Positive Pregnancy Test and then a Negative Pregnancy test four days later?
Tuesday morning the day my period was supposed to start I took a Clear Blue Easy digital test and got a Positive result. On Friday morning I took the same test again out of the same box and this one showed up Negative and I am starting to spot but it doesn't seem like a normal period. Maybe I am just wanting to be pregnant so the spoting doesn't seem normal. I have an appointment on Monday with the OB-GYN. Any ideas? Can I be pregnant?
Me too )-: I had positives, even on a quantitative blood test. Just for giggles because I had a test left, I took it a few days later and it was negative. I was confused, but thought it was just a bad test. A few hours later, I had a miscarriage. I hope this is not the case for you...keep us posted and good luck.
The fact that you've used the same test and got a negative result 4 days after a positive does not look good.
The same happened to me - twice, and it was ladies on this forum who correctly advised me that I had experienced a chemical pregnancy. This may also be what it happening to you.
It's where conception takes place but implantation doesn't. This can therefore produce a small amount of the Hcg hormone which a pregnancy test measures - giving you a positive result, but as the pregnancy does not take, this hormone drops off quickly - thus resulting in a negative a few days later.

It's probably only ladies who are ttc who ever even know that they are pregnant for a short time, for those who aren't, or not sure of their exact dates, they would probably just think their period was a few days late. You may also find that this period is slightly heavier than usual.
Apparently chemical pregnancies are very common.... not that that makes it any less distressing.

HOWEVER, if I was you I'd still test again tomorrow. You may have used too little or too much urine when you last tested and therefore got a false negative.

If it is a 'chemical', don't be disheartened, I had 2 on the bounce, then conceived the very next month and am currently 16 weeks pregnant.

A big hug and lots of dust to you. Let us know how you go. x
I had the same thing happen to me in Aug 06.  I actually got five postive tests between three days.  I started to spot about three days after the last postive test I took.  When I started to spot, I took another test and it was negtive.  I went to the doctor and they did a blood test and it was negtive.  He told me I more then likely had a chemical pregnancy.  This is where implantion does not take place for some reason.  He says this happens a lot and most women don't even realize that they were pregnant, they mistake this as a late period.  
I guess the best advise I can give is go to the doctor and get a blood test done.  If it were me, I would go buy another test too.  I am sorry you are going through this.
I'm sorry to say but the same thing happened to me in Nov.  I had a few positive tests 4 days after my missed period.  Less than a week later I started to spot and eventually bleed.   Sounds like you may have had the same thing.  My doctor said it was a chemical pregnancy.  The good news is I got preg 2 weeks after before I got another period and I am 20weeks today!!!   don't give up.  I know it is emotionally exhausting.  That was my second m/c since August and I thought I would never have kids but I have a healthy baby boy waiting to meet us!   Keep us posted
I just read alot of your comments on these pregnancy tests and I think I had a chemical pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test on Sunday- which was positive and 4 since then which have all been negative.. I have a doctor's appointment to confirm what the heck is going on, but reading all of your posts really helped me ease my nerves!! I thought I was going crazy.. Thanks ladies
Well I think I am having a chemical pregnancy as well, I took a test last Tuesday and it came out positive, I went and bought 2 more and they were the plus or minus ones and they plus was a little faint, so I bought 2 more cheap ones that said pregnant or not pregnant and my first one said not pregnant, so I freaked out and went and bought 2 more of the expensive pregnant or not pregnant ones and I took one and it said pregnant then another that said pregnant. I have been spotting very light the whole time, but tonight 6 days later I took another one and it said not pregnant, so total that 5 positive and 2 negative over a weeks time. The really BAD thing is we already told all our family and close friends. I feel like a total idiot.......
I too had a chemical pregnancy. I had 3 BFPon 10 dpo,  then the next day I started my period early, took 5 more tests and all BFN. I think it happened because my LP was only 9 or 10 days that cycle for some reason.  Its a terrible feeling, soooooooooo close. I just wanted to crawl in bed and hide.  Im so sorry.
My doc told me that chemical pregnancies account for 50% of all pregnancies. And that women will have multiple chem preg in her lifetime. The problem is that what we dont know wont hurt us. Now we DO know because tests are sooo sensative that it will pick it up. So, women are becoming much more aware of these pregnancies.
Hello.

My husband and I had an IUI (intrauterine Insemination)done on feb.1st. I was then feeling strange and decided to take a home pregnancy test on Feb.12th, (2 days before i was expecting my Menstrual Period.) I used the First response kit and it came out positive, i then went to a medical clinic the next day and it was positive, i asked the Medical nurse to re-do it and again it was Positive. I started to get cramps and spotted 2-3 times the next day and decided to go to a different clinic to do another preganancy test, and the test was negative. he sent me for blood work and i am now waiting for the results. From what i am reading it sounds very similar to what some of you ladies have been through or have suggested. I am still very hopefull but i feel a little better knowing that there may be a reason behind it afterall.
Thank-you for sharing your storys and thoughts.
I think this is what happened to me several years ago (chemical pregnancy...had 3 at home positive tests, then 1 negative, then started bleeding the day of the negative test); however, I was too ashamed and paranoid to tell anyone, so I have never told anyone that I was "pregnant".  I am now trying to get pregnant with my new husband and have an upcoming GYN appt...do I finally breakdown and tell my provider (who I have been seeing for numerous years) about this past experience and do I really call it a pregnancy and miscarriage?  Please help me because I think this is one thing that is stressing me out and I want to get rid of the stressors.  Thanks.
I think it is def. important to tell your doc. especially since your ttc again. How long ago did it happen? Your doc may want to do some blood tests to make sure everything is okay. Good luck and keep us posted :)
Thanks for the support dnikki0928.  It was my first year of college (1999), so approximately 8.5 years ago.  I still feel ashamed because I never said anything...I feel like such a bad person; however, I know I just have to do the right thing now.  The best thing, is that my husband knows, so there are no secrets there.  I will definitely talk with my provider at my upcoming appt.  I will keep you posted as to what she decides to do, if anything.  
I thought i had my period for 2 days on the end of septmber but it was only spotting took a pregnancy test yesterday morning & it came out postive. i took 4 more since than and they have all been negative. What does this mean?.
Could have just been a false positve, I would say if you had 4 negative tests you are not pregnant.
Hi All,

I am going through much the same. Had two positives then a negative then another positive then a negative at the Doctors. The thing is a had a light bleed followed by a few spots . Although my last positive was 9 days after my bleed and havn't bleed since. Still havn't a clue what is going on waiting for my next period due in just over two weeks!

x
Comforting to read I'm not the only one, although I know I'm not. I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks (twin babies were 6 and 7 weeks) in January of 2008. We had not been able to get pregnant since until this past week, when we got a bunch of faint positive tests. However this morning my BBT was 97.5 and I started to bleed. It's not like a normal period and I was afraid to take a test. Now I wonder if I should to see if it would come out negative. Was positive yesterday. This is so difficult. It is emotionally exhausting. I do have two healthy boys 4 (today) and 2 1/2. So I am trying to concentrate on my blessing with them, but still feel a big loss for those babies I've lost. How do you keep up the courage to try again? How do I know if there is not something wrong? I haven't let my doctor know yet, it's Sunday but will call tomorrow. Should I request an ultrasound to confirm or what? I guess if it was going to happen, I'd rather it happen as this soon vs. what I went through last time, D and C etc. Still tough.
it's hard to keep going on but eventually you do get the courage to try again. i had a miscarriage at 8 wks in aug 07 then got pregnant with twin boys 3 months later, in march 08 i lost both boys at 21 wks and had to go into labor and deliver. i had an incompatent cervix and the twins had ttts. don't give up. i am now 12 wks pregnant again. :)
I took FIVE tests, and all were positive, then I went to the doctor this morning (2 days after my 5 positive tests) and the urine tests at the doctor both said negative. I took a blood test and now have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out what's up. My husband and mom tell me not to feel like an idiot because I told so many people. But I do! Today is the worst day ever. I hate not knowing and being completely confused. The blood test results that come tomorrow will tell me yes or no, and then I'll either be happy I'm pregnant or even more confused about the 5 positive tests, assuming it was a chemical preg. or a miscarriage, and then have to go to all the people I told and sound like an idiot. "Nevermind!" THIS is why they tell people to wait to announce it. SO hard to handle.
I just posted the comment above, and FIVE MINUTES LATER, my gyno called and she said she skimmed some blood off my blood sample and used that on a test and it said POSITIVE!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm STILL hesitant because of this crazy rollercoaster I've been on, but she said this was conclusive!!! Tomorrow I get the full results of the blood test, which will have more details about my hormone levels and how far along I am. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I'm going through the same thing... Period was due on Wed 29th Oct had a bt which showed a hcg of only 25... Saturday I did another hpt test hoping the line would be darker but nothing got a negative test... but still no period I'm alway's very regular.
it's all such a horrible experience I'm surposed to have another bt on Monday 3rd Nov to check hcg levels...but am sure I'm out now for a July Baby!!!just waiting for my period...
It turns out I'm not pregnant, either.  We had a high ultrasound and bt on the 24th.  We went in on the 30th, again, for another bt, and it came out neg.  :...(  We were both so shocked that my husband hit a vehicle directly in front of us while waiting in traffic.  He not only hit the vehicle...he kept crunching into it.  He was in a daze after our 2nd office visit.  We were so convinced we were still pregnant.  Now, our dr. ordered us to both have blood tests and have me medicated, afterwards, for 80%-75% better chance for implantation on our next try (2nd)with donor eggs, again.  We're still awaiting the dreaded period.  Doc said if it doesn't come down in a week to go in and see him, again.  He wants to find out why my period hasn't come by then.  I'll keep you all posted.  Keep your hopes up.  We are for everyone...always, Amen.  O:-)    
Period came down, last night.  Just waiting for it to take its course and end so we can see the dr. for our blood tests...possibly on the 10th or 11th.  We'll see what happens after the results are back.  He wants to see why my body rejected the det, medicate me with the proper meds and then do another 5db det.  We're praying for a miracle, again, Amen.  O:-)
I have just had a similar experience.  3 positive tests on saturday and then spotting sunday, but still positive tests.  When to the dr. yesterday and had a negative ultrasound and negative urine test.  I went home from the dr.s and had ANOTHER positive test.  I called the dr. back and they just said to come back in next week, maybe too soon for ultrasound.  Have continued to spot and today had 2 negative test.  Could this by what you have discussed in earlier posts as a chemical pregnancy?
It has to register as a pos. bt & us for it to be a cp.  That's what we surmised happened to us after reading post after post of similar pregnancies, transfers, failed implantations, etc.    We'll be trying again right after our blood tests come back.  We'll keep in touch.  One more try for us and that's all.  

Well my AF came last month so maybe a 'chemical pregnancy' . Tried again this month and currently on the 2ww wait to find out what will happen next. Did a test this morning at 8dpo and was negative (of course) just can't seem to stop thinking about it. I hate waiting when I want something so much..... AF due from the 26th Nov so think i will test again next week. I swear I have all the symptoms as i did last time i got my BFP - but it just goes to show you never really know!!

Good Luck to all trying one of us has to have some luck soon....
We hope & pray all goes well and to full-term for you and the rest of us...Amen.  O:-)
Reading this puts my mind at ease...thank you.  I took two pregnancy tests, one 4 days before my expected period - turned out faint, but pos. and another two days after my expected period - turned out very pos.  A few days later I started bleeding and took another test - it was negative.  Of course my husband and I were devastated, we were so excited.  I am going to see a doctor tomorrow to see what's up - chemical pregnancy or miscarriage?  Who knows.  If you have any question whatsoever, don't be afraid to talk to someone.
It's really useful to read all these comments.  I've been trying to get pregnant and a couple of weeks ago I got cystitis so I thought I'd take a test before going to the doctor in case I had to take any medication that might harm a baby.  I wasn't really expecting it to be positive but it was.  The doctor did another test and confirmed it was positive.

I was really pleased but found it hard to believe somehow - I kept thinking of a friend who had had 2 positive test then turned out not to be pregnant.  I haven't been feeling sick or had sore breasts - I have been feeling really tired though.

Then today I had some bleeding and I just thought, well, that's it then, isn't it, not pregnant.  I was really upset.  But then I Googled it and came up with this discussion.  So now I'm not sure what's going on!

