how long after you miss your period should you take pregnancy test
i am new to the site and was hoping someone could clarify some information. i am currently ttc and am 6 days late for my period i have taken pregnancy tests x2 both bfn. i was told by friends i should wait at least 2 weeks after i miss my period to take the test is this correct? a family member just tested positive after 1 day late. i am so confused and disappointed at this point. thanks
same with me the first day of my last period was nov 21 2011 and now its jan 9 2012 and no period ! did you find out if you were pregnant
same thing i'm going through. my last period was d ending of Dec 2011 and now it's Feb 14 2012.. i took 2 HPT and both came back negative.
My 1st pregnancy, I had a regular period & was already pregnant. It all happened in the month of Oct. 2002. Everybody around me figured I was except ME! Well by the time I went to the Dr, late Nov early Dec, I was 8wks & some days gestation. Yes you can have a regular normal period & still be already pregnant!
hi. sorry for this message. but i read your question on the forum. i think i am having the same problem as you do,. so, wts up? what hapend? im now 3 days late and im already getting paranoid. :(( im scared to take a pregnancy test.
Me and my hubby started to try for a 2nd kid last month. I ovulated March 15. Took the first test on Marxh 28 when I was a day late and it said not pregnant. But I have all the symptoms. I have very light cramps going on and off since the 27. I was bleeding on and off for 3 1/2 days. I Even have full boobs and the part that gets dark is getting darker every day. I even have blue blood vains on my feet legs boobs and arms. I took about 9 more test every time something new happens and all of them say not pregnant. I know I am pregnant. I think b/c me and my hubby is trying to have a 2nd kid I am looking for the symptoms that come up before you can get a + on a HPT.
Hey everyone. Its hard for me to say this but i'm 14 and having sex. Im scared that I am pregnant and i don't want to tell my mom. I want to take the test but then I dont so im just on day late. So wish me luck that im not:'(
Hey guys, i need some help here, its been 38days now since my last period, which only lasted 2days, i usually go for 4days. Should i be worried?
I was ons triphazel for 3years and now my doc changed me to trigestrel this month. So last week tuesday I only got in half of my pill coz it broke and I didn't see it. This weekend a oOps happend with me and my boyf.. My periods was supossed to start last night and it didn't.. Can anyone please help me..
hi there, ive been with my boyfriend now for over a year and a few months back i missed my period for 4 month went to the doctor and they said i wasnt pregnant. but now i had my period on april 18 exactly one month before my birthday and i havent got it yet and ive been craving beef dips and salty curly fries and were now in may. when i did my caluations im supposedly 40 days late if anyone had any of these and they say they are not please leave a comment ?
My period has been acting really strange...first it changed up, came on for about 2 days now im late. Im confused I took a test came back negative so should I wait a little bit longer before taking another one or go to the hospital?
hello my name is aman... i had sex with my gf on 8th march 2012.. after that she had period on 8th april,, then after that she had period on 10th may,but this time bleeding was less..now in june its june 16 but she not had period..can she be pregnant from 26th may  sex??? plzzz reply me
I personally believe that woman ovulate differently.
For example: some may have sex two to a day before they are due a period and then later discover that theire period hasn't come. These women need to wait 10-15 days before testing. Before will indefinately give a negative or false result being void. Women who have sex mid period which is 11-14 days after or 11-14 days before a period can immediately take a test the day of a missed period or as soon as a day late. The two type of pregnancy patterns are different so knowing when you have sex and when your period is due plays a big role in getting pregnant and knowing what to do next. Just remember even if you do have a period you still could be pregnant if you had unprotected sex the other side of 14 days. Your period may not change it may not in most causes stop completely. Again every woman is different. The best tests for suspected further dated pregnancies is he test called "the predictor" and in most obviously would be precise. The second way of testing is by your gp or family Dr.
Either way ovulation can be at any point during your gap cycle. What you read and see in books is only based on a typical estimate of a typical regular cycle.
I hav had sex for the first time I'm 17years an I have not had my period yet I'm 7 days late an I don't no if I should be scared of if it is normal to miss your periods after havin sex for ththe first time can some1 please help me
I have been ttc for 9months now and it seems hard to get pregnant my periods are usualy 29-27-30-31 days apart n last three to five days.  My last period was may 30 2012 i didnt get one for june its now july second 2012 do you think im pregnant?
