Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
5 weeks after mirena removal...no period.

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Hi.

I was just wondering if i should do a pregnancy test or wait a while?! I had mirena removed  5 weeks ago...bled the 3rd day after it was removed for 1 day and nothing since! Had the merina for 18 months and didn't have a period while i was on it so i don't know what to expect! For the last week my lower back has been aching and my breasts are feeling sore! Had unprotected sex a lot in the last month as we really want another baby ASAP!
Any advice?!
You could deffinitely be pregnant but also the mirena tends to reduce your periods and it takes a couple of months to get back to normal flow.  BUT I think you should be able to test any day now.
You could be pregnant.. but then again my doc told me that it might take a while to get regulated. I had the Merina IUC removed April 21st and had no bleeding at all until April 24th, that started my period which lasted about a week then I started fertility testing (b/c we are ttc) . I had no Idea what my cycle was b/c I did not have a period the entire 2 years that the merina was in place. I purchased one of those month long fertility test kits and I just tested everyday and finally on the 18th day(which means I have a 35 day cycle) I got a positive test and for the next 3 days.. so that is where I am now waiting to see if we conceived.
Keep me posted on you.. I'd like to hear. I was so afraid that I would not be able to get pregnant or even have a period after reading about other women's issues with the merina.  Good Luck!
Hi again! Well it ended up being a false alarm....got my period today with a vengence! Can't wait 'til we can start trying again! I was a bit disappointed but it's prob better to get it now so i have a better idea of my cycle! I have been so up and down for the last 2 weeks, getting so upset over little things and the pain in my back was terrible! Bad period pain today but i'm feeling positive! Thank goodness i got rid of the mirena! Just hope it doesn't take so long to conceive! Thank you for the comments!!! Best of luck to you both.
Well, I am in your boat.  I had my mirena removed on June 1st 2009 and I am now 5 weeks removal and unlike you, I still have had no period.  I bled heavily a day or two after it was removed... but all dr. say that is not your period.  I am getting anxious and frustrated because I just want to have a period to let me know where I am in the cycle.  Not having a period is very hard.  Hopefully I see something soon.
I had my Mirena removed on 7/22 and started bleeding on 7/23.  The bleeding lasted on and off for two weeks.  I usually have a 26 day cycle, like clock work even while on the Mirena.  I tried to take a PT today but accidentally dropped it in the toilet!!!  Whoops!!  So needless to say I got an invalid result...  Getting a little nervous but would love to have another baby... My husband isn't quite ready yet because we are hitting month 9 of his unemployment, without the unemployment compensation... so I guess he's right...
Hi, I just had mine removed on sept 30 09 and i bled a tiny bit that day then nothing, then 2 days later a tiny bit of blood, then next day nothing. so every other day I was slightly bleeding. We had unprotected sex the day before removal, and I heard that I could get pregnant just from that. Also, 2 days ago we had sex with a condom because we wanted to wait to get pregnant until November, so anyways, the condom came off inside me and when i got it pulled out, there was barely any semen in there. So I could be pregnant which would be fine, but I'm still bleeding every other day. So, I'm afraid I could have a miscarriage... Anyways, I took a test the day after removal and it was negative. And, I plan to take one in 2 weeks. So, please let me know what happens with you. Your story is the closest one I've found to mine. So, email me with any advice or discoveries... my email is
***@****   THANKS! and GOOD LUCK!
Hello Ladys, this is my first time on and i just got my merina out 5 weeks ago on 09/30/09 and just like some of u guys i had a period the first 5 days and now nothing im kinda wondering if im PG cuz i had lots of TLC with no protection :|  I took a PT and nothing should i wait another week to take another plz help im not sure if maybe my period is just out of whac I NEED SOME HELP
I seem to be in the same boat with a lot of women coming off the mirena IUD.I have been on it for 3 years and just got it removed on Nov2 (cause we want to conceive ASAP). Bleed for 3 days and at around day 18 I had very light spotting which I thought was implentation bleeding......getting a lot of symptoms of preganancy... boobs hurt for 3 days, nausea for the last 3 weeks, dizzyness, cramping, gassy, extreme 3 day long headaches.  I think I am going out of my mind....2 weeks ago I went to the doctor for a blood prego test, but it was neg.  Am I making this up in my head? Going CRAZZZYYY! It is stressfull cause I have had no period either.......so if I am not pregnant, then period, please please come so I can start keeping track!!! I am off to the doctor today for another preg. test and other test to see if there is something else going weird with my body......I will keep you all posted and let you know what happens in the next day or 2 after my tests results come in.........Thinking all of you!
Sorry i haven't been online for a while! 9 weeks after i had mirena removed i had a positive preg test. Only bled for 2 or 3 days 5 weeks after i had it taken out so it wasn't the same as my usual period! I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant. All going well so far apart from the awful morning sickness. Wishing you all luck ttc. x
I had mirena removed Dec 19th of 2009, and jsut like everyone else 3 days later I bled for about 10 days. Since then i have not had a period! I have read it takes some time for your period to regulate, but i ALWAYS had a period on mirena and a very regular one. I do NOT want to get pregnant, I have not had unprotected sex. If there is anyone who is in the same boat as me and got there period a little reassurance would be fantastic!
Hey there to you and really anyone that can relate. I had my Merina taken out on the 22nd of Jan, for many reasons. I had it in over a year and once I got thorough the horrible introduction of it to my body, that took about 3-4 months. I finally got used to it. My husband always said he could feel it and there were times after sex I bled slightly. I had my yearly PAP done the end of Dec 2009 and after that I developed an infection. Now I believe that it was from the PAP and something with the Merina. I had itching, burning when I peed, cramps, bloody show, and the real kicker was what felt like mild contractions all day long. After being put on a anti for Bacterial Vaginosis for a week and not getting better and researching all the things that can happen due to Merina I wanted it out.

Just a little about me. I have two boys a soon to be 4 in April and a 1 1/2 year old. I am a stay at home mom and it's a lot of fun, hard work, that can drive me crazy sometimes. I just lost 33 lbs on WW with all the excitement to get into a bikini this summer, with no plans for having another just yet. All that said I was not planning on having this turn of event with the infection of Merina and not to long ago was not planning on having it removed. I have had no periods for a while that was a plus.

So that brings us to now. I had sex with my hubby on the 17Th of Jan and on the 21 the day before removal not even thinking about the risks of getting pregnant, which we do not want right now. Looking back pre Merina I ovulated around the 21st. I had small amount of blood after removal that I though was the start of my (. )on the 24Th and then nothing:( I have been so bloated that it's really uncomfortable, nauseous, tired, just not feeling as sexy as I have felt. With WW I track all that I eat, the good bad and the ugly and even going on Vaca I have not gained more than 1 1/2 lbs I am now up 2lbs. I had no issue with my boobs and was happy about that until last night. Not sore but tingly and my nipples are poky. Needless to say I'm not totally happy about this and part of me would be.

Where is my period and why do I feel pregnant? I took a cheap dollar tree test yesterday that was neg but it's still to early to test and I just have to wait;( It's hard to relax. my insurance does not cover maternity and like others we have high medical bills from this past year to pay for. I know we will be fine, our family will be in total shock but I'm still in hopes that AF comes and comes soon. Does anyone else have the same symptoms besides not missing AF.
zena1812...I'm in the same boat as you. I had the Mirena taken out on 1/28 after having it for 2 1/2 years.

I charted my cycle pre-Mirena removal and it was a similar cycle to my usual cycles (before I had the Mirena)..with O around day 15/16. I had a slight period on 1/19 and on CD9 we DTD - the day before the removal. I didn't think of anything since I figured I wouldn't O until several days later anyway. Since I chart my temps, FF says I ovulated two days after the Mirena removal (due to my temps only) which also the day I had some removal bleeding. I thought it was odd but several days later I started to feel pregnant (about 4-5 after O)..nausea, sore breasts (I never had that with my 2 other pregnancies), headaches, hungrier as usual etc... I thought it was odd to feel pregnant so soon after O (I didn't have any symptoms with my two boys until the 6th week). Well..my temps have been up and down and I had slight brownish spotting a few days ago (about 13 DPO)...depending on my temps I should be getting my AF any day now. I'm on CD28 right now..no sign of AF. I really have no idea what is going on.. I haven't tested yet but I'm going to see a Dr. today for a possible ear infection so hopefully I'll find out what's going on.
Hello everybody!
I am glad to read all your stories are similar to mine, I had my coil removed 1st of feb, bled really heavy 3 days later passing cloths etc, even got medicine to keep me from bleeding so heavy. I actually thought that my normal period started 8 feb as i bled normal for a week and it felt like a period. Since then I have not had a period yet I have 3 neg pregnancy tests.......I am now just waiting, maybe my cycle is a bit messed up?? xx
Hi (1st time using this site)

i had my IUD removed on March 9, because we want another baby. my doctor told me we can start trying right away (and we did). and now a week later i find myself feeling nausea, sore breast, light headed and just today i noticed stretch marks on my boobs (that were not there before). could i already be pregnant!? im trying not to think about it too much but it is driving me crazy!!!

oh and like many of you i also had bleeding for a few days after i had my IUD removed, but went away within 3 days.
I had my Mirena (IUD) removed on Feb. 3rd, 2010 and started my PMS on Feb. 6th, 2010 lasted up to five days and I haven't started since funny huh. We are all in the same boat Mirena is really tricky! Well I took 4 PT's & all neg. So I'm just waiting a month more because I had spoke to my OB/GYN and she said give it a  month more if not come into the office. So we will see happens till then!
Well I'm back I started my PMS as of April 1st and now I ain't worried because I was like as I pregnant or not. My PMS is so strong and heavy flowing that my cramping is so bad. Last night I couldn't sleep because of the heavy flow and the bad cramping. Well all this explains my breakouts (that I never had), bloating, crankiness, migraine headaches, and sore breast. Thank God it my PMS is back because I was thinking was wrong with me since I had not started. So just expect the worst when you start and have plenty of pads because it's heavy flow..TTYL
Hi All,