Went to get another test tonight but the shop had sold out :( Will try again tomorrow morning.  Why does it have to be so complicated? My mum got pregnant first time with me and my 2 siblings, no problems at all...
I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this discussion.  Ditto, took SIX tests over three days, all said positive, three of which I took at night with weak pee.  Took two last night 'cause I just didn't "feel" pregnant, both said negative.  WTH?!?!  Since this is my first pregnancy, I don't know whether or not to believe my symptoms (extreme exhaustion, mild cramping, headaches, etc) but this will be my 252nd period, I certainly know what those symptoms are.  AF is supposed to be here tomorrow, we'll see.  Those HPT really are too sensitive, especially considering chemical pregnancies are as common as they are.  But since drug companies won't make money if we actually waited to test until we actually miss our period, they make the sensitivity of the test way high so we'll keep buying the tests, because we LOVE for that hour glass to go away and the word pop up, "PREGNANT".
I'm really confused as i have not had a period since November and in Dec had light brown spotting for 3 days then no period in Jan.  Done many preg tests but all neg, i have had symptons like dizziness, very bloated stomach, cramping and tiredness.  I did a HPT on 5.2.09 an it showed as neg but i left it and forgot to throw it away but as i went to on Sunday it showed a postive so i did another test the next morning an it was Neg, i'm really confused please can anyone shed some light????
We're all just going through some horrible hormone changes.  My progesterone is sO high, that our doc thought I was +, last wk.  BT came back -.  All of us saw the u/s & it seemed 2b a baby.  I still get dizzy, have a bloated stomach & have gained 50 lbs since last April when we began this endeavor.  I look 5-6 mos. pregnant, but BT's show I'm -.  Still waiting for dreaded AF 4 2nd DET.  Hopefully, it will be this mo.  Fnot, then we have 2 wait 'till nxt. cycle.  I could b in menopause.  I will keep y'all posted, eventhough.  
Hello all!! im new to the discussion but i was just confused on somethings as well and its becoming a obession...im currently 25 weeks pregnant with my baby girl due july 8th....i took a home test in sep. the test came out positive and a couple hours later i got my period later that same day i took another test which came out negative....almost two weeks later i went to the health clinic and had a urine test done which also came out negative so was it possible i had a chemical pregnancy in sep. then became pregnant when i was ovulating in oct.??? please give me your opinions on this thanks.....
I found out y my AF hasn't come down, yet.  Doc found a cyst on my right ovary, Friday.  I have 2get that taken care of first, now, b4 our nxt det.  The cyst was not found cancerous on Saturday.  Doc says it's an in ofc. procedure, BUT...if it gets complicated, he may have to operate if he cannot aspirate it with the vacuum hose.  Ugh!  This seems 2b the same cyst he couldn't, completely, get rid of in Sept. 08.  This time, though, it's much bigger.  The odd thing is...that there wasn't any sign of any cyst on the 21st, until this Friday.  So far, we are just waiting and trying to save our money since we both haven't been working since the 10th of this mo.  Hopefully, DH and/or I will get a job/jobs soon, again.  
I am so glad I found this site.  You really do think you are the only one going through certain things and it's nice to know you are not. Me and my partner have been trying since April 2007 after I had a myomectomy.   AF was 2 days late so I took a hpt she then arrived on 1 April, but very light, dark brown and only lasting 2 days.  I didn't think anything of it.  Then 2 weeks later I felt bloated, sore breast, and dull ab ache.  Part of me thought I was wishing these symptoms but I already knew I was pg.  On 14Apr I took another hpt it tested pos so we were over the moon but I was a little confused as to what happened on 1 April re what I thought was my period.   I booked an appt at the docs for 16Apr then took another hpt still pos.   Doc could not advise whether it was AF on 1Apr so on 17Apr I decided to take a clear blue digital (how many weeks conception) hpt.  It tested neg.  Devastion!  Today 22Apr started to bleed like normal period.  Called doc they said it is prob a period but to what for any clots if so go to A&E.   I am so upset but trying my best to get on with it.  
Hi my husband and i was seeing a doctor to have a baby. We did the Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection. Then a few days after that i took a test and it came out positive and then i took three more still pocitive and then i took one more and then it was negtive..... i dont know why eaither.. I go to the doctor on firday to see...
i had a positive test two days ago 18th may 09 2day 20th april 09 negative dr was shocked he sent my blood away to check quantative and to do blood pregnancy test get results 2morrow ive been crying all day we want a baby so bad we had surgery to get pregnant what a dissapointment if we are not pregnanat but i guess god wanted another angel if our babys are taken so chemical pregnancy this is what they call it i still have no period my breasts are sooooooo sore i will know by 2morrow i just hope to god they say im pregnant : ( i feel like i am or maybe just wishful thinking i wish i neva saw a positive test if i was going to lose the doctor said u can have false negatives but very UN commen to have false positives also could be ectopic or just flatuating HCG LEVELS
I had my cycle on May 16- May 19 thats regular for me. But on May 26 I started to feel like I was having another cycle. When I went to the bathroom I wiped and there was a small amount of blood mixed with a clear discharge. I'm having cramps, nausea, light headaches and frequent peeing.On the 28 about 2am I went to the bathroom the spotting was a brownish color now but went away after a couple wipes. I went to the clinic @ 11am and the first test came out a very faint line. We waited and took another and it came out neg. Me and my boyfriend are confused because this has never happened to me. I think I'm not peg, but he thinks I am. I will not be able to see my OB until June 23. I'm not spotting anymore just still having the other symptoms. I'm scared because I have a 3 year old that I was 12 weeks pregnant with when I found out. The only sign I had was no cycle which they called normal coming off the Depo shot. I don't take anything right now... Could anyone shed a little advice for me... thanks
I took a hpt that said negative. I left it there and went to town. when I got home it was avery faint positive. I took 3 more that all said negative. I have not had my period for 6 weeks. I have 3 kids and I do have many of the same symptoms as b4. I think I am prego, my hubby thinks I just want to be prego. what do I do?
When is your beta?  Prayers for your BFP!!!  O:-)
Me and my fiance have been trying to concieve a child. I havent had'nt had my period since the end of May and when i took a pregnancy test on wednesday (july) it came out positive. Of course me and my fiance were so excited but on friday i noticed i was bleeding. I have a heavy-like period flow so it was quite as much but some bits of tissue were coming out. I had no cramping or discomfort but the bleeding stopped 2 days later. While i was bleeding i took another pregnancy test to make sure it still said positive but instead of taking a clear blue digital test this time i took a EPT home pregnacy test and it said negative. Could the fact i was bleeding be the reason it said negative? is there a chance im still pregnant? or is this a disappointment in miscarriage? :(
I'm in a Similar situation and really losing hope. I had a healthy perfect pregnancy and had a baby boy in December of 07. My husband and I started ttc in January of 09 and got our BFP in April but at our first ultrasound at 8 weeks we saw no baby and were diagnosed with a blighted ovum after beta levels were not doubling and an ultrasound a week later showed no change. the sac was measuring 5 1/2 weeks. We had a d & c June 1st because I couldn't stand the painful wait. We were happy when we got another bfp Aug 1st and then i missed m period due Aug 5th. I have all the symptoms nausea fatigue sore boobs... Last night the 8th I was spotting light pink but this morning it has turned red and heavier although still not like a normal period. I took a test in the afternoon and it looked negative??

Could it be negative that quickly if I'm miscarrying? Should I call the Dr. tomorrow? I wasn't due for an appointment until the 20th.

I'm so depressed, I'm so young and healthy I'm only 22 why is this happening? Will I ever have  a healthy pregnancy again?
Wow.  It's comforting to know that so many other woman are experiencing the 'positive to negative' roller coaster.  

We had a positive test on Sunday and then a faint positive test, at the OBGYN clinic, on Monday. I started bleeding (with clots) on Tuesday and took another home test and got a negative result.  Today, we are supposed to get our blood test results.  I have a feeling this is a chemical pregnancy :(

I don't know if its the complications or my stress, but I've had a headache and nausea ALL DAY.  Anyone else experience this?
  Just wondering if I might of had a chemical pregnancy as well... I took 2 clear blue easy tests on Aug. 18, both positive, then today Aug. 25 I was just curious and took another test and it was negative...waited a few more hours and took a second, also negative. I went to the local clinic as my doctor is on vacation and they would not send me for bloodwork to confirm the pregnancy on the 18th, so I plan to go to another clinic tonight to see whats going on. I have not had any spotting at all and felt as though I was pregnant before bloating, sore boobs, etc. I think I would be in my fifth week if I still pregnant!!
Even after reading everything, I still feel confused. Exactly a week ago I had some bad cramps and had felt like I was starting my period for a few days. I didn't start and took a test Monday night, 2 tuesday morning. They were positive. So before I spread the news, I went to my doctor to confirm the pregnancy Wed, which he did. We told everyone. Today I started spotting and went to the ER, where they got a negative urine and a blood HcG level around 20. So 4 positives and 2 neg with spotting. My first pregnancy, that I know of.
    After reading all the comments I got a lot of information.I thought I would like to share even my experience so that it may help some of you.This was my first pregnancy  and missed my regular period 10 days ago.So I was confident that I was pregnant and did the same process as many did.I took home pregnancy it showed positive,at clinic negative,I came home back and did home pregnancy test it  was positive and started spotting after a week , I even I went for blood test was positive and HCG was only 16 and even started to bleed heavily now and finally same story miscarriage .Lately I came to know this was happened due to abnormal thyroid that is because of T3 and T4 levels.For more knowledge early pregnancy HCG levels must be around 25-32 so that we can consider as pregnancy without miscarriage.So guys hope this would be useful to some of you. Wish you all good health and a happy family tooo.
Hi guys! I must say that i don't want a baby now, i am too young and it was a mistake.
I am really confused now because
my period was 16 days late and I did a home pregnancy test which was positive. 2 days later (this means 18 days late periods) I went to the hospital here in Sweden but the doctor couldn't see anything and then the urin test was negative. I don't understand how is it possible..  They told me to wait and to make the blood test in 3 days. I see my stomach bigger(I don't get it that the doctor sees anything) and I woner what is happening. If someone has any idea let me know, you can even email me at: ***@****

Thanks to everyone, i wish all the best to you that really want to have a baby right now! Because that's not my case..
My last period was on 16th august and till date no period. i had a weakly positive on 26th sep and then i went to GYN then he gave me some medicines and injections to support my pregnancy and doctor told to take another test on 30th sep then it was negative. Then i discussed with doctor and doctor said that i am not pregnant. Now i am going for ultrasound and then beta HCG blood test as pe rthe doctor suggestion.

Grishma
well i t00k a test && it came bac p0sitive && 3 days later i started t0 bleed i think i had a chemical pregnancy t0 i am s0 sad cuz me && my b0yfriend really wanted tha baby but i g0 t0 tha d0c. 0n thurs.
well last month I had a chemical pregnancy.  I was a week late and took a dozen pregnancy tests.  Some from the dollar store (used before with my last 2 pregnancies and were accurately positive!)  But this time they kept coming back negative so after being 4 or 5 days late I went and bought the early testing tests and sure enough they were positive.  Well then 2 days later I took 1 again and sure enough it was negative - and I got a negative result at the doctors and they told me I probably had a chemical pregnancy and to wait and see if I got my period...sure enough I did the next day...well now it's a month later and I'm 3 days late again!  No chance I had gotten pregnant this time - so what's the deal?  Up until last month i was CLOCK work!!!  to a T!  Should I take another test?  I was excited when i got the positives last month and devasted to find out it was a chem. pregnancy  - don't think I can handle that disappointment again.
I just wanted to drop in and say CONGRATS to all of the positive mommys2b!

