What is labor really like?
For those of you who have had a baby, let's share our labor experience for what labor was like and what it is like right after you have the baby.  I know everyone is different but I bet we have some similarities with our experience too.  Maybe it will help a first time mom.  
Oh, well.  It's different for everyone.  But there are some things that lots of women probably have in common.  I always wondered if you really KNOW you are in labor. As in, I wondered if I'd not know and have the baby at home.  LOL  No, I think in general, most everyone KNOWS.  It's undeniable this cyclic pressure, baring down, pain that you have.  The contractions for me intensified as they got closer together.  There was no mistaking it and we KNEW.  Labor was not like in the movies either.  LOL  It is not glamorous and very messy!  Blood and gook for sure.  (I won't paint a picture, if you've been through labor, you know what I'm talking about). I had fantastic labor and deliver nurses though who cleaned up like it never happened, so fast that it was like it never did.  they keep pads under you for that reason.  It's not . . .deep breath . . . unusual to have a bowel movement during delivery.  Hope your husband is out using the bathroom or something at that moment.  LOL  But again, the nurses immediately get rid of any evidence it every happened.  I was in full pads for several days post delivery catching all the after blood.  And I also didn't realize that you almost give birth for a second time removing the placenta.  I was asked to push again.  

So, there is just a tid bit of info.  :>)  luck to all