Miralax
I am 10wks preggo and was wondering if Miralax is safe to take for constipation during pregnancy....I am very constipated and have been drinking Metamucil 2 times a day without any effectiveness....my husband is a pharmacist and says that it is safe because it doesn't enter the bloodstream, but I do not want to take something unless I know that it is safe.  I have seen where it is category c.  Thanks for your help....
My dr gave me a list of things I can take. They said no laxatives  citrucel colace fibercon or metamucel. Now something else I learned is eating kiwi will help with constipation. I was having a problem also and tried it and it works

If what you want to take is not on the list from your dr, I would call them first

I hope all goes well for you
My OB had told me that mild laxatives on occasion were fine.  Also, she recommended stool softeners, although again not overly frequently.  When it comes to medications, especially during pregnancy, I personally trust pharmacists more then anyone else.  They are experts on drugs and in my experience are really great at researching what is ok and what is not.  I might still double check with your Dr, but I bet it's just fine.  

Also, when I was really constipated I found that increasing my water intake dramatically, combined with eating dried apricots and more yogurt worked well for me.  Good luck!!
I was badly constipated too and after 16 weeks I started taking Miralax 2-3 times a week - with my OBGyn's blessing.
thanks everyone.....I would usually call my doc, but since its the weekend, I didn't want to bother them with this.....and I know he's out of town anyway......

thanks for the suggestion on the kiwi....had not heard that.....

also, I have noticed that if I take stool softeners, I have very bad cramping, so I have tried to stay away from those....

I know that I am probably not drinking enough water, but I have been so nauseated and sickly feeling ALL DAY LONG, and I don't have an appetite to eat or drink, so that has been hard.....all i want is sprite and I know that it's not anything like juices and water.....

thanks so much!
I had that all day all night nausea, I feel for you.  That part wasn't much fun at all!!  You know what was odd though...as much as I did not feel like eating or drinking, that helped with the nausea more then anything else.  I started keeping a few saltines and a big glass of water next to my bed at night.  When I woke up I would nibble a few before even getting out of bed.  Having something in my tummy really really helped the nausea.  

Anyway, I do hope your feeling better soon.  The good news is you are almost through that first trimester and for most of us that is when the symptoms were the worst.  For me, second trimester was pretty easy..more energy and felt great most of the time!!  Hope it's the same for you.
thanks for the info and advice....yes the all day all night nausea has been wearing on me, on top of the exhaustion......and I have a 2.5 yo dd to keep up with.......I feel so guilty because I haven't felt like doing alot and I have been extremely grumpy....I definitely try hard not to relay it to her......I have felt so bad for so long now, I am so ready to feel good again....it has been 2 months since I have felt normal withthe whole in vitro process and having complications from the meds....I didn't have any of this the first go around, so it's all new to me.......

thanks again
Just thought I'd let you know I learned about kiwi helping with constipation on the what to expect when you're expecting app for the iPhone. It's come in handy for me. Not sure if it's available on other phone types. I would assume so though
To all:

My doc OK'd the Miralax! YAY! and I feel so much better (i know TMI).....and I get to stop the progesterone and the hormones!  YAY!
That means moving into second trimester right?  A big congrats to you...not only are you feeling better, but such a milestone as well!!!  I hope you have a "honeymoon" second trimester!!  Congrats again.