Prayers go out to those who want to be mommys for the first time.

May all of us continue to shine under the loving light of God no matter what we are experiencing and going through, Amen.  

Stay strong no matter where your journey leads you.  O:-)
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time on this site, but I am so confused and frustrated.  My husband and I have been trying for almost 2 years with no luck.  On Oct 23rd I had my first IUI, I tested positive with a home pregnancy tests on Oct 31st and Nov 1st (3 different brands of pregnancy test).  Doctor confirmed a low positive (level 9) on Nov 2nd.  On Nov 4th I took another home pregnancy test and it was negative!!!  I called my Dr. and she said to wait until Nov 6th before another blood test but she thinks I will get my period today or tomorrow.  I am praying that I am somehow still pregnant, but I worry that I am not.  
I had my tubes tied almost 1 1/2 years ago and I took a test because I am late for my period it came out with a faint line immediatly. Took three more test and it looked like their could have a faint positive, but it was to close to tell. So, I just say negative. I was just wondering if you have your tubes tied if their could be something going on with my hormones to make me have faint positive. I have three children already and my last child has a disability. So, having another baby really wouldnt be the best situation. What pregnancy test have you guys used that you found the most accurate results on?
Try a digital test and you will get a better result.  
well i took 2 tests tues the 10th nov then on thurs eve i took another it was negative i put it down 2 weak urine x so i did another in the mornin it was positive x so i went the docs waitin 4 results x but then this mornin i started bleeding heavy like my periods started am i still pregnant or is it chemical pregnancy i just dont know n its totally devasted n emotionally tiring keeps gettin my hopes up x while i was gettin positive n negative i was spotting on n off that week xi would love some comments 2 help me xxx
sorry my first 2 were positive x
I'm scared and confused...I'm 18yrs old..first year in college... i think i might've had a chemical pregnancy...i took a digital pregnancy test after having sex...it came out positive...two weeks later i took three pregnancy test (the cheaper kind) and they all came out negative..my bf and i freaked out after the digital result and the negative results were a relief to us...i was feeling cramps for a whole month...i didn't know if it was normal or not but shortly after i got my period...it was very strage, very heavy..but only lasted a day and a half...is there a chance i had a miscarrage? should i take antoher pregnancy test? do the brands matter? or did having sex before the pregnancy affect the result?...im lost and confused:( please help
Can you go to an OB/GYN doctor?  They should have a clinic at college.  When you go for the exam you they can tell if you were pregnant.  You mentioned you had cramps have you had any bleeding?  
now i had a period but was heavy but not as heavy as normol n had stringy bits n clots did i miscarry,chemical pregnancy,decidual bleeding?i just dont know any suggestions pl zxx
yes ma'am...I had bleeding...
Bleeding can be a miscarriage, but before allowing yourself to feel devasted, I think you both need to go to a doctor and find out if you were pregnant.  They can do a blood test or a vaginal exam.  You will both feel better if find out you weren't pregnant and you can grieve better if you know for sure if you were.  I know it must be devasting to lose a baby, but you need to find out for sure.  Please let me know what the doc says.  
hi im 19 and found out i was pregnant on the 23rd of december then i started to bleed only and little without any pain then i did 2 pregnancy test's yesterday and it came up pregant with faided lines so today i decided to another 2 just to settle my mind i got the clear blue ones and both came up not pregnant so i sent my boyfriend to get another and that came up the same not pregnant so 4 told me i was and 3 told me im not
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT PLEASE my hearts breaking i want this baby more than anything > xxxxxx
  It sounds much like the same thing that happened to me in Aug. Unfortunatly, I did have what is called a chemical pregnancy were implantation never fully completes. I had positive tests, then neg. tests about a week later. It took a few days, but I did start to bleed (having a miscarrage). The doctor said that chemical pregnancies are very common...many woman didn't even know they were pregnant.  You should get into your doctor as soon as possible...it may or may not be a chemical pregnancy either way they will likely do some routine bloodwork and maybe an ultrasound. I hope this helps you in some way. I certainly know it is not easy to recover emotionally from the loss of a baby even early on!! Take care.
Hey everyone. I am glad I read some of these comments. I am having the same situation as we speak. 3 days ago I took a at home test and it was positive. My husband was estatic and I was pretty shocked myself and started to think how wonderful it will be to bring another baby into our family. My two little boys were pretty excited to think they might have another brother or maybe a little sister this time. Then today I got the worst feeling and noticed I started my cycle. I haven't taken another test yet and plan on to. I was a little scared at first but reading these comments made me feel more at ease and made so much sense. I will still see my doctor as plan but at least now I have a better idea of what is going on with my body. Thank you ladies so much for the advice!!

Loving mommy of two wonderful boys.
It's amazing how hard it is to know that you really have lost a baby...even at such an early stage.  The tww has got to be one of the most emotional things a woman can go through, especially if one goes through it every month for a long period of time.  
My first three children were all surprises so DH and I have never really "tried to concieve" before now.   My first clue that I had concieved was implantation bleeding at about 6dpo.  After that, I had all of the early pregnancy symptoms (more than with my other pregnancies).  I got my first faint bfp at 9dpo and each day thereafter until the day AF was supposed to arrive.  On day 14bfp I tested with a test out of the same box as two previous bfps and it was negative.  I thought maybe I did somthing wrong so I bought a digital.  I was absolutely crushed when I read the words "Not Pregnant".  AF has yet to arrive (16dpo) but I am now convinced that it was indeed a "chemical pregnancy".  
When I got that digital bfn, I told DH that I don't know if I can keep going through the tww.  But, time is passing and I feel that maybe I can do it.

~ Reading all of the messages here is very comforting.
   Thank you to all!!!!  
I took a pregnancy test on Sunday, and it said positive. then on Tuesday i took one because i started bleeding. and it was negative. i know i had to be preg i though i was at least a month preg i have all the symptoms and signs but now its saying im not and i guess im starting my period. Am i not preg or am i having a miscarridge?
I'm so confused? kinda upset to i have done told everyone!
This has been the most helpful thing I have read about my situation.  My husband and I have been ttc for 5 months now.  Our first son was conceived immediately upon trying, so this time has been more emotionally difficult as the months passed.  I normally have 25-26 day cycles-NEVER late.  Last Wednesday was day 25 and I was not feeling PMSy at all.  Sunday was day 29, so I took a test (the same test I used when I had my son-now 17 months).  It was a faint positive.  I thought that maybe it was a cheap test and not very sensitive and if I waited until today (Tuesday) and took another my hcg levels would be higher and it would be a darker line.  Well I took another out of the same box and it was even more faint positive.  I have called my OBGYN and spoke with the nurse.  I am waiting for a call back to confirm what my next step should be (blood test, another urine test...?).  I have a lump in my throat-the uncertainty is the worst.  Reading your posts and knowing that I am not insane and that this happens to others is such a blessing.  To those who did lose their babies, how long did you wait until you bled?  Or has anyone had a similar experience and ended up having a full term healthy pregnancy?
update- I did miscarry today.  My prayers are with others of you experiencing this sad time.  
2-9 through 2-12 I had a light period that came and went through the 4 days. 2-15 I took a digital that said I was infact pregnant. Then on 3-3 i began to spot the bleeding has been light and on and off. It is now 3-5 and it seems to be gone. I have taken two tests that came back negative but have had no cramping etc. My stomach has been looking bloated for weeks now and I always seem to feel hungry. It sounds like a chemical pregnancy but im still not sure. So confused...any advice?
ive been reading your comments and i think its happened to me . i did 5 tests within the space of two weeks all faintly positive . left it another week nd got completely negative. but im about two weeks late for my period still nd been getting pregnancy symptoms and signs more frequently and i have also started to get a lot more rounder stomach can anyone help me ? lizzie xx
Try the digital pregnancy test for a more accurate result.
I had a similar incident and got on here to see if anyone knew what was going on with me. I am glad to hear that there are others out there with the same issues. I feel a lot less alone. I took a pregnancy test on Tuesday morning and it came out positive. Later that evening I started bleeding. This scared me and my husband so I took another test that night and it said positive. The next day I took another and it too said positive. I called my doctor and he sent me for a blood pregnancy test. The next day, Thursday, he called with positive results, but my hcg level was only 29. 50 is the level that home pregnancy test pick up hcg. He said it was a good thing I took the test or we would have never known. He told we to hold off til Monday and see what the bleeding does. Last night, Friday, I took another test and it came out negative. This broke my heart because he told me I could miscarry. I am going to have another blood test Monday so hopefully things come out ok. If anyone has any advice please pass it this way!

Thanks!
Am in the same bout - took a test sat and then started to bleed tuesday. Went to doc told me threaten miscarraige need total bed rest. Did test last night saying neg. Going back this morning.
Pls god i am still preg. This would be my second misscarraige.
Not sure if would be able to go through it again.
So gald this site is here, gives you hope and strength.
Not preganet gutted but will just have to keep trying, fingers cross will be ok next time.
Hi, just wondering if this could be the same for me(chemical pregnancy)
i was late 3 days so took a test came out positive, took another one 5 min later to be sure came out negative then checked that test again 5 min later and very faint positive line went straight to doctor and test there came out negative. Next day did another test positive then 2 hours later did another one came out negative but when checked 5 min later very faint positive line, again went to doctor and came out negative but waited 5 min then and very faint positive line. Had a blood test and results get back on Monday. Am i or arten't i? all the signs point to my period coming
My husband and I had been trying to concieve our first baby for 6 months, we spent hundreds of dollars on home pregnancy tests. I always used the First Responce 5 days early test and when it came back possitive I was so excited that I went out and bought the Clear Blue East digital test because I wanted to see the word "Pregnant" on the test. That test came back Neg...I Knew I was pregnant though because the first test was possitive:) My husband wouldnt let me tell my family until I got a possitive test from the Dr. so I made an oppointment with my family Dr. to humor him ( I Knew I was prego..the test said I was) The Dr. gave me the test and he said it was Neg!!! I told him that he must be wrong because I just had a possitive test...he re-checked the test and appoligized to me...it was possitive and he just didn't wait long enough for the results. about six weeks later I woke up and was bleeding rather heavily...it soaked all the way through to my shorts. I cried all the way to the Dr. thinking I was having a miscarriage. My mom and I must have been quite a site in the waiting room with all the tears. I had the ultrasound and my baby was just fine! 8 months later I had a beautiful baby girl!  All pregnancies are different...just try to relax though I know it's not easy:) I highly recommend First Responce 6 days early tests. Good luck!!!!!
Thanks for that, made me feel better, i feel though something is wrong as having pain like it is my period all the cramps and sharp pains so not sure what is happening. My husband said to wait until Monday when we get the results back if i am to tell the Dr about the pain. I already have one child and never felt anything like this. Just praying that all is okay. Glad to hear that your story was very positive and all worked out well.
I also had alot of pain with my SECOND pregnancy very early on ...I don't know why. I always worried that something was wrong and I called my Dr. alot:) Again, everything was fine...best of luck to you and your husband!!!!
One more thing....did your test come back today? Are you pregnant? I'm betting that you are:)
To: SaylornPipersmommy
Yeah found out that i am pregnant but not sure what is happening as still very bad cramping. Doctor told me my hcg levels were 27660 and that i could actually be 8 weeks but i find this hard to believe so she booked me an ultrasound for friday. But last night cramping was so bad that my husband took me to hospital they redid a blood test and said my hcg level was only 3100 so did an ultrasound saw a zac and said i am 5 weeks 2 days pregnant but they didn't see a fetal pole or yolk so not sure what is happening now. Have to go tomorrow for more blood work. I just want to know what is happening as they don't say much but :"we'll see" its so annoying.
Congratulations on the pregnancy!  I'm sorry your having such a hard time:(  I will make sure I say a prayer for you and your tiny baby:)
I have been having the same thing happen to me..  I took a preg. test on Saturday morning it said positive, took 2 more saturday they said positive. Waited until sunday morning, took another one, it said positive. took one monday morning, it said negative, but the next two on monday still said positive...then I started bleeding... I had a blood test done yesterday and am waiting on my results. Miscarriage? I dont know. It is all so overwhelming and confusing, it is comforting to read other people experiencing the same thing... I was bleeding for about 16 hours, and cramping like a normal period, but feel better now...and im not bleeding anymore...just really really exhausted, got over 16 hours of sleep... I could barely pull myself out of bed.. I am guessing I am not pregnant anymore, it is all just so stressful.. I am scared  to take another test, I guess I will just wait to hear back from my doctor...but I started bleeding a few hours AFTER that blood test, so will it even be reliable?
Just thought I would add something.. My last cycle was on march 30, and I started bleeding yesterday which was May 3, so this bleeding was not at the time of my usual period....
I'm not sure what to tell you...I have never experienced a miscarriage so I am ignorant in that area. I have however had heavy bleeding in the first few weeks of pregnancy and everything ended up okay. I am not sure how long I bled for because it happened while I was sleeping but it did soak all the way through my shorts. I wish I could be more of a help. Good luck!!!!
I went to the doctor today and she drew blood for another blood test... will find out tomorrow if I am still pregnant or not.. She could not conclude if it was a miscarriage or not going off of my symptoms alone, so we are waiting for the results... I feel like it was a miscarriage but this tiny part of me wonders if everything could still be okay..I hope and pray that it is.... We will see tomorrow.
jjime1203 - I've had exactly the same thing happen to me. I did the test last thursday 5 weeks since my last cycle test says positive, did a test yesterday negative, also started bleeding monday and the bleeding has stopped today, was like a normal period! I'm full of so many emotions, been trying for a while but it looks like one of these chemical pregancies. Doctor was auwful and told me to do another test in a weeks time, fingers crossed
Kat,
        I am right there with you, full of so many emotions in such a short amount of time. We have been trying since last August so seeing the positive test was so exciting, and now I sort of wish I would have never seen it...that way I would have thought of the bleeding as a normal, late period.. I am waiting on a call back this morning about my blood test results... I dont "feel" pregnant anymore, so I can already guess what the results will be, but I want to know for sure so that I can just accept it... My doctor actually told me that it could be implantation bleeding, later than most experience it, and that many women bleed all colors (bright red, brown, dark red, pink etc) and carry the baby full term... I guess she was trying to be hopeful, but I am not so hopeful right now... I cant let myself get my hopes up only to be crushed again. So many emotions in just a weeks time, I understand exactly how you feel. Good luck to you, and if this was a chemical preg. for you I hope you get pregnant again soon!
Just got the results, this blood test came back negative so it was an early miscarriage..Hope it turns out better for you Kat. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..
Bless you, thank you! my doctor just crushed me anyway, I feel exactly the same i dont "feel" pregnant anymore I was over the moon and my partner was happy and we told our families. We've only been trying two months but I did a test the month before and that was negative so to get this positive and how many weeks i am was a life changing moment! I've been told to just do another test in a week and see what happens. gut wrenching though having our emothions on these pull strings, highs then lows then the possibility!! good luck to you too, I hope the results are what you are wanting.
oh bless you, I'm so sorry to hear that my friend. I wish you happiness in the future and like my mum said today you can get pregnant so there is always other chance xxx
That is what my husband said, at least we know we are both fertile and working properly! At least now we can move on from it.. I guess hearing that it was negative was the closure we needed.. God Bless.
So sorry to hear about this:(
I don't know about all this.  I'm scared to death now.  I'm currently 'pregnant' with my second child.  I have had 4 + preg test (3 which have been done by professionals) and are awaiting my results on my HCG Blood test.  I had a vaginal ultrasound yesterday morning, but we couldn't see anything.  There was a small dot in the center of my uterus and the doc said that could be the beginning of the sac, but it was too hard to determine as of yet.  I'm super worried now.  We have been trying for this second child for a long time now.  I'm be so sad if I go tomorrow, and them tell me that I'm not pregnant for sure.  Waiting is the hardest thing.  I never heard of this chemical preg topic before.  I, like many of you, was so overjoyed, I have told everyone as well.  I just hope I don't let my family down.  My breast aren't swollen or sore yet, but my nipples are very sensitive now, and my belly aches.  I did the same with my first child early on.  Wish me luck!  Thanks everyone for sharing your stories!

