Pregnancy 35+ Community
So thirsty

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

So thirsty

I'm 5+1 and I'm always thirsty. I'm drinking close to 100 ounces of water or Gatorade a day but I still feel dehydrated. My lips, toes and finger tips are all dried and cracked. Before I was pregnant I didn't drink this much fluid and never had this issue. Is this normal?
When did u find out u were preggers? Congrats

Almost a week ago when I had implantation bleeding instead of my period. I tested after it was done and got a faint positive.
Well I did some online searches and it turns out it's one symptom of early pregnancy they don't tell you about..lol. So it's normal and usually subsides after the first several weeks.
Am going into my 3rd trimester am am thirsty too. I drink water from fridge otherwise it never goes away. Besides water I can only take organic horizon milk,  chilled.  Its good coz the body needs to be hydrated and you have more blood in your system no your body is overworking and needs the fluids to keep engine running.
Extreme thirst is a symptom of gestational diabetes.  It's normal to feel a little thirsty when you're pregnant,  but if you literally can't feel sated,  you may want to call your doctor and mention it.
Don't drink Gatorade it contains lots of sodium. The sodium in it is to substitute for the salt loss when sweating. Look at the nutritional contents.
I switched to just lemon water and it helped. It also helped with some of the nausea. I'm still drinking about 80+ ounces of fluid a day but I don't feel like I'm dying of thirst even after a half a bottle of water.
Avoid energy drinks inc the milkshakes. They have too much stuff that is not good for pregnant mums n unborns x
I can't even stomach the thought of an energy drink. Even my beloved Diet Pepsi doesn't sound appealing. Milk and water...those are all I drink right now.
You should be drinking around 2.5 litres of water a day. This will also help with constipation and fluid retention.