Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Pregnant right after Mirena removal?????

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Ok ... so here goes ... first; I had my first Mirena in for 5 years then the second Mirena in for 22 months.  Towards the end of July 2013, I actually got (what i think was) a period for the first time in YEARS!!! It was heavy HEAVY and gross and lasted about 8 days.  Finally, due to the issues/side effects of Mirena i was experiencing (weight gain,  horrible mood swings, acne, never-ending yeast infections, etc), then this massive, heavy, and completely random period that happened, I had the Mirena removed on August 15th.
  My fiance and I are very "active" (*wink) and never used condoms while I had the mirena all the way up until the night before (the 14th) my removal appointment.  
  My appointment came,  Mirena successfully removed (THANK GOD!!!) and condoms have been being used every day and/or night.  I starting spotting off and on immediately that night until it stopped completely on the 20th.  
  **** Here's what's been happening though for the last week and a half or so ...   I'm EXHAUSTED constantly. My BREASTS feel like they weigh a gazillion pounds!!!!  HEADACHES ... Holy crap I have headaches that come and go and are absolutely agonizing!!!!   DIZZINESS & QUEASY feelings ... If I stand too fast I feel like I'm gonna vomit. If I eat ANYTHING it makes me just feel nauseous!!!  THIRSTY!!!!!  I could impress a camel with how much water I can drink in a day this last week!!!! With that of course ... FREQUENT and I mean ... FREQUENT urination!!!!!!  Lastly ... theres this plaguing feeling of just BLAH ... where I just feel completely "out of it".  

So here's my question ... could my random period actually been a period at the end of July meaning I was actually ovulating when my Mirena came out (and since having unprotected sex every day before then) there could've been little swimmers still waiting??????  Or would removing the Mirena and the few days of spotting "flushed" the lining out preventing implantation???!?!!?!!?   Then all these symptoms could just be hormones trying to get back in check????  Or could I ACTUALLY BE PREGNANT WITH PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS?!?!?!?!??!
Actually there is a possibility you are pregnant! Crazy as it may seem, sperms live for as long as three days sometimes longer. Seeing how you had unprotected sex the day before you got your mirena taken out means that you could have ovulated within three days after or even one day after!
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH for taking the time to reply!!!!  I know this sounds totally dumb and super naive (two traits I normally don't possess ... lol) ... but I actually never knew nor did my doctor even mention that sperm can live for days inside a woman.  I had no idea!!!!  And just speaking for those 3 days before I had my mirena removed, there was MORE than just one "unprotected episode".  My fiance and I weren't/aren't trying to conceive, and had I even known that his lil' swimmers had a life span of a few days on average, we would've started using condoms much sooner than just 3 days pprior to the removal of my Mirena.  OR ... IF MY DOCTOR WOULD'VE ACTUALLY TOLD ME OR AT LEAST ASKED WHEN THE LAST TIME I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WAS and enlightened me about a sperm's life span, I would've just rescheduled the appointment for a couple weeks out and began using condoms then.
However ... I always live by "What's meant to be ... Will be!" My fiance is 40 and doesn't have any children.  I have a 12 year-old son.  Oddly enough,  my son, my fiance AND myself are ALL "only-children".   But perhaps that trend in the household is about to change.   Lol!!!!!   I'll take a home test (or a few) over the course of a week or 2 or 3 and find out for sure then comment here again to let you know.   Thank you again!!!!!!!