5 weeks after mirena removal...no period.
Hi.

I was just wondering if i should do a pregnancy test or wait a while?! I had mirena removed  5 weeks ago...bled the 3rd day after it was removed for 1 day and nothing since! Had the merina for 18 months and didn't have a period while i was on it so i don't know what to expect! For the last week my lower back has been aching and my breasts are feeling sore! Had unprotected sex a lot in the last month as we really want another baby ASAP!
Any advice?!
alot of the same story I have but no answers... Had my mirana taken out last month on the 9th... While on it I would have a very light period the begining of the month... It is now the next month on the 15th and I still haven't had a period... Did a few pregnancy test but are turning up negative... I feel pregnant but yet test neg... Help!!!
heres my story..i made an appointment to have my mirena taken out on because hubby and i are tryn to concieve. i had it removed on nov 29,2011. a few days before my normal period was supposed to start. i new i was going to start around that time thats why i got it removed then. i started my period on dec 1,2011. it lasted for about 6 to 7 days normal period. i had periods while i had the mirena at the end of the month to the beginning of the next. i was supposed to start dec 31,2011 and i havnt. im 18 days late now. i was taken pregnancy test after pregnancy test. but i havnt taken one in a week. im waiting to take one because im tryn not to get my hopes up because reading some of the comments ppl have had periods not come. well mine did and hubby and i are ttc we have had intercouse about every other day and he goes in me everytime...i did have like pinkish blood spotting on 1.9.12 and it was only when i wiped..well i put a panty liner on cuz i thought i was going to start. well i went back to the bathroom and nothing..not even when i wiped..that whole week i took a pregnancy test everyday..negative..ive always had to wait til i was like 6 to 8 weeks later from the last period i had to get a positive result. so im tryn to wait til the end of this month. we are hoping im pregnant. fingers crossed..i have been having some symptoms like bloated (pants are very very tight compared when i had my period), nausea off and on and no vomiting, tired all the time, gassy, and consipation(i kno i didnt spell it right). my left breast feels tender on the outside but thats it..cramping off and on but not bad at all...im hoping that i get a postive result when i test this weekend and ill keep every one updated..this is the second time ihad the mirena removed first time was in july 08 and i got pregnant 3 months after i got pregnant and she is now a healthy 2 and half yr old...this time is different..i got my mirena taken out nov 29 had a normal period and nothing since...i have talked to a nurse and she said that its normal..then i talked to another nurse and she said it is possible for a women to get pregnant right after removal because the mirena is the release of artifical hormones when they are gone that hormone is gone..some ppl bodies get back to normal fast and some take a little bit to get back to normal..it depends on womens body..good luck to those who are ttc baby dust to all....it just takes time for some and some no time at all..we are hoping im pregnant because this will be the last child we are going to have...fingers crossed everyone ill keep yall updated..im going to test this this week...
Its a toughie waiting it out to test. I had my mirena removed jan 2011 to try for my 4th baby. Took 6 months for my positive test, but had been told it can take up to a year. Am now 35 weeks pregnant. Just an idea, but the same month I fell pregnant i had used a sperm friendly lubricant called conceive plus, might just be coincidence, but could be worth a try?
thankz..i had the mierna once before and this didnt happen.3 months after removal i was prego and well shes is a healthly 2 and half yr old...but this time i dunno..i had a normal period dec 1 2 days after i had it removed. i knew i was gonna start...hubby and i have been have intercourse alot..at least every other day..here lately ive been feeling tired and sick but not gettn sick and some foods make me wanna gag or take funny...bloated.i dunno..i hate waiting to test..with all my other pregnancies i really didnt have any symptoms til i was like 6 to 8 weeks after my last period and i didnt ever find out i was until like 8 weeks after my last period..so i just hope i am and aww 35 weeks..thats awesome..we are tryn for out 3rd child technically but my 5th child..
Dec my IUD was removed. Well 6 weeks later nothing. I did not have the spotting or bleeding that everyone is talking about after removal.  Should I be worried?
Well I had my mirena out 9th jan 2012, had a little spotting for a day 2 days after having it out, I have had nothing since, had unprotected sex a few times since having it out, all preg test neg. Not done one for a week or so now, but still no sign of period. When will it come, its stressful all this waiting.
I need help from everyone... I got my IUD taken out about 2 months ago; bled like most of you for a couple days after removal. I've had unprotected sex a lot since then- and I havent gotten a period.
Questions;
How do I know when i'm getting my period after removal? If the period doesnt come... should I assume i'm NOT pregnant because my cycle is off? Or should I take a PT?
Thoughts?
Thanks!!
-EB!
Dont be worried.... every woman's (human's in fact) is different. Everyone reacts differently to different things. Your body must have been glad to get rid of the IUD. Hope this helps!
Question- how long after removal did you get an actual "Period". I got mine removed about 2 months ago- bled like crazy after removal- and then nothing. NO PERIOD. It drives me crazy thinking I may be pregnant. :( What do you think?
-EB
I had my mirena rem i have had NO period or Bleeding since its now march 10 2012 is this normal? i am 22 have 2 kids 1 s & 1 dd i have no idea if this is normal? had many probs w/ mirena pain cramps gained w/ it sucked had it taken out 1 1/2 years early... could this be a problem? thank you :/
Ok so like im reading all of these comments but there is no end result did you end up prego o did you have a pd im in the same boat had mirena two years later took it out cause of problems five days later had a pd for two days normal by the way for me now its like a missed pd one week three says later no pd took a test three I should say all negative im worried cause I had surgery two weeks ago n I need yo know where my pd is and is this normal
I had my mirena removed on 2/20/12 and got my period for 6 days starting 2/22/12 and havent had anything since, no spotting nothing, is it possible to be pregnant??  does it take time to become regular again, I had the mirena for 5 years before removal.  The only thing the doctor said was I will resume my normal cycle as soon as it was due??
Help!!!
Hi i had my coil removed 8thfeb and 8weeks later im still waiting for my period, im so worried coil has mest it up as i have got it out 2 start TTC, i get period pains, achy hips, breast tenderness ect. iv done 6HPT all neg, so really want my AF to come. i had coil in for 3years and no period on it, x
i got my mirena removed on the 19th of march and got my period on the 16th of april. i went to the doctors for a check-up cuz i had to get mine surgically removed. the doctor said that after the first big period it will be on a monthly schedule. Well its about the same time again for my period to come but so far nothing. Im a little moody and have back pains. should i take a pt test or should i wait? plz help.
I had the coil for 18month and got it removed to try for baby about 5 weeks ago, been trying for 4 weeks. I bled first three days when removed and just came on yesterday but all I have felt is sick,had head and sleepy.i took a test on 6th of june but negative. Not sure wot to think
Hi i have my mirena coil out 3 weeks past tuesday had it for 2 yrs  was bleeding for 4 days after it den stopped were wanting a child im gettin crampin and tender breasts n very hormonal took a early preg test tuesday past it was neg really dunno wat to do next should i wait a couple of weeks??
I had my IUD removed on 5/4/12. I had a period 3 days later with heavy bleeding for almost over a week. I have not had a period since May. My husband and I are TTC. I have had PMS/pregnancy symptoms. I have had taken multiple HPTS and have come out negative and had a blood test which came out negative. I just don't know what to think!
Had my iud removed on may 18, I had a period on the 21 n it lasted for 5 days off n on real light n I'm ttc but I took 4 hpt n all negative, I had my iud for 2yrs n this my 3rd time using it n nothing like this before. What should I do?
I took my Mirena IUD out myself on June 6, It's now July 13 & still no period. I did have a very small amount of spotting after I removed it, but no period. My boobs are so sore.... I'm lactating (but I have been ever since I had my daughter 5 years ago), but my boobs usually aren't sore like this.  My belly feels swollen.. I'm up 5 lbs.  With my daughter I was 19 when I got preg so I didn't realize it until I was 8 weeks.  Now I feel like I'm pregnant, but the test said negative.  I kind of want to be pregnant bc my daughter's dad doesn't pay support & we're really struggling, but the would-be dad of this maybe baby is loaded and super sweet. He doesn't think I'm preg bc he said I was at the peak of my fertility at 19, but we've had unprotected sex (he pulls out) maybe 5 times since I removed my IUD. My daughter's dad and I had sex 3 times in one day, the only day that whole month I had sex, and I fell pregnant.  I wish I could just have a period again and track my cycle. It was always irregular as a teen, which is why I didn't realize I was pregnant the first time.  I wish I'd just have a period again!! Any updates on you ladies?
Hey you guys! I had my bc removed a couple weeks ago I had it for almost 4 yrs when I had it removed it was imbedded. Just wondering how long until I would start my cycle. No spotting or anything since I had it removed. I started pills the same day I had it removed. But the hubby and I have had unprotected sex. Could I be prego?
Can anybody help me I had my Mirena of 3 years removed on August 14th 2012  after that I bled for 4 days and then it just stopped and I haven't bled since. My Husband and I are wanting a baby so we're trying but I don't know if that was my period or if I'm still waiting for one. We aren't using any backup methods and now I'm on day 33 and no bleeding. I'm all emotional and I have been feeling nauseas and my breast are sore and tingly. I don't know if I should take a pregnancy test or wait a little while longer. Any advice would be helpful thank you.
I had my iud removed in July then got pregnant in September 6 weeks later i had a miscarriage... Im am scared to try again because i have read many women have many miscarriages after the iud removal..
