When will I get results of 3 hour Glucose Tol. Test?
I failed my 1 hour glucose test on March 30 and had to go in for the dreaded 3 hour glucose test this morning. Not fun. Not fun at all.
I'm on pins and needles. How long until I should get results? And, has anyone failed the 1 hour test and gone on to pass the 3 hour test? I heard 1/3 of women who fail the first actually fail the second and are treated for gestational diabetes...the other 2/3 are fine. Is this true? Anyone been there?

Scared,

Heather
Heather, you should have the results within a week, maybe three days. Each lab is so different it is hard to know. Or you may not even find out the results until your next OB appointment if you do pass. If you fail they usually give you a call and have you come in to talk with you.
I would think the results would be in within days...or up to a week depending if they actually test the blood on site where you had it drawn or if they had to send it out.  If you pass, they won't probably call or say anything to you until your next appointment, if you fail, they will contact you ASAP when they get the results.
I got my results before I left. I went in for the 3 hr one first thing in the morning and started right away.  They did the 3 hr draw and sent me for lunch @ the hospital cafeteria.  I went back to the lab after I had lunch and they told me I passed just fine!  Good luck.
I failed my one hour and then I had to go take the three hour as well. I passed with flying colors, so much so that the doctors were scratching there heads about why I might have failed the one hour. So dont worry its very possible. It shouldnt take the lab very long to run the blood and get the information back to your doctor. (If you did it all through the same hospitol as your ob it really wont take long). What might take a while is once the results are in your doctors office for them to look at them and put them in a spot where you will be put on a long list of phone calls that need to go out. If you really want to know and youre nervous about it call the doctors office and ask to speak to one of your doctor's nurses about the test and see if they have the results for you. I did it and it saved me alot of wait time and stressing myself out. Good luck, Im sure you did fine!
Thanks. I really hope I pass this. I think I have been eating pretty healthy and pre-pregnancy I was 5'7" and 140 lbs (so a good healthy weight). I never thought this would be an issue! I have been dealing with high blood pressure and am already high risk because of that. Medication has finally gotten the BP under control...and to add something new to worry about and control would be a nightmare. I've been so upset since I failed the test. I'll keep you guys posted. Frown...Heather