I had my last period june.30th ended on july.3 i always had a three day period but but july 30th passed its now aug.2 so did I miss my period or its coming late I been trying to get prego for 11 months now but no help what should I do..
Im confuse i had to periods in a month one on july 5, 2012 and another one on july 25, 2012 now its august 22 and they say after your first cycle. Count 28 day an you should have another period so i did from the 25 of july to auguest 21 and i still didnt have a cycle i took a pregnancy test that same day and it came up negative. So i dont know what to do or when i will start picking up symptoms if i am pregnant
Don't take any med if you're not sure. I been trying for 5Yrs and I just missed
My periode for the 1st time.
Good luck! I hope everything works god bless
I am three to four days late and was having bad cramps and still haven't started period I am also having bad acid reflux I was wondering should I go to a doctor or wait ?
Ok me in my boyfriend had sex about two weeks ago in I haven't came on my cycle. When I just the rest room its some clear white strikingly stuff came out it looks like nut I take a shower everyday. But I'm concerned cuz I took my depo shot for the first time in may 2012 in I wanna know can I be pregnant. Can anyone help
hi im really confused on what to do ? i havent gotten my period since last month and i have been very sexual active with my boyfriend, i have been feeling nauses at night and i wake up with the same feeling, my stomach feels more sensitive now when someone pokes it, i have been more tierd then normal and i feel bloated all the time, i have been craving foods that i didnt like eating before . am i pregnant ??? or am i just stressing about it too much ??? please help someone !?!?!?
Honey, Take a pregnancy test...pretty sure ur pg!
2 days late with my period. I am a newlywed. We've been trying for 5 months. I usually get sore breasts (and other PMS symptoms) 1 week before my period. I am never late. Now I'm two days late, my breast just started getting sore 2 days ago. Took a couple of pregnancy test both negative. Could I be pregnant or I'm just really late.
My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex since start of January, after my January cycle we had sex twice while in my fertility window however 1 day after expected ovulation! Now it's February and I'm going on 4 days late with no warning sign of my cycle cilomibg like I usually get, I took a test at 3 says late and it was negative? Could I be pregnant ??
I was due for a period march 5th and I'm 3 days late. I took two fr tests and both came back neg... I'm never late for my periods... could I still be pregnant???
I had a period and was pregnant just like Sheryl333. I was pregnant already but have since learned that it might have. Been implantation bleeding, which occurs around the same time as your period. I sometimes have light periods so it  was no different but I will assume that is what it was. I am ttc as well. My husband is 40 and I am 31 and we have been trying for nine months now.
When I got married to him Imoved 500 miles to be with home so stress can change your ovulation. My period is like clockwork until I moved. I have not missed a period but the date changes. I am now two days late according to my calendar tracking but it was an average length of a cycle. I think I might still have my period but just waiting. I had a negative test two days before but it happened last time I was pregnant. I got negative tests and my period... but I have a baby from it! Good luck to everyone
i missed my periods for two day what should i do?
Ok i miss my period on the 7 of this month can some one please tell me if i should wait to take a pregnancy test or take one now...
I am a month & two weeks late for my period. I have had one positive result with clearblue hpt. & two negative with dollar tree brand. Am i pregnant? I feel very very pregnant. With all the symptoms. With my first baby i never had any symptoms....but felt that i was pregnant. & i was
I  took a 2 pregnancy tests 11 days after sex and 7 days before my missed period. They both said No. Is this accurate? I sure hope so.
I'm so confussed right now me and my husband have been trying for baby number two and now we got r hopes up but I am always on time and now I'm four days late when I was two days late toke a urine and blood test both (-) can I still be pregnant I'm never late last time I was it was with my daughter three yr ago
I had sex 10 days before my period was due & I'm 4 days late when can I take a test? Btw it doesn't feel like I'm going to be on my period.
im 5days late on my period. I've taken 2 pt and just had blood drawn today and all negative. im never late, always start on the 10th. Could it still be to early?
the same went for me, but it was because i had an ovarian cyst.
