Is Benadryl, Allergy safe at 34 weeks??
Hello all!

I've had a sinus cold/allergy problem for the past couple days and I was told by my doctor I could take Benadryl at night, but I didn't realize I was taking Benadryl Allergy, not just Benadryl, and now I'm a little scared. :(

Does anyone know if it's safe????

I know regular benadryl is a class B, and considered ok, but I can't comment on the Benadryl Allergy.  Call your drs office to check.  Here is a great website for reference to what drugs/OTC meds are safe/unsafe during pregnancy.

www.safefetus.com
Hi Kimmy :)

First of all, if you've only been doing it for the last couple of days, you should have nothing to be concerned about.  Secondly, you are at a stage in your pregnancy when there is reduced risk. The concern is higher in the first trimester, but again more for long term use. Thirdly, of the choices out there Benadryl is a better one anyway. There is a very slightly higher risk of a couple of complications in pregnancy with certain allergy meds if pregnant women have to use them throughout their pregnancy so they are usually monitored by their Dr's but again, a couple of days really shouldn't be an issue. I got this info from one of my preg books and from The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Regardless, if I were you, I'd take the bottle to your pharmacist and tell him how much you took and he can double check the active ingredients and set your mind at ease. He'll be the most informed, up to date person to ask.
Hope that cold is getting better! :)
Pamela & Suz, thank you so much for your response!

I'm calling my Dr now.

:)
My doctors (my gyn, pediatrician, midwife, and uncle who is pediatrician) have all said Benedryl is ok. I took it in my first pregnancy and will definately need to take something today as well!   Ohh I hate my allergies!  

You should check with your doctor if you are unsure.