I have never done anything like this before but I am so worried. I had Mirena removed in December the 16th if I can remember correctly after having it for 9 months. I bleed up until 12/24. In January I had bleeding that started on the 21st and lasted 6 days so I was assuming that would be my regular cycle time. I had a biopsy in February believe it was the 10th which caused me to bleed for 3 days, again assuming this was cycle. Now the entire month of March has passed with no AF. I have pregnancy symptoms but all hpt's are coming up negative. Finally today I went to the Dr. for blood test but I am feeling really down and negative due to the multiple negative HPT results! Who would have ever thought it would be so hard? I have two kids and neither were planned. Now that I am planning NOTHING! Will update once I get blood test results tomorrow!
hi every1 this is my first time posting and i really need advice, my mirena fell out just under two weeks ago and i've not had a period yet, been getting alot of sickness, already have a 7year old son and the sickness feels like when i was pregnant with him, could i be pregnant or is this just a sign of my body adjusting to the mirena coming out? All info would be greatful x
Hi. I had my Mirena IUD for 4+ years. I had it removed January 2010. We started ttc#1 right away. It took me 31 days to get my first period once I had it removed. Once I got it it came on day 25 for the next couple of months. I'm not sure if I'm really that regular because I haven't had a period for over 4 years because of the IUD. So far no baby, my fingers are crossed! AF is due on the 23rd if my cycle is 25 days again. Good luck to everyone!
Have you gone to the doctor yet? I can't believe your IUD fell out, how crazy and scary! When I had my IUD removed I didn't have ANY side effects at all. It just took me 31 days to get a period. I've never been pregnant (we are trying) but the sickness sounds like you might be. I would definitely call the doctor to put your mind at ease. Good luck, keep me posted!
Hi, i had mirena coil taken out 24 days ago now, 29 May 2010. 2 spots of blood, 5th may,15th May, therefore no proper period and negative testing.. First day since removal that i feel ok, had bad headaches, cramps etc.. so hopefully body getting used to removal and we conceive soon as im dead excited at thought of being a mother again...

Has anyone conceived quite quickly after removal?

E. xxx
Had my mirena removed April 27 2010 and had, had my period the week before April 20th and bleed for about 6 days. After removal I bleed HARD for a week with clots the size of quarters or bigger. I keep testing becuz I feel like I am pregnant (same symptoms as my other 2 daughters gave me) but nothing but BFN:( Was wondering if anyon was in the same boat and when wud be a good time to ring the doctor to get a blood test?
I had my mirena removed a wk ago on the 8th. I spotted the 3rd day after removal once. me and my b/f also mad the mistake of having unprotected sex the day after removal n a few days b4 removal. I'm freaking out cuz i have yet to actually start or bleed from removal like everyone else has. I havent had a period since december. When i did have one it was usually around the 8th. so im freaking out big time cuz I had mirena removed around the time i should of started and had unprotected sex the day after removal n spotted extremly lightly once the next morning. n e advice please.

Try not to panic, i had my mirena taken out on the 17th June and had a very heavy period, which lasted fora long time. Since then my cycles r all messed up, it came a week early last month and now i am due to day and have nothin, ( I was always reg before mirena!) Anyway alot of people get one extreme or the other after removal, either v heavy bleeding or none at all!  It is possible that you could be pregnant and the only way you will know unfortunately is to wait and take a test which, believe me i know is extremely difficult when you need to know "NOW"

We are tying to conceive our fourth child so hopefully we will be lucky this month!!

Best of luck!  and I hope you get the result you want!

Please post again and let me know how you get on!!

