Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Positive Pregnancy Test and then a Negative Pregnancy test four days la...

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Viewing 201-271 comments:
im sorry but wether its delayed or right away a negative is a negative...my doc told me that if i was pregnant & depending on how far along it should come up almost instantly, sorry if that isnt what u wanted to hear although i am not a doctor so id just wait to see if u get ur period & if u dont then test or go to the doc! Goodluck :) i hope it goes the way u want it too!!
Alil help please! jan..2nd 2012 I had heavy bleeding lasting 7 days not normal for me so the 20th i bought a pregnancy test the 1st responds it came up posative faint line i waited intill the 29th took 2 more one first responds and one answer firist both posatives so i went to the health clinic the 3rd or feb should've started my period the 2nd there urine test came back negative! comfused later that night i started spotting/light bleading (could it of been implantion bleeding??) lasted about 3days now the 28th of feb... my breast are very sore and look different been tired and allways wanting fruits and orange juice could I be pregnant???? well I have a doc appointment tomorrow alil scared and having 2nd thoughts on going after reading so many posts docs.. can be wrong~ I don't want to be ones those people that didn't know they was really pregnant intill the last minute any advice or what you think?
Hope this helps out i took 2 more pregnancy test befor doc... appointment asmorning both came out positive.... so i went to the doc.. appointment their urine test negitive.. so i showed them mine, they ordered a blood test which can show you 6-7days before missed period waitint the results... doc... called 10mins,, ago and said it came back positive (36-38) maybe its a early pregnancy so more blood work monady hope this helped ill keep u updated :)
so I bought a cheap test just to see if it would show up and as of today on the cheap test i finally got a positive :) not sure when im due but i think i had a miscarriage the jan/,,, 2nd 2012 but i got pregnant again and believe im due nov 9th 2012 i keep everything ,marked on a calender it helps alot if ur trying for ababy! hope this helps you out alot the best way to tell if your pregnant early is getting the test that tell you 6-7 days before ur missed period then get blood work done:)
so what happened?? were you pregnant????
I am having the same problem!  Two weeks ago, I had 3 positive hpts.  Went to the doctor and they confirmed it with a blood test.  I went back a couple more times and it appeared my HCG was rising normally.  I wasn't having normal periods so I don't know how far along I am now, but I'm thinking maybe 5 weeks.  I feel like I'm pregnant but it's also my first so I don't really know.  I'm urinating ALOT and that's my only real symptom.  I have this fear of miscarriage because I know it's common.  So today, randomly, I decided to do another test (late in the day and urine was probably dilluted).  I just got two negatives and I'm freaking out.  I've had no red blood (some dark brown spotting the whole time) and no cramping.  Could it be that the hpt didn't pick up the HCG? I plan to do another test in the morning, but I would think if the hpt picked up the pregnancy 2 weeks ago, my HCG would be high enough now that even with a weak urine it would pick up.  Help!!!
I don't understand if your BF is an *** and you have 3 kids, single mom and no insurance, you WANT to be pregnant with this guys baby??
hi, i have exactly the same thing hapening with me, tested positive this morning, negative a few hrs later...i am so confused and disturbed,
I'm concerned also, my husband and I are ttc (we already have a lad whose turning 3 in July) and are eager for another. I took a hpt (tesco brand)  around the day of my period and got a faint positive. However 4 days later I took another ( clear blue plus) midday as I just wanted another confirmation but it came out negative.  I've not started bleeding at all and having read all previous posts I'm thinking hpt's just aren't reliable and now don't know what to think. Should I keep wasting more money on unreliable test or just wait and see and let nature take its course.  To the previous posters, what where your results in the end, which results were correct..the negatives or positives.  
itook a pregnancy test it was one line & ilooked bakc about 2 days later & it was 2 lines one dark & one faint light & itook about 3 more pregnancy test & they came bakc negative , im trying to figure out am i pregnant or not iwent to a clinic but they wasnt really professional they had a regular home pregnancy test , iwas spotting brown then bakc light red the last two days of my cycle ithink it was my cycle im not sure what it was , my period was february 23rd then this month it came 3 days early ispotted real light for about 6 days , ihad brown spotting im wondering if those negative pregnancy tests dnt mean anything & iam pregnant
that is exactly what im goign through!  im not quite sure when my peroiopd should be here, but im within a week window,  I have an IUD for birth control, but I noticed a few months ago that it was not in the right place, so yesterday i took a test, cause I do that every so often, and it came up positive, it took a while to show up, but from everyone I have talked to, any sort of line is positive, the HCG hormone wouldnt show up if it isnt present ya know, so after a few hours, i decided to go to walmart and but 2 EPT home pregnancy tests, and they both came up negative!!! :(   which makes me sad, because instantly after you find out your pregnant, you love your growing baby inside you, and start to make plans.  so today i went and got another test, and it too was also negative!!!  Im just so confused, how can you have 1 positive, and then hrs later negative ones??/
i had my baby in October 2011, then for 3 months no period, in December i had sex (he pulled out) iv had my periods since then on time, 2 weeks ago i took a test, it came back negative then the next morning i took another and it came back positive but it was faint. then the next day i took another and it came back negative.. my boobs are sore, i have major mood swings, and i swear i feel the baby kick. like when your 3-4months pregnant and the baby just starts to wiggle around and you get that bloop, well i have felt it at least every other day for like a month now. i haven't went to the doctor, im not on birth control and when we have sex he pulls out, i know its not safe..blah bah blah, i have 4 kids i know what and what not to do, so im not looking for a lecture i just want to know if anyone is or has experience what im going through or something like it....Thanks 4 your time
I took a pregnancy test at three o'clock this morning and it gave me a postive sign but one was fainted and then i took two more later on this day and bith of them say negative...what do i do now can somebody please help me out?
Well , I Had My Last Period On The 3rd Of March 2012, Wich Finished On The 8th, And I Havnt Had My Period Since And Its Now The 1std Of May 2012! Iv Never in My Life Skipped A Period And Its Also Always On Time. I Told My Partner So We Decided To Get A Pregnancy Test On The 27th Of April 2012. It Came Back Negative So i Biffed It In The Bin & Thought Nothing Of It, Then Some Strange Reason I Got This Urge The Next Day To Go Back And Have A Look At It Wich I Did And It Had Another Line As If It Were Possitive BUT The Line Was Very Faint, Could Hardly See It But It Was Def There ! Does Anyone Know What This Means Lol I Then Took Another On The 30th April 2012 And It Came Back Negative, Soo Confused ! Can Anybody Help Me ? Iv Had All The Symtoms (symptoms) , Spotting, Etra Sleep And Bla Bla Bla, I Would Go To My Dr But Im Terrified Lol Anyone ?
Cheri hun , I Recommend You Go See Your Dr. Get A Blood Test Taken , Find Out If you Are Or Not , Goodluck :)

P.s: I Need To
hi girls i think i have the same problem... period was suppose to come on the03/ 26 but before that i had taken three pregnancy test all positive but very faint.. on the 4/30 i went to the clinic a was clincally confirmed that i was pregnant.... that same  night i was in the ER with heavy bleeding and clots.. dr sid i wasn't pregnant... the next mornig im still bleeding not as much as the day before so i descide to take another hpt and it was still a faint positive... im suppose to be 5 weeks and have an appt on friday.....   hoping for the best although i know the answer..
I have the same problem too.. yesterday morning I took a home pregnancy test and it came back positive, i took another one at night and it still came out positive too. Today went I went to the dr., they ran a test and it came back negative . I dont know, I'm so confused ..  I need answers... 5/02/12
I took a test on May 2 with FMU got a positive. Have taken three more all negative, not late for AF but what is going on?
I have a question. On the 17th of April I have spotting and it stopped on the 18th of April. Then I started a so called period on the 22 of April and stopped on the 28th of April. I took a preg. test on the 9th of May, it was postive, then I took another one this morning on the 10th of May and it was neg. Could I be preg?
HI just wanna say i done 2 tests both faint positives 2week ago had all pregancy symptoms went hosp other day was negative test and got bad urine infection with blood in, but if i miscarried id of know cause u have loads blood n pain, still dont know whats going on with my body never happend before..
I have a question. I took a pregnancy test 1 week ago and it said positive. Took another one and negative right after that. Followed by another one and positive. Week later got my period (regular) which i was 1 week early. Whats going on?
Someone please help me. My girlfriend has had 6 positive pregnancy tests and 4 negative pregnancy tests. We think this may be a chemical pregnancy but I don't fully understand what a chemical pregnancy is. Could someone please explain what exactly a chemical pregnancy is? Also, how can I find out if she really is pregnant or if this is a chemical pregnancy? I am sixteen and I cannot take her to the doctor because if she really is pregnant our parents will make her get an abortion. Please help me save my baby
I know I don't know you but please help me. My girlfriend has had 6 positive pregnancy tests and 4 negative pregnancy tests. We think this may be a chemical pregnancy but I don't fully understand what a chemical pregnancy is. Could you please explain what exactly a chemical pregnancy is? Also, how can I find out if she really is pregnant or if this is a chemical pregnancy? I am sixteen and I cannot take her to the doctor because if she really is pregnant our parents will make her get an abortion. Please help me save my baby
i am in the exact same boat i did 1 at home in the morning it said yes then the doctors said no. i came home and did another one it was positive then 2 days later i did 2 more and they said positive i had blood test yesterday and waiting  the results my boobs are sore and i thrwe up yesterday but not today so i have NO idea. the pathology lady told me the doctors test was to late in the day coz if i am i am only 2 weeks so hcg was not strong enough except morning urine and i drank heaps of water before hand so my urine was diluted.my other friend did a clear blue digital one at home it was positive the doctors said no then her blood test came back positive she is now 16 weeks, the doctor told her the clear blue ones are more accurate than theres hope this helpds dont want to get  your hopes up...fingers crossed we both get positives :)
in febuary i went to the Doctor for having vagina troubled only to find out i have a yeast infection. he did a vagina swap and give me  prescription with three weeks of medication. went to pharmacy and purchase the medication with a pregnancy test. the test came up with two bright line which means positive, i ask the pharmacy if it is ok to take the medication when the test is showing positive she said yes.
i had no period for march and April felt movement in my belly. in may i went to the bathroom and see blood on the tissue i went to the doctor and he said it was a miscarriage. i am confuse i only saw a strike of blood and that's it, i did a next test and it show negative, where did the baby go......
I have exactly this right now. The same as you, what happened with yours? I am so nervous and stressed about it. :-(
I have this right now, what happened with you? I am pretty upset and stressed about this? x
I have done 2 pregnancy tests in the last fortnight the first one said not pregnant so waited missed a period and done another one last Friday which came up positive 3+ I can't get to my doctor till after the 19th I have two kids already and am really excited but am also scarred as last year I had a miscarriage two days after hearing my twins heartbeat can anyone help me through this please comment xxx
OK! Right.... i desided to take a preg test, i seen the control Pink Line, like i aalways have when ive been worried about it and NEVER seen a faint pink line, the one i taken didnt concentrate on a faint Line so i just put it on the side,, .. i woke up in the morning on the first preg test and there was this Faint Pink Line, Clear as to Noticing it,i Know your not suppose to read it after the time on direction so i bought another 3, Well Now, i taken my second one and looked the time it said on the directions and it did the same a verryyy Faint Pink Line also with the Control Linel on the second test, Now i taken the third one and Having one pink line which was the control Line? its playing on my mind, having 2 faint tests and 2 Negative  after the Faint Tests... NOW Today, im round a 6 days Late, today ive bought an clear blue plus tests... ive had the test.. and its showing NEG? whats going on.. ??
I am a month late for my period. I kept getting cramps like I do the day before my period but it never came Finally, two nights ago I took a home test and i counted the two minutes in my head looked saw just the line that was there when i first peed and tossed it. last night i happen to glance in the trash and there it is a big plus sign..this shocked me. I immedietly ran out got another test drank some water took it and it was negative. So i thought okay not pregnant? today at work i threw up for no reason at all just a sudden wave of nausea..and my period is sooo late! Im 24 and ive been with my bf for 3 years this is not planned at all but i was somewhat excited ya know? i just want to have an answer!!
I had 4 pregnancy test sense June 29th I started spotting 2 days later and took 2 test to day and blood work and came back negative. The nurse said I was never pregnant this has been the worst day of my life, I want to try again but i feel like this will happen again.
I was 5 days late so i decided to take a pregnancy test 2 came back positive so i took another and that came back positive too then that night i took another it said negative so i waited till he next day and took a clear blue digital one that came back pregnant and said 2 weeks on it but that night i started to bleed but it was only little but brown blood, i had a shower then waited till the next morning and i was still bleeding but it was pink blood not red usually its red if it was a period i bled on and off for that whole day so decided to take another test and that came back negative, the next day i had stopped bleeding and took another test and that said positive i dont know what is going on i have been for a blood test and i get the results tomorow but does it sound like a chemical pregnancy or is this normal ?
I have experienced the same today. 2 positive tests yesterday then negative today followed by my period. So gutted. Blood test not for 2 more dys!!!
I sincerely hope most of you idiots do not reproduce. Your grammar is absolutely atrocious. Did any of you even graduate high school??? Go back to school and use condoms or you'll never get a good enough job to support this child, let alone educate them, and I don't want my tax dollars to be wasted on you. That is all.
you are talking about bad  grammer,when you don't even know how to spell outrageous , you are the one clearly need to go back to school,dumb ***
i got a very faint line 10 days before my period was due iv done a test the next day neg then the next still neg im waiting for my period due date so i can try again.. has anyone had this its still very early my boobs are getting bigger and i feel a bit sick and very emotional
I took a test on thursday which was 3 days before my period was suppost to come it came up negative..i took 2 more sunday the day of my expected period and got 2 very faint positive tests. Today monday im having some spotting is this normal? could it be mabie the egg was just implanting and thats why i got 2 faint positives? it was 15 days from ovulation to the positive pregnancy tests. I never got my period also.Please help
I took a pregnancy test on friday morning and it came back positive, I think (one line really heavy the other faint). I took another this afternoon and it came back negative. My bf and I have had sex three times in the past three weeks, the first time was about a week before my period was due. No period. Do I trust the positive test I took on friday or take another later this week? My bf doesn't know I took the first test cos I wasn't sure if the test was a true positive.
I have had 4 negatives , 1 slight positive, no period since June but very light so confused and  of negative test from urine test at lab. So very confused I want to be happy but scared that I might not be pregnant. Doctor appointment not for another week.
I was just wondering  i had pregnancy test came back positive then i had another came back negative but I did the negative at the wrong time i did in afternoon not first pee for the day. The first test came back positive with two lines straight away but one line was faint.. How often is it to get a false negative???
I'm going through the same thing. What happened?
Hello I done a test it was only the cheap test but it came up positive, iv tried about four tests after and all negative, am I pregnant or not? I'm so confused
as ****** up anon451  is... you just made yourself look even dumber cause she didn't try to spell outrageous....she spelt atrocious... here you go sound it out... a·tro·cious Adjective: 1.Horrifyingly wicked: "atrocious cruelties".
2.Of a very poor quality; extremely bad or unpleasant: "atrocious weather".
bet you feel pretty dumb now...but nice try LMFAO
I haven't had my period since aug. 5th 2012... I took 2 pregnancy test on sept.13th 2012 and they both said positive, my husband wanted me to test again just to be sure so I took 2 more on sept.14th 2012 and they both said negative.. I have still not gotten my period, I feel extremely bloated and tired, and also getting sick when i smell certain foods. am I pregnant or not?
I took a test in the morning and it came back positive an hour later i tested again and it came back nagative. I have been testing continously for five days but it is coming back nagative. I am two days late for my period.What could this be?
hi every one i learned that if yiou take a test  without having your urine in you for more the two to three hours a pregnancy test can come out neg if you are pos.. so im having a problem i took three pregnancy test with fain lins said pos so i went and got a blood test they said i was 4 weeks along the a day later got bleeding and no clots  but cramps like normally period!! was scared so went in the doc a week later said i would have miscarriage that my hcg level doped from a 57 to a 37 could this be true!! could it still go back up in scared and i feel still pregnant!! im  going in in a few days to go get my blood test to see were my hcg level is at but i wanted to see if anyone had this happen to them? i really want this  baby!!...why this happen!!!....
this is weird i had positive home tests sept 9,11,13 went to the doctors on the 25 now test is negitive and took one this morning negitive im quite lost guess ill have to wait on my blood test to  coe back hopefully today  or tomorrow becauase im so confused ive wanted this so bad and now i dont know what to think with the negitives
Well i bought the clearblue digital five back a day ago...first test i used in the evening, said PREGNANT! I leaped for joy...as I am 6 days late and felt like I could be pregnant. Then an hour later, i got a NOT PREGNANT. then this morning using FMU i got a NOT PREGNANT. Then once again this afternoon a NOT PREGNANT. Still no af...been having unusual dull cramps for two weeks and my breasts are aching under the arms. So confusing..i read online that the digitals arent very reliable and can give false positives. Im hoping thats not the case and im late for good reason...but im just not sure.
Hello. Yesterday my preg test was positive and 3 hours later neg, this morning it was neg. I'm due on tomorrow. I'm worried sick about this.
your not pregnaunt (pregnant) you looked at the test three days later . the line you seen was a water lne that why on the box they will tell you not to read the test after 10 minutes an you got two more negatives after that , implatatin bleeding you will spott brown discharge for a couple days an then a light pink but only when you wipe but not all women will have impatation bleedig i have two kids an i'm 4 week now on my third an this is the first time i had implation bleeding hope this helps an yes some weman also wll have have there period cause i did with both of mine
Ok Ladies, here's what I know so far from my own experiences:

Home Pregnancy Tests read a hormone that your body secretes AFTER implantation (this will be important later) called HGC. When sperm meets egg way up in your fallopian tube, you are technically pregnant but your body will not show any symptoms-- at that point, the tiny blob of cells is travelling down your tube and to your uterus. We'll call this day 1, and it usually around day 15 in your cycle. It can take anywhere from 6-12 days for the cells to make the trip to your uterus (Day 21-28). At that point, if all is still going well, it'll implant into the lining of your Uterus-- at which point you MAY experience some light bleeding called Implantation Bleeding. Not everyone has it, but it is why sometimes you think you just had a light period but you are actually pregnant. After about 3 days of Implantation (Call this day 17-28 of your cycle), your body starts producing the hormone HCG to trigger the changes that signal your body to prepare for pregnancy-- swelling breasts, thickening of the uterine lining to support the pregnancy, morning sickness, etc. Once the HCG is at a level where it can be read with a blood test (3-6 days after THAT) but only at a clinic that does a blood test. 3-6 days after THAT there is enough HGC in your system that passes through your urine that you will be able to see it in a Home Pregnancy Test. So it could be DAYS after you are "officially" pregnant to show up positive on a home pregnancy test.

So the short version: you can pee on a stick at home and show a negative and still be pregnant.
You can pee on a stick at home in the morning and it will be different than in the evening.
You can pee on a stick after drinking a lot of water and it be negative since HGC is water-soluble even if you are pregnant.
You can pee on a stick at home and show a positive (urine is concentrated), but then later on a negative (urine is dilluted), and you might still be pregnant.
You can be pregnant, but then not carry to term (a lot of the time the cells won't divide right or there'll be a problem so the body will naturally miscarry) in which case... you showed positive, then negative, then had a period.

For those trying to be pregnant: Good luck to you!
For those who hope they're not: get to a clinic or a doc and have them test your blood to make sure.
I took to test earlier today they were light faint positive then tonight i took one and it was negative. But the third one was a different pregnancy test.I am confused.  
if you take a test and its positive, then you are pregnant, its detects it in your urine, sadly though you had a chemical pregnancy which happens before your period, and you miscarried...which is why there was more blood then normal
alright, so I have been "feeling pregnant" you know the usual symptoms: enlarged breasts, cramping once in a while, headaches, dizziness (now that seemed to kind of passed) nauseous, tired all the time...and I have a very very light time of the month, it has been about a week and half since then, I went to the doctor the day after it stopped and he said it was still too early to tell, its been about a week since the doctor visit, and I took a home pregnancy test this morning around 7:30 am, and when the result started showing up it said positive for a few seconds to a minute ( I was so excited I didn't keep track of the time), then it vanished, im not sure whether I am pregnant or a should wait a bit long to see if I am or not?
I  took a home pregnancy test two of them and they show up positive but then go negative what does this mean?
Hey guys please help me??? My wife had 8 positive tests and she was about 7 weeks when suddenly she started bleeding, not a lot though. About 5 days after than she went to the toilet on morning to go and pee while she was busy something fell out her vagina it was a red thing looked like a piece of skin it was about 10cm long and in width abou 2cm. We then went to the doctor and they did a pregnancy test and a blood test both were positive then they did a sonar and they saw the ambiotic sack but was not sure about a heartbeat. She is 9 weeks bow and her appoinment at the doctor is next weekend please can anyone help???
I  took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it said positive and I took 2 yesterday and one said positive and the other said negative so I just want to know which one am i
Im on the implanaon I started my period today but its brown and a little red but yester morning I had a positive test and took another last night and it was positive they both were very faint and took one  now from the dollar store and it was negative . going to take two more In the morning and then the docs. could I be pregnant?
I took 3 tests last week all positive. Then done a few this week and they are negative. I've not had any spotting or bleeding in between the tests. I'm really not feeling great. Have tingles on my stomach. Sore nipples, tiredness, bloating etc. anyone help.
I took 4 test 2 positive 2 negative.. I'm so confused!!! Help!!
Hey so i took a rite aid blue dye preg test it came back faint positive then i went to the er to confirm they did a urine n came back neg ok so i was mad but didnt wanna believe no so later tht nite i took a ffpt it was a very very faint 2nd line so i went back to the er to get confirm they said no again...5 days befor period n no blood test done please someone help me on input
i toke pregnancy test one the 11/15 and it had a faded line and i thought it was positive, i was so happy i cried like a big baby lol cause my husband and i have been trying for sometime now.. i showed him and i told my mom.. it had two in the package so the morning of 11/18 i toke the other one to find out if the line would become more brighter and it show negative.. so i wait and told another one on 11/27 negative again.. i really don’t know what to do...
i went to the doctor on 11/29 he say my cervix is hight and soft, a sign of early pregnancy and i should redo a pregnancy test within two weeks...
Hi there, i have read some of the stories above, and i can honestly say, i feel you. it is really really sad. i went to the doctor last week, on the 26/11/2013, doctor did a test, it came back with a faint positive line... i got so excited inside, doctor said she cant confirm because it is a light line. i went home and bought 2 more tests, did one the evening, and one the next morning. it both came back with the faint lines. so by this time im even more excited... went to the doctor to take bloods, just to be sure... and the blodd test came back positive... oh man, was i excited... believe it or not, i got a preriod on the saturday, 07th Dec, i immediately phoned the gynae, he said i must do another blood test... so it came back negative :-( i was so depressed. how can i be pregnant for just one week...its not fair, so a person cant anymore believe blood tests as well...

i am feeling so depressed, please advise
Aah, now I know why healthcare is so corrupt....You went to the ER for a pregnancy test?  Are you kidding me?
Hi Can anyone help.

I havent had a period sine 6th December - My and my husband are trying for a baby - I took a test on 19/2 and it came back with a faint positive. I took a test 48 hours later and was negative.
what does this mean. Please Help!
Viewing 201-271 comments: