High 1 hrs glucose
So I'm about 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and I had my 1 hr glucose test done yesterday and I just got a call back this morning telling me my sugar was at 252 after the 1 hr. I know that's high. But I am not diabetic. Now I have to go in for a 3 hour glucose test in a week. Could this mean I will be diabetic through this pregnancy? I'm just worried now.
I was close to normal with the 1 hour but where I am it's only 2 hour instead of 3 hours if you fail the first test. 2 out of 3 tests came back normal. They said it doesn't matter if 1 test is high you are considered a gestational diabetic and once you deliver the placenta it's out of your system or shortly after. As long as you keep your sugar level close to normal or below you should be good unless they say otherwise.  Mine are for the most part normal or below. I'm hoping I don't have a big baby. 31 weeks today with a boy
I hope your delivery goes well and you and baby are fine. But thank you I'm just really worried.
Diabetes runs in my family so they say my chance is higher for it and down the road type 2 like my dad. The word really scares me since I didn't have with my daughter and this time I do. I don't think my son will be like 9 lbs but at least close to 8 or just over 8 lbs. If he is on the bigger side I'm wondering if they would induce early or not
I failed the 1hr glucose tolerance test with my first daughter and had to do the 3hr and it came back normal, even without having gestational diabetes I still had a 9 pound baby but a very easy delivery. With this second pregnancy I opted to not do the 1hr as it is a very unreliable test from what I have read. I still chose to do the 3hr test as I have a family history of diabetes but again it came back normal, thankfully I have not had gestational diabetes with either pregnancy.