Pregnancy: Age 35+ Community
Swollen ankles and feet
About This Community:

A community of expecting mothers (35+ Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen ankles and feet

Anyone have really swollen ankles and feet? Should I be concerned? I did not have this with my son so now I am worried?
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
How far along are you? It may be something to ask your doctor about. My sister in law was pretty swollen by the end of her pregnancy and everything was fine. How's your water and fluid intake? Just read that drinking more actually helps keep swelling down.
Blank
34 1/2 weeks
Blank
254689_tn?1251183640
Oh gosh, I went through this very same thing Saturday and Sunday & I got so anxious.  I too never went through this w/my other pregnancies.  We checked my blood pressure & then I laid on my left side for about an hour and then monitored it again.  I say check in w/your dr if you're really worried.   The midwife also said to lay on your left side & try to stay off your feet as much as possible.
Blank
290447_tn?1218056351
I have the same thing.  I checked w/my Dr. and she said it's normal nothing to worry about.  I drink almost a gallon of water a day:)
Blank
but I feel tingling too like they are asleep
Blank
I too have major swelling in ankles, feet, wrists and hands.  For the last two weeks I have also had numbness and tingling in the tips of my fingers.  I am 35 weeks.  My doctor said he would start worrying if my face was swollen and if my fingers were blue at the tips or really red.  They checked different parts to make sure  circulation was fine.  If you have high blood pressure along with these other symptoms I would call your doctor.  
Blank
I forgot to tell you to do what the other ladies suggested too by drinking at least 4 liters of water a day possibly more.  Supposedly this will help with the swelling.  Good Luck!
Blank
But feet and ankles that stay swollen or are accompanied by other symptoms could signal a serious health problem.
Blank
I had terrible swelling with my first pregnancy. Like the others said, drink plenty of water. You should also watch your salt intake and make time to put your feet up for a half hour to an hour every night. My lessons were learned from my first time around. I don't add any salt to my food, even while cooking. So far, I've kept swelling under control at 22 weeks now.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Pregnancy Answerers
Blank
LoveCake98
Blank
m_r_p
Blank
chloegc1023
Blank
Kathy2015