Okay my last period qas jan 7 and now its feb 10 im 3 days late my breast are swollen and I have breast milk could I be pregnant ? Please anwer thank yu
I am 15 days late from my period! I just took the test and it said negative.. When ever I finish a run,  get a really painful cramp under my belly and down my legs/thighs. I am so worried if I am pregnant or not? I hope I'm not, can anal sex get you pregnant?
hi ive recently been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries and the hospital put me on proviria to induce my periods as i havent had one since i was 17 years old and im now 30 after finishing them my period came i was on for a week and i was supposed to be due on the 17/05/2015 is it normal to be a few days late or should i be worried
i am 20 years old my last period finish on the 9th may and it supposed to came back on the 5th june and today make 52 days and today i get my period i need some help can i be pregnant?
im 6 days late for my period, and I keep getting water infections, one day il have one and the next I wont, and it will hurt just a little bit then not at all, and also I did a pregnancy test and its came back negative, is it still possible to be pregnant? I don't know what to think or do..
Hi am sarah i delivered my baby on August 2014 at 2kg through CS, ever since i delivered i have not seen my period and the baby stopped breast feeding at 6months. Am know worried cause am feeling dizzy Nauser and lost appetite and food craving. The siuation went on until this month i test at home and found am positive, still i dont know how many month or if its dangerous due to the CS i went through if i can still raise the pregnancy or not am asking if there is anyone who went throu this please help me. I havent gone to the doctor yet i still ask if anyone can answer my question.
I even dont know how many months it is, or what will i do to know how many months the fetus is.
i got the same situation as you. so in the end are you pregnant?
I'm also have situation lyk that 4 days late to my periods nausea little bit of cramps in my stomach means im pregnat?
hi , my period comes every 5 ... and me and my husband been trying to have  a baby for 2 years now , every month we tried but this month i missed my period i never do we had inercorse 2 times this month and yesterday as well and i was supposed to start my period today but i havent. this never happens to me, i never have problems with my period... can you help me im exited but i just need to know if i can really be pregnant and when should i take a pregnancy test
Honestly it depends on how high your hormone levels are.  My sister in law didn't get a positive test until she was almost 4 months pregnant . And even when it was positive it was so faint that we couldn't even tell if it was the lighting or what so she went to get a blood test done and her doctor said she was definitely pregnant and put her on prenatal vitamins right away.  He said it's normal for Ur hormone levels to be low if your diet is poor or u are dehydrated.
Okay, i'm seriously freaking out. So i'm already 21, the first day of my last period was on september 24 2015, and my guy and i had protected sex last october 15 and october 21. we checked for any breakage and leaks and there were none. i was supposed get my period around october 22 and it's already the 30th but still no period. I've been pretty regular with my cycle, usually in a 27-30 days cycle. I've been feeling bloated and easily tired recently, also having white/light yellowish discharge, nipples are sensitive to touch, and mood swings (tho mood swings are pretty normal for me). no cramping or nausea tho. I took a pregnancy test last october 27, and it came out negative. I'm planning on taking it again a week after, which is on november 3. I'm not sure if i'm pregnant since we've always had sex wearing a condom and this never happened before. On the week that i got my period tho, around september 24 to october 2 , i had a major submission that stressed me out quite a bit (like i only had 3-4 hours of sleep, ate only once or twice a day for 4-5 days) So i'm not sure if its the stress that's throwing my period off or if i'm really pregnant. Someone please help!
My period was suppose to come the 5th December 2015 and its 8 days later which the 13th of December 2015 and I'm getting cramps in my lower abdomen my breast are tender and I'm feeling a little more tired than usual (even though I like sleeping) am I pregnant or should I wait a few more days before testing to see if its positive?
3 days but toke 2 test and say I'm pregnant should I wait 2 week and do it again
I have been ttc for a year now and a friend told me about a herb dog blood an vervain here in jamaica i took the herb an i got my period on the 21 of december 2015 an now its 25 of december an my lower abdomen is hard breast arnt sore but kind tingly an sensitive back pain diarrhea an the pest part an 5 days late can anyone tell me if they think am pregnant