Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Reasons for missed period

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Reasons for missed period

Are there any other reasons for missing a period,Im a week late anyway-any other reasons apart from pregnancy?Ive been eating normally I think,and I think Im as stressed as this usually anyway.So..any ideas?Thanks
Joane
There can be many reasons for a skipped or late period.  Stress, worry, illness, or just hormones gone awry temporarily.

Did you ever take that HPT?  You were going to.  If it was neg, try to relax a bit and not worry.  If you still haven't gotten it in another week, test again, being sure to use a first morning urine and follow the test directions exactly.

I hope things work out for you Joane.
Thanks everyone for their advice- I got my period exactly one week late- better late than never! I'm so relieved and realised I was being quite stupid- and didnt really have anything to worry about. However, it's hard not to worry a lot in that position and having you guys here to answer my questions and reassure me helped so much. Thank you so much everyone. X
Im a week late should I take the pg test or wait awhile to see if i get my period or not ? This is making me stressed is it possible for me to be worried thats why its npt coming on? i take the pill every day . so im kinda confused i know this could happen but i wasnt exspecting this
ok so im 16 and havent had my period in three months and im not pregnant....wheat r some posabilities and is there anything i can do?
Im 16 also. when i was 14 i had missed a peroid for 3 months straight. When i went to the doctors they told me i had a really bad kidney infection that i couldn't feel. Go to the doctors and check it out. A missed peroid can pretty much mean anything. Infections, Illnesses, Problems. you should just go to the doctors and get it checked out.

good luck hun =]
im 14 and having sex and i havent got my period since febuary and its now july!! and i have been taking pregnacy test but they all come out neggative..i do at times feel like im pregnant but my stomachs not growing..so i know im not pregnant because of the home pregnacy test..ive took about 4 one almost every month..whats wrong with me? what should i do other then go to the doctors? help!!!
Hi, I'm 13 and the last period I had ended in late June. I think I am about a week or more late, but I'm not sure since I don't really "calendar" my periods. Anyway, all I know is that I should have gotten it recently, but I havent. I KNOW I'm not pregnant, so why is my cycle screwed up? My doctor said that the first year of that you have your period is messed up because your still new to it, but I got my period in April of '05, so I should be normal by now. I just need to know if there is something wrong, and if so, if I should consult a doctor. Thanks for all your help!
i'm 18 yrs old and the last time i got my period was almost 5 months ago...im starting to worry alittle...i know im not pregnant but why is it that i dont get my period...i would get it every month until march...can anyone help me out here and give me some advice...ty
HI IM 17 YEARS OLD AND I HAVENT GOTTEN MY PERIOD FOR 4 MONTHS...IM NOT PREGNANT IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME..IM SO SCARED ..MY PERIOD DOESNT COME NORMAL BUT THE LONGES IVE GONE WITH OUT IT ITS 2 MONTHS WHATS WRONG I NEED HELP...IM TO SHY TO TELL MY MOM..ABOUT IT..
I really hope that you've gotten advice from someone. If you haven't and you don't feel comfortable telling your mom then go to Planned Parenthood. They provide a great service and they're confidential. But you really should see a doctor...it could be nothing your body is still changing but you always have a better chance if something is caught early. So please don't wait anymore and schedule an apt.

Good luck.
i recently got hurt playing a sport and was told a pulled lower abdominal muscle, but now im thinking i could have a hernia or somthing else wrong with me!.. could any of this affect my period?
hi
I am already 12 days late on my period. That has never happend to me before. i know that i am not pregnant. i do however feel a pain on the bottom left side of my stomach. I am wondering what that could be. But other than that i have not had any menstrual cramps or anything.
i am 17 and i am 23 days late on my period now. i know im not pregnant because i havent had sex since june and we used protection and i got my period for june july and august. i have though been feeling a little nauseated and feeling like throwing up the last few days and sometimes  all day. i did kind of lost weight but not a lot now i weight 110 i dont know if that could be a reason i only lost 10 pounds. so do you have an idea why i missed my period?  
if you havnt yet you chould definitly go to the Doctors.
pains like that usually mean some sort of infection such as clamydia (chlamydia)
im 16 and for little over a year now my period has not been coming regularly. I'll have my period then for 3-5 months i wont have one. i have high blood pressure and i think maybe that has something to do with it but im not sure and im a virgin. im scared to tell my mom and i dont really want to go to the doctor unless i absolutly have to. Does anyone have any idea. PLEASE HELP!
well when i was ur guys age i would go 6 mths without periods and even now after 2 kids and a tubal ligation i still go months on and off without periods i have been checked before and the doc always said everything was fine but you should go to the doctor n e wayz just incase .you dont want to wait too late.
i am 17 years old and am 10 days late,i am sexually active but am always careful. i was ill 8 days ago from food poisoning and was wondering if this could be why i am late?or could it be pregnancy.
Have you taken an HPT?  Are your cycles regular?  What type of birth control do you use?  What do you mean "am always careful"?

There are other reasons for missing a period (or being late) besides pregnancy -- stress, illness, etc.  However, anytime you're having sex, there is a chance of pregnancy.  

You should take an HPT...and really either way, you should get in to see your doctor.  If you are pregnant, then good prenatal care is important.  If you're not, the doctor can help determine why you are late -- this can possibly wait a bit longer to see if it comes on in the next couple of weeks...unless you have any other concerning symptoms (abdominal pain, painful urination, abnormal discharge (esp. w/ odor), etc.) then you should go right away.

Take the test...let us know...and then we can help you decide what your next step should be.

Lastly, are you able to talk to your mother or another trusted adult for help?  That is always a good place to start if at all possible.

Good luck.
No i havent taken a HPT.my cycles are normally regular, sometimes are very light and some times quite heavy.I always use condoms and check for any type of split/hole,i have been under some stress but no more than usual. I'll take the test and tell you the results.thanks for the help.
I am sixteen, & usually get my period around the same time, but it's never EXACTLY on time, usually a little later. I am sexually active, and have been for about a year now- my boyfriend and I use protection... But this month my period is somewhere from 9-16 days late. I got so worried, I took a HPT but it came out negative. I've been eating more lately, but my weight has not fluctuated at all, and I am under a TON of stress with finals coming up. Could the stress be the cause of my late period? Or maybe even the fact that I keep worrying I may be pregnant?
If someone could give me some words of advice, that would be great. Thanks!
hi
  Im 16, and i am really scared.  I havent had my period in about 5 months.  and I know i am not pregnant.  I just want to know what is wrong with me and is it bad.  Can someone please help me.  
im 30 yrs old not on any birth control have already taken a blood test to see if i was pregnant and urine tests, why havent i had a period in over three months  the tests came back negative    so what do u think is wrong
and my cycle hasnt evr been out of wack so im a normal one justcant figure out wats going on
I'm 18... took a HPT about 3 months ago and it was negative and then about a week later i had a period but it was really spotty and light and i havent had one since.. i havent had sex since and im really stressed a lot but i havent had a period still... my boobs are really tender all the time but im also sick at the moment with a terrible flu, i dont have any cravings, or intense smell, do you think i could still maybe be pregnant?
stress does a great amount to your body..3 months is a long time id see a doc
i'm on loestrine for ovarian cysts. i missed a day and haven't had my period in three months. i took three hpt test they all were negative. i feel sick but i cant tell my mom. she doesnt even know im dating the guy im sleeping with...what do i do? im scared?
I'm 26 and I've never had a problem with my period until this month. I know that my period wants to come, because my lower abdomen has gotten larger as if the blood and tissue are definitely there. I've never had sex unless I blacked out while I was in transition between seizure medications, but I don't think that's possible. I decided to wait it out because I figured that changing medications may be causing the problem, but I've changed meds before like this and It's never affected my cycle. I don't have any abdominal pain and I don't have any early symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, sensitive breasts, heightened sense of smell, etc., so what I'm asking is if a blackout during a transition of those meds is even possible at all. I'm not sure if I should take a HPT at the moment because I'm pretty sure it'll be negative anyway. Is there a nurse out there who might know something about this sort of thing?
Okay im so confused. I first got my period last february in 2007. everything was fine until around end of march beginning of april 2007. they were just late and off. Then over the summer i didnt have any until around september or october. It was a little but not much lighter than usual.But just a regular period. i didnt have any until one did in the winter it had a VERY light one that only lasted like one day. I do play soccer year round. i know for sure im not pregnant. i dont have pains or anything..could this be something serious? im not overweight. but i eat alot and dont gain anything. so i think im eating the rights of nutrition. Could this be serious or just from sports and such.
Im 19 years old and I am about a week late. I have taken three HPT and they all said negative. I just switched to a new birthcontrol called loestrin24Fe. I have never been late after switching birthcontrol before. I have a doctors appointment scheduled for next week but I dont know what else it would be other than pregnancy. I am okay with that but I just dont know why it wouldn't show up on a test. I haven't been under anymore stress than usual. Do you really think I could be pregnant? Please let me know.
Thanks.
I am 16 years old.  i started my peroid one day when I was 14 going on 15 in a few months, it lasted abut 2 days. I didnt have it until a year after that, when i was about to turn 16, they were pretty regular, until the time it lasted 15 days!!! I had my period a few times after that, I am sexually active, but i've used condoms and my boyfriend is so cautious that he gets scared most time and pulls out before he climaxes. He only climaxed inside me twice both with a condom on. I havent had my period for about 2 months, im pretty scared, I havent taken a pregnancy test, i dont feel different though, i should take on i know, he tells me im being dumb and i shouldnt worry about it because my periods were pretty irregular to start with!! WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?
im 16 and i began having sex in february, we have used condoms mostly all the time, but recently my bf has told me that if he tries to *** faster then we could have sex without the condom because then it wouldnt matter and i couldnt be pregnant. so i dont know. its been 32 days since my last period. i took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it came out negative, yesterday i took another another in the morning and it also came out negative, but im stressing because i havent had it. what can i do? i dont want to be pregnant and i dont want the baby, and i defenitly cannot tell my parents, they would kill me. please someoe help me!
i havent been sexually active since january. my period has came on normal times up until this month and im a little over a week late. im thinking on buying a test wednesday. i went and asked a health teacher at school and she said it was really rare to have normal period and stop after its been awhile. is there a possibility i could be? i mean it was the beginning of january since ive had sex.
i forgot to mention im under a lot of stress at school with my parents mentioning possible summer school and the fact i need good grades to get my license. if that has anything to do with it. on top of me worrying about it not coming and thoughts running through my head.
Ok. This may be a little odd for me to be the one posting but my girlfriend and i think she may be pregnant. She is a few days late for her period. Our relationship has been going through alot of trouble recently and she has been exercising more than she used to and I heard this could contribute. The thing is we really didn't have sex that time. The only thing was she put me into her and we layed there for 30 sec and she got off of me. I know I didn't ejaculate and every time afterwards I used a condom. Do you think she could have gotten pregnant because I know about pre ejaculate and everything.
hi,

