Pregnancy 35+ Community
Fetal pole measuring small/No heartbeat yet

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Was 6W6  yesterday according to LMP. Was mildly crampy and had been on antibiotics for strep so OB wanted  to make sure I didn't have an infection. Internal ulrasound revealed fetal pole, only measured 5W3 to 5W6. No heartbeat but tech said it could be due to it being so small still. I am not one to have a lot of pregnancy symptoms usually but I feel like they are dimenishing. No spotting, no bleeding. Requested Quant levels from primary care doc today and then to repeat next monday. Suffered miscarriage this time last year. I am 41. I know the age factors. Got started late in life with kids but last three (other than miscarriage) were easy and perfect pregnancies. I am worried the baby stopped growing and I am goin down the same path again. I hate the waiting game. Any similar stories or words of encouragement?  :)  Thank you!
It is early yet for a heartbeat and 3 days isn't a huge difference.

Your LMP says when your cycle started. "Normal"ly a woman ovulates on day 14 and that is what your gestational age is based on...the presumed Day 14 ovulation. Except...some women ovulate on Day 15...or 16...or 17 :) also...sperm can hang around for a long time...4 days in some cases. So there is no way to tell exactly WHEN the egg and sperm that became your baby met...so 3 days isn't a big difference.

Best of luck to you.
As optimistic as I was trying to be and as much as I was praying, my crampiness subsided in the afternoon, had some sharp pains in the evening. Awoke to bleeding this AM:( I know it is over...Again...I am heartbroken....
I am so sorry :(