood and urine levels.  Six hours in the ER, being poked, prodded and blood test revealing an hcg of only 5.6 (under 5 is considerd negative for pregnancy) and they sent me home.  I'm to go back in 48 hours for further testing.
I tested positive on an ept four days ago, so how is my hcg at 5.6?  It's supposed to be in the thousands by week five.  U/S showed nothing.
Now I am seeing bright red blood only when I used the restroom, nothing on the pad.  No pain.  I'm assuming this is just a chemical pregnancy.  I hate not knowing though!
I am very thankful to have three beautiful children and to have never gone through a miscarriage.  I know that if this is done it's done and it could have been much worse.
My prayers are with you mummies that are further along and still experiencing this state of limbo and with those that are going through the heartache of a m/c.
hi i went to the doctor an found out that i was with child  they told  me to come back in aweek well i did an my h c was in the 30s  an it was to be in the thousands   well i went home that night  i started  bleeding an cramping  but i went to sleep the next day i went to the rest room only to wipe an the a blood clot that looked not right so i called the doc we went in took more blood they say that they will call but its  might be  a m /c or a tubal i never had one of those so dont knoe what to expect  i have a son  an adauther  16 an 13  we had our tubes untied to have other one  any no what i should expect or just wait to see
I'm 25. And i'm 11 weeks into my 3rd pregnancy. My first pregnancy was in 2004. With twin boys. Everything was normal until my cervix dialated at 23 weeks. They sutured me up. Was in the hospital for a week. Went home on bedrest for a week. Started having contractions again. So i was admitted to the hospital. I was there for a week before i got up to go to the bathroom one day. My son ripped a hole in my cervix and was born at 26.5wks. His brother was c-section 30min later. At 7 weeks the youngest passed away. The oldest is 5 now but had suffered a stroke while i was pregnant with him or shortly after birth.

My second pregnancy in 2005 was just as scary. I was 8wks pregnant with my daughter when my then bf and igot in a huge verbal fight. I lied down in bed and after a minute I was beeding bad. I went to the toilet to clean up and passed a clot the size of a baseball easy. At the er they did an ultrasound  my baby was fine. But they found a cyst the size of a melon on my left ovary. I had no more bleeding or clotting but they did surgery at 14wks to remove the cyst. It turned out to be a tumor and they removed my left ovary and tube. Was on rest for 6wks. Went to work again and worked until 32 weeks when I started contracting and dialating so they c-sectioned the next day.

Now I'm 11 weeks into my third. At 5wks I had a bleeding episode after intercourse the day b4 my Dr.s visit. I informed him and he said it was normal. No more sex and sent me for an ultrasound because I felt like I was 8 wks in size. The us showed i was 5wks. My uterus was prolly larger from scar tissure from c-sections. I have had on and off spotting daily since. Ranging from dark brown to pink to red usually with small clots. I visited again at 9wks, which the dr seemed alarmed cuz my hgc levels were low so they tested again and were at 78k. He said everything was fine come back next month. But I'm still passing tiny clots almost everytime I use the restroom. And will pass dime size or stringy clots almost daily. I have normal cramping, and pregancy symptoms. My morning sickness and breast tenderness just arn't bad like the previous two. I figure the clots are being pushed out as my baby gets bigger bc I normally pass large clots during regular cycles. And my levels are low because i have 1 ovary doing the work of two. But until I hear a heartbeat I worry. And I'm waiting until next month to have another us. I try not to stress bc if i do mc nothing can be done to prevent it anyway. Praying all goes well for myself and all. Take care.
i found out i'm pregnant two weeks ago eight days ago i had bright red steaking only when i went toilet only couple little spots on panty liner. For past three days only spotted couple times when go toilet. Had miscarriage six weeks ago and have fallen straight away again so wondering if this has anything do with it. Had scan but too early see anything so off docs today maybe blood test make sure everything cool i have three other children this is my first bleed whist pregnant so freaking out. All u other girls try stay positive what will be will. Good luck. Hugs tracey.
i'm 21 yrs old i had a prior miscarrige in sept of 09 i was15 weeks pregnant now i'm 12 weeks pregnant and i have been bleeding now for 4 days 1st 3 days were light but the 4th day i passed a blood clot is it possible im having a m\c i have a dr appt this week i pray to God everything is okk how could dis happen again i dont think i would be able to deal with it
I am 13 weeks along and have hade spotting and small clots since about 5 weeks.  Doc thinks my placenta is not fully attached at the bottom, otherwise all else is fine.  I heard the heartbeat on doppler at 10weeks as well as on US at 6 and 8 weeks.  I am so worried though.  My heart goes out to all of the moms that have had MCs.  I have an appt with Dr in 6 days and cant wait to hear the heart again.  This is my second pregnancy, I have a 4 y/o that is so excited.  My first pregnancy was so easy in comparison.  Good luck to all of you out there,  crossing my fingers and praying for all =)
I am 21 and found out i was pregnant 2 weeks ago after a week i started spotting it was light then started getting heavy one day then light the next after 5 days i went to to emergency room have a internal ultrasound and they said everything looked fine i am 8 weeks along and got to hear and see the heart beat. I now have been spotting for 11 days and it just seemed today that i got heavy again today. i am really scared this is my first pregnancy and they doctors said its a 50% chance i will carry full term. i just keep praying everything will be okay i keep reading stories on the internet about woman like me and everything turned out great just to give me that hope.
i am 8 weeks pregnant, today i started bleeding and clotting...1 doctor told me i av nuthinkto worry about as long asi dont need to wear a second pad and have heavy bleeding , my bleeding was bright red and there was some clotting...but the bleeding only showed when i wiped myself. I went to hospital as this is my first pregnancy and the doctor there said i may be having a miscarrige......at the moment i am confused and dont know wot to think or do...im now waiting for my scan which hould hopefully confim ot is going on....after reading some f these comments i feel alot my confident in my self..i am 19 by the way :S
I should be 7 1/2 weeks by now, but when I started spotting and cramping I went to the ER.  After a beta HCG test they thought maybe I was only 5 weeks.  They did an internal ultrasound and found an embryo that they didn't think measured close to 5 weeks.  They scheduled me an US in a week to see how the baby is growing, but the next day after ER trip  one I was back with red spotting and unbearable cramps.  They gave me 2 types of pain medication and send me for another beta HCG test.  My levels are exactly the same.  The day after my second ER visit I began passing huge blood clots.  I cried all day and am pretty sure I'm not pregnant anymore.  My chest isn't swollen or sore anymore either.  They told me not to go back to ER until I could fill 2 pads in 2 hours, but how could 6 HUGE clots not be a MC? I still have an ultrasound in 5 days but, I just know my baby is gone. Guess I should have waited to paint the room yellow :(  
hi
i had ivf and i got a positive result .
but next day i started spotting and bleeding after 1 day . I had my beta hsg test and the levels were increased so doctor said just rest wait and see .
i am very worried can anyone advise me what to do plzzzz
My husband and I had slow soft intercourse last night and right after I began to bleed bright red blood with just a little bit of clots.  This morning only when I use the restroom and whip I see light brown.  I am worried because I have had three miscarriages in the past.  Even thought I have no cramping and still have tender breast and very tired, I am still worried.  I dont know what to think.
I'm 11 wks preg. and on Fri night ( still 10 wks) i bled a little dark red blood in my underwear and got out a pad. I spotted more red blood but not much and I would also see light pink on toilet paper after i went to the bathroom. The next day i was still spotting but now it was brown blood and I passed 2 small clots. Since it was a saturday i went in to urgent care and the doctor saw that the cervix was closed with some brown blood around it which she called old blood but it looked fine. They did a blood test and my HcG was good and high. She used a doppler to check the baby's HB and couldn't find anything but she said she hadn't expected to and that it was too early. I was told that for some people bleeding during pregnancy is normal and since I'm not experiencing any cramps or heavy bleeding everything should be fine. I'm still worried sick and i have my first prenatal visit tomorrow and their going to make sure my HcG is higher than it was on sat and give me an u/s. Nobody i know bled during their pregnancies...and what about the clots? I am so nervous something is wrong and 1:00 tomorrow isn't coming fast enough sigh. Anyway, I wish you all the best 9 months with a healthy baby soon after!xx I'll post again with my results.
Sigh.. i have no idea what to think anymore. I haven't been bleeding but the other day i passed another brownish clot after going to the bathroom. My HcG yesterday was 67,000 and on Sat it was at 72,000 so it dropped. They didn't have any u/s available so i have to go in tomorrow to actually make sure everything's ok. After hours of reading online i found out that after 10 weeks your HcG can start to stabilize and drop... so maybe thats whats happening?? All my pregnancy symptoms are progressing like normal so i'm so confused and stressed out!! I guess i can only hope that tomorrow i'll be able to see my baby's heartbeat and everything will be fine.
Hi everyone. I am almost 6.5 weeks pregnant. When I went for my 1st ultrasound, at 6w3d, they did a transvaginal us and told me that my  baby's heart rate was 105 and that was lower than expected and that I should be prepared for a loss. Yesterday I started noticing brown blood from my vagina and definitely clots- not huge, but menstrual blood like brown clots and one bright red clot. Its been continuing today too. I am soo worried. This is my 1st pregnancy and we really really want this baby. I have also told everyone in the family and both my spouses and my parents are eagerly waiting for a grandchild. Please help me if you know anything about this. I also notice that the breast soreness I had previously, is no longer present and my nausea has significantly reduced. I have no major cramps or pain yet.
I want to write this because it seems no one is telling u what happens when u DO miscarry. . The morning before I was at the doctors and got a blood test that was 250 hgc. I was pregnant. I woke up the next morning and wiped and there was blood, so I went to the hospital, they took another blood test and the count was the same, which is a bad sign because every day it is suppose to go up. I had only mild cramping but was bleeding more. I went home and was instructed to lie down and rest. I did! Suddenly my cramping was alot stronger and last about 4 mins and went away. I feel asleep. When I got up I went to the bathroom and there a large stream of very red blood. Like when you go to sleep on your period and wake up the next morning and it pools out of you. I know you all know what Im talking about. I was certain that was a bad sign. About and hour later I went to the bathroom and a long clot was lying on my pad, which I actually picked up and felt. I felt like a hardened gushy egg york. I miscarried. I stupidly took a pregnancy test that night hoping I was still pregnant, even tho all signs pointed to not. It said I was still pregnant but only 1-2 weeks. All the other pregnancy tests said 3-4 weeks. When I talked to my doctor (after giving myself false hope, even tho I felt that I was empty from within), she said u still carry the hormone that will say a test is positive. She is certain I am not pregnant 100%. I will got to the hospital to make sure, but she is sure the blood result numbers will go down. Hope that helped. I am tramatized and a complete mess and am angry at the world right now. This suks and was the scariest thing that ever happened to me especially since I am 35 and have been trying for a year to get pregnant, I knew for less that a week and it has been ripped from me. GOD IS DEAD
im about 12 weeks now and ive been spotting dark red the past 2 days.it doesnt go through my panties but it does show when i wipe. me and my husband have been sexually active from when i was about 3 weeks into the pregnancy til i started bleeding. (about 3-4 times a week). idk what to do! did anyone else experience the same problem?
Hi Ginger:

Since your post I have been wondering if you had an ultrasound to confirm everything. Your doctor should not have said on the phone she was sure of a miscarry without ultrasound. This is where you will find out for sure. I know you are frustrated. Have you had an ultrasound since your scare. My sister had exact same issue as you and was told she miscarried. The hospital gave her some pills that was supposed to flush her womb but she refused to take them. Strangest thing happened, she woke up several months later with the worst pains in her life and went to the ER only to find out she was in labor. She was utterly shocked. She was crowning as well. Hospital did not have time to give her an epi for the pain. She gave birth to a healthy baby boy. She was totally unprepared for this moment. For you and for anyone who is reading. Don't believe anything until you have an ultrasound for final proof. Praying for you and all in this forum.
Hello ...2 weeks ago I found out I was 4 and a 1/2 weeks pregnant..I had an u/s a few days later and there was no yolk sac no heart beat ..I was told I was very early and he would do another u/s in s few weeks....2 days after the ultra sound I started spotting , then the spotting turned to a dark red blood flow like a period...I had some cramping and a quarter sized clot came out ...I changed my pad 2x's in a couple of hours ...I know all these signs point to
Miscarriage ...any chance it could be serling else , or any chance anyone thinks my baby has made it through :-(?  First child ...unplanned ..but was starting to get excited ...
hi i am about 8 1/2 weeks pregnant. this will be my third child...I started bleeding about 4 days ago, not enough to fill a pad an hour, or however they put it. My breasts are NOT sore i dont feel as though i am pregnant. I went to th ER for it because i am cramping horribly as well. The blood shows up when i wipe mainly, but a lil on a pad. Anyways, when i went to the ER they seen the baby the placenta and the heartbeat was 188!! i have NEVER had a heartbeat like that.. The dr didnt check me but he took my blood to check my hormone level and it was only 5300 he told me to take it easy and get into my OB dr asap and have them check my hormone level again to make sure it doubles everyday....i called but couldnt get in until tomorrow (9-14-10) i went the weekend trying to be strong but i had to go back to a different ER....they couldnt do nothing for me he said if i was going to miscarry then there was NOTHING they could do for me. i had him check my hormone level again and it had dropped to 5200 and i know it is NOT a good thing for it to drop especially when its suppoed to double everyday....i wont know much more until tomorrow when i go to see my OB dr. but can u still miscarry when u hear the heartbeat and such? i get in alot of pain with the cramping and the blleding. i passed a blood clot about the size of a dime it was blood red and today a lil white/greyish lookin stuff came out...i know its awful.... but im afraid :( im 22 yrs old and dont know what to expect...
I am around 8 weeks pregnant and this is my second pregnancy after a MC few years ago. I am through 2 heavy bleeding with clots
I have been in 2 different Hospitals but I did not get any answer why I m bleeding. Finally in the second Hospital I spoke with a Dr. who told me everything is fine with the Pregnancy and the bleeding problably caused by the Placenta as it grows and hit a vein and that is causing the bleeding. So is you have heavy bleeding with clot no need to think the worst but go to see the Dr as soon as you can.
I WENT TO TWO DIFFERENT ER'S TOLD ME TO GO TO MY OB DR I DID TODAY..AND MY bp WAS HIGH 155/88...I TOLD THEM ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED WITH ME AND THEY SENT ME TO THE THE LAB TO GET SOME BLOOD WORK DONE. I ASSUME I WILL KNOW THE RESULTS TOMORROW... I HAVE TO BE BACK UP AT THE DR OFFICE FOR AN ULTRASOUND, SO I WILL KNOW MORE THEN. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF MY HORMONE LEVEL IS DOUBLING LIKE IT SHOULD IM REALLY NERVOUS! I HOPE IT GOES WELL I STARTED BLEEDING EVEN MORE TODAY AND THIS WILL MAKE DAY 5. I HAVE TO USE A HEATING PAD TO EASE THE PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK...IT FEELS LIKE IM GOING TO START MY MENSTRAL CYCLE... :(((( I CRIED ALL AFTERNOON...IM STRESSING BAD....
just to let y"all know i miscarried this morning...was all alone.. the worse thing i have EVER BEEN THROUGH! :(
im so sorry :'( god be with you girl i know its the worst feeling in the world i dont know what to say just that im truely sorry
I had my period the 24august and it ended 28th 3days later i had a light bleeding when i wiped but didnt need a pad this made me start wondering and i took 4 home pregnancy test of all of them were apparintly positive even though the second line was faint, the spooting has been going on now 18days but i believe its called implantation bleeding also read that it coild last up 2 a month, so i went for blood test seeing this was m first experience and i found out i was 4weeks pregnant my mom spoke 2 the docter and they said that my hcg count is very low and that i couldve had a Miscarriage and till today i refuse to believe it and i know my child will be fine have to go back for test on tuesday and end month to see if my hormone count doubles and i pray to god it does, im realy scared but i try stay positive even bought a few thins for my newborn although he/she is stil young im already inlove with my baby i do get cramps but was told that its m body prepairing for the new one and to all those moms going thru what i am juz be strong and remember to get enough rest and folic acid it helps i was told...
Me and my husband have been trying to have another baby. We have a little boy that is 5 yrs old and i had a wonderful pregnancy with him. however i have taken two pregnancy test, the first one was neg, and a few days later i took the other one and it was positive. Thursday i started to spot a light brownish discharge and yesterday i cramped really bad and started passing blood clots the size of quarters only when i wiped.But today it seems like the bleeding  has stoped.  My husband thinks that i just had a false pos test and it is just my period, But it is not normal for me to do that. I am just wondering if i could really be pregnant or if it was truely a false positive test.........right now i can still have hope.....so im really nervious about taking another test and possible it turn out negative.
I do not believe I am pregnant.
20 yrs ago my daughter was born pink and healthy. But I'd had 4 full periods and the rest mini-periods (little bit in pad, sometimes not in pad but on toilet paper when wiping) right up until she was born.
I've only missed 1 full period. The top of my belly area is hard. I seem to always look about 4-5 mos pregnant. Last year while living at mom's I'd passed 3 huge 'things' - not sure if there were blood clots or not. One big spot was as big as my hand, both clear and bloody. It fell on mom's plush carpet so I picked it up and flushed it. Did I miscarry and flush away a possible fetus? Or is it just mucus? I do feel nauseated some mornings - this morning was bad. Never vomit. Just wafts over me. But nausea also happens sometimes after eating. Sometimes in afternoon or evening. I get clammy at those times but they pass. HELP.
i found out i was pregnant last week,i took two home preg.both came back positive,then i went in to see the dct.& recieved the same results.i had told him a couple of days before i took the home pregnancy tests that i had light spotting so he ordered me to get an HCG test which came back at 43.he did a urine test to check for any infections which it came back and said i have UTI ive been taking keflex for it. they did an ultrasound which they didnt see anything because it was way to early to see a sac yet. he didnt see any sign of an ectopic preg.at all,he also said i had no free fluid,and the lining of my uterus was thick-he suggested that if i had any bleeding of cramping to go to the e.r...so as soon as i got home i started bleeding-went to the e.r.they did another hcg test which was 11-they also did a pelvic exam and vaginal ultrasound-during the pelvic exam they dct.said he found a small cyst on my right ovary which was nothing to worry about but he never told me where the bleeding was coming from-he just ordered me to be on bed rest-since i left the e.r.the bleeding stops and comes with some clots,im very concerned and pray everyday that everything comes out ok
hey all,im so confused, scared and fustrated.The last time i got my periods was the on 24th of august,then didnt get any for the month of september i bought a home pregnancy test 2nd of october and it was positive and went to see my doctor on the  4th to confirm and he did another test and it was positive,i have been fine until monday the 25th when i started having pinkish blood i then rushed to see my doctor for a scann but he couldnt see the baby......

He then checked if my cervix is still closed and it was,i ve been on a bed rest since that day and now it seems as if im getting worse each day coz im now getting cramps and clots,could it be im getting my periods now and im not pregnat?i will be visiting my gynae on friday.all i can do now is just praying and hoping for the best....Good luck all.remember God will never give us challenges we cant overcome...
I found out I was pregnant about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I took 4 pregnancy test just to be positive. Three days ago I started bleeding pretty heavy and have a good bit of clots. so I thought (MISCARRIAGE). I went to health department yestersday and they gave me a pregnacy test and it came out negative... They told me to come back in two weeks. So on my way home I picked up a couple test ... I took one last night and the secound line was a lighter color than the other line so I thought I'll just take it in the morning maybe it will be darker, well I took it .. It look just like the one from the night befor..... I'm just so confused this is my first pregancy so I really don't know much.... Any thoughts
I am 7 weeks and I have been bleeding bright red blood for four days now, I have been to the hospital, had an ultrasound which was good I heard the hear beat. I am so stressed I keep thinking I'm going to have a miscarriage. Although this is my first pregnace and I'm not sure what to expect, I have been told not to stress and that bleeding is common in early pregnancy. Has anyone got any advice
-I'm 28 years old. This is my 2nd pregnancy. I'm 11 weeks and 6 days. I have a 6 month old son.

-Last night about 10:30pm I went to the bathroom. When I wiped I had red blood with a blood clot in the toilet. I put on a pad and went back to bed to lay down for a bit. I couldn't sleep but I rested for a bit then went back to the bathroom about 11:30pm that time when I wiped I had brown blood. Went to bed and slept through the night.

-About 6:30am I went to the bathroom and things were good. My 6 month old son and I had a small nap until time for breakfast around 8:00am. I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I had two small blood clots and red blood. This time I had period-like cramps. I called the doctor and asked them what I should do and what actions I should take. They wanted me to come in. Went to the doctor (the emergency doctor on call) all she did was talk to me and I did hear the heartbeat but she didn't do a perlvic exam or a pee check. Just told me that there are many reasons on why I could be bleeding and that I needed to get plenty of rest.

-Nothing ever gets on the pad.

-I have a NT ultrasound Friday morning. It makes me want Friday to get here in a hurry.

-Ugh, I wish doctors could find out exactly whats wrong instead of making me feel like i'm out in limbo or lala land. I'm pregnant I would like answers when it comes to me and my baby's heath and well-being.
I just found out I was 4 to 5 weeks pregnant. I started light spotting soon after then heavier bleeding. I have passed clots since my ER visit and am on pelvic rest. I'm terrified cause I don't want to lose my baby. I know God has a plan for me and my hubby. its refreshing to know I'm not alone.
I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I woke up this morning and passed a small blood clot and it frightened me. This is my first pregnancy. I did some research online and it seemed to be anywhere from normal in some women, to a good chance of miscarriage. So nervous about losing the baby, I rushed to the ER. The doctor ran blood tests on me, checked the level of my hormones and did a pelvic exam. Everything came back okay and they couldn't find anymore clotting. I have light spotting only when I pee and no cramps whatsoever. The doctor asked I come back in two days to recheck my hormone levels and if it's still increasing everyday like it should be, the baby should be fine.

