18 Weeks Pregnant, Burning sensation in Vagina
Hi All,

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and have been having a burning sensation in my vaginal area the last few days.  I also have a white discharge, that is fairly ouderless.  I went to my Dr. and was given a vaginal swab and told to treat as a yeast infection.  Over the counter kit gave a little relief, but not much.  The swab came back negative for yeast infection and Bacterial Vaginitis.  The doctor has now taken a urine sample for further testing.  I've been given a Phenazo to alleviate the symptoms, which it has, but my understanding is that only treats the symptoms short term.

Anyone experience something similar, or have any thoughts?

Thanks.
Sorry you're experiencing this.  Could this possibly be a UTI?  Are you peeing more frequently with the burning sensation?  Other than that I have no idea what it could be...when will you get the urine results back?  Pam
I had that happen during 2 pregnancies, from about week 5 to week 7.  I was absolutely convinced I had a bladder or UTI infection.  Same thing, test came back negative.  It was quite uncomfortable.  My OB had me drinking cranberry juice and water like crazy.  Then it just stopped.  I still don't know what it was, but it did go away.  The discharge is pretty common during pregnancy, but I know what you mean about that burning sensation.  Best of luck to you!!
I'll ge the urine test back Friday, although it wasn't clear what they were testing for.  I suppose further testing for UTI.

I'm hoping to get some answers, or for it to just go away!  Still burning.

Did the cranberry juice help?
Well, it did go away, but I honestly don't know if the cranberry juice did the trick or not.  It has been known to help with UTI and bladder infections though.  Its also likely that all the fluids I drank flushed whatever it was away.  I think its best though that you had more tests done. Every situation is a bit different, and I don't want to be "diagnosing' anyone or anything.  I can say though, the cranberry juice certainly won't hurt anything.  I drank the real stuff, no sugar added or anything.  Its really good for you.
I'm having the same problem now! I am 9 weeks pregnant with my first child and I've been fine until tonight, after my husband cumed my vagina started burning really bad so I went to the bathroom to pee and it burnt soo bad I just about came off the toilet. This happened to me about a month ago and I went to the er and they took a bunch of tests but they all came back nagitive could it be something with being pregnant?
It sounds like thrush x
I started doing that before i got pregnant with this one. I finally put 2 and 2 together. Hubby was drinking a ton of mountain dew and eating oranges ever time i was having that. So afyer every time we would have sex during the day he was eating/drinking like that it woukd burn. I thought at first i was allergic to semen or something lol. Bit the i started realizing that he had more acid from those drinks and oranges so it was literally burning my vagina from the acidity of what he had eating being in his sperm.