Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Concieving and ovulation
About This Community:

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Concieving and ovulation

I am 45, my husband works out of  town ALOT,  we r currently trying to conceive, we made love on the 4th late at njght 11:30 pm, but my days ovulation says I should ovulate on the 9th,  what r the chances of getting pregnant???  He went out if town on the  5th and won't be home for about a week. It's so hard to want something so bad.  
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4583720_tn?1356811441
You have a chance ,  but its very slim.  Sperm only live for 5-7 days.  By the time you ovulate, most of the sperm will be dead.  

It is soo hard to conceive even for those of us who are very fertile.  Im currently 23 weeks pregnant.  I have thought about having another after this one,  but im not sure i can give all that effort to try and get pregnant...lol.  

It was hard for both of us to be in the mood during ovulation.  Either im in the mood or he is.  Then our schedules also make it very hard.  Working alot and taking care of the kids.  We feel exhausted all the time.  

The timing has to be right to conceive.  There is only a five day window of high fertility.  With this conception,  it wasnt too romantic (sorry to say...lol).  I noticed EWCM which means im at my highest fertility in that cycle.  I told hubby and we bed right away.  It took just that one time,  and here i am :)

I wish you be best of luck and keep us posted!

Blank
I feel for you and its not easy- am hoping your hubby will be able to be with you when you are ovulating. Hope you get your baby and hugs
Blank
5 to 7 days,  and it will be Tuesday at
Blank
Oops Let me finish this.  5 days on the day I ovulate, because Tuesday at 1130 pm will be 5 days and that is my ovulation day.   Lots of prayers please.  Thank you....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Pregnancy Answerers
Blank
LoveCake98
Blank
schenner2
Blank
diachong
Blank
niki137
FL
Blank
Dragonwings
Blank
m_r_p
Blank
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1816154_tn?1422843421
Blank
veronica0808, mhv, and hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
1 hr ago
961574_tn?1431661445
Blank
mhv commented on Dads Biopsy showed ca...
1 hr ago
1816154_tn?1422843421
Blank
hansen20 commented on breastfeeding my Shya...
4 hrs ago
Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543_tn?1371753642