And I have to wait with the weight of that sitting on my mind.. It's scary.
I just want to know my baby's okay like any mother would. Any advice?
I'm not sure how far along I am. I am guessing 4 to 5 wks now. I've had bleeding, cramping, & saw small clots, even a clear looking half stringy thing that was mishapened. My last period was on Oct. 7. I really don't think I concieved until the end of Oct., maybe 22 or 23rd. This will be my third pregnancy. My husband & I have 2 healthy baby boys. I had light bleeding w/ our 2nd son & doc couldn't explain why. I went to the er on friday & they did blood work & test my levels they had risen & ultrasound only showed a sac. I was placed on bed rest until seeing my reg. ob/gyn. I had an exam on tues. w/ my doc & blood work was down w/ my hcg levels rising again. I have an ultrasound scheduled in 2 wks. I'm scared. But have been praying & researching. I want to be far enough along to see an actual baby, if I haven't miscarried. I've never had a miscarriage & worried w/ all the cramping & clots maybe that happened. Has anyone had this happen & go on to have a healthy baby?
I am updating my situation in hopes that it may help someone else. I got no answers until my ultrasound. doc appt. on dec. 7. U/S tech found my baby who was 8 wks forming well and heart beat of 144. But she kept looking and saw it was in my right fallopian tube. So the same day I found out my baby had a heart beat, I was immeaditly rushed to the ER for laprasocpy. I had never had any type of surgery in my life & was horrified. I expierenced an Ectopic Pregnency, not a threatened miscarriage as doc was saying. I was bleeding, spotting, clotting,cramping, pelvic pain & hurting so much because my baby was in my tube. I wanted to go on & let my baby live. But they said I would have bled to death & we both would have died. I felt like dying then. The only thing that keeps me going now is my family. I am devasted.
my heart goes out to you  i know exactly what you are going through  for i am going through the same thing.i have been bleeding for about a month but just yesterday it started i started bleeding  very bright red up until it was always brown.it never made it to my underware  only when i wipe. i also have notice that i only bleed when i am about to pass a clot i have a appointment tomorrow. am praying to god everything goes okay i am very scared. may god bless you and your unborn. hope everything turns out okay for you as well
I hope everything went ok for you. My husband & I are trying again to conceive next month. I still don't have answers to why I had an Ectopic Pregnancy. I didn't fit the normal profile for it. But, there will be an 8 wk old angel waiting for me in heaven. All I can say is keep praying & hoping. Even as I typed my previous post, I felt my life was over. But it does get a little better. Keep the faith.
I am going through the same thing. We go to the doctor for the second time this week to test my hcG levels. I'm not very positive, but am trying to stay upbeat until tomorrow's results. Glad to have such encouraging words like the ones on this forum!
Hi Everyone!
Hope everyone had a Happy New Year. I recenly lost my on Coner at 18 weeks August 2010 due to PPROM. My water broke and I never went into labor. The doctors have no answers as to why it happened and are calling it a fluke thing.... I found out in Nov that I am expecting again. All was well until Dec 14th. I started bleeding at work and it has not stopped since. Blood clot after blood clot. The doc has done a few ultrasounds and he says everything looks ok with the baby but it just makes no sense. He hasn't done any blood work and just told me to stay in bed with my feet up. Everytime I have a bowel movement the blood flow and clots is even heavier. I don't know what to do, Please Help
i am 7.5 wks pregnant. i initially started spotting around 6 wks. went to er, bloodwork was fine and baby was found with a heartbeat, this is at 6.5 wks. today i started bleeding very heavily after passing a silver dollar sized blood clot last night. i went back to er, did ultrasound, baby still fine with heartbeat of 139 bpm, but this in the ultrasound it was shown that i have what you call "bicornuate uterus" in which the uterus can be completely split, or somewhat split and heart-shaped such as mind. the fetus have a 50-63% survival rate and also a risk of preterm labor and breech presentation. the baby can also be born with low-birth weight and also risk for miscarriage. good news is the fetus can also be carried to term especially if fetus grows in the large part of the uterus. i have read stories from mother's who carried to term and delivered healthy babies vaginally. this is what im praying for! and no matter what man says, i believe that God has the final say and have faith that i will carry this baby to term and will deliver a healthy baby without birth defects! God bless everyone and I hope this helps!
I started bleeding heavily last night and was passing little clots. I went to the hospital last night and was waiting to be called in. Half a hour passes and i went to the washroom and as soon as i sat on the toilet huge clots came out. I screamed for the nurse and was told i had a miscarriage. They rushed me into the ER and started doing blood work. I had to wait till morning to have a ultrasound. When i had one the baby was still there and i was soo happy, it had a healthy heartbeat and everything. But i was told my cervix is open so there is a 50/50 chance of me miscarrying the baby. Im so scared, this is my second pregnancy. My first one i had bleeding and carried to full term. Im really scared and dont know what to do? Im on bed rest right now
Is it too early for them to do a cerlage?? Best of luck!!!
I'm 9 weeks pregnant and I have been heavily bleeding for about 3 days now, it all started off with brown gooey discharge and turned into brown blood spotting, to menstrual like period. I probably fill up one pad in a whooole day and I have minor cramps from time to time, never lasting more than a couple of seconds. When I started bleeding bright red, I went to the ER and they gave me an ultrasound and pelvic exam. The pelvic exam showed that my Os/cervix is closed but the ultrasound showed a sack but NO BABY! The ER doctor told me most likely I already had lost the baby or am in the process of losing it OR that I'm earlier than 9 weeks (which really can't be, considering my LMP was Nov. 25th, 2010). So I really don't know which one it is. I have a doctors appointment in the next few days to do a follow up. The ER doctor wants a blood test done by my ob to see if my blood level has gone up meaning the baby is progressing or the blood level has gone done meaning that I either miscarried or am in the process of one. I really hope that my baby is fine, cause I already experienced a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and it tore me apart, this is my second one and it's going the same way as my first one.. I'm hoping and praying for the best....
im going through the same EXACT thing, im so confused.....smh. i wish you the best. your not alone
hi i am 3 months pregnant and i am bleeding and haveing pains when passing urine i have not seen a doctor pleas advise thanks

Here is my story;  I am 12 weeks pregnant.  I have had 3 miscarriages then my wonderful daughter who just turned one.  This time though it seems so strange.  I started bleeding at 4 weeks and then had a bad one so I thought I had a miscarriage. It was like the others and I had not gone to the Dr's yet because why start everything when I have such a high risk and they can't do anything anyway.  So  I went on and then I had some cramping and a UTI starting.  This was also common for me after the other miscarriages, strange but true.  So my hubby convinced me to take care of it.  So I went and told the nurse and she got mad at me for not getting the miscarriage confirmed.  Ok slap my hand.  So she tested for UTI and pregnancy and what do you know it was positive for pregnancy and negative for UTI.  I said yes the hormone can stay in your body for awhile depending on how far along you are so I was not surprised but she was very adamant.  Ok see the Dr he sets up blood work and ultrasound and does an internal where her confirms yes I did have a miscarriage.  For some reason telling myself I had one was fine but as soon as he confirmed I fell apart.  I went and had the blood work then the ultrasound and the technician said something that prompted me to ask "so the baby is gone and you don't see anything right?" Then she said well I do see something.  I thought oh great now I will need a DNC then she said do you want to see the heartbeat?  I almost fell off the table.  When my Dr got the news he even called me at home.  They think I had twins and lost one.  Ok now I continued to bleed brown discharge but only when I wiped so bad but manageable.  I had ultrasounds and blood work once a week for several weeks then it looked like things were going ok so we took a break.  I then stopped bleeding till last week then Friday night I felt funny then felt something slipping out of me.  I looked in the toilet and it looked like a big clot.  Because I am so crazy right now I say whatever reached in to check and it was a long (if you stretch your thumb and pinky out as far as you can that is how long it was and about half your pinky thick) clot.  It was also dense but obviously not the baby because the last ultrasound sized it as at least an inch round. I thought maybe the umbilical cord possibly or left over stuff from the first baby.  This morning I had more bleeding but no clots.  I am calling the doctor today to get in and the worse part is I just purchased my own business that is fully staffed but I have to be there so no bed rest for me.
am havin same experiece everyone is having.....but my faith is strong because i ve God, 3-5 wk pregnant,started with spottin,cramps. went to the ER where they did a blood test to check my hcg level, came out to 317,they said am still too early in the pregnancy so they cant tell me anythin,they also said that i ve no sign of ectopic pregnancy. 1 day later,was about to ve my night rest when i started feelin wet like blood, went to the bathroom nd their was heavy blood flowing wit a nickle sized clots. put on pad, by the next mornin, the pad was so soaked, i was so scared but at the same time callin Almighty God to keep my baby. the followin day after my finals, wasnt able to concentrate in class, i went to a prenatal clinic where i had a blood work done to check my hcg and progestrone, they told me the result will be up in a couple of day.....so am waitin but i am more relaxed than stressed because i kn God will not disappoint me. will keep u guys updated. to all u ladies out there, i kn wat ur goin thru, u r not alone, just talk to God and let him take control and am sure everythin would be fine. best wishes to everyone and God bless all:)
I had a similar experience, and it's scary as he**. I started brown spotting at 5w1d and continued for 9 days. It stopped for 2 days and i thought I was all done. Then, the next day, I went to the bathroom and started actually heavy, red bleeding, enough for a pad. At the very same time, my symptoms disappeared. I still only had breast tenderness and they just stopped at that moment being tender. I felt totally normal, like I was having my period. i freaked out and called my husband and told him I was having a miscarriage. He came home from work and we went to the doctor. I told them I was having a miscarriage. They did an ultrasound and found a fetal pole, well formed gestational sac, and a strong heartbeat. My doctor said that I'm not out of the woods because I'm still bleeding, but if I can hold on till eight weeks (that's another 9 days) that my chance of m/c will decrease significantly. So, I'm just laying back and relaxing. She put me on exercise restriction, pelvis rest, and flight restriction. I also on Lovenox and baby aspirin and fish oil for a blood clotting disorder. She took me off of all those thing. I am 37 and me and my husband have been trying for this baby for 2+ years. It's our first. We were supposed to start invitro but a big surprise I got pregnant naturally.
I'm 5 weeks and 4 days and today while playing w my neice I started spotting then 4 hrs after a clot came out I'm terrified I've had 2 misscarrages before this one I'm scared I won't be able to cary to ful turm
i'm just speaking out of experience w/ having had 6 miscarriages 2 live births and 1 vanishing twin. when your miscarrying, you usually know it! it's usually out of control bleeding (filling up a pad every 15 mins. to and hr.) and out of control cramps ( to where you can't hardly handle the pain). but i also bled with my son, the doctors thought i lost the pregnancy at 7 weeks, but they didnt realize i was pregnant with twins, and i miscarried one, so thats why my hcg numbers went down. they gave me an ultrasound and saw nothing, i wanted to pass the fetus naturally, since i've already had 3 d&c's.  but i stayed sick and feelin crappy, went back to the doc 5 weeks later , they did an ultrasound and i had  a 12 week old baby in my belly (w/out even knowing it lol). i bled for weeks w/ that pregnancy, clots and all and had him at 41 weeks of pregnancy and he couldnt be healthier!!! so you just never know!! there is hope!!
i'm 7weeks pregnant and i've been bleeding for a week. It is bright red and scary. I went to the er on the second day. They also said my cervix were closed and i followed up with my doc on tuesday 3 days ago. The checked my cervix and did a vaginal ultra sound revealing a heathy baby. About 2 hours ago i passed a huge clot the size of a half dollar. Called my doc she said come in tomorrow via another ultra sound. I'm on bed rest but as a mother of 3 it's been hard resting. What should i do
@ ohsoeasy, sorry to hear wat u are going thru, went thru similar phase and it resulted to m/c, now am ttc. did u go to ur doctor and what happened? hope the embryo was ok. update us on ur success. Best wishes to u.
im 12weeks pregnant.i started spoting on friday the 13th.i was doing some yard work..when i got in the house start to relax thats when i seen alil dot of blood when i wipes after going pee..today it is day 2..i called the doctor that was on call at the hospital on saturday cuz i didnt think any thing of it until day 1..all she had to say was that the placenta was placing and how im a/b negitive i need to go for the rogaine shot..( she said that the babys blood must not be the same as mine so the babys blood cell must of crossed over to my blood) and she asked when i had an ultra sound and i told her monday the 16th..she said just to wait it out until then or if the bleeding started to get heavy then to go to the er to see what was going on..2day been the same.. alil blood when i wiped more redish color then anything.. this is my 4th pregnancy.. had a miscarage a yr after i had my 1st son..didnt have no bleeding with my 1st son or my second son..its scary knowing that there blood coming out and no signs of whats making this happen..sence i dne the yard work i been taken it easy just layen in bed and being lazy..im not that type of person but gotta figure out whats going on befor i start moven around again.. but i wish the best of luck to every women that is going threw all this pain or bleeding but ill keep everyone posted on what they say at my ultra sound tomarrow
I am in my first trimester.  I was very excited to hear I was pregnant until my husband told me to get rid of it or get a divorce.  I was and still am devastated by his reaction as I have helped him raise his two very difficult sons.  Now, I have been having light bleeding with some clots for two days and am trying not to let the stress get to me.  I have no support from my husband and don't know what will become of this relationship.  I went to the emergency room last night and they said I am pregnant took some blood and want me to return for more blood on Saturday.  I just want an answer.  My life is falling apart and this baby was/is the only bright spot I see in my future.
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and had light bleeding a week today I was told I had a bladder infection they gave me teimethopin which my midwife doesnt understand as it's harmful to my unborn baby. On friday I started bleeding but it was light and I've been bleeding since Friday on and off it's been light but sometimes heavy with tiny clots the midwife said women bleed for different reasons and I'm praying the baby is fine I've got a scan tomorrow morning to see if everything is ok and I'm so nervous.
I'm relieved to know that there are actually positive outcomes in circumstances like this. I Had my 1st miscarriage back in December of 2010 I was devastated. Then I found out I was pregnant again. My husband and I were so excited. We decided to have sex 3 days ago since we hadn't since we found out about the pregnancy. As soon as we were done i noticed i was spotting. Me having a previous miscarriage blood automatically freaked me out and i thought i was loosing this one. Me and my husband rushed to the emergency room. The doctor said he felt everything was fine but i insisted he take a look for himself. He was a little concerned about how much i was bleeding but he told me that he felt everything would be fine. He ordered a QuantHTC. I had given blood the day prior because it was my 1st prenatal apt. to confirm my pregnancy. I had to go back the next day (Friday) and give more blood to determine if my HTC levels went down. It is now Sunday and I am very scared because I am still spotting, A little at a time on a pad and i have blood when i wipe. I have passed tiny little clots but when i call my doctor he said it is normal. He said that my bleeding can mean 1 of 2 things. Either my cervix was irritated during the sex and caused slight tearing in the cervix to cause the bleeding. he said if that is the case that it is possible to bleed up to a week maybe longer. He said the 2nd reason could be that i am having a 1st trimester miscarriage. I don't feel it is the miscarriage because I'm sure i would be bleeding a lot more. I am very scared because i have already became attached to this baby and don't want to loose the baby. However i was not told to go on bed rest nor was i give in any restrictions. I have been resting though. I am praying for all of you and i hope that you all get through this!
Hi there, i am 10 and a half weeks pregnant i have been bleeding now 2 weeks i have been to the doctor twice and into hospital once, the doctors say that 30% of women can bleed like this but i and my husband now are so worried and today when doctor in the hospital told us 50/50 chanch of miscarrage (miscarriage) it is my third pregnancy i had two health children in my last two i have changed 3 pads today because of the bleeding ,tha last ultra sound was 2 weeks ago and everything seemed ok i go now hopefuly tomorrow as the doctor done it in the hospital but she could not find a heart beat but she said there machine was not as good as the ones in the clinic i pray that i be ok and if anybody has answers it would be great thanksyou.
Wondering if anyone can help me or has been in my situation. I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant so went in for my dating scan and the sack showed to be 11weeks but the baby only measured 6weeks and had a heartbeat, but a very slow one. I had slight brown spotting from day one of my pregnancy, but its started to get a bit brighter in colour. There's only blood when I go to the toilet or when I wipe. Its awful cos I now have to wait another 5 days for my next u/s. Nurse informed me that I might be 'slowly miscarrying' but I'm not giving up hope as there was still a heartbeat. The blood isn't enough to change a pad every few hours, I have had period like pains but not as strong as my usual pains. I was also informed that I had a bicornate uterus. Hope you all get the good news you were hoping for. Lots of prayers to u all xx
Just an update to let you know that i was rushed into hospital with severve bleeding and cramping and i miscarried at 11weeks. Hope you all have better news than me. Take Care Everyone x x
I am so sorry that so many people have to go through this. It is truly devastating and you can't possibly know until you have gone through it yourself. I miscarried in May and got pregnant right away (not intentionally) and I believe I am in the process of miscarrying again (bleeding and terrible cramps). My husband is amazing and constantly tells me we are in this together, but he has no idea what this is putting me through. The emotional aspect is so draining. I know that there is nothing that can be done given that I was 5 and 6 weeks, but I feel SO guilty! I have a Dr. appt. Wed. I'm just praying that everything passes naturally like it did with the first one. Praying for all of you going through this too, getting pregnant is something every girl dreams about and losing a child is every mothers worst nightmare. I know that in my case they didn't even have heartbeats, but you start bonding immediately! Thoughts and prayers to all of you!
I am 21 weeks an I started spotting about 4 weeks ago. They put me on pelvic rest an did an ultrasound an found out that I have a small separation. About 4 days later I was still spotting an cramping. They ended up putting me on bed rest. Its been about the same ever since. But the bleeding went away. But yesterday I started clotting so I called the doctor an she said it should b fine because the blood has to come out from the separation. But to stay off my feet. So stay off ur feet an maybe the bleeding will stop.
I'm 21 I am 6 weeks this is my first pregnancy..I started bleeding and having horrible abdominal and back cramps  4 days ago I went to the er the first night it started they did an ultra sound the babies heartbeat was 100 bpm and my cervix was closed. they put me on bed rest and sent me home. 3 hours later I was passing big clots and bleeding bright red. Went back to the er they did another pelvic exam my cervix was still closed. They did an ultra sound and the heartbeat dropped to 70 bpm. The dr told me the baby is so low in my uterus that I'm goin to miscarry. The nurse told me that they are sending me home and when I miscarry to come back for a dnc. What I am wondering is, is there anyway that my baby could survive? And if not how long will it take me to miscarry..this is the most horrible thing I've ever been through. If someone could please give me some advice or answers I would be so grateful.
I haven't had a period since April so I thought I was pregnant and I have been having some symptoms. For the past week I've been bleeding not enough to make it to my panties, its usually just when I wipe or during sex, yesterday day during sex I started bleeding really bad, it was everywhere there was so much blood I had to get in the bath tub cause it wouldn't stop. Durin all the bleeding a nickel size little ball come out with stringy things on it, its not like a blood cloth which is why we think it is a miscarriage plus all the blood and I'm still bleeding but only when I wipe. Was that my baby? Somebody please help only me and my fiancee knew about me being pregnant I can't go to the hospital my mom and dad doesn't kno we wasn't gonna tell them til after the wedding which is in 3 weeks, I'm scared, this is my first time being pregnant and if I had a miscarriage what do I do
im 7weeks pregnant 2day and the last 2days i been bleeding bright red blood with large clots i had a vaginal ultrasound and they saw the heartbeat it was 85bpm and couldnt find anything adnormal but im really scared. Can any1 help me am i gonna be ok n wil my baby b fine?
I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I've been bleeding for 4 days, not heavy, but with tiny clots. I wear a panty liner and change a few times a day. I got an ultrasound 3 days ago and it showed that everything was good. I just want an explanation of what's going on inside me. I'm worried sick and feel like everything is not fine. I have so much stress right now and worrying that the baby  isn't safe just adds to it.
Well I did miscarry in the middle of the night. I knew something wasn't right, I must have went for the ultrasound a little too soon and that's why it showed that everything was good.
Well I have been TTC for over a year now I have been on clomid for the past 6mths and nothing this cycle i didnt take any clomid and my cycle seemed to have started early or not even sure if I had a normal cycle yet or what is going on, Well I started spotting on June 18, 2011 and to this day i have been bleeding or spottng light with very small clots, I do not want to test Htp because i dont want to see again that I am not preggo so any sugguestions please?
I ended up miscarrying and now my boyfriend and I are trying to move on. This has been a lot harder on me then it has on him. If anyone who has been through this before has any advice on what to do I would greatly appreciate it because I am lost, I don't know what to do next. thank you
i'm 5 weeks and 4 days. I only found out i was expecting, then tuesday just gone i started bleeding. I went doctors and they said they was happy with my health and not to worry. But i then started passing small clots too. I went back to my doctor and he said this can happen and baby sometimes is absolutly fine and healthy. I have an ultra sound scan on monday so hopefully i see all is well. I really do pray for my babies health and for all you ladies experiencing the same x x
Hey, so I am with you guys, I am 8 weeks pregnant with bleeding and clots. I read online that this is about the time that the placenta attaches to the baby and that it can attach itself incorrectly, causing the bleeding. Most people I have seen who have had that have the bleeding eventually stop because the baby gets bigger and your body fixes itself. Unfortunately for all of us, we are all wondering if we are going to be ok, if baby will make it, but think positive...don't stress yourself out about it because it can make it worse. chin up...we are strong women!!!
Hi. I just found out I was pregnant about a week ago and I have been having light bleeding. But today I saw that it was bright red and its the weekend so I can't contact my doctor. Wat should I do?
It is a relief and answer to prayer that I am not the only one.  This pregnancy has been hard since day 1.  I am a diabetic and I am 38 and my last child was born 16 years ago.  Thank ou for your encouraging words.  I only see blood after I urinate and there has only been dime size clots.  Baby is kicking, belly is growing so I am praying we all see this through.

