Pregnancy 35+ Community
varying symptoms

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

varying symptoms

Ladies, I would like to know what your thoughts are on pregnancy symptoms.  I'm 7wks 3days and since week 6 I've been feeling queasy after b-fast and lately even after lunch.  My breast are tender and a little swollen.  I've felt these symptoms every day, although some days the queasiness is stronger than other days.  Today I've noticed that my breast are not as tender, in fact, they don't really hurt much, and the queasiness is gone.  So, do you suppose this is normal?  I'm not scheduled for my first scan until Feb 10th.  I've miscarried at least 4 times, all before week 8, and of course they haven't found out the reason as to why I always miscarry.  Plenty of tests have been done throughout the years and the only constant is low progesterone after ovulation.  However for this pregnancy, my progesterone was surprisingly high.  My doc still put me on progesterone supplements just in case it drops.  Is there anyone out there that can help me through this?  
Symptoms can vary a lot in a healthy pregnancy.  I think it has to do with the body getting used to the hormones and then the pregnancy increases the amount of the hormones, and then the body has to get used to the new amount of hormones.  There were long stretches in my pregnancy where I could not have told by how I felt that I was even pregnant.  Obviously if you have had 4 miscarriages, you are going to get nervous, but the progesterone staying high sounds like a good sign.  Good luck, it doesn't sound bad.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.  At 39 years of age, and after so many miscarriages, it is just plain old hard to even believe that it will happen for us!  Fridays are especially difficult because you know that if anything happens, it will be harder to get a hold of your doctor over the weekend.  I appreciate your kind, encouraging words.  I'll take your word and stop worrying.    
i typed up a response and then lost internet connection...ugh

symptoms vary throughout...i wouldnt be worried unless you have cramping and/or bleeding...i find it funny saying that when i am queen of worrying i think sometimes...my next u/s is 2/9...if you want to talk or need somebody to help get through the days im here

i am so nauseas anymore...i have sea bands on and im drinking ginger ale and still feeling yucky....sad that this is what people say is a good sign...its very hard to do anything during the day with this quesiness

hopefully with the superbowl being this weekend the weekend will go by quickly

best of luck to you
I follow your posts every day and get plenty of encouragement from your worrying :).  I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking too much.  I'm sorry that you are feeling so nauseaus, but yes, I gladly take the nausea any day!  Last night was one of those nights where it was very very strong.  I've never experienced that before with any of my pregnancies, and I was simple beyond the moon!  Funny huh!  It is just hard to go from that to almost nothing.  Thanks for your encouragement.  I don't have any cramping or spotting at all as of yet, and that is also so different for me.  I'm just in disbelief!  I may need to talk with you after my scan, which is the day after yours.  Please keep me updated about your progress.  I truly haven't been able to find the support I need from any other place but within this community of sisters.  It is so hard for anyone to truly relate to our fears and concerns.  Only people that have gone through what we go through have true understanding of our sometimes fragile state of mind.  So thanks again for keeping my spirits up!  If you are ever in southern California, do give me a ring!