Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
13 days late and negative pregnancy tests

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

I was waundering if it was possible for me to still be pregnant even though I am 13 day late and I have taken many pregnancy test over the last 3 weeks and all were negative.  I had very little spotting for 1 day on or about the 7th of March but no period since Feb 8th-12th.  I had a bladder infection and I took antibiotics for a week. Could that have made me miss my period?  Or, could that have affected the results of the pregnancy test?
Why don't you pop into your doctors office and get a blood pregnancy test?  That would quite effectively answer the question.  Most times you don't even need an appt.  Just call and tell them what is going on, and they will bring you in for one.

Antibiotics would not affect the HPT result.
I was going to do that and I read someones question on here and they said that even their blood test was negative and I have to pay for all lab work even with my insurance and I don't want to spend the extra money if I don't have to.  I was just waundering if maybe there was still a possibility that I was pregnant or if others thought that the bladder infection effected either the hpt or my period.
   I have very reagular periods so to miss one is unusual but like I said I had a bladder infection and I am not sure if that may have effected it.
I would think that by 13 days after missed period you would def. get a + result if you were in fact preggo, so I think the results are accurate and you aren't.  But you still never know, I hear of women not getting a + until many weeks after missed period.  

I suggest you go into your doc. office and let me know you don't have AF and negative pregnancy test.  And I'm sure they'll give blood pregnancy test free of charge cuz they have to make sure you're not pregnant before prescribing you something.  I'm taking provera right now to induce my AF.  My lmp was Feb. 7th and still haven't gotten one.  I too am regular, well until now.  And last cycle I was a week late, but besides that I've ALWAYS been pretty regular.  Many things are reasons for no AF- stress, excerise, hormonal reasons, and no ovulation.  But just speak w/ doc and hopefully they can help you.
Thank you I will go in as soon as I can
Hi everyone. This is my first time on this website and I have been consumed with reading all of your stories, questions and comments. I think it is great such a support is available. Here is my sitation. My husband and I have formally started "trying" this month to get pregnant. My last period began Feb.8 (it has been pretty regularly coming on the 8th of each month). So, that makes me about 13 days late. I have obsessively taken about 7 HPT all have negative. Iwent for a blood test on Fri and I'm waiting for results and going out of my mind. I do have 2 children-which we had no trouble conceiving- and I do remember not showing a positive HPT until about a week after missing my period. I am bloated, gasy, my boobs are achy, and my mid section is tender. What do you think?? The waiting is killing me and my pessimistic husband is driving my crazy. It just seems too coincidental that I am late the month we began trying.
It is possible you are pregnant the month you began trying.  If you hit you time rite.  I am having all the same symptoms as you and am also 13 days late.  I haven't taken a blood test though.  Let me know if yours is neg or pos ok so I will spend the money to get one I just need a little hope
Hopefully I will find out the results of my blood test tomorrow (mon).  Leave it to me to have blood work on a Fri.----making me wait all weekend.  I'm also worried that if I am not pregnant, will this mess up ovulation for this month? I have no idea what my body is doing.
I don't know if it would mess up ovulation, I would think it would.  When they call you with your results, ask them.  I have been looking for answers, I was going to wait until my next period was due and then take another test, but it is such a long wait.  I HATE WAITING!  Well; my email is ***@**** email me and let me know your results if you don't care.  If they are positive maybe it will persuade me into forking out the money for the blood test.
I'll let you know.  My fingers are crossed for the both of us!
by the way, it's a shame you had a bad experience on "the Forum".  I just commented there--it was a turn off for me to this whole website
Thank You,
  I was trying to make things easier so I might get answers but you pretty much said it all. lol
Hey I have to go now, but if you would like to talk more, you got my email.  I need a pinpal. lol.  I will talk to you later. bye.
i dont see where anyone was being rude to her.. and i think we talked about that with her yesterday.. she seemed understanding.. we were just being honest with her..  i dont see where melissa was being cold hearted.. and i honestly dont think you have any right to say that to her.. shes just as welcome here as anyone else.. so please.. leave those comments to yourself.. theres no need in hurting someone because you dont agree with what you said.. im sorry you feel this way about the forum.. nobody here wants you to leave.. everyone here that i know are very nice and helpful ppl.. and yea some things get said here that arent nice.. so if you see something like that then just ignore it.. no need in bringing it up.. hope you change your mind about leaving.. we would all enjoy it if you stayed!! take care and i hope you get your ++ results back with your test.. ill keep my fingers crossed for you!!

~*Chloe8~

I went through the exact same thing 2 cycles ago when my AF was late, I went from having 2 28 day cycles to 35 day cycles i was also having brown spotting but only when i would wipe. When I was late I took 3 HPT and all were negative so one day at work I started getting really bad side pains and urinating alot, I went to the emergency room and they ran a urine test and a blood pregnancy test. The blood pregnancy test came out negative too so i wasn't pregnant, when my urin test came back they found i had a bladder infection and gave me antibiotics. She also said that she could feel my uterus and thinks that i may have had a M/C, after taking my antibiotics AF showed up on a 35 day cycle. This cycle was another 35 day cycle so hopefully it has regulated, I hope the best for you and recommend that you go see your doctor as ASAP.
Thank you for the advice I will go in as soon as I get a chance
my blood test results are positive--I am pregnant.  The dr. said my levels were probably too low for the HPT to read.  As of Fri. when my blood was taken, my HCG level was 93--from what I have read about levels there is a huge spectrum of what # is considered normal, so this # basically means nothing except that I am pregnant.  So they want me to come back tomorrow for another blood test to make sure that that number has at least doubled.  that is the important part. That will tell whether it is a "healthy" pregnancy at this time.  I think you should call your dr. and have the blood test done so you know for sure.  Apparently, it isn't so unusual so have a false negative HPT. But it is best to get down to the bottom of what is going on inside your body so that you are doing the right things to take care of yourself.
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!  It also gives me hope that if I just wait a few more days or a week or so mine will register on a hpt test.  I am so happy now you have no idea.  I am excited for you and I hope mine turns out the same way.  If you would email me, I will let you know how mine goes as well.  GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!!!!  Thank you for coming back and telling me.  I was waundering about you yesterday and was hoping to hear from you.  This gives me lots of hope.  I may even go today and take a blood test lol.  My insurance won't pay for lab work though so I was trying to put it off until I was absolutely sure I was pregnant.  Thank You so much for lifting my spirits today, I really needed it.  Its only 9:30 in the morning and I have had a bad morning until now.  Thank You again.         GOOD LUCK!!!! BEST WISHES!!!!!!!!!
One more thing, When is your due date?  I searched when is my due date in google and got that if I was pregnant it would be around November 14th.  E-Mail Me.  ***@****
Hi, So sorry just to interrupt yor conversation, but I need a little advice and you two seem to know what you are talking about!
I started my period on the 11th this month and by the 15th I had completely finished bleeding (normal). A week later after I had been clear for a few days, I wiped and noticed first a pink tinge and then brownish discharge. Not abnormal, just like what you get when you first start your periods.It only lasted a day/2 days Im just a bit concerned because my fiance and I are not using contraception (he just pulls out) and I had a m/c last year, so I would like to know if I am pregnant as early as poss. Do you think this could be implantation bleeding? And do you think it would be possible around this time of my cycle. Its never happened before. Thanks alot xx
Quick Question, is one able to get preggo if your significant other pulls out? I have been on a regular period schedule for the past three months, now I am seventeen days late for my period. I just had a baby in November, my husband pulls out also, and I am part-time breast feeding, is it possible to be pregnant? I took an HPT a week and a half ago, it came up neg, I'm wondering if I should take another one.
Yeah, I have heard that it is possible to get pregnant from precum which is ejaculated before the main sperm. My fiance also pulls out of me and Im a bit worried that I may be pregant this time as I have had loads of clear discharge (loads more than normal)plus tiredness and dizziness.
I think you should take another test, basically due to the fact that your period is so late. The first test can often be wrong. Godd luck, I hope you get the answer that you're wanting. Let me know how you go on. Sara x
Hey, thanks for responding. I took another test just yesterday, and it came out neg. Not quite sure what is going on with that. It may have something to do with breastfeeding but I'm going to make an app. with my Dr. tomorrow.
I would definitely wait to take a test, wait another week or so. I think it is possible that you are preg. Sorry I can't help answer your implantation question, I don't know much about it. But def take a test, it can't hurt. Good luck Sara!