i was taking pills for the last 4 years and in june 2008 i stopped taking it because we are planning. but now in july i missed my periods and take urine prg test and it comes negative. now i m worry yeah i am feeling some problem in my abdominal also.my doc advice me to wait for one more week and test again.can anyone advice me wat should i do.
hi,

I've been taking pills for the last 2 years religiously. I am so scared and nervous. I had sex with my boyfriend on Saturday night which was the night of my last active pill before placebos. We had unprotected sex because I thought I was still covered. I'm on the week of unactive (placebo) pills and I still haven't gotten my period. I'm very nervous and am not sure what to do! I don't know because it's too late with the Plan B morning after pill and I can't be pregnant. I will be taking a pregnancy test tomorrow but I don't know what else to do. Can someone please help me?!
its not likely your pregnant. you can get pregnant on the pill but its not very likely to if you taking them like you should. awalways use a condom. bc can effect your period sometimes. try not to worry
I had my tubes tied 3 years ago after my last child was born, I started to take Provera in September of 2006, I stopped taking it on my own in May of this year. I got my period May 13th and have not had one since. What could be the prblem???
im 18 years old and im 3 months late on my period i already took 2 pregnacy test and they came up negative why havent i got my period in 3 months. can someone please help me im starting to worry. thank you
if your three months late and your getting negative hpts...your not pregnant

you should really be going to the doctor about this so they can check you out!
There are so many different reasons for why you could be late. My last period was 4 1/2 weeks late and there is no baby in my belly  :( . The more you stress and worry about a late period the later it is going to be. If you are that worried about it I would just go to the doctor.  
hi, i am 17 years old, and have never had sex. my period is a little late, and im starting to worry bc i have dry humped in my underwear, but this was the day after my period ended, but he has never ejaculated on or near me, or so he says.

i have no symtoms (symptoms) of pregnancy, except sensitive breasts, but i always get that before my period comes.

