Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Possibly pregnant after Depo?

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Possibly pregnant after Depo?

Hello, I am wondering if there is any possibility of me being pregnant. I was on the depo shot for 5 months, and my last shot was August 1st 2012. I quit taking it because of the miserable, almost constant, periods I had. After coming off the shot, I had a period that lasted for about 3 months, beginning in September with the last day of bleeding around December 24th 2012. I have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend several times, using condoms and occasionally just the withdrawal method. Lately, I have been extremely tired, more emotional, my breasts are sore, and my nipples are larger and darker. I have had mild cramping as well. Last week, on Sunday the 13th, my "period" began. The reason I added quotes was the bleeding started a week early, only lasted about 3 days, and it was lighter than usual. I bled lightly for a day, and the rest of the days was just brown spotting. Tomorrow is the day that my period is due. Could it be implantation bleeding? I'm wondering if I should take a home pregnancy test, or if the symptoms I'm experiencing is most likely just my body still getting back to normal. I've heard that some women take 1 year + to become fertile again after the shot. Thanks for any help!
Its from the depo shot. It messed up my hormones for about a year.
Yes it is I am a living witness
I always thought that when i was on it. It was terrible but its typical to have that problem with the depo. Id wait until ur a week late then take a test
Thanks everybody. I took a pregnancy test last night and it came back negative. Today is the day I expect my period, and it still hasn't come. No surprise there, though, considering my cycle isn't back to normal yet. I think I'm gonna take another test in a week just to be sure.