Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community
Fish and Pregnant

A community of expecting mothers (25 to 34 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Fish and Pregnant

Last night I ate a small slice of King Fish. I didnt know that was a type of mackerel fish until I googled it after I ate it (smh at myself). They say king mackerel should be avoided during pregnancy because of the high mercury levels, so I am nervous right now that I did damage to the baby. I am wondering if there is any or how much harm in just eating that one slice of fish as I am only 10 weeks pregnant. I am going to follow up with my doctor at next week's appt as well.

Thanks.....
You are fine. People eat the stuff they say not to all the time and their babies are just fine. It was just once so no your baby will not be hurt from it.
I agree people eat bad stuff, I'm not sure about fish, I did hear it is bad. Just ask your doctor and hold off eating fish until you know for sure what is good and what is bad.
You're not supposed to eat steak that is under cooked but i have to have a little pink and i eat eggs that are a little soft still its all about proportion and knowing where your food comes from to be safe
Avatar n tn
Thanks everyone, I'm alil relieved that others eat things their not supposed too!
Hollus So excited!! In less than 4... Comment
Hollus, and renae176 commented on renae176's status
KeeLolo, and Hollus commented on hansen20's status
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy