Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Light cramping

Join other 35+ year old expecting mothers for support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Light cramping

We've been trying to get pregnant for a while now. I am 39 years old so I'm taking Clomid and doing acupuncture. I ovulated and we had sex on 1/24. For the past couple days I have been having light cramping and pain in my abdomin (abdomen). Is this normal, or hopefully a sign of something? I know it's wishful thinking, but I'd really love to be a mom someday.
It is common to have light cramping when a fertilized egg implants itself. Perhaps time for a pregnancy test? I wish you luck!
Wishing u lots of baby dust!!! Good Luck ....Keep us posted!
How I wish there was some way to know - that wait can make you crazy!  It sure did me.  I wish you success!!  Keep us posted!
It is driving me crazy waiting to take a test... It feels like something is different, but I'm hoping I'm not just making it up in my head.
I couldn't wait any more, I took a test this morning and it's positive. I'm trying not to get to excited because it's so early and so many things can go wrong, but we are super excited! I've always wanted to be a mom and was beginning to wonder if it was in the cards for me.
Thank you guys for the positive words and good mojo. :D
ijust wanted to say congratulations...  wish youahealthy has happy pregnancy and healthy beautiful baby.  keeping my fingers crossed for you! :-D
Congratulations Jenna!! Very happy for you :-D
Congrats!!! Everything wil b fine!!
Congrats to you. i need to take a test but i'm so nervous. all the best to u :-)
Congratulations!:-)
congratulations!!!!
Thanks for all the nice words. But it turned out to be a false positive. I took another test the next day that was negative. I was still hopeful and thought it might just be to early so I waited. Unfortunately, I got my period today. We're pretty disappointed, but will keep trying.
Why does it have to be so hard?
Sorry about that Jenna. That is pretty unusual
To get a false positive. Hope you're okay x
I'm ok, we are a little sad, but know we can keep trying and we plan to. The good part of all of this is that we will be even that much more excited and grateful when we do get pregnant.
I do have to say, my cramps this time seem like they are much more powerful. Oy.
Hi Jenna,

So sorry that AF came.  I love your attitude and determination - that will take you far and I am sure that you will get success soon. It is extremely rare to get a false positive on an HPT - it is more likely that this was a chemical pregnancy, which means a very early miscarriage.  Most women have them but they never know because they do not test before AF is due.  I am not sure if that helps or makes it worse but I thought you might want to know. I would ask your doctor about it.

good luck
Congratulations! I hope you have an enjoyable pregnancy!
Don't stress about it coz it can happen naturally and you are still young in my world.  Am way older than you  but got pregnant unexpectedly naturally. Went to gym regularly and did sit ups crunchies earobic machines coz i did not know i was pregnant.  Was shocked to learn i was 4 months along. Just don't focus on getting pregnant too much coz it will stress you and you don't want that. Hugs
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
krichar uploaded a new photo
18 mins ago
journey2motherhood Happy 4th Birthday to my ha... Comment
48 mins ago
Risa615, melimeli, and journey2motherhood commented on journey2motherhood's status
49 mins ago