Pregnancy 35+ Community
Regret tubal

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Regret tubal

I just had a 3month old baby. i had a tubal ligation (burned and cut) and have been regreting it ever since is there enyone who finds themselfs in the same situation? I also had another question what r the possibilities of me having another baby? ps i am new to medhelp
I am so sorry you regret your decision.  The reality is the chances of getting pregnant again are probably very minimal. However, many here have had tubal ligation reversals and had successful healthy pregnancies.  I would strongly recommend you talk to your OB or RE and see what they think.  There is also the option of IVF.  I don't have all the info on this, but I do know that the door is not necessarily closed.

Good luck to you!!!
I am surprised the let you do it at 20...
yes that is way too young for you dr to have done it! I had a tubal 10 yrs ago following the birth of my third child. I then had a reversal june 07 and was pg Aug 1, 07 and delivered a healthy  baby boy  the following March 08. So yes than can be reversed and are very sucessful though not cheap.. well worth it! You can dwell on what is done just decide what you would like to do to fix it. Though you just had a baby so I would give it some good time. Good luck , know that you are blessed with the child (children) you already have. =)

I had a tubal ligation 12 yrs ago. Im 38 Had a reversal done last year in May. I was pregnant in Nov. Lost in Dec. So don't loose hope. See an Re and let them tell you different. It cost me 7000 to have mine reversed. I too regretted doing a ligation right after my pregnancy, When Our hormones are flying and were emotional I think Dr's should wait to do these things let our hormones level out, when we think better and our minds our clear. we make better decisions about our bodies. My DH and I are gonna try again.Oh and my tubes were cut as well. Had the reversal and had a HSG done and one tube closed up already and I got pregnant off of one tube so keep the faith. Bless you.
Thank u for your support. :) i am thankful for the support. I agree Docs should wait on us to settle down and think strait. they should probably make it a law or have some counseling before the operation. i dont know but i wish someone would have stoped me from making the BIGGEST mastake of my life. I am happy for azqtpies i am glad that u were able to have a baby after getting ur tubes reversed. and for nina2249 you also give me hope and girl u and DH get busy to have that baby. Im glad i found this place on line. and to have been able to relate to some of you guys thanks for the advice.
Is it different in the usa than canada for ease of getting or not getting these surgeries? on different occasions with two dif doctors (dh and i have dif doctors) when i brought up tubal my doctor didn't appear to seriously consider it for me as an option, i probably would have really had to have pushed it to get one -i was 30-35 at the time.  when my husband brought up vasectomy with his dr - same thing..... not co-operative. plus when his friend wanted to have one at 35 (had 2 kids at the time) he really had to beg and plead.....swear up and down he din't want more children

I had a successful Tubal Ligation Reversal 10 yrs after I had a tubal ligation also at a young age.  Most OB doctors cannot do this type of surgery try Googling TL reversal doctors and many will come up for you to review.  Good luck.
if u are there is a doctor that does 6 free per year tubal reversals
One thing to consider, the sooner you get it reversed, the better your chances are of having no problems. The fact that you recognize this soooooo early is in your favor. Talk to your doctor and good luck!  

Really what was the doctor thinking that did that to a 20 year old! I would recommend other things like maybe an IUD or something that is constant without worry way before I would do that surgery!
I had my tubes tied because we already had three children and my husband and I figured that was enough now that relationship has been over for years Ive remarried and my husband now has no children we want to have aleast one and mine has been tied for over 6 years. What should I do I would like to get them untied and try to have a baby for us but Im questioning if it will work.
I have just scheduled to have my tubaligation with Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center in North Carolina with Dr. Monteith... check it out the website is very helpful and full of information... I wish you the best!!!
Let me first say...great choice on where you're planning to have your surgery at; they are WONDERFUL!!!

I know many woman personally and also plenty on this form that regret their decisions.  I hope things work out for you.
I am in the same boat I want to get a reversal done but I simply cannot afford the surgery. I think it's totally unfair that one should have to suffer and develop post tubal ligation syndrome. I was 21 when I had the surgery and it was not by my OWN choice I was forced by my ex husband or ELSE!!!...now I'm with a new fellow and we are engaged and have brought up the topic of children he would like to have one but the cost has scared him off... I am turning 29 next week and totally devastated living like this everyday knowing that I am infertile I feel like a child trapped in a woman's body unable to properly conceive.    
It is really shocking that Dr's will perform a tubal on women so young. When I had my 3rd child at 27, the Dr'. talked me out of it. Well, I wish you all luck with having your proceedures reversed.
hmmm, thought it was your mother in law...

