STD from sitting on a TOILET!!
My sister called me crying that she just got a call from her doctor that her pap came back positive for Chlamydia. She told her BF and he told her that he got it from "sitting on a public toilet". Can this happen?? I dont think it can, I think it's an excuse. She believes him and wanted to borrow 60$ to go pick up their perscription! That can't happen can it??
The short answer is no; you can get Chlamydia from John (or Sally) but not from using the john. Chlamydia, a common sexually transmitted infection (STI), is caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis. The only way chlamydia is spread is by sexual contact — specifically, when infected fluids (vaginal fluids, semen, and/or pre-***) come into contact with mucous membranes. Both men and women can get chlamydia through vaginal, anal, and, less frequently, oral sex with an infected partner. Using a condom or dam during sex can reduce the risk of transmission. However, you can't get chlamydia by sharing the same bathroom or toilet seats with someone who's infected: the bacteria can't live for long outside of the body, and it's pretty unlikely that a person could come into contact with someone else's body fluids, even in the bathroom.

Because untreated chlamydia can cause serious complications — including inflammation of the urethra or reproductive organs, resulting in damage and even sterility — it's important that sexually active people get tested. The good news is that testing is usually done using a urine sample and chlamydia is easily cured with antibiotics.

Well im not sure if you can get chlamydia from a public toilet but some std's you can. If i were you i would google it or have your sister do it. If she can have her ask her doctor if its possible for her bf to get it that way. I know i once tested positive for treckamonus and that you can get from a public toilet. When that occurred i knew df and i had only been with each other because we were living together.
Yea I didnt think you could. It just shows me how nieve she is and she actually believes him!
I've never heard of this, and to my knowledge the only thing you can get is crabs and even that risk is miniscule. It sounds like a load of BS to me, and your sister needs to take a look at their relationship, because it sounds like her boyfriend is messing around.
Sounds to me like her dear 'ol boyfriend has some 'splainin to do!!!
That's ridiculous to think you contracted an std by any other means than from an infected partner. The toilet you "sat" on would have to have been literally saturated with bodily fluid and freshly done and if that was the case you would know never to sit on it. He infected her and he should have atleast been man enough to tell her the truth. My hands would be around his neck right now.. smh
I hope she has a good, long talk with this "boyfriend" of hers, because you can't get chlamydia from sitting on a toilet...
I tried talking to her again when she came by before going home. She didnt want to hear anything I had to say. I explained to her it was crap and she said this "he is going to be my husband and everyone needs to accept it"
If that is how she wants to be then thats on her. I told her I couldn't accept someone that is lying to her (obviously) and I told her after this situation I couldnt be her maid of honor. If I can't accept it, then there is no reason for me to attend the wedding.

Thanks to all that answered!
Well at least you tried. I just hope she realizes it sooner than later, because the longer she stays the harder it really will be, unless she intends to live with blinders on.
He doesnt work or anything to help her and the kids. She comes over crying all the time about the things he does. And it honestly makes me so thankful that I have a man that loves me and his children enough to take care of us (while im off work). It makes me have a greater appreciation for him and the little things he does for us. Like going to get me Mc Donalds at midnight last night. I love him LOL
Why is she with him if he's this bad? Does she just not think there's other men out there, or just hopes he might change?
He is basically the only bf she has ever had. He was her first, they've been together since they were in the 10th grade. And they have the two kids together. To her he loves her and thats all that matters. nothing anyone says will change her mind about him.
It might not even be that she believes he got an STD from a toilet. She might just want to believe that and refuse to entertain ideas that he's been with others. I would just be concerned about what will happen when she does realize what's going on. He will eventually become less and less desecrate and not hide it as well or at all.
I completely agree with you. But there's nothing I can do to make her see he's not good for her. She pays all the bills by herself and does everything by herself. I think it might have alot to do with her not wanting to be alone. I just don't like that the babies suffer because of this.
My mom was like that, and my sisters and I suffered for it until she grew enough sense to get us out of there. I hope your sister makes the right choices for her family.
My mom was the same way. She always chose guys over us. Thats why when I was 12 I left. I moved in with my grandma and never looked back. But it honestly has helped me be a better mother to my own kids. It took my mom and I about 2 years before we could have a civil conversation with out arguing. Guys come and go but your kids will always be your kids.
I always talked to my mom and love her to death, but it didn't stop me from telling her I hated her and would always hate her for what she did to us. She tried to say it wasn't her fault, but by staying she was just as responsible. I think that's what really got to her. After that she completely changed. I'm just glad that I've got a good man who puts his family first and works hard for us.
Exactly you teach people how to treat you. They do it because you let them. I love my mom but she always put herself first and you cannot do that once you have kids. It's them before you and she wasn't like that. Thats exactly what I have.. a good person that comes home to me and his family everyday.
I agree. :) I've always believed that when you make the choice to be a parent, from the womb you sacrifice for their good first. (I know in some cases this doesn't work, but in the situation we're talking about it does)
Exactly. I don't do anything without thinking about how it effect our kids. Even when it comes to meal time LOL. Every choice I make has to benefit them positively in some way or another. Thats what it means to be a parent.