What did the doctor say then?
Im not due on my period for another week so it is a nailbiting time before I can test. Im just not myself. I dont know wether it is because I am pregnant or just a bit run down. I went to drop some papers off at work today and I was so warm and light headed (and it cetainly isnt warm in england at the moment!!).Im also very emotional at the slightest thing!. I will let you know what happens though.
Get another test done (Id go for a blood test if there is no sign of your period) and let me know
Thanks and good luck x
It's such a strange thing when you feel those "maybe pregnancy symptoms" they are enough to drive you mad! Especially when you are waiting. I've been feeling tired lately, but then I think "well, maybe it's in my head".
Well, still no sign of my period. Made an appointment with my Dr. and he can't fit me in until April 20!!!! Aaaagggg! So I'm in the waiting boat with you sister.  
Keep me updated though, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
Yeah it is really frustrating at the moment and I think really women sometimes concentrate on being pregnant that much that they start to imagine all their symptoms. (I know I think that Im imagining them most of the time)!
How many tests have you done so far? Maybe it would be worth while testing again. I know it costs a fortune though!
In the Uk we have walk in centres where you can go to see a nurse without an appointment. I dont know wether you have them where you are? I was gonna say to go there so they could test you straight away!
I absolutely shattered this morning. Couldn't get out of bed and Im working til 5. Dont know how I will survive.
Take care and keep me posted. My e-mail address is ***@**** if you want to mail me direct
Cya x
Hey, I fell asleep last night at 6:00 pm woke up @ 7:30, only b/c my 4 mo. old woke me up. I 'm just going to wait this one out until the 20th unless I get any more symptoms. I'll definitely e-mail you. If you get your results before me or just want to chat, e-mail me @ ***@****.
I was 17 days late, and all hpts were neg.  I finally started on the 18th day of being late and it was a horrible period.  Anyway just wanted to tell you, I was really hoping to be pregnant but turned out I wasn't, but lynlou on the other hand had a very different outcome with hers.  She was as late as me and took a blood test and it was pos. I'll be thinking about you.  Crystal
Hi all. I am loosing my mind. I have been having unprotected intercourse with my b-f for a while now. I am a 15 days late for my period which is very unusual. I have taken 2 HPT's and they were both (-). I have a UTI and I don't know if that is the reason why. I had some bleeding for like a day about 2 weeks after I got my period in march but it was very light and only started during intercourse so I don't know what is going on. I have had 1 live birth and 2 M/C's. if any on here have experienced anything like this plz msg back. I know that I should go to the Dr. but I don't want to feel silly and want to kindof keep this a secret for now. I never had this before except for when I was preggo, but the (-)'s are getting me down.
hiya everyone my name is linzi ive got a problem with low hcg i a 15 days late with my period i have had 4 negatives and a waitinh blood test results find out 2morrow. my breats are tender and swolen have been sick on occasions with nausia do u think i could be pregnant i have already had 1 misscariage and i am gettin worried.
ok i dont know if im over reaction or not but im about 9 days late and im starting to freak out big time! i did a home test and it was negetive but there still isnt any sine of them coming. i have never had sex without a condom but i still feel like something is wrong are there any feedbacks?
I haven't had a period since March 20 and have taken 4 home pregnancy test, all have been negative. My periods have always been between the 18th and 20th of the month. How long should I wait to maybe take another test and is there a possibility I am pregnant and the tests just aren't picking it up?
I need a little advice here.  I am worried, and it's probably paranoia, but you all sound experienced, so I'd like your advice.  (And thanks by the way!)
My periods are usually fairly regular, although I have completely skipped months before.  My last period began on April 1st and lasted only 3 and 1/2 to 4 days.  (Which has also happened before.)  It is now May 6th and no period.  My cycles have been long before, so normally I wouldn't be too worried, but about 2 weeks ago during sex the condom slipped off of my boyfriend and I had to go "fishing" for it.  (Sorry if that was too graphic).  I showered right away after this happened.  This has also happened once before (the slippage) and I've been fine, since the condoms had spermicide in them.  
But I'm wondering if my later period is something else.  Last night I took an over the counter test which was negative.  I am planning on taking a second tomorrow morning (someone told me your hormone levels are higher in your first urination and the tests work better if you take them first thing) if my period is still not here.  My breasts are larger and tender, but that is usually part of PMS for me.  I have been tired lately, but my boyfriend says no more than normal, with work and all.   I am just worried and wanted to know if I should be.  I am in no way ready to have a child yet!  Thanks for getting back to me on this...
J.
You could very well be pregnant.  For all those who really arn't sure I was pregnant with twins but miscarried them.  2 hours after my hubby and I had sex I told him I was pregnant but the pregnancy test never came out positive till 2 days after my period was late.  I kept getting faint lines though.  I have two kids ages 2 and 4 and I am about 14 days late and too scared to know I am going pre law another baby right now whould just be too much for me to handle.

Finding this web site makes me want to shre my story now. I'm 23 and dh is 26, we have a dd who is 3, she was concieved while on bc and a comdom. I know this for sure b/c i mark everything down to be sure. At this point, i am 18 days late 6 test BFN and confused. We were not trying and I have NEVER been late a day in my life. We found out about DD through other random test, (surgeries and they required a blood test) I wasnt even due for period yet. Either way, I didnt have any morning sickness with her, bascially a great pregnancy. Seeing how the test ihave taken are all neg i am confused. I'm 18 das late, and feel so sick. I am very tired, cramping for the last 2wks like period was coming, i feel very Nauseous and never do, there is a creamy/white discharge which I dont ever have either, and some smells get to me so bad i want to just vomit. The sick symptons have been since Thursday and the discharge for about 10 days. (i mark it all, LOL) Although my breast dont hurt, they didnt bother me with my dd. Also my urine is very dark and i drink plenty of water so this had changed alot from 'normal', sorry maybe TMI. Well with that said what do you guys think? Anythign would be helpful, I dont have insurance and i really want to just get one or the other at this point. I even went to the clinic in town they gave me a regualr HPT and it was BFN also, they dont draw blood there to do it that way so i am trying to get the result myself. Anythoughts from women who have had morning sickness. I just dont know it somthing there makes bells and whistles go off. Thanks for the advice, Enjoy the Day.
hi i am 11 days late and the last time i had a period was the 17 of Sep.  i was on the pill but i got off it on the 22 of Sep. and i haven't started yet and i took 3 test and they were negative what can i do?
very simular situation myself, i am very regular with my peridos. This month i'm on 45th day with no period ?? I too have taken test's & got a negative result. I went to see my doctor whom informed me some times in early pregnancy there is not enough hormone to pick up on a test & to-retest in a weeks time (difer's from women to women). Also i found out my mum tested negative when she was having children & by the time she got a positive she was actualy four months gone. Its possibly inherited the way you carry - maybe you should find out a bit of family history too.
good luck
Ugh!  I am on day 43 of my usual 31 day cycle and still no period...Been able to stay calm cuz I don't know what to think...still getting negative test result!  We have only been TTC for a few months now so not overly anxious...would be a great time to be pregnant!  We have a daughter that is 4...looking forward to her having a sibling =)  The symptoms I am still having are my breasts are very tender, extreamly tired, and crampy.  Heck I don't even feel like my AF is coming anymore...now that I am 12 days passed my expected period.  Waiting till friday to call the doc again...called last friday and they said wait a week...any thoughts are welcome???
....oh and I have had bouts of acne...I rarely get a little blemish...but I have had like 3 really large painful ones...I hardly got acne as a teen.  
MY PERIOD IS NOW 13 DAYS LATE BUT I KEEP GETTINNG NEGATIVE HPT. MY BOOBS HURT, LOWER PELVIC PAIN, TIRED AND FELL SICK AT TIMES. HAS ANYONE GONE THROUGH THIS BEFORE.
14 days late and still no period, never miss a period unless on shot i just finished taking the shot in september, i have had periods sept, oct and nov, like i said i've never miss a period. I've taking a HPT (dollor store- was low on $) think it may have been why it was negative- buy a $20 one today- taking it soon so i will find out if i am, also i`m set to get married in 6 months and wanted to try after wedding, well f i`m preggers nothing much i can do about it, and i also have 2 kids 7 and 4
14 days late and still no period, never miss a period unless on shot i just finished taking the shot in september, i have had periods sept, oct and nov, like i said i've never miss a period. I've taking a HPT (dollor store- was low on $) think it may have been why it was negative- buy a $20 one today- taking it soon so i will find out if i am, also i`m set to get married in 6 months and wanted to try after wedding, well f i`m preggers nothing much i can do about it, and i also have 2 kids 7 and 5
ok took the $20 said not pregnant- but why is my period 14 days late?
I’m extremely amazed that I am not the only one on this boat. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for the past two years. This has become a journey since I am overweight and diabetic. Also, I’m in my early twenties. Doctors have tested me for, PCOD, Thyroid, Ultrasound ect. and everything shows negative.  Although, I have had many irregular periods in the past years, but I’ve been very fluent for the past eight month and we finally decided to try again last month (October) and according to my ovulation calendar I was ovulating (October 9th) in which I was active. Now, November 5th , I’m two weeks late and slightly (brown) spotting. I’ve taken numerous pregnancy test and they all come out negative. Could I still be pregnant? I finally made an appointment for this upcoming Tuesday I’m extremely anxious. Please looking for all the blessings and  advice I can get.

Thanks in advance!
Ok so my partner and i have been TTC for about 9 months now follwing my misscarriage last April with no joy!1 we are literally desperate for a baby, anyway i am now around 13 days late but i have taken 6 HPT's and they are all negative!!! :( i am trying to not think about it and calm down as i know stress can delay a period but i can't help kind of getting my hopes up!? i have made an appointment at the doctors but its not for another 10 days as i can't get any other time off work! Any advise or experiences would be great!!! Thanks
so i am eleven days late and i have taken two hpts and both negative one on the 6th day another on the ninth day i am usually never late i have a regular cycle of 26 day like clock work the one time i was late i was pregnant with my first child im unsure what to do should i just wait to see if i start
period is 15 days late, i took a hpt at would have been 5 weeks prago and its say negitive. i have not symptoms at all just tired and the missed period. could i be prago or just off cycle?
13 days late and 2 negative home tests. Currently awaiting results for my blood test! Not too sure what to think is going on, or any other reason why my period would be so late! It was expected the 12th, but on the 10th& 13th I wiped out a TON of thick clear discharge that had a little bit of spotting thru it. Then the 14th I wiped out some milky light pink discharge& the 17th I wiped out a HUGE chunk of clear discharge that came out all stretched, prob 2 or 3 inches. Since then my discharge has been either milky or just clear. Anyone have opinions on this?!
Hi all i dont know all the lingos but here goes so my last period was the 24th july it was 6 days long but it was very different than usual my bleed was brown and not much at all throughout the 6 days and since then and ive been getting sickness sore nipples and tender breast cramps and backache i have milk from breast white in colour but when i take a test it comes up negative.
The thing is i never used to get periods for 8 months or more at a time
And during this time i had intercourse with a condom it broke i became pregnant with my lovely daughter.
During my daughters pregnancy thats when my periods came back i was bleeding monthy so i didn't know i was pregnant till i was 3 months gone and even then the test was a faint positive.
Thats a bit of back ground.
Im wanting to be pregnant again we are activly trying.
I hope these symptoms are a sign of pregnancy.
Has anyone else had anything like this.
Took a blood test today so i just have to wait.
Oh and u all seem like lovely women
Hello I am 13 days late on my period and I haven't had any symptoms of coming on at all iv done test and they say negative but I hear people getting negative results but Finding out they are a month pregnant iv had sex a lot the month before my period and now iv missed it , this is my first baby so I don't know anything really but do you think its a good idear to wait until my next period is due as it's normally the 2nd of every month and then do a blood test just worrying?
hi, i know this is two months after your post but i figured i would try anyway. i was wondering if you ever got the answer you were looking for. were you in fact pregnant? or was your period just late/ missed ? i am currently in a similar situation and was hoping your in-site might help me. sept 5. i will never forget the day. i was 6 weeks pregnant and had a abortion. worst day of my life. i never would have done it , if the father was mre supportive and didnt promise me that he would only be a child support check if i kept the baby. not exactly the life i want for my child. anyway, my period has been normal every single month since, coming the first week of the month every month. well today, three months later its the 17th of the month and i am 13 days late. i feel fatigue, dizzy and crampy. ive been crampy for the last three weeks with no period. however, i dont feel the same as when i was preg. last time. they do say every pregnancy is dif tho right? idk. im so confused.-_-