Hello everyone,
I am new to your group and I feel you pain. I had a tubal ligation surgery done when I was 21 after my son was born. That was the worst mistake ever!!! I had a mother-in-law to forced me into it. Everyday I regret this ever being done to my body, as I would do anything just to have a tiny baby growing inside me. I have developed manic depression due to this and nothing can lift my spirits. The surgery to reverse my tubes costs way more than I could ever make...I pray everyday and make wishes every chance I get. I am now with a new partner and he also wants to have a child with him since he has none of his own, I want to give him that more than anything. I will pray for everyone here :) since I feel your pain and want to support your wishes and share your pain
I had my tubes tied when I was 21 I had 3 kids I tried to get out of it told dr I would like to have more later and he said he would cut 2cm on each side so that I can get pregnant again but he never told me what I would have to go through the surgery went well dr said tubes were open ovaries look good . I married a wonderful man he has three girls and I would like to try for a boy. We went through IVF had miscarriage in 2002 I was 32 now Iam 42 I had my tubes reversed in June 09 we payed 6800 and in January dr started me on clomid tried clomid in Feb and March. April is my month to conceive around 3rd or 4th, if not we'll keep tryin untill June if no luck then we are goin to get an HSG test I pray that everything goes well keep me in your prayers thanks I will do the same.

More baby dust to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I had my tubes tied at 23. I had two children. I met my now husband and he didn't have any children. We married February 04 and I had my reversal done at Chapeil Hill in NC June 10, 2004 and was pregnant by August. I was 34. My daughter was born in May, 3 days after I turned 35.  When I had the reversal I found out one of my tubes was very short and they did the best they could on that side. The other side was fine. So we were amazed we got pregnant so soon when we had a less than 50% chance. I am now on a journey of conceiving again.  I had the Mirena IUD for 3 years and had it out in January.  We are going into our 3rd month of TTC.  It takes time for your body to re-adjust.

If anyone is serious about getting a reversal go to Dr. Berger at Chapel Hill. They are the best!!! They have the highest sucess rate of pregnancies and an easy fast recovery. I think their fee is now $6,000 if you pay within 24 hours of scheduling your surgery. If you don't pay right away is $7,000.  I paid $5,000 and it was worth every penny.

Good luck to everyone!
Sabrina
I+agree+with+what+you+and+nina+said,+doctors+should+give+up+time.i+was+told+by+doctors+that+it+would+be+better+for+me+to+have+my+tubes+tied+and+burnt,and+my+husband+pushing+me+to+have+it+done+also+and+at+the+time+i+had+noone+to+talk+to,or+to+tell+me+i+would+be+making+the+wrong+choice.like+you+and+nina2249+say+our+emotions+are+all+over+the+place+and+we+will+make+decisions+without+thinking.+In+my+case+i+felt+pressure.
i had a tubal done almost 8 ys ago and i have hated it every since i've had it done, but lately i have started to regret it especially since i have gotten in my 30s because i am a lot more level headed and my husband has always wanted more children.  He was aganist it from the start but at the time i felt like i had no choose.  Every time he looked at me i got pregnant.  all my our pregnancy's were while i was on the shot or pill  and now we are in a better situation i can't get pregnant. so i just pray that in due time my tubes will come undone and we will be able to have more children.
I had my tubal in 1997. I had it reversed in March  of this year. Dr Berger in Chapel Hill is said to be the most experienced microsurgical reversal soca in the world. He also has the market cornered in the area of research related to reversal and outcomes. Payment plans are very do-able! Goodluck. Do not wait 13 years like I did. Outcomes are best when minimum time has elapsed between tubal and reversal!
i was 25 when i had the tubes tied ,, now i 32 y  i want to get  tubal reversal done ,.. but i cannot afforrd it ,, can  anyone know a place in houston tx ,,  that have affort price,,