Ok I am completely confused I have read threw all the posts on here and it seems like so many of you have gone threw what I am now. I got my IUD removed Sep 27th after having it in for 8 months cuz me and my husband decided to try for another child. I had my normal period on the 16th of Sep. and it lasted about 5 days. Since I had my IUD removed I have not had a period since and its now NOV 2. I have done alot of home tests all came back negative and went in for blood work yesterday and it came back negative. So everythings showing I am not pregnant but yet my body acts and feels like it is. Anyone else dealt with this and know whats going on???
I had my IUD removed april 3 2012. got my period on the 5. they would come each month 2-5 days apart from the one a month before. then in september had no period finally the second week in october I got it and it has been coming late ever since,but I have been trying to get pregnant since april and its not happening so now im scared that the IUD made me infertile..............anyone with similar symptoms.
I had my last period dec.11-16th and had my mirena removed dec 17th. I had unprotected sex dec 23rd. It's now jan 14th and no period. I've took PG but all negative. I'm hoping I'm pregnant but I don't know. I have all the symptoms. Anybody been in this position? If so were you prego or body just adjusting?
So we're you prego? Asking because I hadn't period dec.11-16th and had my mirena removed the 17th and its now jan 14 and I haven't had a period but all the home test says negative
Hi there I had my iud removed about 5 weeks ago and have no bleeding at all what so ever took a hpt and negitive how long dose it take to get ur period I have nothing no spotting nada kinda getting concerned
Im now going on six week post removal of idu Mirena No period nothing ive been tfying for a baby every day sense removal . Took 3 pt about 3-4. Weeks after removal. And ofcorse was a -Neg.
Now six weeks still no sign of period. I ha e nipple tenderneas but I questiin if that just ive gain sum waight. Bra to tight , or hopfully early sign of pregnancy:)
Im nervous to retest I dnt want my husband and I to feel a let down are son just turn five and we want him to have a sibling asap
I didnt have a period the whole five years. So im not sure what to exspect
I had mirena iud removed January 24 2013 got my period January 28 2013 and it went off like February 3 2013..when I was on mirena I had no periods..now at first I had em every other month BUT dey stopped..me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex like February 5 nd I supposedly was fertile around that time n so my period was due February 28 nd it DIDNT come on and I have take a pregnancy test its negative tho and its MARCH 2 2013 ND STILL NO PERIOD IM WONDERING COULD I BE PREGNANT OR IS MY PERIOD NOT BACK TO NORMAL THE REASON IT IS LATE..PLEASE HELP!!!???
I had mirena remove March 22 2013 after having it for 7 mo. and its only been a little over three weeks and I bled for 4 days very light after removal. Nothing but mood swings fatigue dizziness and cramping since..... we are ttc and iv been tracking my cerviacl mucus (sry tmi) and I think I'm ovulating now bc its clear and stretchy. But I'm not Sure when to take a prego test or when to expect my period again?  Very normal cycle but I had no periods on mirena
I had mine taken out on feb 20, 2013 and I just took 2 test and both came up positive pretty quick. Never had a period with the merina and I had it almost 3 yrs and when I got it out on feb 20th didn't bleed and haven't had a period just wondering if someone could help me figure out how far I might be or what to tell the nurse when I call to make an appointment
Hi everyone! I had my Miranda iud out on April 7, 2013 after having it in for the full five years. I never had a period when it was in and had no problems with it at all. After I had it removed I had spotting for about 2 days and that was it. The doctor told me that it was because I was having a period when she removed it but it was not like a normal period. I have been feeling very off lately and figured I could be pregnant but it's too early to tell yet. I was never sick with my son so I'm not sure what morning sickness and all the pain is like. I'd imagine its kind of how I have been feeling for the past week. But then again it could be my body just regulating again. I just thought I would have had a period by now after not having one for so long. Has anyone else had this same thg happen? How long did it take for you to get  a period.? ? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!
I am in the same boat.  I had a Mirena for the full term then I replaced it for two more years.  I removed it on April 18th and spotted for two days. NO PERIOD.  I never had a period with Mirena. So I have no idea.  May 30th will be 6 weeks.  I have taken 2 pregnancy tests both negative.  I have the crazy emotions that some others were describing along with VERY sore breasts and mild irritating cramps (all the time).  It is confusing and frustrating to not understand what is going on here!  I would welcome either option, a period or a pregnancy.
Hi any sign of periods yet?? I had my mirena out on 9th May after full 5 years and thought I wud wait a couple of months (and presumed 2 periods) before deciding whether to have another put in or use other contraception. I have had no bleeding whatsoever.
Took a test 2 days ago as had u/p sex on 9th June even tho I knew it wud be too early but just going out of my mind. Neg result - slightly disappointed even tho not trying for baby and in middle a degree course! Had no period or pregnancy symptoms at all, but having some very vivid pregnancy related dreams!!

Considering going to docs for test to know for sure then get another mirena put in to avoid this torment any longer!
I had removed my meriena on 31 may 2013 and i was bleeding at that time not heavy but just spotting after that I was due for my periods on 25th june but it was late in thefirdst week of july but only for 3 days normaly I have 5 day period. Nw I m feeking bit funny movments in my tummy jus like I m prgnt in june I dit test but it was negtive but nw I m feeling very tired always feel hungery and butterfly feelings I really dont knw if I m pregnt or these r just side effects of removal of merina and also I lost weight after removel.
First you wouldnt feel movement already if you were pregnant.... because you would only be a few weeks. And second people dont normally look at comments that are from posts from 4 years ago.. It is always best to start your own post.
I had my mirena removed July 24th and started on the pill.  I decided that I wanted to go ahead n try to have another child so I stopped the pill after only taking it a week.  I have spotted 2 times since I took the mirena out but haven't seen my period yet.  This has kept me thinking am I going to have  a regular cycle or will I go ahead and get pregnant.  It very confusing.  Does anyone have any comments to this?
Hi everyone My name is Tabatha, I had my IUD Mirena removed this year just couple weeks ago on 8/8/13. The whole time I had the IUD I never had a period. I am wanting another baby, I have 2 kids My Son is 8 and My Daughter is 6. I still have yet to have my period since the removal :( I'm scared the Mirena has effected me having a period. Or am I just wanting to have a baby so bad I keep thinking negative. My boyfriend says it will happene when it happens, but I hate that i can't track my period/ovulation.
I am going on 7 weeks without a period. I had my mirena for one year and never had a cycle. We took my mirena out on July 10th and I started bleeding on the 13th for only two days. I thought that was my period but from reading other comments...idk. I spotted on the 26th and again on 8/9. We have been having unprotected sex since July 10th. I took a PT on 8/15 and it as neg. We are going to take another test on 9/1 hopefully we get a positive test. Wish us luck. We really are ttc.
I have had mirena for five years and jus got it out sept 3 2013... I want to no how long will it b before I c mi cycle ....and can I still get pregnant ..
How many of these women actually ended up being pregnant after posting on this site
hi,
   had my coil in for nearly 3 years I only had one period while it was in place and it fell out on 8th November 2013  and the only bleeding I have had was a very light spotting and it didn't even last 3hours so I wouldn't say it was a period and I was just wondering how long it takes for them to start again. Me and my husband had unprotected sex the night it fell out and a week after, I have done a pregnancy test and it came but negative was it to early to tell if I was pregnant ? I've have been very emotional over pretty much everything is it just my body getting back to normal?
Hi, I'm new to this and apologise for my lingo lol .. Right I had my mirena coil removed 18 days ago & still have had no bleeding at all , my breasts are sore , I'm very exuasted even when I do nothing! My boobs have gone a size up , and have also darkened , I go dizzy when getting up & felt sick but haven't been sick , hughe loss in appitite ... My lower back has spasms n also aches loads.. I've taken 6 hpt & all have came up negative !! I'm so confused dr said she almosted convinced I'm pregnant & mayb I'm testing to early , feels like I'm goin insane has this happend to anyone else ??
Hi I have been on the mirena for four years and just got it removed in November and a week later I got my period... it lasted five days like always but now I'm waiting on my period and its three days late...I have tried menstrual calendars to make sure I'm accurate with my dates because I have been have un protected sex since my removal... took a pregnancy test on the first day my menstrual was suppose to start but it came back negative... could I had tested to early or just my period late? Please help I'm getting a little aggitated
Hi so i had my mirena iud (light bleeding while it) out on Jan 6 2014. Bleed after, almost nothing. Its now Jan 30 2014 an still no period. Freaking me out because we are ttc (trying to conceive). But no 1st cycle hope it comes. Im taking ovulation test an pregnancy test and nothing ill keep posted
Did u get your period in end, had mine out same time as you but still no sign and fed up like many others on here of having all the pregnancy syptoms but not pregnant grrr!!!
Did u get your period in end?
Hi everyone. Im kind of on the same boat and im so confused. I had a normal 30 day cycle the whole time of having my mirena in. I had it removed march 15th. I bled for 4 days 3 days later and when my normal period would have been due on march 29th i spotted and bled for a day on the 30th. Well on april 18th which should have been right after ovulation i had medium flow bleeding for 3 day and felt nauseous dizzy and extra hungry and tired for 2 weeks after. I am now 2 weeks late for what should have been my period have sore nipples and a lot of negative pregnancy test. We are ttc and im so cunfused :( could i still be pregnant and be getting negative result? Has this happened to anyone else before?