Christina
13 weeks and 6 days here, passed large clots 2 weeks ago, went for ultrasound, in ER, they said i have a "grossly normal pregnancy" everything is where it's supposed to be and they cant explain the clots. Passed 1 clot and bled this past thursday again, exactly one week after the first time it happened. Again, all blood tests and ultrasound showed a healthy baby with a heartbeat of 163. At first i had low HCG levels (about week6), so i have been in prometrium ever since to keep my progesterone levels high. It's scary when you've seen 3 different docs and no one can tell you why this happens or if everything is going to work out ok. I go back in a week for my routine ultrasound and blood test. Guess its just one week at a time. Did anyone from past posts have this same problem, and it turned out ok? Need answers.....
I am 14 weeks pregnant and I've been bleeding since 12 weeks. the blood has been dark brown. The first night it started we rushed to the hospital. After waiting for 8 hours they did a ultrasound and the baby was great. They found fluid around the uterus which they said could be from implantation. At the bottom of my uterus was another fluid collection. They er put me on 2 weeks bedrest calling it a threatened miscarriage. I was so upset and stayed in bed the next 2 days until my obgyn appt. He said that everything was fine and took me off bedrest saying it was completely normal. He didn't even want to do an ultrasound, but I went ahead and scheduled one anyways for the next day. At 13 weeks,6 days we found out were having a healthy baby boy, the ultrasound tech saw the fluid collection on the left side just like the er had and assured us it was from implantation and would begin to go away. She did however find a collection lower in my pelvic region below the bby. She didn't know what it was and would let the Dr know for our next appt which from then was 2 weeks away. Since then I have been almost continually having small clots and brown gooey blood when I pee. I wear a pantiliner everyday and it never goes thru that. This is my first pregnancy and I am 19. With the bleeding I haven't had any pain. I go in next week and hopefully will get some answers as I can not find any online to this. Seems like so many ppl go thru this but no one really knows:( I'm hoping that the passing of clots and this bleeding is just the bodys way of getting rid of the fluid collection for a healthy pregnancy. If you have any info plz respond. I'm praying for the best, but it is hard not to worry about our son.
I am 37 n I've been spotting since I found out @ 4weeks. Now I'm bleeding cramping n have a uti..the hospital did ultra sound n said the baby is still n the sac but no heartbeat. Doc said I should have a heartbeat @ 6weeks..he sent me home to have a miscarrige n I haven't..just wishin for the best...
I am 19 and am 6w2d. I have been bleeding the entire time. Mostly brown spotting but occasionally if I push myself a little to hard it becomes heavier dark red bleeding. My doctor has done multiple tests and believes that everything looks fine for it being this early. I have had a couple of string-like clots but again the doctor said this can be normal. I have a u/s again tomorrow and getting the results back from my blood tests. I pray that God is watching over my child and me. I hope God blesses me and my fiance with this baby.

I sincerely hope and pray that everyone's ends well. And for those that don't I hope it helps to know that your baby is with the Creator and I know I will be if that is his plan.
Good morning to all you ladies.   I am 7 weeks pregnant.  It was a surprise.  We were not looking. I have an 8 yes old girl and a 4 yes old girl.  I had only the implantation bleeding with both of then.  This time around I started light pink since about 5 weeks and now at 7 weeks the blood is more red and one clot yesterday about the size of a dime. It hardlly ever makes it to my panty.  I have had 3 ultrasound to which all 3 times there has been a heartbeat.  This is all new to me since it did not happen before with my prior pregnancies.  I don't even like calling the doc.  Because all she thinks is that I will eventually miscarry.  I am taking 100 progesterone andmy last hcg was 6000 she said it was low too.  Anyone have any comments that could help.  I an 36 yes old.  Thanks
Hello, I'm 7 weeks 1 day. I recently miscarried in May, but it was a missed miscarriage, and I had no clue. There was no bleeding or cramping, and I only found out at my 12 week US. The baby didn't make it past 6 weeks 3 days. I had to have a D&C, and the whole thing was devastating. Now I'm pregnant again, and instead of feeling pregnant, all I have is cramping and bleeding. I had an US at 6 weeks 1 day and everything was fine, strong heartbeat at 128, but they found a small subcorional hematoma. It's a clot between the placenta and the uterus. I still have some bleeding, not heavy, and have passed one nickel sized clot. My levels are going up, and despite the positive US, I can't help but think i'm going to lose this one too. For all the mothers who have had miscarriages and/or complications... is it possible to think positively about pregnancy? I was so excited last time, and my whole world came crashing down, and as much as I want children, I can't help but feel detached and somewhat negative. Will this ever be a positive experience???
I started bleeding on saturday on monday I went for ultrasound told I'm z 7 weeks pregnant,was referred to hospital cos of heavy bleeding and large clots with heavy contractions.At hospital was told the cervic is stil closed and its good I might have threatened miscarriage/abortion.Pls help
These postings was from quite sometime ago. I'm experiencing bleeding and I have been since I was 8wks pregnant I'm currently 12wks and have gotten 3 ultrasounds everything seems to be perfectly fine. I'm wondering if any of u guys gotten answers to your problems or if any of u carried full term. As most of u guys issues before are mine now I'm 20 and this is my second Pregnancy 1st carried full term.
I am 8 1/2 weeks and started bleeding the other day, with no cramps i went to the hospital and they did an ultra sound but cause it was not the proper ultrasound they could not hear or see a heartbeat, and when i went to the washroom i passed a long mucusy thing and told the doctor , and she said that could be caused by anything beacause i have a bladder infection at the same time, after i got home i passed 2 giant clots and started bleeding heavy and cramps finaly came... should i go back to the hospital a third time? Or can i just let it pass at home i compleatly give up..
(Supposidly 9 weeks)Please help me I started gettin a stabbing pain in the lower left of my abdomen it kept coming an going wednesday night so went to the docs on thurs he did a urine test an sed everythin seemed ok that night I spotted a bit of brown blood then I went 2 bed when I woke on fri the bleeding seemed 2 hav stopped but when I stood up a little came out so I went 2 the hospital they did an ultrasound an suspected I was only 5/6 weeks they cud see the sac an the yolk but no baby yet but they said it could be because it was so small an not 2 panic they told be I would be ok to work (waitressing) as there would be nothin I could do to stop it, on sat night I was in work an went 2 the toilet an just heard 2 splashes looked in the loo an cud just see a lot of blood :( I've had no pain wat so ever since thurs but I presuming I've miscarried what do u guys think? I don't have 2 go back to hosp til the 26th for another scan is there any small chance my baby could still be ok?? I'm still bleeding but not a lot an there are no more clots :s
Hey guys I wanted someone to help me out or if anyone else has been thru this. Me & my bf had intercourse and after I noticed I was bleeding and a blood colt had passed but the bleeding only last for that one night I'm freaking out
OMG! I am going through the same thing exactly! No spotting before the ultrasound now I am and very scared. I too was taking Orthotricyclen and I am 39 years old third pregnancy. Never had spotting with my first two.
OMG! I am going through the same thing exactly! No spotting before the ultrasound now I am and very scared. I too was taking Orthotricyclen and I am 39 years old third pregnancy. Never had spotting with my first two.    Carmon
Hi everyone!the month of october I ddnt get my period and on sat. The 29th I started spotting brown sunday too then on monday I started bleeding and I was cramping really bad when I went to the restroom I passed a large clot! Today is wednesday the 2nd and I havnt spoted yet can I B pregnant! I took a pregnancy test on friday the 28th and it came out negative!
Hi ladies these websites are fantastic,
my partner and i have been trying for a family for around 4 months now..i had been getting all the signs sore boobs, cronic (chronic) heartburn, urinating ALOT and wanting strange foods... i really thought i was pregnant up untill today i got brown discharge and now has turned to a period and cramping we were very dissapointed :( i took a test and said negative... was it just wishful thinking? or could i be pregnant?
I just found out I am pregnant, and am about 4 wks in, but I started spotting earlier today.  It went away, but at the moment has come back and I passed a clot.  I'm really worried, but am glad to know i'm not the only one.  I called the place to set up my first apointment and they said if it gets worse and is followed with cramps then to call back and they'd see me immediately.  
Sore boobs and heartburn can be signs of an oncoming period.  If you tested negative, you could test again in a few weeks, but those tests are pretty darn accurate.  Good luck though.
I am 5 wks and 1 da. I have been spotting brown for 48 hrs and last night I had some red will little clots. I am really nervous cause I do not have HI till the 1st of December. I am really scared. I read these stories and some even give me hope, but I am praying that me and husband could have our first child. we are young, but I had a miscarriage a year ago. I have slight cramps and do no know what to do?
I have not missed my period yet. I just went to the bathroom about 20 minutes ago. Me andmy fiance have been trying to concieve (conceive) for the last 3 months. I had 2 blood clots one about the size of a nickel come out and the bleeding is now light. I usually have light bleeding and then heavy bleeding about 3 hours later. This is the first time I am experiencing cloting like this. Could I be pregnant?
I am around 8 weeks pregnant and last night whilst having a bath i noticed a small blood clot in the bath along with some blood, i was really worried but obviously blood looks a lot worse in water... i'm not bleeding anymore (touch wood) and now just cant wait until my first scan! should i tell the doctor about the small clot? or is it common? my boobs are still sore which is a good thing i'm told? i just hope everything is ok... wish everyone the best!! Take Care! xx
Like hi everyone I me an my boyfriend have been trying to have a baby for while an I was spotting pink an jus to wear when I wiped it showed now I'm bleeding really heavy like I'm having my period an blood clots I'm scared I don't now what this could be also its really uncomfortble for me to lay on my belly like please help me some one
I am 24 and found out i was 5 weeks pregnant on my moms bday(12/12 may she rest in peace) since that day i have been bleeding with small clots and cramping. I went to the emergency room and they told me i had miscarried. But i still feel pregnant and i am still bleeding. This is my first child so i just need some advice. Could i still be pregnant or is my mind playing tricks on me.
~Me~
I'm 30yrs. old and 5 weeks pregnant with my first child.   I'm having scary complications since Dec 23 this week I've had to go to the MW bleeding (first time was moderate, second time was heavier than a period). Cramps have been mild to severe. Both times I thought for sure I was having a miscarriage, but when I got to the Doc. she suggested a blood test to se my hormone labels. and I should rest as much as I can ,I, being resting from Dec23 past Christmas on bed  . The whole thing has been traumatic -- I think it would be much easier to have a miscarriage and start over, but instead we're in this strange limbo.. If you've had a similar experience, I'd love to hear about it. Did you do bed rest? Did you end up having a miscarriage? Did you end up having the baby? What should I know?
okay so today i should be 8 weeks. I started light bleeding last wed the 21st. had blood work done on thursday and they said that my progesterone levels were low so on friday i started taking a shot to help rise my levels then on christmas eve i went to the er because i had started having cramps. They did not have anyone there to do a u/s so they just did a blood test. Said my hcg levels had risen but not doubled (but i have seen where many womens levels do not always double like drs say they should). The ER dr did and exam and my cervix was closed so they said i am a threatend m/c and to go home and rest because it had not happened yet but then christmas day the bleeding kinda picked up and the cramping got worse and then monday it slowed and tuesday i finally felt good enough to get up and do some house work. Then today I got up and the cramps have come back, sometimes on a scale of 1-10 they can be a 10 and other times they are just a 2 or 3. the only time i really see the blood is when i go to the rest room, it hasnt made it to my panties unless i wait to go to the bathroom and i stand up it sometimes starts to come out on its own. I have noticed a few small blood clots but and still scared I may be losing this one as well.

I must also say that on june 23rd this year i had a m/c on the day i turned 7 weeks, during this one i woke up at 1230am to us the rest room because i was in pain and had passed a bunch of blood and clots so i went to the er where they did and exam and my cervix was open.
I am very thankfull for all your postings im 6 weeks prego and started spotting and passing small cloths  yesterday my doctor told me to come right in for an ultrasound and he could still see the sac :) so hoping for a miracle and that all goes well
My daughter is 5 weeks and 6 days today. She was perfectly fine until she had a transvaginal ultrasound last Friday, Christmas Eve Eve. Then she started cramping and having a pink bleeding. We took her to the ER where we spent Christmas Eve and the doctor told her her cervix was closed, but she has 4 cysts on her right ovary. the doc said she was probably having a m/c and her hcg level had dropped a little. we were very sad on Christmas, but went to the doctor yesterday, and they did another ultrasound. We saw the gestational sac and the fetus, but of course, no heartbeat yet. and today, she is bleeding again. the doctor did not put her on bedrest, so we are hoping for the best. she is going to the doctor next wednesday to see if there is a heartbeat. we are in agony with the waiting.
Well I had  a miscarriage yesterday, 2nd one in 6 months. which might i add is not only heartbreaking but very hard on the body. I wish everyone the best of luck with what ever situtation they are going through right now
I am  about 6 wks pregnant , and  3 days ago I started spotting and now I am seen blood  clot. Is that sign of any complication?
my 2nd m/c started out like that, spotting on a wednesday and on saturday i started passing small blood clots so i went to the ER. they told me my cervix was closed but i was considered a a threatened miscarriage. So i would go to the ER or call your Dr and see what they have to say. I was also told to just lay around and rest
I am in 15 weeks pregnant and having the same problem of you. I've been bleeding since I found out that I'm pregnant. It was a bright red blood but right now it was a dark sometimes brown blood and it is stinks. I felt cramped below my abdomen maybe because of lifting some heavy things at my job. I dnt have a doctor yet until now because I'm still waiting of my Insurance. I'm worried and scared to death because I want a baby so bad and this is my first baby..please give me some answer,advice or anything to make me feel better.stressful and frustrated.
do you not have insurance at all now or are you just waiting on the card?

if you are just waiting on the card you should still be able to go to a dr and just tell them you are waiting on your card.

Either way you should still be able to go to the ER most ERs wont turn people away whether they have insurance or not and you being pregnant they wont turn you away (or they shouldnt)
I am 7 weeks pregnant and i started spotting a wweek ago i wasnt to worried until last night i passed a clott and bleed as if on my period. Tonight ive passed two golf ball size clotts without pain im very nervous, i went with my dr and she said my cervix was closed. What do i do
I am just about 6 weeks and have had two sunday's in a row that i have bled and the er and my obgyn don't seem to be worried. this is my first pregnancy, and to day i passed a small clot about the size of a dime. Does anyone know what to do? its making me worried.
I just recenly had an etopic pregnancy in June of 2011. I am now 5 weeks pregnan.  I have been spotting only when I use the bathroom.  Today I pass a small clot not even the size of a dime.  But I am so worried.  I have not been to ER which I know I should go but I am scared to death.  My first prenatal appointment is not until Tesdayof next week.  What do i do.  I do know I am not experiencing any pain at all.  
I am 5 weeks pregnant and I woke up this morning with slight back pain ( nothing alarming) then I went to the bathroom and I saw a little blood when I wiped. 1 1/2 later I felt a little gush as I would on my period. I went to the bathroom again and I had started bleeding heavily. I went to the ER and they did a pelvic exam. They told me my cervix was closed but I still could be miscarrying. I have bleed all day and as of now with minor cramping if any (11:30 est) it has slacked up a lot not nearly as heavy as it was earlier. I am still nervous as this is my first pregnancy. It wasn't planned but I don't want to loose the baby, Anyone else has this type of thing happen? Was the baby ok or did you miscarry?
I am 5 weeks pregnant with a problem similar. I have a child of 14 months but i have miscarried twice before my fullterm birthI found out i was pregnant sunday morning, mon i confirmed the pregnancy with our dr. Today around 2pm i started to bleed with blood clots, the bleeding is getting lighter and blood clots smaller now. Im so confused and scared! my husband and i are excited but unsure if my pregnancy will continue. Does anyone have any advice?
Hie all.I feel that we are all in the same boat no matter wat the technology or physicians tell us. It's all good to be assured but most importantly I think we should remember that we are all different and unique in special ways. My heart goes to u all ladies going through this hard times. My first pregnant was clearly a miracle. My partner was diagnosed with a low sperm count and was quite sure that he will never impregnant a woman.At the age of 32 he had no child and I was also relaxed and believed also that it will be just the two of us with no children.we lived like that for more than 4 years having unprotected sex.  But one day while I was having a bath. I noticed a big clot the size of palm of my hand and I was shocked and scared at the same time. Miscarriage was a mile away from my thought since my patner could not give me baby. I rushed to ER and when they came to c me they had smiles on their faces and congratulated me saying I was pregnant but told me that they need to do internal scan but then told me that my womb was empty and I must have miscarried. Su pressingly I was happy about the news that I knew we cud have children but obviously de aster that I ddnt know I was preg and I lost it. Well I never gave up so I got pregnant a year after and I started bleeding after 2 weeks. At 6 wks I was told that I'm losing the baby and thrs nothing they can do to stop it. The doctor offered me tablet and asked if I wanted it and stay over the night . I refused and I told her I will go home and miscarry naturally. I continued spotting on and of but nothing more came out. I reached 12 wks and went for a scan and everything was perfect and I carried my preg to full term with no complications.now my son is 9 YRS. However I write this now I am 7 wks preg and bleeding and will b going tomoro for a scan to c wats going on. I had miscarriages after my son and all of them started with bleeding.I am hoping that this is going to work like the first as I am taking Chinese herbs.I have a period like pain and am bleeding like I am on my period.now it's day 2 taking the herbs and the bleeding is slowing down. I pray to God that he will c us thru all the pain worry and suffering that we r going thru.I pray for all of u and pliz never give up.doctors don't know everything but your body knows.listen to uor body more and try to rest a lot as I think it's important.will kp u posted.
i am 15 /12 weeks and i have a lot of bleeding sometimes and the doctor told me i have a huge blood clot on the right side of me and it could be normal but just over the weekend it started to drain out of me so thats a good sign.and this will be baby number 5
i have just had my first scan in this pregnancy,this will hopefully be my fourth baby. when they did my scan they also found a sack of blood iether in my uterus or next to it.a blood clot.its not what they call normal but apparently it is common in pregnancy. it can come away and make u bleed or it can stay there the entire pregnancy. this is most probably why you are bleeding.hope this helps.ask to be scanned again and tell them what i said.hope all goes well.
I have been bleeding for about 2weeks and clotting a little bit should I be on bed rest
I'M about 12 weeks pregnant I have been spot bleeding bright red only when I wipe myself for on and off the past two weeks I just had intercourse yesterday and bled like dark brownish for a little bit and I had bad cramps my mom told me it's normal but I don't feel right my appointment isn't till the 5th of April I had 2 abortions in the past 4 years I think maybe that has something to do with it please help I'M worried :-(
went to the E.R. Monday  4/2/2012
they told me that they didn't see the yolk or sac during the ultra sound
said i would be about 3-4 weeks if i was pregnant...
also said they didn't see any signs of pregnancy

went to my doctors office that used the same urine and blood samples 4/4/2012 they said i was definitely pregnant and when my nurse came back they would schedule an appointment (she comes back on the 16th)

upon waiting and all that jazz i started to spot. called the med advice and they said it was normal... okay that's just fine and dandy so my husband and i went on living with our lives

4/8/2012 i began to spot bright red. i began to worry and he turned his back to me and didn't care that i was scared looked at me like i was weak and pathetic.
4/9/2012 still spotted but was bright red to rusty blood color
4/10/2012 started spotting heavier and i found blood clots and it changed from rusty blood to bright again...

i had a miscarriage in september when my husband went to iraq... and now... i'm scared but i'm prepared for the worst.
if i make it past this i will be happy if i don't... i will be more devistated than i have ever experienced... when i found out i was pregnant i was so happy and now all this pregnancy has been is run arounds from doctors offices and blood.... i hope everything is ok.... i really do... i would do anything to keep this baby to term

nikki.***@****
hi im so confused :( i found out 3 weeks ago i was pregnant with baby number 7 (iv had 4 m/c in the past) about 2 weeks ago i started bleeding nothing too heavy but still i panicked went to epas who done a scan n told me id lostthe baby but they took blood then got me back in 2 days later where they done another scan where they saw the sac but my hcg levels werent going up as they should be so told me i was going to lose it and to go back again in 2 days which i did and they told me  my womb was thickening and the sac was growing and how they thot it could all be ok ...the bleeding still there getting redder but yest i passed some clots and foned them to be told " we all knew in our heads it was going to happen just come in on monday" thats not what they told me now im sitting totally disheartened n gutted i still feel pregnant...sore boobs ..sickness etc but monday seems so far away i just want my baby to be there  and everything to be ok :( xx
I'm 7 weeks pregnant and on my 5th birth. I'm been bleeding for 2 weeks now. I've been passing clots. And all shades of blood I've been to the emergency and waited 5 hours to be seen no joke. After a sonogram I was told the baby is fine but I still can't help to panic its the first time this has ever happen to me
I am 8 weeks pregnant and I have been bleeding just as with a menstual period since i went for an ultra sound today.  I have passed two clots.  I stated spotting 2 days ago, not enough to go to underwear, only when i wipe.  A day ago it got to the point where I soaked my pantyliner.  I went to OBGYN today and she did the ultrasound which shows a fetus which in her words is smaller than it should be at 8 weeks.  I'm so confused and feel like just giving up. She said it's either a younger prenancy or a bad pregnancy.  Couldnt be younger because I did the test 5 days after my missed period and it was positive.  That was almost 5 weeks ago.  Leaves me to conclude then that its a "bad" pregnancy...her words.  I am so depressed after having gone today!!!!  Better she had said I'm having a miscarriage than to say its a "bad" pregnancy...in my mind it means something is very wrong with the fetus!!!
I am 8 weeks tomorrow bleeding for 6 days now went for internal yday and heartbeat was there but 2day I am. Losing a few little clots tiny as a pin but still worried has any1 got any advise for me
Viewing 1-200 comments: