Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Concieving and ovulation

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Concieving and ovulation

I am 45, my husband works out of  town ALOT,  we r currently trying to conceive, we made love on the 4th late at njght 11:30 pm, but my days ovulation says I should ovulate on the 9th,  what r the chances of getting pregnant???  He went out if town on the  5th and won't be home for about a week. It's so hard to want something so bad.  
You have a chance ,  but its very slim.  Sperm only live for 5-7 days.  By the time you ovulate, most of the sperm will be dead.  

It is soo hard to conceive even for those of us who are very fertile.  Im currently 23 weeks pregnant.  I have thought about having another after this one,  but im not sure i can give all that effort to try and get pregnant...lol.  

It was hard for both of us to be in the mood during ovulation.  Either im in the mood or he is.  Then our schedules also make it very hard.  Working alot and taking care of the kids.  We feel exhausted all the time.  

The timing has to be right to conceive.  There is only a five day window of high fertility.  With this conception,  it wasnt too romantic (sorry to say...lol).  I noticed EWCM which means im at my highest fertility in that cycle.  I told hubby and we bed right away.  It took just that one time,  and here i am :)

I wish you be best of luck and keep us posted!

I feel for you and its not easy- am hoping your hubby will be able to be with you when you are ovulating. Hope you get your baby and hugs
5 to 7 days,  and it will be Tuesday at
Oops Let me finish this.  5 days on the day I ovulate, because Tuesday at 1130 pm will be 5 days and that is my ovulation day.   Lots of prayers please.  Thank you....