i have been under some stress lately, with my job and also leaving and going away to college. could these have an affect on me?
You would have noticed if he ejaculated on you, it would have been on your clothing. As long as his spermies didn't get anywhere near your vagina you are not pregnant. Stress definitely effects your menstrual  cycle.
Hi can anyone tell me y i got my period late this month? i missed my period for one month but i got it one week later so i missed my period for one month and one week well im sexually active with my boyfriend but we used condoms all the time. Iam so confused cuz i have big cravings lately like i was going to get subway the othert day but all of the sudden i saw a pizza place and i was craving it so bad so i ended up getting pizza. I been getting hungry more often and im not like that.  
Im 20 years old, fulltime student...and My situation is very similar to nat21215... Ive never had sex but i have dry humped before... And ive watched my bf ejaculate so i know its not on or in me. But my closest friend was warning me about pre-ejaculation... I guess its like right before he actually does it... where he kinda leaks.... I'm not too sure about that...I mean i know its never been inside cause either of us had on underwear... But I don't know... Im so afraid....Cause Im not any in way ready for that type of responsibility...

As far as symtoms (symptoms)(sp) I haven't really had any.. but I've found myself treating my boyfriend awfully for no reason at all...I don't know.  Probably cause Im afraid....Anyways, I don't wanna take a hpt... Should I?
Am 17 going on 18 in a couple of months i tryed to keep my sister alarmed that i have had my period.. offcourse she doesnt belevie me, am scared she is going to tell my mom. the last time i had sex was in march or april not realy sure. but the problem is that i havent keeped up with my period for a while so i have lost count on when i did get it. though lately i been so worried that if i am or not. the past month i did not get it. so am really worried. but this month is fixing to end and am worried. Last month i took a pregnancy test just to be sure that i wasnt.. and it came out negative. well there were actually two in there. then i took a thirt and it also came out negative... am afraid that i could be pregnant, because am not ready for a baby at the moment... are there any good reasons why my period is late and what else i can do to make sure that am not pregnant?
Ok...so I'm 27 and a momma of a soon to be 2 yr. old..and possibly pregnant right now.  Reading all of these posts makes me want to cry.  I feel so bad that most of you younger girls & teens feel you are too embarrassed, shy, or SCARED to talk to your moms about your problems.  I think you should think about how much your moms really love you, and yes, in the beginning may totally be shocked and freak for a minute, but will be your best support and help.  IF you still feel the way you do and DO NOT want to talk to your mom...PLEASE find someone, a responsible adult whom you can trust, such as a teacher, friend's mom, aunt, youth pastor, etc...Please, get them to help you find out what is going on...however, I still believe you should try to talk to your mom...she may not be as critical as you think.  Especially if you start by telling her that you need her to be understanding and help you.  And for those who aren't even sexually active and are having menstrual issues...PLEASE go ahead and talk to your moms!  You may have something seriously wrong and its not worth the risk...we all have periods...it's natural, so its OK to talk about.  Good luck, and my prayers are with you all.
i am 18 years old and sexually active. i live with my bf now. i am now 3 weeks late and the most i've been late was a week. i have been cramping and been bloated like my normal premenstral symptoms. as for stress it may have a factor in the lateness, i got kicked out the week i was supposed to start and have been worrying about where i was going to live and i also just started college last week. i have no job and can't pay for any doctor visit or anything, i do have a med card though but am too worried about finding out i'm positive to find a doc. my bf says that i have nothing to worry about and that i am not pregnant but i am still worrying none the less. i also have prehypertension and have been on meds for it for two years. there is no way that i am able to handle a baby with everything else that is going on in my life.
could the high blood pressure be a cause, or the stress or should i try to get a hpt just to check?
my periods are seven days late, had home pregnancy test and one in lab that is urine test. all are negative, iam worried, i have stomach pain from last two days. can any one help. after how many days the pregnancy test is advisable.
help me out
alright, so I'm 16 and I was with one of my friends and we almost had sex, he like tried to get it in but i didn't want to since he didn't have a condom..is there anyway that i can be pregnant? i was supposed to get my period today and I'm really worried..
I'm in the same boat. If anyone answers could answer either of us it would be greatly appreciated....
I'm 17 and usually have fairly regular periods. Over the summer I had protected sex but was also on bc but I always forgot to take them and always ended up taking several pills at a time and at the end of the summer I stopped taking bc altogether. I havnt gotten my period in 4-5 months and I've taken 2 hpt and they were both negative. My stomach isn't getting any bigger and I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy so idk what's wrong w me!?!? Help
I'm 20, my problem started this year. I saw my period jan didn't see it feb, saw it march didn't see it april n now i'm waitinig to c it this month hopefully. Whats wrong with me?
I'm 18 (well 19 in less than two weeks) and I'm the latest I've ever been on my period. I just finished my university a month ago, so I don't think i'm to stressed, although I am due to take my drive test in a few days. I've also started exercising lately, I don't know if that has any affect. It's really highly unlikely that I'm pregnant since I've never had sex, but a month ago a few day before I started my last period I fooled around with a guy. I don't think I could be pregnant, but am still worried because if by some rare occurance I am, I've found out this guy is really not father material.I hope someone can help, because this is startng to freak me out. I'd talk to my mom, but I can't because she's gone.
I am 42 yrs old
Had my tubes tied 12 yrs ago
Had an Endomertrial Ablation done about 2 yrs ago
Had 3 full term pregnancy each time I knew I was pregnant and took the test b4 I was late and it came up positive.

I have not had my period since April 2nd.
Took one of those cheap ones you get at Dollar General for $1 , it came back negative.

I don't know what is wrong.
This may seem odd to some but one of my dogs my Golden he has been sticking to me like glue and another odd fact he usually does that when its close to that time of month for me he will stay by my side the whole time.
Lately he doesn't like me out of his sight.
I know strange.

I don't know what to do.
I take several medication for back pain, migraines, muscle relaxers and Zoloft.
I have had some tiredness , nausea and light headed but not too bad just now and then.

What would you all do, would love some feed back of what others would do.
Thanks in advance.

i am 3 weeks latee, and i know im defiantly not pregnant, because i've had a period three times since i last had sex, whilst i was suppose to be coming on, i've been feeling like i want to be sick at least once a day. and whilst i was doing sit-ups i had to stop half way, because i felt like i was going to throw up again, also i went on the trampoline and i done two bounces and i had to stop because i got a horrible pain in my stomach, can anyone help ? Emma
i have not had sex in over 3 years but my period is 4 days late but why i mean i didnt eat salot, or sleep in the month and was really stress about a test and had bad headache
I'm 13 and I started my period for the first time on 1-27-10 and it took five months to come back and when it did, it was June 13, 2010. It July 28 now and I shouldve started back by now.. Is there something wrong with me?? (I haven't had sex) and I don't wanna go to a doctor for this because I'm not comfortable with showing myself.. PLEASE HELP!!
Im 23. I always had irregular periods. Like, once every 3 months or so. I had my daughter in April of 2008.  I didnt have a period until May of 2009. If it was even concidered a period. I had horrible cramps and bleed out clots for ONE night only. HORRIBLE pain. I havent had a period since. (its july 2010) Ive taken Provera twice. They tested for PCOS and everything came back normal except my thyroid levels were a bit low. They even did a ultrasound for cysts and nothing came back. Ive googled for MONTHS to try to find something and come up empty handed. Anyone heard of anything like this before?  
hi, i came off the pill in march, my periods went straight back to normal and no disruptions.. which is normal for me. i have a daughter.. she is now 15 months.
i had sex about 6-7 weeks ago, using a condom, and came on my period an hour after.
now its been all that time, no period since, no sign of period, but every sign for pregnancy apart from the positive test and sickness which i had with my daughter.
im really freaking out. i dont think im ready for another baby yet. im about to start back at uni for my final year and i cant deal with a pregnancy and baby as well as my little one and all the studying.
do you think i could be pregnant or something else?
hey my name is amber and i have a sisther that thinks she pregnant because its been five mouths she said from her last period but she has alot to be stress out. Iam hopeing that could be it. could it be ?
Hey I am 24 and have not had a normal period in years. Doctors find nothing wrong with my hormone levels or anything. Did a pap smear and still nothing. What could be wrong? I want a baby really bad
something could be wrong with your appendics
Hi, im 13 never had sex but i missed my period. Also i just started a ADHD medication and i was woundering if that has anything to do with it?
hi im 15 and im 13 days late, ive never had irregular periods and I do have sex but we used a condom and that was about 21 days ago. I have sore breasts and get heartburn sometimes when I eat, and am urinating more than usual which are signs of pregnancy. any advice would be extremely helpful.
Welcome to genocide. Not a myth a reality. There are over 700million infertile women today because your parents and grandparents were fed a chemical known to kill fertility, which was said to take 3 generations before it activated and made offspring infertile. Even if you do manage to have a kid, the chances your kid can have kids will be zero. Welcome to depopulation people.

Where the only ones left standing will be hardcore drug and alcohol addicts to messed up to head to a Dr.

Great way to dumb down society too huh?

BTW if u *can* get preg you can sell your eggs for 16,000 dollars. If you can carry you get about 114,000$.

They took our birthright, and made it a blackmarket for the rich.