Spurs 1 x
HI I HAD MY MIRENA REMOVED JAN 13,2010 AFTER HAVING IT FOR ABOUT 5-6 MONTHS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT SINCE MAY ...... I DONT HAVE NORMAL PERIODS AT ALL ,,,, SOME ARE 31 DAYS WHILE OTHERS ARE 33,36,40,39.... I HAVE AVERAGED THE LAST 5 MONTHS AND I GET AN AVERAGE OF 37 , SO I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DETERMINE WHEN I OVULATE BY THAT ... I NEED SOME ADVICE SO PLEASE HELP...... IS IT REALLY THIS HARD TO GET PREGNANT AFTER REMOVING MIRENA ???
Hi everyone~ Just reading some of the posts on here and I feel the same as so many of you! I had my Mirena taken out Aug 31. I had it in for 2 yrs with no periods after about the 3rd month. It was great! I have had no other adverse reactions to the Mirena (cramps, spotting, etc). I did however have spotting 2 weeks before removal. No biggie.. After removal I had 2 days of spotting on Sept 10. And NOTHING since then.... :( I have had unprotected sex, but Pg test today is negative... :( I really want my periods back to normal..never thought I'd say that.. Any thoughts?? TTC baby #3 ( I currently have a 14y/o and 2y/o) Different timews in life..lol..I am 32 years old, and no problems conceiving prior to this. HELP!!
i got my IUD out yesterday...11/4 it was horrible! they couldn't get it the first try so i had to go back later that day so he could try again, he got it! i was so excited. i have had it in for 3 1/2 yrs and i asked him how long it could take to conceive? he told me if you have it in for longer than 2 yrs that it could take up to a month or longer. i hope that's not the case we want one ASAP! i bleed a little bit the first day but nothing today! we had unprotected sex already and i just hope everything moves along quickly just trying not to get my hopes up! worries me a little bit after reading all the posts. but good luck to everyone TTC!!
well its now day 4 and no pd. i wish it would come soon so i no what my cycle is! i have been very tired and it seems like i cry over everything!! could it be my hormones?? has anyone had the same issues after getting the iud out??
i had my iud taken out march 2010 after 3 days i had what i thought was my period for a full 5 days during having the iud i had no periods so after that i had one that started in may and lasted 3 weeks since then i have not had a period me and my husband having been trying to have another child and all pregnancy tests have came back negitive but have not had a period in almost 6 months i dont know what to do anymore
Monday Dec 6, 2010 I had my Iud taken out due to the fact that I had to have a leep procedure and the IUD would have been in the way.. Never had any problems until the Iud...has to do with the hormones and wreaks havock in the body makes you Estrogen dominant. Anyway, that's what we all are dealing with. Our bodies are used to the IUD releasing the progesterone/progestine. Our bodies create less to compensate. Our bodies act like we are pregnant when on the IUD. What happens when the IUD is removed, is your bodies are recieving the synthetic progestine from the IUD and has already compensated for it by creating less.  So what many are experiencing is "Mirena Shock" (Example: Same goes for those whom are on SSRI's...bodies are used to the amount of seretonin from the med and creates less, causeing a very unpleasant withdrawal in a few days if the med is halted suddenly)
While barely any progesterone is being created in our bodies, we are being inundated by all this Estrogen....Estrogen dominence. Creates a very unpleasant experience until our bodies regulate themselves. I can relate to what most of you have/are going through...and its pure misery! Yes, generally makes you feel like you have a false pregnancy. Yes, some of you, may actually be pregnant . But as far as I go, I know for a fact there isn't a chance that I am pregos. Just feel like it, and have the severe headaches, aweful moodswings, my breasts have enlarged and feel as if I am sapposed to be nursing again. Im so tired, have all these wierd food craveings, blood sugar is off and I get weak and shakey (shaky) for what seems to be no reason, cramping, bleeding, bloating(I must have gained 10 pounds since last week! Ugh and the list goes on!
Hello, I'm also kind of confused.  I had my mirena removed March 15, but I haven't bled at all since then, except very very minor spotting.  Its now April 21 and I've taken 2 pregnancy tests.  Both negative.  However,  my mood is up and down,  crying for no reason lol etc..do you think I should take an early response test or wait longer? We Are ttc Just don't want to set myself up for disappointment.  
I had my Mirena put in 2 months after I had my son. I had extremely heavy bleeding from it so the doc put me on estrogen to slow it down. 7 months later I was still steadily bleeding (never stopped for more then a day here and there). 2 weeks before my apt to remove it, my bleeding suddenly stopped. I still had it removed, but here it is 2 weeks after removal and I haven't even spotted. I haven't taken a pt yet, kind of scared to. My husband and I aren't quite ready for another yet, but the mirena had to come out. What do yall think? Could I have gotten pregnant or is my cycle just crazy right now?
so i had my iud merina taken out a little over a month ago and started on the pill 3 days later. about 2 weeks after removal i started having pregnancy symptoms but i waited to take a pregnancy test. needless to say i still have yet to get my period and its already been a month since removal. i had the iud for 1 year and no periods while on it, and i did not bleed or spot after removal. i took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and that came out neg. Im starting to worry because of the symptoms that ia m having and no period yet. I am thinking that i may need to go to the doctor and get checked out because the stress of a possible pregnancy or when i may finally get my period is scary and really stressing me out!
I am even more confused reading all this :( HELP!! Had a mirina coil inserted for 3 and half years, no periods during this time (occasional spotting) . Had coil out Thursday 23rd June it's is now tuesday 26th July (33 days) and nothing! I bled the 2nd day after removal for 1day then absolutely nothing since!!! Did a test last week, neg. However, I did not get a pos result with my little girl until I was 10weeks preg (did a dating scan) I even had a blood test that was neg which I worked out I would had actually been 6weeks preg :( so I do not trust tests at all. I have increased hunger and I am so tired ALL the time, which is crazy as I am a sports coach. My breasts and in particular my nipples r tingly I think I could b preg regardless of neg result. Just thinking perhaps though it could be the after effects from the coil removal?! Who knows?? So confused...
Well I did another pregnancy test 31st July and it came backpositive!  I had an early scan to check the pregnancy was not eptopic, it's not. I had my coil out almost 7weeks ago and I am almost 7weeks pregnant! Got another scan in 2wks to check development.. So it is possible to fall pregnant immediately, I am living proof. Good luck to all
ugh. reading all these im so discouraged. i had mine removed two weeks ago, and havent had any bleeding at all. i have two children and i know what feeling pregnant is like, and im def not in that area (yet) im just waiting for my period so i can track ovulation. i feel lost without that. man this baby fever is driving me crazy.
Hello Had my Mirena taken out on 05/28/11 i had a period maybe a week a later, Where on 08/18/11 and still no period.. I took blood work pregnancy test.. Im just worried i never thought i would want my period to come this bad.. Not pregnant, Ive been on the Beyaz no for 2 months and i love it.. Im just worried about not having my period...

I had my Mirena removed on 8/03/2011, I had bleeding for 1 day, 3 days after removal. Nothing since. Hoping I could possibly be pregnant. How long should I wait to actually take a test? Any suggestions would be great!
How frustrating is this!!  I had mine removed on Sept 2 and still nothing and today is the 26. I have had many pregnancy symptoms since and have not got my period. I have never had a regular period so I am not sure when I am supposed to start. I had a little brown discharge on Sept 7th and 8th and nothing since. I have had extremely sore breasts (where it hurt to put a shirt on), some weird food cravings, feeling like I am more hungry than normal, have food aversions (some to the point where I almost gag), extreme fatigue (mid-day or afternoon sometimes), cramping (not painful, but twitching almost). I am not sure if I am pregnant or if they are just symptoms since having Mirena removed. Taken one test and it was negative. Not sure if it is too early to tell or if these are symptoms of have it removed.  
After reading these posts I'm starting to worry a bit.  I had my Mirena removed Sept 9th, had it in for about 1 1/2 yrs, and only bled a little when I would wipe but nothing else.  I still have not had a period or any bleeding at all. I also never had a period while I was on the Mirena.  My husband and I are wanting to get pregnant asap since he will be going back out to see in a year and he has missed the first year of our other 2 children's lives.  We have been having unprotected sex as much as possible, lol, am I crazy to think I can get pregnant even though I haven't had a period?  It's really started to get me down not having a period or anything!  Any advice? =(
I had mine removed on july 21st. July 23rd had bleeding most likely my period and then nothing until today, I believe I am starting. So to all u gals who are 5 weeks late take an hpt but don't get your hopes up too much it'll drive u nuts trust me!
So.. Here's my story; had Mirena in for 1 1/2 years, never been pregnant, bled the entire time(light but there) minus a few days here and there. My last "period" before removal was Aug 20th to Sept 11th. Had colposcopy on Sept 19th, came back okay don't have to go back until Dec 22nd. Had Mirena removed on Sept 21st. It is now Oct 17th and no hint or sign of period. My boobs were really sore and nipples have been tender and erect for the past week, and when my bf layed on top of me(being silly) I kinda had a funny feeling in my lower abdomen. I intend to buy a hpt tomorrow morning, will keep you updated.  
Hello, so my story is kind of similar . I got my Mirena IUD removed on September 9th, bleed for 6 days after. A week or two after that I got my regular period on Sep 23th. Now in October I am  5 days late ,  the only symptom that I have is a little bit of pain in my breast and I did have some cramping last week ( but a different cramps that when you have your period). I have take three of those "early" pregnancy tests but they are a lll negative. I called my Dr. and she say to wait another week and if nothing to go in for a blood test. I am so anxious I don't know what to think, anybody has a similar case?
Congratulations :) you are giving me hope, I already have take three test and all of them are negative :( , I am like a clock I even got my period after the removal ( even after I bleed from the removal for several days). This is the first time in my life with a late period, I am going crazy not knowing
hey everyone

i had my mirana removed oct 5th after having it in for five years. had periods throughout those years. my boyfriend and i had sex the night before removal and a few days after unprotected. which happend to be ther week i was ovulating. my period came last month on sept. 23 and i bled until the day i got the iud taken out (not sure why). well anyways, here it is the 27 and still no period five pregnancy test later and still all negatives i have no idea what to do can i be pregnant?
I need help. I had my IUD removed and i missed my period. My last period was on Oct 27. It is now Dec 11. I took two pregnancy test and came out negative. Is it normal to have missed periods after the removal of the IUD? Im a little scarred that i have not gotten my menstrual cycle. I always get it every month. Should i be concerned?
alot of the same story I have but no answers... Had my mirana taken out last month on the 9th... While on it I would have a very light period the begining of the month... It is now the next month on the 15th and I still haven't had a period... Did a few pregnancy test but are turning up negative... I feel pregnant but yet test neg... Help!!!
heres my story..i made an appointment to have my mirena taken out on because hubby and i are tryn to concieve (conceive). i had it removed on nov 29,2011. a few days before my normal period was supposed to start. i new i was going to start around that time thats why i got it removed then. i started my period on dec 1,2011. it lasted for about 6 to 7 days normal period. i had periods while i had the mirena at the end of the month to the beginning of the next. i was supposed to start dec 31,2011 and i havnt. im 18 days late now. i was taken pregnancy test after pregnancy test. but i havnt taken one in a week. im waiting to take one because im tryn not to get my hopes up because reading some of the comments ppl have had periods not come. well mine did and hubby and i are ttc we have had intercouse about every other day and he goes in me everytime...i did have like pinkish blood spotting on 1.9.12 and it was only when i wiped..well i put a panty liner on cuz i thought i was going to start. well i went back to the bathroom and nothing..not even when i wiped..that whole week i took a pregnancy test everyday..negative..ive always had to wait til i was like 6 to 8 weeks later from the last period i had to get a positive result. so im tryn to wait til the end of this month. we are hoping im pregnant. fingers crossed..i have been having some symptoms like bloated (pants are very very tight compared when i had my period), nausea off and on and no vomiting, tired all the time, gassy, and consipation(i kno i didnt spell it right). my left breast feels tender on the outside but thats it..cramping off and on but not bad at all...im hoping that i get a postive result when i test this weekend and ill keep every one updated..this is the second time ihad the mirena removed first time was in july 08 and i got pregnant 3 months after i got pregnant and she is now a healthy 2 and half yr old...this time is different..i got my mirena taken out nov 29 had a normal period and nothing since...i have talked to a nurse and she said that its normal..then i talked to another nurse and she said it is possible for a women to get pregnant right after removal because the mirena is the release of artifical hormones when they are gone that hormone is gone..some ppl bodies get back to normal fast and some take a little bit to get back to normal..it depends on womens body..good luck to those who are ttc baby dust to all....it just takes time for some and some no time at all..we are hoping im pregnant because this will be the last child we are going to have...fingers crossed everyone ill keep yall updated..im going to test this this week...
Its a toughie waiting it out to test. I had my mirena removed jan 2011 to try for my 4th baby. Took 6 months for my positive test, but had been told it can take up to a year. Am now 35 weeks pregnant. Just an idea, but the same month I fell pregnant i had used a sperm friendly lubricant called conceive plus, might just be coincidence, but could be worth a try?
thankz..i had the mierna once before and this didnt happen.3 months after removal i was prego and well shes is a healthly 2 and half yr old...but this time i dunno..i had a normal period dec 1 2 days after i had it removed. i knew i was gonna start...hubby and i have been have intercourse alot..at least every other day..here lately ive been feeling tired and sick but not gettn sick and some foods make me wanna gag or take funny...bloated.i dunno..i hate waiting to test..with all my other pregnancies i really didnt have any symptoms til i was like 6 to 8 weeks after my last period and i didnt ever find out i was until like 8 weeks after my last period..so i just hope i am and aww 35 weeks..thats awesome..we are tryn for out 3rd child technically but my 5th child..
Dec my IUD was removed. Well 6 weeks later nothing. I did not have the spotting or bleeding that everyone is talking about after removal.  Should I be worried?
Well I had my mirena out 9th jan 2012, had a little spotting for a day 2 days after having it out, I have had nothing since, had unprotected sex a few times since having it out, all preg test neg. Not done one for a week or so now, but still no sign of period. When will it come, its stressful all this waiting.
I need help from everyone... I got my IUD taken out about 2 months ago; bled like most of you for a couple days after removal. I've had unprotected sex a lot since then- and I havent gotten a period.
Questions;
How do I know when i'm getting my period after removal? If the period doesnt come... should I assume i'm NOT pregnant because my cycle is off? Or should I take a PT?
Thoughts?
Thanks!!
-EB!
Dont be worried.... every woman's (human's in fact) is different. Everyone reacts differently to different things. Your body must have been glad to get rid of the IUD. Hope this helps!
Question- how long after removal did you get an actual "Period". I got mine removed about 2 months ago- bled like crazy after removal- and then nothing. NO PERIOD. It drives me crazy thinking I may be pregnant. :( What do you think?
-EB
I had my mirena rem i have had NO period or Bleeding since its now march 10 2012 is this normal? i am 22 have 2 kids 1 s & 1 dd i have no idea if this is normal? had many probs w/ mirena pain cramps gained w/ it sucked had it taken out 1 1/2 years early... could this be a problem? thank you :/
Ok so like im reading all of these comments but there is no end result did you end up prego o did you have a pd im in the same boat had mirena two years later took it out cause of problems five days later had a pd for two days normal by the way for me now its like a missed pd one week three says later no pd took a test three I should say all negative im worried cause I had surgery two weeks ago n I need yo know where my pd is and is this normal
I had my mirena removed on 2/20/12 and got my period for 6 days starting 2/22/12 and havent had anything since, no spotting nothing, is it possible to be pregnant??  does it take time to become regular again, I had the mirena for 5 years before removal.  The only thing the doctor said was I will resume my normal cycle as soon as it was due??
Help!!!
Hi i had my coil removed 8thfeb and 8weeks later im still waiting for my period, im so worried coil has mest it up as i have got it out 2 start TTC, i get period pains, achy hips, breast tenderness ect. iv done 6HPT all neg, so really want my AF to come. i had coil in for 3years and no period on it, x
i got my mirena removed on the 19th of march and got my period on the 16th of april. i went to the doctors for a check-up cuz i had to get mine surgically removed. the doctor said that after the first big period it will be on a monthly schedule. Well its about the same time again for my period to come but so far nothing. Im a little moody and have back pains. should i take a pt test or should i wait? plz help.
I had the coil for 18month and got it removed to try for baby about 5 weeks ago, been trying for 4 weeks. I bled first three days when removed and just came on yesterday but all I have felt is sick,had head and sleepy.i took a test on 6th of june but negative. Not sure wot to think
Hi i have my mirena coil out 3 weeks past tuesday had it for 2 yrs  was bleeding for 4 days after it den stopped were wanting a child im gettin crampin and tender breasts n very hormonal took a early preg test tuesday past it was neg really dunno wat to do next should i wait a couple of weeks??
I had my IUD removed on 5/4/12. I had a period 3 days later with heavy bleeding for almost over a week. I have not had a period since May. My husband and I are TTC. I have had PMS/pregnancy symptoms. I have had taken multiple HPTS and have come out negative and had a blood test which came out negative. I just don't know what to think!
Had my iud removed on may 18, I had a period on the 21 n it lasted for 5 days off n on real light n I'm ttc but I took 4 hpt n all negative, I had my iud for 2yrs n this my 3rd time using it n nothing like this before. What should I do?
I took my Mirena IUD out myself on June 6, It's now July 13 & still no period. I did have a very small amount of spotting after I removed it, but no period. My boobs are so sore.... I'm lactating (but I have been ever since I had my daughter 5 years ago), but my boobs usually aren't sore like this.  My belly feels swollen.. I'm up 5 lbs.  With my daughter I was 19 when I got preg so I didn't realize it until I was 8 weeks.  Now I feel like I'm pregnant, but the test said negative.  I kind of want to be pregnant bc my daughter's dad doesn't pay support & we're really struggling, but the would-be dad of this maybe baby is loaded and super sweet. He doesn't think I'm preg bc he said I was at the peak of my fertility at 19, but we've had unprotected sex (he pulls out) maybe 5 times since I removed my IUD. My daughter's dad and I had sex 3 times in one day, the only day that whole month I had sex, and I fell pregnant.  I wish I could just have a period again and track my cycle. It was always irregular as a teen, which is why I didn't realize I was pregnant the first time.  I wish I'd just have a period again!! Any updates on you ladies?
Hey you guys! I had my bc removed a couple weeks ago I had it for almost 4 yrs when I had it removed it was imbedded. Just wondering how long until I would start my cycle. No spotting or anything since I had it removed. I started pills the same day I had it removed. But the hubby and I have had unprotected sex. Could I be prego?
Can anybody help me I had my Mirena of 3 years removed on August 14th 2012  after that I bled for 4 days and then it just stopped and I haven't bled since. My Husband and I are wanting a baby so we're trying but I don't know if that was my period or if I'm still waiting for one. We aren't using any backup methods and now I'm on day 33 and no bleeding. I'm all emotional and I have been feeling nauseas and my breast are sore and tingly. I don't know if I should take a pregnancy test or wait a little while longer. Any advice would be helpful thank you.
I had my iud removed in July then got pregnant in September 6 weeks later i had a miscarriage... Im am scared to try again because i have read many women have many miscarriages after the iud removal..
Ok I am completely confused I have read threw all the posts on here and it seems like so many of you have gone threw what I am now. I got my IUD removed Sep 27th after having it in for 8 months cuz me and my husband decided to try for another child. I had my normal period on the 16th of Sep. and it lasted about 5 days. Since I had my IUD removed I have not had a period since and its now NOV 2. I have done alot of home tests all came back negative and went in for blood work yesterday and it came back negative. So everythings showing I am not pregnant but yet my body acts and feels like it is. Anyone else dealt with this and know whats going on???
I had my IUD removed april 3 2012. got my period on the 5. they would come each month 2-5 days apart from the one a month before. then in september had no period finally the second week in october I got it and it has been coming late ever since,but I have been trying to get pregnant since april and its not happening so now im scared that the IUD made me infertile..............anyone with similar symptoms.
I had my last period dec.11-16th and had my mirena removed dec 17th. I had unprotected sex dec 23rd. It's now jan 14th and no period. I've took PG but all negative. I'm hoping I'm pregnant but I don't know. I have all the symptoms. Anybody been in this position? If so were you prego or body just adjusting?
So we're you prego? Asking because I hadn't period dec.11-16th and had my mirena removed the 17th and its now jan 14 and I haven't had a period but all the home test says negative
Hi there I had my iud removed about 5 weeks ago and have no bleeding at all what so ever took a hpt and negitive how long dose it take to get ur period I have nothing no spotting nada kinda getting concerned
Im now going on six week post removal of idu Mirena No period nothing ive been tfying for a baby every day sense removal . Took 3 pt about 3-4. Weeks after removal. And ofcorse was a -Neg.
Now six weeks still no sign of period. I ha e nipple tenderneas but I questiin if that just ive gain sum waight. Bra to tight , or hopfully early sign of pregnancy:)
Im nervous to retest I dnt want my husband and I to feel a let down are son just turn five and we want him to have a sibling asap
I didnt have a period the whole five years. So im not sure what to exspect
I had mirena iud removed January 24 2013 got my period January 28 2013 and it went off like February 3 2013..when I was on mirena I had no periods..now at first I had em every other month BUT dey stopped..me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex like February 5 nd I supposedly was fertile around that time n so my period was due February 28 nd it DIDNT come on and I have take a pregnancy test its negative tho and its MARCH 2 2013 ND STILL NO PERIOD IM WONDERING COULD I BE PREGNANT OR IS MY PERIOD NOT BACK TO NORMAL THE REASON IT IS LATE..PLEASE HELP!!!???
I had mirena remove March 22 2013 after having it for 7 mo. and its only been a little over three weeks and I bled for 4 days very light after removal. Nothing but mood swings fatigue dizziness and cramping since..... we are ttc and iv been tracking my cerviacl mucus (sry tmi) and I think I'm ovulating now bc its clear and stretchy. But I'm not Sure when to take a prego test or when to expect my period again?  Very normal cycle but I had no periods on mirena
I had mine taken out on feb 20, 2013 and I just took 2 test and both came up positive pretty quick. Never had a period with the merina and I had it almost 3 yrs and when I got it out on feb 20th didn't bleed and haven't had a period just wondering if someone could help me figure out how far I might be or what to tell the nurse when I call to make an appointment
Hi everyone! I had my Miranda iud out on April 7, 2013 after having it in for the full five years. I never had a period when it was in and had no problems with it at all. After I had it removed I had spotting for about 2 days and that was it. The doctor told me that it was because I was having a period when she removed it but it was not like a normal period. I have been feeling very off lately and figured I could be pregnant but it's too early to tell yet. I was never sick with my son so I'm not sure what morning sickness and all the pain is like. I'd imagine its kind of how I have been feeling for the past week. But then again it could be my body just regulating again. I just thought I would have had a period by now after not having one for so long. Has anyone else had this same thg happen? How long did it take for you to get  a period.? ? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!
I am in the same boat.  I had a Mirena for the full term then I replaced it for two more years.  I removed it on April 18th and spotted for two days. NO PERIOD.  I never had a period with Mirena. So I have no idea.  May 30th will be 6 weeks.  I have taken 2 pregnancy tests both negative.  I have the crazy emotions that some others were describing along with VERY sore breasts and mild irritating cramps (all the time).  It is confusing and frustrating to not understand what is going on here!  I would welcome either option, a period or a pregnancy.
Hi any sign of periods yet?? I had my mirena out on 9th May after full 5 years and thought I wud wait a couple of months (and presumed 2 periods) before deciding whether to have another put in or use other contraception. I have had no bleeding whatsoever.
Took a test 2 days ago as had u/p sex on 9th June even tho I knew it wud be too early but just going out of my mind. Neg result - slightly disappointed even tho not trying for baby and in middle a degree course! Had no period or pregnancy symptoms at all, but having some very vivid pregnancy related dreams!!

Considering going to docs for test to know for sure then get another mirena put in to avoid this torment any longer!
I had removed my meriena on 31 may 2013 and i was bleeding at that time not heavy but just spotting after that I was due for my periods on 25th june but it was late in thefirdst week of july but only for 3 days normaly I have 5 day period. Nw I m feeking bit funny movments in my tummy jus like I m prgnt in june I dit test but it was negtive but nw I m feeling very tired always feel hungery and butterfly feelings I really dont knw if I m pregnt or these r just side effects of removal of merina and also I lost weight after removel (removal).
First you wouldnt feel movement already if you were pregnant.... because you would only be a few weeks. And second people dont normally look at comments that are from posts from 4 years ago.. It is always best to start your own post.
I had my mirena removed July 24th and started on the pill.  I decided that I wanted to go ahead n try to have another child so I stopped the pill after only taking it a week.  I have spotted 2 times since I took the mirena out but haven't seen my period yet.  This has kept me thinking am I going to have  a regular cycle or will I go ahead and get pregnant.  It very confusing.  Does anyone have any comments to this?
Hi everyone My name is Tabatha, I had my IUD Mirena removed this year just couple weeks ago on 8/8/13. The whole time I had the IUD I never had a period. I am wanting another baby, I have 2 kids My Son is 8 and My Daughter is 6. I still have yet to have my period since the removal :( I'm scared the Mirena has effected me having a period. Or am I just wanting to have a baby so bad I keep thinking negative. My boyfriend says it will happene when it happens, but I hate that i can't track my period/ovulation.
I am going on 7 weeks without a period. I had my mirena for one year and never had a cycle. We took my mirena out on July 10th and I started bleeding on the 13th for only two days. I thought that was my period but from reading other comments...idk. I spotted on the 26th and again on 8/9. We have been having unprotected sex since July 10th. I took a PT on 8/15 and it as neg. We are going to take another test on 9/1 hopefully we get a positive test. Wish us luck. We really are ttc.
I have had mirena for five years and jus got it out sept 3 2013... I want to no how long will it b before I c mi cycle ....and can I still get pregnant ..
How many of these women actually ended up being pregnant after posting on this site
hi,
   had my coil in for nearly 3 years I only had one period while it was in place and it fell out on 8th November 2013  and the only bleeding I have had was a very light spotting and it didn't even last 3hours so I wouldn't say it was a period and I was just wondering how long it takes for them to start again. Me and my husband had unprotected sex the night it fell out and a week after, I have done a pregnancy test and it came but negative was it to early to tell if I was pregnant ? I've have been very emotional over pretty much everything is it just my body getting back to normal?
Hi, I'm new to this and apologise for my lingo lol .. Right I had my mirena coil removed 18 days ago & still have had no bleeding at all , my breasts are sore , I'm very exuasted even when I do nothing! My boobs have gone a size up , and have also darkened , I go dizzy when getting up & felt sick but haven't been sick , hughe loss in appitite ... My lower back has spasms n also aches loads.. I've taken 6 hpt & all have came up negative !! I'm so confused dr said she almosted convinced I'm pregnant & mayb I'm testing to early , feels like I'm goin insane has this happend to anyone else ??
Hi I have been on the mirena for four years and just got it removed in November and a week later I got my period... it lasted five days like always but now I'm waiting on my period and its three days late...I have tried menstrual calendars to make sure I'm accurate with my dates because I have been have un protected sex since my removal... took a pregnancy test on the first day my menstrual was suppose to start but it came back negative... could I had tested to early or just my period late? Please help I'm getting a little aggitated
Hi so i had my mirena iud (light bleeding while it) out on Jan 6 2014. Bleed after, almost nothing. Its now Jan 30 2014 an still no period. Freaking me out because we are ttc (trying to conceive). But no 1st cycle hope it comes. Im taking ovulation test an pregnancy test and nothing ill keep posted
Did u get your period in end, had mine out same time as you but still no sign and fed up like many others on here of having all the pregnancy syptoms (symptoms) but not pregnant grrr!!!
Did u get your period in end?