Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
how long after you miss your period should you take pregnancy test

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Viewing 201-282 comments:
Hi, I took a home p- test and it was positive and then took another and it said no.. So I went to my doctor and got a blood test and it also said no.. I waited a week and still had no period so I went back to the doctor when I was 14 days late thinking she would re-test me, but she didn't re-test me.. She said by my blood work the week before it showed I was not prago, and that she was just going to give me something to make me start my period! I have never been late in my life and my hubby and I have been trying for 9 years to have a baby, well 3 months ago I had surgery and had my left side taken out and cysts removed and other things done.. I had 2 normal periods after my surgery and now the 3rd month and I have not had a period, with one positive test, and two negative... I didn't like the idea of taking the med. that is suppose to make you have your period not knowing for sure that Im not prago. What should I do?? Im now 17 days late and my doc is not wanting to re-test, which is crazy in my mind!! Please help, I feel like Im going crazy!!!
hi., i'm confused. I'm a graduating student, actually, running for honors. Me and my boyfriend had sexual intercourse last May 2011. It was not my ovulation date at that time..I had menstrual period  for the month of May, 5 days before my menses starts. I had menstrual period last June 2011, 2 days earlier than before. On both may and june, I did not feel anything werid, nor the color, duration of the menses and how heavy it was,  Now, for the month of July, I am 8 days delayed. I never had missed periods this long. and as far as i remember that May 2011 was the last time we did that.

Ive been feeling a bit nauseous, cramping and headaches, but this is usual for me, PMS symptoms. I never experienced breast tenderness nor spotting. Am i pregnant? or just delayed because of stress?

I hope someone can answer me..im afraid to loose my academic awards...:( :( :(
HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE MISS MY PERIOD FOR 1 MONTH AND 23 DAY NOW I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME BAD CRAMP UNDER MY BELLY BOTTOM AND I WANT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM OFTEN I FEEL BAD IN THE MORNING NSD CANT WAKE UP TAKE A TEST AND IT SAID NEGATIVE
hi my partner and i have been TTC for 6months now, i came off the pill in January 2011,and we had sex every day for a week during my fertile window.My last peroid came on the 19th June,but its now the 25th july (which is 7 days over due) and im still waiting for my peroids to come,my peroids always are reguarly every 33 day (cycle)I havnt done a pregnancy test yet thinking its still might be too soon.What suit i do and whats happening?
Hi, I would definitely get a second opinion. Never go based on one. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I would take another home pregnancy test first and then regardless of positive/negative results, I would make another appointment with another doctor. Good luck!
i dont remember when i got my period last month i know it was later then usual... i am on a diet but its the end of july naad still no period... ive had 3 children before but my third passed away a half hour after she was born... i had a placenta abruption ..hellp syndrom (syndrome) and DIC due to my pre-eclampsia. i had to get a blood transfusion adn the dr said if i wanted to get pregnant again to wait at least a year. Its been 8 months.... im so scared for my health ... i havent taken a home preg test yet.. waiting till friday... but i have bad cramping and headaches.... someone please give me advice... stressedny
Im having some light bleeding and i feel sick and my breast or a little tender but i took a early pregnancy test and it came back negative cud i still b pregnant?
hello my period is late by three day my period is regular every month now i just don't feel the energy to do anything i haven't pregnancy test my breast are not sore what shall i do ?
i had unprotected sex but he didnt insert the entire penis only the top part however he did come .. ididnt get my periots on the following month im really scared
I went to the hospital 3days ago because i had sexual intercourse (unprotected) with my husband , & i kept having this pregnant feeling so i checked it came out negative i'm sure i'm pregnant because he told me he ejaculated in me . so im guessing iam .. but anyways he came out negative i went back again and came out negative again , im wondering whats wrong with me am i pregnant or what . btw i missed my period . the 18th on tha day i missed my period i had strong ! PAINS REAL Strong . i actually thought i was going to get my period but ididnt anyone know whats happening /?
hi i am just 44 since 12 th august , my periods were 23 days now i am 27 days no periods i have had cramps. nausea  but no period i have unprotected sex on 11th, 12th, 15th august, could i be pregnant too scared to do test
I think I may be pg I've missed my period for the whole month of Aug. Besides a lil spotting for like 3 days.he actually ejaculated in me,no symptoms besides gas,fatigue,bloting and lil small things such as that no vomiting or any thing major,BUTT!!!!!!!!I took a hot the 30th of this month and its negative"(but it say take a few days after missed period and it comes on about the end of the month.....should I keep my hopes up yall???
Hi everyone.

I came off the pill a month ago and my period is now 7 days late. I have not taken a hpt yet, but would like feed back before I do so. this will be my second child, but I have not had any symptoms like my first pregnancy?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.
Hi everyone, . I'd just like to tell everyone who is too scared to take a test, just take the test, if your more than 5+ days with a regular period. i'd more than encourage you to go take a test, also, even if your a couple days missed with a regular or irregular, just for a peace of mind i'd encourage you to spend the extra money on a test, or go to your family dr and tell him you are late, and would like to get a test done with the lab for either urine or blood. & for you who are not wanting to have a child, can i please just say DONT HAVE SEX. or at least be smart of it! Not trying to be rude. but Baby's come from 2 people male and female, who have UNPROTECTED sex, Dont get me wrong, Babies are a HUGE blessing, but they shouldn't be a burden, at least wait till your married and with someone who you LOVE before you have sex. And if you are on BC, and miss a pill here or there, even if you dont get in the routine of taking them at the SAME TIME you can get pregnant... so if you think you messed up, skipped a pill or even took it a couple hours later, as a precaution if you arent TTC i'd suggest a back up BC, condom,etc. I know how it is, going that month or couple days after missed period, to be curious about if your pregnant or not. Just BE SAFE with your sex. IF you arent ready for a baby just take the precautions! & To all you out there who are TTC, dont give up! They are TOTALLY worth the wait!!! Good Luck Everyone!
Hie guys I went first day of my last period was the 26 of july and my cycle is a 30 day cycle and this month I haven't received my period ,I tested on the day I was supposed to go on my period and it came negative.Now  I'm 10 days late. I have been havin lower abdominla pains and back pains .Am I pregnant.thanx
I'm 14 and had unsafe sex. What should I do...?
I been trying for 5 months now =(. Im late 2days and I took a text and nothing it ***** I want a baby so bad my fisrt one come so fast I didnt put my birth control in for a week and got prego im going to wait a lil longer I really hope this is it =(
hello. im tewnty four maybe on my second kid. i feel tired headache bloated and irridable soar nipples mosltly it i keep getting negitive test... i havnt had a period in two months.. nothing else is wrong with me shld i do fo the blood test to c if im preg or are these synthoms good enough to tell??
Hi there,

My partner had a vasectomy reversal about 2 months ago, we got results back that it had worked and there were live sperm getting through.
We have not been using contraception, but at the same time not trying to get pregnant, just going with the flow as we don't want to get our hopes up, as I have had PCOS and now possibly Endometriosis. So after all this my period is late this month, only by 4 days at the moment, so my question (sorry about all the info!) is how long should we wait to take a pregnancy test? I really want to like right now, but my partner thinks we should wait. It's just so hard as I already have my hopes up! But the only other symptom I seem to have is being a bit nauseous and having to pee a lot!
what happen are you ?are you  pregnant?every thing same with me too
als 32years please let me know
im 4days late and im never late, but im getting period pains do you think I should take a test?
period was 7 days late headaches dizzyness craveings tender nipples breast seems bigger  tirdness lower abdomanal/back pains & bloating on the 3rd missed day i took a test it was negitive   after them 7 days my period came very bad cramps on the first and second day (very unuseual) it came & left now all the sympthoms are back sort of WHAT SHOULD I DO! -ADVICE PLEASE
Well I've. Been having regular periods 29days. My last period was on Aug 12,2011 and its Sept 19, 2011. Took 2 HPTs and they were neg. But have been feeling rhe symptoms (tired, sleepy, hungry, bloated, starting to pee a lot and sore nipples. I normally don't get cramps till my period arrives.
Iven been having sex in hopes in geting pregnant. And even try keeping up with my temp to calculate ovulation. But since I've been anemic lately, my core body tempdoesnt go past 97.5. So should I call my PCP and ask to see him for a blood test or still wait till I'm 14 days late? Or should I go to my GYN instead(it takes 2 weeks to get an appointment), and I don't know if I can wait that long!
   Someone help me understand why I'm so tired and sick and can't hold food down.
Can I be pregnet and the test come back saying I am not pregnant
Can I tack a pregnancy test and it say I am not pregnant and still be pregnant
Can someone help me? Im new on hear my name is angelica and ill b 19 this month.okay well i have a normal 28 day cycle and about 3 months ago i had a week early cycle due to chemical pregnancy but right after my period was normal again.i usually get my period 1 day early every month but this month i was due for my period on the 30th and one day early would be the 29th.today is the 2nd and still no period today is the 5th day late(if 1 day early) and i have also been having light pain every now and then on my abdomin (abdomen) and ive been feeling period pressure for since 2 days ago but still no period.my backand neck have been bothering me for 2 days and ive been having frequent urination for 2 days and feeling over tired for a week now.i havnt took a pregnancy test yet because i want to wait until the full normal period week is over but i was wondering was you ladies think is going on because i have never had a late period so im kind of confused.
HI i just wanted to know if its ok to take a prenancy test 2 weeks after having sex?im not sure if i'll be pregnant since I have an irregular period, i have been feeling moody & i have been getting back pain, headaches, & cramps. my BF says that the condom broke so i just wanted to double check about the pregnancy test & if i can take it already?
Hey I've been trying for a baby and I'm now 3 days late I'm normally on time and I've been feeling sick and keep getting bloated and my boobs are sore but I'm scared on taking a pregnancy test in case its to early can anyone give me some advice please
I am 17DPO, AF was due 2 days ago but still no sign.. I did the test and its BFN :( I have cramps in lower abdomen, breasts are sore and sensitive and feel tired. Started having heartburn last night. Can anyone help please :(
Guys I've been on my period 4 3 months now & I feel pregnant is it possible?
Started my 2 month of pills Sunday, however i missed like a BUNCH of pills in the first month..should i stop taking pills all together until my period comes and then restart or just keep taking until i notice anything? I am on a pill that is suppose to make my periods 4 times a year once my body adjusts. So waiting to see if my period starts seems like a wierd thing to do since it may not...what to do??? Any advice will help, the bf won't talk about this stuff with me! and i have set up a new way to take the pills if it turns out im not pregnant so this won't happen again!!
Could be too early to test, but it could be nothing. All the "symptoms" you listed are also signs you could be about to start your period. Stress and worry can also make your period late. I would wait a few more days and test again. If it still comes back negative, and you still havent gotten your period, then I would schedule an appt with your gyno.
If you have been on your period for 3 months and think you are pregnant, you should schedule an appointment with your gyno immediately.
Seems pretty immature that your boyfriend wont discuss this sort of thing with you. He can have sex but not talk about birth control?? Is he 14?

If you missed that many pills, then you need to speak with your gyno about how to proceed, likely you have messed up the cycle and would need to start all over again. Continuing to randomly take pills when you could possibly be pregnant could be harmful to the baby. I would advice from your doctor on how to proceed.
i had a iud removed on october 13 and had a seven day period octeber 14-20. I was due to come on nov 14 and still have not came on took one preg test nov 15 which was neg is it possible i can be preg and when should i test again
hey guys i need some opinions , see the first day of my last period was Nov 5th and it ended Nov 9th. If my calculations are right i had sex during my whole ovualation cycle and now my period is due Dec 3 or 4th yet i have no cramping at all. Mind you i always get cramping anywhere between a week before or a week and a half before my period is due. My period is like 3 or 4 days away yet i have had no cramps but my nipples are sore ( i always have sore breasts before my period but i always have cramps accompany it and this time there is no cramps.) i took a test yesterday but it was negative. Like i said my period isnt supposed to come until Dec 3 or 4th could i have taken the test too early ? And is the sore nipples and no cramps sound like a pregnancy sign? Please give me some opinions because im so confused
I have extremely bad backaches & sharp tummy pain & I am now going on 4 days since my missed period but have no other pregnancy symptoms..what should I do?
Hi I'm going threw the same thing you went threw but I'm having bad backaches and bad cramps... were you pregnant? Or not?
just play save baby
Hi... i had tubal clamps put on 2 years ago and have had a reg period every month. this month i am 8 days late!! took hpt at 5 days late with neg results. i have mild lower back pain, mild schomach cramps, i feel bloated and i pee ALOT!! any one here get ptegnant after tubal clamps?
hello,
   I have a question? I seen my last period november 26 2011 and it's now januaray 2012 I was wondering what should i do wait a little bit or what it could be late right?
Hi there everyone! I am a bit worried! I am 8 days late on my period. I was due on the 29th of December and usually come on in the morning. I do suffer from polycistic ovaries but my periods have always been regular and if not it's only been a day or two out but the last 3 months have been very regular and every 28 days! Me and my partner are trying for a baby but even though i'm this late I took 2 pregnancy tests one 4 days ago and the other 3 days ago and they were both negative. I really don't know what's going on, could I be pregnant and what should I do, help really appriciated! Thank you.
Hi, everyone.  my GF is 9 days late today.  We took 2 HPTs the 6th & 8th days past her expected period date, but both tests were negative (-).  Used first morning urine.  The tests we used were Equate (Walmart brand) and First Response Early Result.  She's not having any obvious PMS or pregnancy symptoms outside of being kind if tired lately. We did have unprotected sex this past month, so pregnancy is still a possibility.  

We kept track of her cycle and made sure not to have sex around her expected ovulation time, but we know she could still have gotten pregnant.  We're just waiting it out.  We're both quite nervous.  A baby isn't ideal for us right now, but if it happens it happens.

We're going to take another HPT in a few days, and if it's still negative, we'll take another at the 2 weeks mark.  If it's still negative, we'll schedule a doctor's appointment.

I know how frustrating it is to have people post their stories here without following up, so I WILL DEFINITELY POST AN UPDATE in the next few days to let you all know how we're doing.
UPDATE: Ok, my GFs period started today (10 days late).  She had blood on her TP this morning and she says her flow has become heavier as the day has progressed.  We're both relieved to have a definitive answer.
same with me the first day of my last period was nov 21 2011 and now its jan 9 2012 and no period ! did you find out if you were pregnant
same thing i'm going through. my last period was d ending of Dec 2011 and now it's Feb 14 2012.. i took 2 HPT and both came back negative.
My 1st pregnancy, I had a regular period & was already pregnant. It all happened in the month of Oct. 2002. Everybody around me figured I was except ME! Well by the time I went to the Dr, late Nov early Dec, I was 8wks & some days gestation. Yes you can have a regular normal period & still be already pregnant!
hi. sorry for this message. but i read your question on the forum. i think i am having the same problem as you do,. so, wts up? what hapend? im now 3 days late and im already getting paranoid. :(( im scared to take a pregnancy test.
Me and my hubby started to try for a 2nd kid last month. I ovulated March 15. Took the first test on Marxh 28 when I was a day late and it said not pregnant. But I have all the symptoms. I have very light cramps going on and off since the 27. I was bleeding on and off for 3 1/2 days. I Even have full boobs and the part that gets dark is getting darker every day. I even have blue blood vains on my feet legs boobs and arms. I took about 9 more test every time something new happens and all of them say not pregnant. I know I am pregnant. I think b/c me and my hubby is trying to have a 2nd kid I am looking for the symptoms that come up before you can get a + on a HPT.
Hey everyone. Its hard for me to say this but i'm 14 and having sex. Im scared that I am pregnant and i don't want to tell my mom. I want to take the test but then I dont so im just on day late. So wish me luck that im not:'(
Hey guys, i need some help here, its been 38days now since my last period, which only lasted 2days, i usually go for 4days. Should i be worried?
I was ons triphazel for 3years and now my doc changed me to trigestrel this month. So last week tuesday I only got in half of my pill coz it broke and I didn't see it. This weekend a oOps happend with me and my boyf.. My periods was supossed to start last night and it didn't.. Can anyone please help me..
hi there, ive been with my boyfriend now for over a year and a few months back i missed my period for 4 month went to the doctor and they said i wasnt pregnant. but now i had my period on april 18 exactly one month before my birthday and i havent got it yet and ive been craving beef dips and salty curly fries and were now in may. when i did my caluations im supposedly 40 days late if anyone had any of these and they say they are not please leave a comment ?
My period has been acting really strange...first it changed up, came on for about 2 days now im late. Im confused I took a test came back negative so should I wait a little bit longer before taking another one or go to the hospital?
hello my name is aman... i had sex with my gf on 8th march 2012.. after that she had period on 8th april,, then after that she had period on 10th may,but this time bleeding was less..now in june its june 16 but she not had period..can she be pregnant from 26th may  sex??? plzzz reply me
I personally believe that woman ovulate differently.
For example: some may have sex two to a day before they are due a period and then later discover that theire period hasn't come. These women need to wait 10-15 days before testing. Before will indefinately give a negative or false result being void. Women who have sex mid period which is 11-14 days after or 11-14 days before a period can immediately take a test the day of a missed period or as soon as a day late. The two type of pregnancy patterns are different so knowing when you have sex and when your period is due plays a big role in getting pregnant and knowing what to do next. Just remember even if you do have a period you still could be pregnant if you had unprotected sex the other side of 14 days. Your period may not change it may not in most causes stop completely. Again every woman is different. The best tests for suspected further dated pregnancies is he test called "the predictor" and in most obviously would be precise. The second way of testing is by your gp or family Dr.
Either way ovulation can be at any point during your gap cycle. What you read and see in books is only based on a typical estimate of a typical regular cycle.
I hav had sex for the first time I'm 17years an I have not had my period yet I'm 7 days late an I don't no if I should be scared of if it is normal to miss your periods after havin sex for ththe first time can some1 please help me
I have been ttc for 9months now and it seems hard to get pregnant my periods are usualy 29-27-30-31 days apart n last three to five days.  My last period was may 30 2012 i didnt get one for june its now july second 2012 do you think im pregnant?
I had my last period june.30th ended on july.3 i always had a three day period but but july 30th passed its now aug.2 so did I miss my period or its coming late I been trying to get prego for 11 months now but no help what should I do..
Im confuse i had to periods in a month one on july 5, 2012 and another one on july 25, 2012 now its august 22 and they say after your first cycle. Count 28 day an you should have another period so i did from the 25 of july to auguest 21 and i still didnt have a cycle i took a pregnancy test that same day and it came up negative. So i dont know what to do or when i will start picking up symptoms if i am pregnant
Don't take any med if you're not sure. I been trying for 5Yrs and I just missed
My periode for the 1st time.
Good luck! I hope everything works god bless
I am three to four days late and was having bad cramps and still haven't started period I am also having bad acid reflux I was wondering should I go to a doctor or wait ?
Ok me in my boyfriend had sex about two weeks ago in I haven't came on my cycle. When I just the rest room its some clear white strikingly stuff came out it looks like nut I take a shower everyday. But I'm concerned cuz I took my depo shot for the first time in may 2012 in I wanna know can I be pregnant. Can anyone help
hi im really confused on what to do ? i havent gotten my period since last month and i have been very sexual active with my boyfriend, i have been feeling nauses at night and i wake up with the same feeling, my stomach feels more sensitive now when someone pokes it, i have been more tierd then normal and i feel bloated all the time, i have been craving foods that i didnt like eating before . am i pregnant ??? or am i just stressing about it too much ??? please help someone !?!?!?
Honey, Take a pregnancy test...pretty sure ur pg!
2 days late with my period. I am a newlywed. We've been trying for 5 months. I usually get sore breasts (and other PMS symptoms) 1 week before my period. I am never late. Now I'm two days late, my breast just started getting sore 2 days ago. Took a couple of pregnancy test both negative. Could I be pregnant or I'm just really late.
My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex since start of January, after my January cycle we had sex twice while in my fertility window however 1 day after expected ovulation! Now it's February and I'm going on 4 days late with no warning sign of my cycle cilomibg like I usually get, I took a test at 3 says late and it was negative? Could I be pregnant ??
I was due for a period march 5th and I'm 3 days late. I took two fr tests and both came back neg... I'm never late for my periods... could I still be pregnant???
I had a period and was pregnant just like Sheryl333. I was pregnant already but have since learned that it might have. Been implantation bleeding, which occurs around the same time as your period. I sometimes have light periods so it  was no different but I will assume that is what it was. I am ttc as well. My husband is 40 and I am 31 and we have been trying for nine months now.
When I got married to him Imoved 500 miles to be with home so stress can change your ovulation. My period is like clockwork until I moved. I have not missed a period but the date changes. I am now two days late according to my calendar tracking but it was an average length of a cycle. I think I might still have my period but just waiting. I had a negative test two days before but it happened last time I was pregnant. I got negative tests and my period... but I have a baby from it! Good luck to everyone
i missed my periods for two day what should i do?
Ok i miss my period on the 7 of this month can some one please tell me if i should wait to take a pregnancy test or take one now...
I am a month & two weeks late for my period. I have had one positive result with clearblue hpt. & two negative with dollar tree brand. Am i pregnant? I feel very very pregnant. With all the symptoms. With my first baby i never had any symptoms....but felt that i was pregnant. & i was
I  took a 2 pregnancy tests 11 days after sex and 7 days before my missed period. They both said No. Is this accurate? I sure hope so.
I'm so confussed right now me and my husband have been trying for baby number two and now we got r hopes up but I am always on time and now I'm four days late when I was two days late toke a urine and blood test both (-) can I still be pregnant I'm never late last time I was it was with my daughter three yr ago
I had sex 10 days before my period was due & I'm 4 days late when can I take a test? Btw it doesn't feel like I'm going to be on my period.
im 5days late on my period. I've taken 2 pt and just had blood drawn today and all negative. im never late, always start on the 10th. Could it still be to early?
the same went for me, but it was because i had an ovarian cyst.
Okay my last period qas jan 7 and now its feb 10 im 3 days late my breast are swollen and I have breast milk could I be pregnant ? Please anwer thank yu
Viewing 201-282 comments: