Pregnancy 35+ Community
Cramping / Discharge
About This Community:

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cramping / Discharge

I'm 15.4 weeks pregnant.  I've had vaginal discharge which I know is normal.  This morning is wasn't a whitish discharge - it had more of a yellow tint to it.  Lately I've also been having cramps and slight lower back pain.  The cramping isn't constant.  I've never been pregnant this long (miscarried last year at 8 weeks), so anything that seems different I notice.  I guess you could say I'm paranoid.  I listened to the heartbeat and its steady @ 140.  Is all this normal for pregnancy?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
All of it sounds normal to me.  My discharge in the first and second trimesters varied from white to yellow to even orange a few times.  I wondered if I might have an infection, but everything was fine.  As for the cramping, that too comes with the territory.  Your body is going through all kinds of changes right now, including stretching out to make room for baby.  However, it is never a bad idea to run things past your OB.  If you have an appointment coming up, I would mention it then.  If not, I would give him/her a call.  I'm sure all is fine though.  Good luck!
Blank
299260_tn?1304219705
I was curious about the yellowish discharge too. I have an appt with my high risk doc on Tues, so will double check, but my ob said it was normal when I mentioned it to her a month ago. I can imagine you're nervous given your past m/c. It does sound like everything's normal, but I agree. Run it by your doc. That'll give you some peace of mind :) Best wishes!!!
Blank
I'm trying not to be worried.  Just used the bathroom and the discharge is now more brownish in color.  
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
Brownish can mean a bit of blood mixed in with the mucus.  That too is nothing to panic about as your cervix is very easily irritated right now.  It can happen even from intercourse amongst other things.  I understand your worry as I have a history of m/c as well.  I honestly would give yourself peace of mind and give your Dr. a call on monday.  
Blank
I agree with the other ladies.  Discharge of varying colors can be normal during pregnancy, as can a little brown discharge which as adgal said can be caused by several things including sex.

That said, do call your doctor on Monday to let them know.  Your doctor may want you to come in for an examination to make sure something else isnt going on (infection, for example).
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...