God Bless,
Renee
what is HCB blood tests? should I ask for this with my doctor?
hey everyone, iv had kinda the same problem. took test on fri (one of those 5-day-early ones) and it was positive and did same type test today and said negative, but iv had no spotting/bleeding. should i do another test? or go to the dr.? help please.... ;-(
13 DPO and I had a faint positive yesterday morning but then I started spotting at work.  I took another test last night and still had a faint positive, but by this morning the bleeding was like a normal period and I took another test and it was negative.  I guess I'm not pregnant:(
hi everyone

i am also very confused at the moment my period is 5 weeks late i ahve done 7 tests 5 are faint positive 2 are negative its really annoying cause i dont know what is going on. does anyone have advise on what i should do feel like i am going crazy
help please i took a predictor pregnancy test on friday came back positive. took another few! yesterday and this morning and they are negative i have not come on and i feel nauseas.
am i pregnant?
my period supposed to start on july 10 and on july 12 i took the PT it came out light faint positive twice. so at night time i took the DPT and it said negative. so wait until the next morning for the first urine and took the DPT and it said pregnant..now three day later on july 18 i have light bleeding,,so i took another time while im bleeding it said negative,,,i dont know what to think no more..am i pregnant or not..someone gave me advice please..
Hi Everyone,

I am also confused, my period supposed to start on july 27 and on july 27 i had light bleeding which stopped, i waited for my period to start properly and decided by Wednesday lunchtime i would take a test, i took the PT it came out light faint positive(i was suprised although ttc because i didn't and dont "feel" pregnant as i have previously). I repeated it later in the afternoon and got the same result. so at night time i took another PT and was shocked to find i was bleeding,( i already have two lovely children now 12 and 8 and did not experience this with them) the test still gave a positive result. I have continued to bleed since then bit like a normal period but without any pain. I took another test on wednesday night which said negative and today i have taken another test which is faint positive (it looks fainter than the previous faint positives) anyone have any advice for me as i called the doctor who told me only to come in if the bleeding got severe or if i was in a lot of pain. Am i still prgnant or could this be chemical pregnancy as positive test getting fainter and still bleeding?
I am so nervous too! I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks in March of this year and was so excited and nervous to learn I was pregnant again on Tuesday. i called the dr and it was confirmed yesterday. They also did a blood test and I am supposed to retest on Monday. Well... today I decided to take the last test I had to see if the "pregnant" on the dpt came up sooner and much to my dismay it came up "not pregnant!" So, I went and bought another pack thinking (praying) it was a fluke and it also said "not pregnant!"
I am waiting for the doctors office to call me back and let me know what the HCG levels were yesterday. If anyone has had this same thing happen to them and actually ended up with a healthy pregnancy please post.

HI we have got marriaged on 2008 march,and we are trying since last year onwards still there is not a positive response ,but this time iam getting coating in my bleeding,can any one tell me why it is happening.I want to become mother soon,had undergone all the test all where positive both of us are fine
It's August 6th of 2010 and I had taken a pregnancy test 3 days ago that readed a positive result. I had taken another test this morning with fresh urine and it came back negative. (Different brand of test though). Could it be that different tests require a different amount of the pregnancy hormone to return a positive result? I'm concerned. I would love to be a first time mother and am hoping of something to come of this. I hope it's not a chemical pregnancy.
Hi im goint thru same thing at moment - i took 3 tests last thurs and all came back postive and then took 2 two days later which came back negative, I havent not started to bleed and have soreish boobs and feel a bit sick sometimes, Im on my wat to doctors in next hour so ill see, I also miscarried 6 weeks ago, Do you think i am Pregnant or am i jsut losing my mind??
I am soo happy i stumbled on to this site. i took 3 test last thursday on the day i expected my period, and they were all positive. I've taken 3 more since then and all said positive. I went to the doctor today because i started spotting yesterday, and the urine test came back negative. I won't know the results from the blood test until later today. I can't believe this is happening. I am going to feel so stupid if i'm not pregnany. my fiance and I were soo excited, we've already told our parents.
To BrM25 - Hi Hun, what did your bloods say, Ive gone back to Doctors - and waiting for my test to come back- Wont know till Friday! -Waiting to get in for a scan and bloods as well - Its so hard not knowing .... Wishing you laods ov Luck xx
Hope you get the answers you want.  The urine test at the doctor's office isn't always accurate especially if you drank a lot of water.  
my girlfriend and myself had unprotected sex on july 17th..it didn't last long and i didn't finish at all.  She started spotting about 5 days after that, however the spotting had blood in it..it was enough blood to wear she had to put a tampon in even though it didn't seem quite like her period.  Her period was expected to come around august 5th.  This weekend her breasts started becoming tender, we then proceeded to take a pregnancy test and the first test was a positive. About 2 hours later we took another one ( both tests from the same box which was the first response digital pregnancy test) and it came out negative.  She then took a third test (Clear Blue digital pregnancy test)  a couple hours later and that test also came out negative.  The next morning around 11:30-noon she took a fourth test again Clear blue and it came out negative.  What do you think is possibly going on?
Sounds like I am in the same boat as most of you. We had a mc at 15 weeks 4 months ago. Been ttc ever since. I kept having these very vivid dreams that I was pregnant it was driving me crazy. So I toook a pt 1 day b4 my period was due. It came back positive. I can't tell you how excited I was. Line was faint so I took another one ( different brand) 2 days later and it came up positive again. But yesterday 4 days after my missed period I started bleeding. It felt like my heart was going to break I had wanted this baby so bad! It seems to be my period. No cramping. Just like a regular period. Have heard you can get your period and still be pregnant. But after reading this forum it sounds like I had a chemical pregnancy. I'm so sad but me and my husband will keep at it. Every one keeps telling me to have fun trying and not to stress. But I can't seem to help it. Reading everyones coments make me feel a bit better. Good luck to all. My thoughts are with you :-) Good Luck!!
Hi everyone,
On August 13th I had a miscarriage or chemical pregnancy.  Much like everyone else I had 4 positive results and then started light brown spotting.  Went to have HcG levels tested and was told they were too low to sustain the pregnancy.  The blood was positive for pregnancy but HCG should have been much higher.  Urine test was negative at doctors office and then came home and took another test and it was only faintly positive.  Took 3 more days until the bleeding started.  Had to keep going in until my HcG levels were below 5 which means negative for pregnancy
So here I am almost a month later and getting faint positives again.  My period should start tomorrow.  I am so so worried because they are so faint positive and do not seem to be getting any darker. I am afraid that I am going to have another miscarriage.  I could go and get another blood test but almost afraid to get bad news....Hate all this stress...All of my other 3 pregnancies were so easy with no complications.
Can anybody help me, I have been trying for a baby and last friday 3rd september my period did not come, so i took a test and it was positive, but the next day i started bleeding, not as heavy as a period but still red blood, no clots, i took another test after the bleeding stoppped and still positive, i then went to my gp who sent me to hospital they said i was too early to scan but they did a pregnancy test and it was negative, however when i got home from the hospital i did another digital test and it came out positive ( 2-3 ) i am so confused and do not know where to go from here, has anybody got any advice. ??
hey everyone i am totaly confused,i took 3 positive tests on sun nite,they all had a really faint 2nd line,i then took another test monday which had a faint positive,then tues i got a negative and yesterday morning i got a positive faint line,today i done 2 tests and both were negative,i am waiting on a urine sample coming back frm my doctor nxt weds but what is going on? is this a chemical pregnancy or am i pregnant?
I really could use some advice!!!
I toand i took a hpt clearblue easy digiatal  at 1 am and got a positive and then went to bed and got up at 9am and it was negative
i have all the signs of pregnancy and some stomack pain which comes nd goes.
I"m very confussed and need some help
thanks  
i done a pregnancy test and it came up pregnant buty one line was fainter then the other, im bleeding quite heavy im thinkin this may be a misscarige? ive been bleeding heavy for a week and half can someone help ???
I'm glad I stumbled upon this site. I took a pregnancy test on Thursday because I was late with my period and thought I could be pregnant. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 3 years now. We finally gave up a few months ago. When I took the test Thursday morning it came back positive. I was soo happy I was crying. I had taken the 1st response test and had two very red lines. I wanted to see the word pregnant though, so after work I bought a Clear Blue Easy test and the result was not pregnant. I have since taken two more test which both have said not pregnant. Do I trust the first test, or the other three? I want to be pregnant so bad!! I got blood drawn this morning, I pray it comes back positive! I'm wondering if I am having a chemical pregnancy though? I have no signs of my period showing up and I have not spotted or bleed or anything. Does anyone have any advice for me?
P.S. I have also been very tired, nauseous, and experiencing headaches. I also had horrible diarhhea the night before I took the positive test.
1stbaby27, I could have written that post myself.  I took a First Response yesterday afternoon and had a very faint line (my husband could easily see it but I had to put my glasses on).  Did a CBE digital a few hours and it was negative.  Went out and bought some EPT digitals (which I believe are more senstive) and got a positive.  Woke up this morning and did another FR and could barely make out a line.  My husband insists there is something but I really don't see it.  Then took anoterh EPT digintal and it's negative. In my case, I believe it is very likely a chemical pregnancy but I will hold out hope for you.  Please keep me posted!
Thanks jillts! Waiting to hear back from the doctors is torture. I think I am making myself sick thinking about it. I hope everything works out for you too!
Results are back...not pregnant. So frustrating!
Hi! please help i need answers!! I am 2 weeks late but also have alot of stress right now more stressed than i have ever been..however i am having some symptoms and took a prego test one came out negative i waited a week and just took one today at the store, it flashed and was + than went to negative...what could that mean?? my last pregnancy of my son i took 7 prego tests and all came out negative...this one is confusing me...could it be my period coming or am i pregnant?? i have never had this happen and cant find answers anywhere..im tight on money and cant go to a dr right away...please anything will be of help! thanks...
G
Okau so i took a test a couple.of weeks ago and i didnt throw it away cuz i didnt want my mom.to see it and it says positive now but it was negative at first..i took another one and ot says negative im sooo confused!
hi. im facing more or less the same problem. i had unprotected sex about 2weeks ago but took morning after pills a day an half later. now i ahve missed my peroid by about 6 days. took 4HPTs and they all said positive. went to the doctors and it came negative..she sent me for a pelvic scan and results say no sign of pregnancy, was the scan too early? the 4th test i took after the scan. now im so confused coz i am not spotting but am cramping and feeling tired. please help. should i insist on a blood test or just forget about my positive results?

from brenz12
I took a pregnancy test on Saturday morning - postive
Took one on Sunday (just for the fun of it) - negative - I wasn't too bothered, it was a different brand, and maybe not as sensitive, my period wasn't even due for a couple of days.
Sunday night (10.30pm) I started bleeding - Monday.. and I'm still bleeding. Been googling implantation bleeding all day... but I think it's my period. Period wasn't due til Tomorrow (Tuesday) which is odd because it's NEVER early.

Arrrrrgh! Last time when we were TTC it only took one night. This time my husband has been getting full time action 5 nights in row - but no luck :(
Friday I had two positive pregnancy tests and started bleeding on Saturday morning.  I went to the ER and the urine test was negative, but the blood test showed that I was indeed pregnant with low levels of hCG (13).  The doctor said that it could be that I was just early in the pregnancy or I was having a miscarriage.  I am still bleeding three days later and took a pregnancy test today.  It was negative, I believe that I am having a miscarriage and my levels are getting lower.  The same test I took that was positive on Friday is negative today.  I would think that if I was still pregnant the test would have picked it up?  Right?
I took a test on Thursday because I was late with my period (or what I assumed was late since they took my IUD out 11/5/10) The test was faintly positive. I took another one early this morning because I started to spot and was worried, it too was faintly positive. I called the doctors office this morning, went in and the urine sample was negative. She sent me for blood work, results will be in tomorrow. I'm still spotting and really bummed out that it's a posible chemical pregnancy.
My girlfriend and I are trying to have a baby.  She just had her IUD removed last month so we werent expecting anything to happen yet.  She took 2 home test, the positive line was faint on both of them but were positive.  She went to docs and his test came back negative.  She still hasnt had her expected period, but has had some very light spotting.  Were wondering whats going on too.  Shes always regular.  I've heard the expensive home tests are better than the cheap ones the doctors use and can pick up hormomes earlier.  We plan on waiting out the weekend and if she hasnt gotten her period we will do another test.
I think I have experienced a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. I took a total of 7 pregnancy tests. the first 5 were all positive, the first 4 i took were the ones with the lines, they were all very faint so I went and bought the clear blue digital ones and it said positive. That night my fiancée and I had sex and the next morning I was bleeding very heavily with blood clots. I was thinking it was my period so I took two more digital tests the next two days, both were negative. The bleeding stopped today so it only lasted two days.I can't get a doctor appt until Friday so I have to wait till then. I'm planning on taking another test in the morning. What do you guys think?
Maybe you can go to the ER.  
Maybe you can go to the ER.
I have a question for a friend of mine who is going through something that sounds a lot like what a few of you have experienced and am hoping to get some input from you ladies about what might be going on...

She had a miscarriage about 4.5 weeks ago (she was only about 4-4.5 weeks along) and she got a negative pregnancy test the night she miscarried. About 2 weeks later she had symptoms that led her to believe she was ovulating (she is very sensitive and can ALWAYS tell when she ovulates. I have never know her to be wrong about that) and, since she didnt expect to ovulate so soon after miscarrying, she and her husband had unprotected sex the day before. And then I think they did the day after as well. About a week and a half later (so 3 or 4 days before she would have been expecting her period if she had ovulated when she thought she did) she took a pregnancy test and it was negative as well. As the next couple days went on she began to feel like she was pregnant so she took another test the day her period was "due" and it was clearly positive. She has taken several since then and all were positve and the line is continuing to get darker. She went to the doctor this week (at about 16 days after she thought she ovulated) and the doctor believed that she is probably having leftover hormone from the miscarriage because it is so unlikely to conceive so soon after miscarrying. He did an ultrasound and couldnt detect a pregnancy (but its still very early) but he did say that her uterine lining is very thick which might mean that the miscarriage was not complete. He said if she is pregnant then this will probably take care of itself and not be an issue but if she is not pregnant then she will need a D&C. He sent her for blood work and her levels are at 233 which the nurse said is very low for being 4-4.5 weeks along and the doctor suspects that it is leftover hormone from the miscarriage. She wont know more until next week when they do another blood test but it is driving her crazy not knowing what to believe! She really feels like she is pregnant for a few reasons...1. she got a neg test right after miscarrying and another neg 3 weeks later and then only NOW is getting positives (but this could be from her thick lining if its not all gone then it could be causing her levels to continue to rise. But would it make sense that they dropped and then started to rise again?) and 2.She felt like she ovulated which would not have happened if her levels were not at 0. 3. She is feeling pregnant-a bit nauseous, tender breasts, tender abdomen. All symptoms that she has not had since her miscarriage until a few days ago. ANYWAYS....somehow this got very long and I am sorry for that! But what is your opinion? Would it be possible for it to be leftover hormones if her levels went low enough to get negative tests and then are now back up high enough to get postives? Would that even make sense? Thank you for any insight you can offer!
Had a positive test last week....negative this week but exhausted and mild cramping...nausea last night jsut after dinner....who knows, I haven't a clue...
I have had the same thing. I am goin on 18days late. I got multiple positives and neg....but NO spotting bleeding or cramping..waiting for dr appt on wed. What is wrong? Can I still be pregnant?
I had my period last week and took a test 2 days ago it came up positive and I told my boyfriend we were both very excited but today I took another test it came up negative. I don't know what to do or how to tell him what's going on I've made an appt with my doctor. I've wanted a baby for 6 years now and this is just heart breaking the only thing is I wish I never told my boyfriend because he is so excited. How do I break the news to him?
Reading these makes me feel a little bit more normal. I had two positive tests last Monday. A faint positive on Wednesday, and 4 negatives since then. I've had tender and swollen breasts, bloating, intense cravings, and a little nausea. I haven't had a period since I came off my BC the week of Christmas. I'm scheduled to go to the doctor on Wednesday and I'm a complete wreck.
So... I had IUD removed 11/25/2010. We have been trying to get pregnant. 02/07 first test positive... then 02/14 another positive. Made my first doctor appt for 02/24/11. Then 02/23/2011 I started bleeding. Called the doctor and they got me in that day. There test said negative. Did the exam down there and she said everything is pointing to be having been or actually am pregnant but that they had to do some blood work. I now am waiting on those results now. I am still bleeding with very small amounts of clots, no pain or cramps or anything like that and I still feel like I am pregnant which is the crazy thing. I think after reading all of this that I had a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage. It is my first one and quite devastating. What I do know is that I have a beautiful healthy 3 year old baby girl and I know we are going to keep trying. I am happy to know that I am not the only one going through this right now. Keep your heads up and I am sure we will all get through this just fine. Thanks everyone!
2/16 i started spotting. which was unusul bcause i had just had my cycle a week and a half before.  i took 2 at home test, both positive. three days later i took another positive and the next morning another positive. i spotted again a few days later,and took another positive test. 2/27 i start spotting again around 11 p.m. and the next day im still spotting and cramping. i decide enough is enough and go to the e.r. i explain everything to them and they decide to do a blood test. Three hours later they com and tell me that i was never pregnant and my cervix is normal. it was prob. early pregnancy. i am so confused with all of it. I went to the hospital to have my menstrual cycle checked basically. it is now 3/1 and i am currently bleeding like a cycle. i have 2 children already and i know the pregnancy symptoms. so can anyone explain to me what is going on, and why i feel the doctor is wrong????? please help
I'm so upset, I've been ttc with my husband and I have been using the test sticks. I knew I was pregnant and my body started to change straight away, my brests were big and viany and tender, I was moody and bloated but I loved it! I did a pregnancy test and it was positive, 1-2 weeks pregnant, then another one 2 days later with the same result. I did another one this morning, a week later, and was expecting it to say 2-3 weeks pregnant but it said not pregnant. but my body still feels pregnant and I wanted it so much. I also feel silly as I told close friends and family.
Do you think my test this morning could have been wrong? I'm confused.
Thank you and I'm wish you all courage and love in my prayers
Have to say I am relieved that I am not crazy...For the last week all tests have gone from positive to negative and vice versa. Almost a week late, (have never been late except when I was pg with my daughter) Breasts are swollen, and belly too. I was reading about this chemical pg. I am not bleeding. How long before the bleeding occurs? I cant take much more of this.
I have been back on depo for 2 years, I got my last shot in Jan.(24th) which was 10 days late and on Feb 22 I took a hpt (around 4 pm) and it was positive. I've had abosolutly no symptoms. I decided that since I've had no symptoms to take another test yesterday morning and it was negative and another this morning which was neg. could i have had a chemical pregn and not known it? I've had 2 days about 3 weeks ago when I had faint pinkish-brownish discharge and some sharp pains around then too but thats been it.
I was due to come on my cycle this past Sunday. My cycle is 4 days late and on this 4th day I began to bleed/spot. My cramps are so bad I can barely stand up. Period meds are not working to decrease the pain (which is VERY rare) am I having a chemical pregnancy? I've taken 4 test 1 positive and 3 negative. What could it be I'm never late...Please help!
I went to the nurse just over s month ago, as my period was not normal, and she did a pregnancy test, it came back negative. 2 weeks later I took a home test and came up posative, I then took another 3 test eirlyer this week all posative. Then yesterday I took another test and it was negative. I am 8 days late but this has confused me. I have just booked an appointment with the nurse for monday.
I went to the nurse just over a month ago, as my period was not normal, she did a pregnancy test, it came back negative. 2 weeks later I took a home test and came up posative, I then took another 3 test eirlyer this week all posative. Then yesterday I took another test and it was negative. I am 8 days late but this has confused me. I have just booked an appointment with the nurse for monday.
I was really glad to find this string tonight; although, I wish I had found it last week when I was going through this. I had the same experience...3 postive tests starting the day AF was due. A week later and after my hubby and I have come to terms with welcoming #3 (and the very day I booked my Dr. appt. and sent a birthday card with a hint in it to my Mom), I started bleeding. I took a Hpt that afternoon and it was neg. I took another one the next morning and it was also neg. However, I kept my Dr.'s appt. After speaking with me, she was actually hopeful, saying it might be a "vanishing twin". She did a quantitative BT, which came back "1". That's practically "never was pregnant" to begin with. I asked if there was such a thing as a false positive and she just shrugged her shoulders.

It's been very difficult to come to terms with this. In addition to feeling like someone/something has played a very cruel trick on me, my body refuses to give up "feeling" pregnant. I still feel ill, still have heartburn and my breasts have phantom pain (feel sore when left alone, but aren't tender to touch). Today, my hormones have been off the charts (like 15-year old girl PMS with crying and tantruming) and I'm extremely bloated and achy, but I shouldn't expect AF for at least another two weeks.

Does anyone have any idea if this is normal or know when I can expect things to get back to normal. This is heartbreaking enough as it is. My husband won't let this happen again so I don't get to look forward to another try. I just need to be able to get this loss out of my day-to-day thoughts and concentrate on the two blessing I already have.

Thanks in advance for taking the time.
Well I am going through something similar! I've been late for almost 2 weeks now and last night I took a first responce digital test and it came out as a +yes or positive. Today in the morning I redid it but with a regular first response one and it came out negative. My problem here is that "supposibly" I have my tubes clipped for almost 5 years now. I do feel my breast tender and my lower abdomen crampy. I am very scared just by the fact that if I am I hope my baby is not growing in one of my falopian tubes. I am going to the doctor in a couple of hours to see what's going on...I will keep you guys posted....
I took 6 test all said positive took 2 more a week latter both Neg:/ I don't have a normal period any suggestions..... or thoughts much appreciated thanks all.
i am a soon to be a month pregnant and i was 2 weeks late from my period and it on lasted 2 days which for me is not normal! ive been having the symptoms of being pregnant, my stomach is rock hard nothing like tha usual and my breasts are tender and my areoles has gotten darker and bigger? i took a total of 4 pregnancies test and 2 came out positive and the other 2 came out negative... so i have a doctors appointment and i feel that i am pregnant and i wanna know CAN I BE PREGNANT ?
I think i may be experiencing a chemical pregnancy because i took an ept digital test on monday and it came out positive.. now thursday i began bleeding like a period with mild cramps... friday morning i took.another digital ept and it read not pregnant... i dont know what to think.. im gonna visit the doctor and see what happens... i will post back with result .. gd luck ladies....
my period starts april 22 end up april 24. On the May 1st week we have contact with my husband and after that i experienced spotting/discharging sum kinda brownish blood. I bought Pregnancy test it shows positive, then stil I am not contented I bought another two still the results went positive.
I went to my OB lasy saturday for check up and had a test the results is positive and had an ultrasound but its very unseen. I will be back after 10 days.

And I'm wondering my next period would be on May 23, still im not on due. Why is it like this. Any idea anyone?