Pregnancy 35+ Community
ultrasound

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

ultrasound

i just had 6week ultrsound and only have an empty sack.should i worry yet?
Is there a possibility that your date is off and that maybe you aren't as far along as you think?  I had a similar situation happen about three years ago, unfortunately I ended up with a missed mc, but I got pregnant pretty quickly after.  However, one of the first questions my doctor asked was whether my dates could be off, she also scheduled a followup appointment for a week or two, honestly I don't remember, later.  When nothing had changed they called it a mc.  

I hope this isn't the case for you.  What did your doctor say when the sack was empty?
At eight weeks that how I could describe seeing my baby for the first time. So I wouldn't worry. Ur barely pregnant rite now it'll look like more a baby or human soon.
Not necessarly.... But the next time you should have a little heart beat !
Hi there thanks for replying I entered this site looking for some hopeful answers and I appreciate any feedback and support,
about my dates being wrong its hard to imagine that as I have gone through Ivf and everything is to the book with dates with ovulation, egg pick and transfers, I had 2 healthy blastocysts transfered on 26th of november and my last period was 9th of novemeber which is what they go off as usual,
But I have gone through a nightmare of worry after early scan, so hubby took me for another scan a few days ago up at hospital so a totally different machine and it picked up yolk sac fetal pole and possible heartbeat, we have another scan in a few days time, Hcg levels seem to be rising well and fingers toes crossed heartbeat will be found real soon, thanks again for getting back to me this whole early pregnancy is such a worrying time, goodluck and Happy New Year hopefully we can celebrate soon,
I'm hoping exact thing that it was to early and soon we will see what we dream of, Ivf is hard enough so dates should be all correct but 2 scans from different places have told me completely different things, first scan said I was 6 weeks and just a sac, second scan a week later at hospital read 6 weeks with fetal pole and yolk sac, its all still confusing trying to stay hopeful, and hang out for scan in a few days to see heartbeat fingers crossed, Happy New Year.
I had an early scan done at 5w 5 days and all they saw was the sac and a small fetal pole, so don't worry too much, it should only be another week and you should see a heartbeat. It is a very good sign though that they saw a fetal pole, i wish you all the best! Please keep us updated :)
I, had something like that happen my doctor told me that the dates change after you hit about certain Weeks because the altar sound machines dont pick up much in the early stage of pregnancy
. I am 5 weeks 3 days just had my second hcg blood draw so now waiting for results. My last 2 pregnancies were eptopic and a miscarriage so i am really nervous but my symptoms are showing good  i just hate waiting
Good luck to all of you !